You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just an fyi for anyone whose app isn't complete bc of LORs, I emailed yesterday regarding the red ! And seeing that they had my virtual evals. I didn't get a reply, but I checked today and my app is complete. So it seems like an e mail does the trick !
anyone who subbed with letters on AACOMAS complete yet? I subbed mid july still not complete...anyone have this resolved?Yup same situation here, but have submitted letters using AACOMAS LOR service.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still incomplete, will be calling the admissions department tommorow. Maybe they can clear the situation.
Please let us know! I've been getting a bit nervous! Thank you!
I submitted by letters via Interfolio and it was marked incomplete for weeks. I sent them an email at the end of last week and they responded very quickly stating they had received my letters and that my application was currently under review. I was then marked complete on their status page. If you think there is an error I would definitely email them. They were very nice and responded quickly.
If anyone is applying early decision, today seems to be the first day of interviews. Expecting your interview invites soon for those completed.
How do you know that? Is it listed on their website? I haven't heard anyone getting a II on here.
As a current student, I can confirm that interviews started yesterday and there were a couple more today. Good luck to everyone with IIs and interview days. It's still very early so please don't panic if you haven't heard back yet [emoji4]How do you know that? Is it listed on their website? I haven't heard anyone getting a II on here.
I think they might be sending II to the early decision applicants at this point! I am sure the regular applicants will be reviewed soon enough![]()
Yeah, I am sure they prioritize early decision first so there is no need to worry if you are still waiting on an interview invite. There are plenty of people in the current class that got interviews into March/April. This is exceedingly early in the application cycle overall and especially for Rowan SOM.
I want my decision early so I don't have to pay deposits to other schools while waiting for this school. $1500 for deposits at LECOM or CUSOM due by November. I also have a CCOM interview and ATSU-KCOM to attend soon.
Although it is still "early," I wish I can get their decision early so I don't have the stress of having to pay extra money when this is my top choice school.
Although it is still "early," I wish I can get their decision early so I don't have the stress of having to pay extra money when this is my top choice school.
via email? when did you submit/marked complete? would you mind sharing your stats. I'm also NJ in state and submitted early so hoping for some love---rowan is definitely my number one choiceIn state regular decision applicant, just got an II!
I was complete late july. mcat is 28 and gpa is around 3.7via email? when did you submit/marked complete? would you mind sharing your stats. I'm also NJ in state and submitted early so hoping for some love---rowan is definitely my number one choice
I wish I can get that II soon...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks. I was complete August 2nd so hopefully I'll get some love soon. Similar stats so fingers crossed.I was complete late july. mcat is 28 and gpa is around 3.7
So I just called their office they said I was complete August 10th. How did you get a complete notification? EDIT: 32 MCAT 3.65 GPA
I was complete late july. mcat is 28 and gpa is around 3.7
If you go to the portal and view the communication status under the status tab, that should contain information on your various statuses throughout the past month, along with dates for each status update.So I just called their office they said I was complete August 10th. How did you get a complete notification? EDIT: 32 MCAT 3.65 GPA
Could you perhaps share a anonymous screen shot. I have no idea where I am supposed to be lookingIf you go to the portal and view the communication status under the status tab, that should contain information on your various statuses throughout the past month, along with dates for each status update.
Just messaged you with some more info!Could you perhaps share a anonymous screen shot. I have no idea where I am supposed to be looking
got it, i responded!Just messaged you with some more info!
II here on 9/1 (not ED), OOS but born and raised in New Jersey. Coming back for some love, NJ!
When were you complete?II here on 9/1 (not ED), OOS but born and raised in New Jersey. Coming back for some love, NJ!
When were you complete?
Secondary submitted 7/22. Never got a complete notification.
3 of us got in from So Cal alone (class of 2019), others as well (Indiana, TX, etc) I just don't think enough OOS'ers apply. Look into PBL and pleeeeease do pre-matric if you get in.
any non-ED IIs yet? other than @Eccesignum?
6
68PGunner
II here on 9/1 (not ED), OOS but born and raised in New Jersey. Coming back for some love, NJ!
I guessed I won't hear back from this school until OCT then. I am very excited to see what this school is all about. My supervisor is actually an alumnus of this school. I'm hoping for some military love from this school.
A few of my classmates are actually yr 4 students here. They have nothing but glowing reviews for this school.
Me! --interviewing tomorrow morning. 🙂any non-ED IIs yet? other than @Eccesignum?
Me! --interviewing tomorrow morning. 🙂
when were you complete? stats if you dont mind sharing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I have a question about tuition for OOS students.
Is it possible to apply for New Jersey citizenship during your first year and then request IS tuition for the remaining 3 years?
I know some MD schools, like the SUNYs in New York, allow you to get IS tuition after your first year.
I have a question about tuition for OOS students.
Is it possible to apply for New Jersey citizenship during your first year and then request IS tuition for the remaining 3 years?
I know some MD schools, like the SUNYs in New York, allow you to get IS tuition after your first year.
Hello everyone,
I have a question about tuition for OOS students.
Is it possible to apply for New Jersey citizenship during your first year and then request IS tuition for the remaining 3 years?
I know some MD schools, like the SUNYs in New York, allow you to get IS tuition after your first year.
No, they did previously but it was changed in recent years
Me! --interviewing tomorrow morning. 🙂
Awesome! @amc896 What did you think of the school/ How did the interview go?
You guys always look pretty snazzy in those suits! Keep it up and remember (for those awaiting their interview date), just be yourself during the interview. They have seen your stats and everything on your application. Getting an interview invite clearly shows they are interested in you and you are capable of completing the curriculum, they just want to get to know you a little better and see if you are a good fit for the school.
Good Luck everyone!
Good Luck everyone!
I haven't gotten an II yet should we be expecting more IIs soon?You guys always look pretty snazzy in those suits! Keep it up and remember (for those awaiting their interview date), just be yourself during the interview. They have seen your stats and everything on your application. Getting an interview invite clearly shows they are interested in you and you are capable of completing the curriculum, they just want to get to know you a little better and see if you are a good fit for the school.
Good Luck everyone!
Anyone recommend an OOS'er to apply here?
absolutely! I wrote earlier we have multiple OOS in this year
I haven't gotten an II yet should we be expecting more IIs soon?
Absolutely, we are still SUPER early in the cycle to be worried about it. Oldenuff2nobetr has it right. I would be much more concerned if you are still waiting into December, considering you have already applied. Then again plenty of people applied much later and interviewed into March/April and still got accepted! The best think you can do is just sit back and relax. It will happen when it happens.
Anyone recommend an OOS'er to apply here?
I saw someone answer this before but just to reiterate, it really depends on your stats but I would not be discouraged from applying here. At first glance our stats say we don't accept OOSers often but this is misleading as many OOSers decide not to come since they get accepted to their home state school. I would give it a shot if your stats aren't that far off from our average.
^Please see above messagesHas anyone been invited for an interview?
Interviews started approximately 2 weeks ago so interview invites are already going out.
does anyone know their IS/OOS acceptance ratio?
It's probably skewed for the above stated reasons from us current students. (Low OOS applicants, declining in favor of other IS acceptances, etc.) From knowing the admissions staff's attitude and philosophies I don't see them rejecting good applicants just because they are OOS. Can the other current students back me up on this?does anyone know their IS/OOS acceptance ratio?
I got you!It's probably skewed for the above stated reasons from us current students. (Low OOS applicants, declining in favor of other IS acceptances, etc.) From knowing the admissions staff's attitude and philosophies I don't see them rejecting good applicants just because they are OOS. Can the other current students back me up on this?
We don't know the accepted IS/OOS rates, just the matriculation rate (approx 10-20% OOS). Realize that more than that 20-ish% are accepted, others just choose to go elsewhere for a variety of reasons
I got you!
We don't know the accepted IS/OOS rates, just the matriculation rate (approx 10-20% OOS). Realize that more than that 20-ish% are accepted, others just choose to go elsewhere for a variety of reasons
makes sense! thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to contact Rowan admissions? I've called them all day yesterday and today, left a message and also emailed them.. still haven't heard anything back. I want to make sure my application is complete.. anyone have any ideas?
Does anyone know how to contact Rowan admissions? I've called them all day yesterday and today, left a message and also emailed them.. still haven't heard anything back. I want to make sure my application is complete.. anyone have any ideas?
Just check the Rowan portal listed in your secondary invitation.
Does anyone know how to contact Rowan admissions? I've called them all day yesterday and today, left a message and also emailed them.. still haven't heard anything back. I want to make sure my application is complete.. anyone have any ideas?
They are probably just busy. Generally, during my application process they were more than willing to help and very prompt with returning my phone calls/emails. I would just wait a little bit, I know how hard that is during the application process though.
Give it some time as well - if you don't hear back by the end of the week, try contacting them on Monday again.Does anyone know how to contact Rowan admissions? I've called them all day yesterday and today, left a message and also emailed them.. still haven't heard anything back. I want to make sure my application is complete.. anyone have any ideas?
Remember - we got like 6000 applications last year - that's A LOT of applications to read thru and worried applicants to contact/respond to. RowanSOM admissions is very responsive and good about getting back to applicants. So, just give them a couple days and remember you are not the only other person calling them right now 🙂
haha - thinking the same thing at the same time...They are probably just busy. Generally, during my application process they were more than willing to help and very prompt with returning my phone calls/emails. I would just wait a little bit, I know how hard that is during the application process though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 565
- Views
- 138K
- Replies
- 888
- Views
- 225K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 257K
- Replies
- 868
- Views
- 190K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
