Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 2nd of August when they were having issues with uploading LORs from AACOMAS. I emailed them Aug. 25th and they responded quickly and very nicely that I was complete. So it may be that you are complete but they just never marked it.
 
How long ago were your letters uploaded? My application did not show "complete" status until several weeks after my committee letter was uploaded to AACOMAS.

All my letters were sent out to AACOMAS back in late Aug. I was complete early September and submitted my secondary in mid September.

I received a email from the dean today and she personally said mu my file is now complete. I also received this complete email the same day:

We have received all of your required application materials. Your application is currently under review with our Admissions Committee. You will be notified by our admissions office if the committee would like to schedule you for an interview. You may track the status of your application by logging into the applicant portal at https://somamp.rowan.edu.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All my letters were sent out to AACOMAS back in late Aug. I was complete early September and submitted my secondary in mid September.

I received a email from the dean today and she personally said mu my file is now complete. I also received this complete email the same day:

We have received all of your required application materials. Your application is currently under review with our Admissions Committee. You will be notified by our admissions office if the committee would like to schedule you for an interview. You may track the status of your application by logging into the applicant portal at https://somamp.rowan.edu.
Actually, I'm confused now. My secondary app tab shows all green check marks, including next to letters of recommendation. The document status tab shows my committee letter. But the status shows red Xs next to letters of recommendation and application complete! I'm 99.99% sure those were all green check marks last time I looked. I guess I need to email or call admissions too!
 
Actually, I'm confused now. My secondary app tab shows all green check marks, including next to letters of recommendation. The document status tab shows my committee letter. But the status shows red Xs next to letters of recommendation and application complete! I'm 99.99% sure those were all green check marks last time I looked. I guess I need to email or call admissions too!
That's what I had since mid August. Just updated Monday and got complete email. I don't get it either. Maybe there are two reviewers, one who checks the letters into the system and one who actually reads and reviews them. Idk
 
I have check marks by everything but no date by my letters. Anyone whos complete have a date by their letters?
 
I have check marks by everything but no date by my letters. Anyone whos complete have a date by their letters?

Mine is the same. I had the problem where my "Letters of Recommendation" and "Application Complete" had a red X next to them, even though they had received everything for a few weeks. I called and someone in the admissions office promptly took care of it.
 
That's what I had since mid August. Just updated Monday and got complete email. I don't get it either. Maybe there are two reviewers, one who checks the letters into the system and one who actually reads and reviews them. Idk
I just started calling them and as I did I opened the status tab so I could explain exactly what I was seeing, and my status is now completed. I am almost positive it was last time I checked prior to yesterday too. So strange, right?
EDIT: And less than 30 seconds after this post, I received a complete email!
 
@echo87 @Stephanie906 did either of you receive a complete email at least?
No, the only email I received was regarding the completed secondary application...

but when I go online to check on my status, it says that my application is complete with a green check mark.
 
I submitted my secondary 8/2 and things were all marked complete at that time as well---should I be worried? I'm beginning to worry..the silence/wait is so tough.
 
I submitted my secondary 8/2 and things were all marked complete at that time as well---should I be worried? I'm beginning to worry..the silence/wait is so tough.

I was complete since first week of August and just got an II last week. It all depends on how you're ranked in their system. Not many II have gone out, and they only interview 4 candidates per interview day.
 
I was complete since first week of August and just got an II last week. It all depends on how you're ranked in their system. Not many II have gone out, and they only interview 4 candidates per interview day.
do you know if its 50/50 IS and OOS being interviewed or is that part random as well? Do you know the turn around after interview?
 
do you know if its 50/50 IS and OOS being interviewed or is that part random as well? Do you know the turn around after interview?

I'm sure they favor IS more. It says on their website. Also, the committee meets every third Thursday of the month.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure they favor IS more. It says on their website. Also, the committee meets every third Thursday of the month.

Where did you hear about the committee meeting every 3rd Thursday? Would love for this to be true- would get to hear back sooner than expected.
 
Where did you hear about the committee meeting every 3rd Thursday? Would love for this to be true- would get to hear back sooner than expected.

From alumni, current students, and even previous years' threads on SDN. However, take this with a grain of salt, as we all know sometimes information is spread wrong.
 
Secondary submitted 10/3; I have the LOR "incomplete" status as well.
Sent an email on 10/5, but will call them about this and my complete status next Mon, 10/19.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to chime in and say this to anybody waiting for a decision:

One of my best friends goes here and is pretty close with April and Marisol (the two awesome ladies that work in the admissions office) and she went in and asked them what was up and why they think I was placed on the alternate list and not accepted. Here is what they told her:

For some reason (they don't know why) the admissions committee is accepting a lot less people and placing a lot more on the alternate list. At roughly this time last year, about half of the seats for the class were filled. This year, however, only about 20 people have been accepted. So keep your head up...even if pure placed on the alternate list it seems you still have a good shot of eventually getting accepted!