Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got off the phone with them and there hasn't been much,if any, movement in the past two weeks. If anything ~5% of the remaining list has been utilized the past two weeks. :(
Thank you! I'm on hold-list as well! Last time I called they said the same thing to me! Hopefully we will get good news!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I'm on hold-list as well! Last time I called they said the same thing to me! Hopefully we will get good news!

If not, we've got next year 100% so it's a win/win. :D

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if people on the wait list who reapply also have a good shot for the upcoming application cycle? I was in a pretty good spot on the wait list

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if people on the wait list who reapply also have a good shot for the upcoming application cycle? I was in a pretty good spot on the wait list

I spoke to Ms. Watkins and she had said that I'd most likely get an interview again for the 2017-2018 application cycle (I was top 5% of the waitlist). Based off of that, I believe you would have a good shot for the upcoming application cycle. Just make sure you are improving on your application as she also said they would focus more on the newer things of your application.

YES If we have to wait for next year would you do the pre-matriculation program?

I would expect that if you were wait-listed, you stand a good chance of being invited for an interview again. If I were you I'd call and inquire as to why you were wait-listed. By that I mean, specifically ask about any feedback pertaining to your interview. I would not just call up and ask, "Hey, why was I wait-listed and not accepted?" As others have said, so long as you're trying to improve your application in areas you see need some improvement, you should be golden. After all, you did get an interview and 90% of the applicants cannot say they did, clearly they have a strong interest in you.

I do not think I'd do the prematric program. From what I've heard, it's more geared toward those that have been out of the game for quite some time and it serves really no benefit other than to meet some of those in your class or to dust off the ol' notebooks. Stranger things have happened though, and I may reconsider as it approaches. After all, it is free and free stuff is the best stuff.

Last edited:
Any updates about the hold list?

Last edited:
Just spoke with Paula Watkins and although they haven't made the official announcement but she said it doesn't seem likely they will get to the wait list this year. Just thought I'd share with anyone else who was waiting for that.

There was some movement on the hold list past week - about 30% left now.

One Last Update...

I just spoke to the admissions office about any potential miracle these past few days concerning the hold-list. Unfortunately there hasn't been much, if any movement, the past few days. Evidently this years hold-list was significantly larger than years past as a result of the number of students the interviewers and committee were pleased with and wanted to matriculate. Fortunately for those of us remaining on the hold-list, there seems to be a change of heart for quite a number of students on white coat day. Some people decide at the very last moment, that this may not be what they want to do and decide to drop their seat. At least this is what I was told by the woman I spoke to in admissions this morning. Now, the likelihood of the rest of us remaining on the hold-list getting a call between now and orientation seems unlikely but I was told that Dr. Boyd makes the final decision on the class number sometime next week. Hold onto that last bit of hope everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
White coat was yesterday, I think the class is set

Has anyone called to find out whether the class is set yet? I was told on Monday that they would send out emails in a day but didn't get anything yet.

Has anyone called to find out whether the class is set yet? I was told on Monday that they would send out emails in a day but didn't get anything yet.

I called two days ago and was told the same thing and that the class was NOT set as of yet. You could always call again?

I called two days ago and was told the same thing and that the class was NOT set as of yet. You could always call again?
lol They're going to hate me for calling so often. I'll call them tomorrow though if we don't hear by then since classes are starting on the 14th.

lol They're going to hate me for calling so often. I'll call them tomorrow though if we don't hear by then since classes are starting on the 14th.

Half the time they don't even ask you you're name. They're not going to hate you for calling and inquiring about a seat you've been promised and being enthusiastic about starting as soon as possible. That's a little much lol.

I'm on the hold list and didn't get an email... anyone know what's going on?

You probably will be recieving a different email in the near future. I don't think its anything to worry about. The email basically said the cycle has ended and encouraged to reapply for the next cycle. Seeing that you are on the hold list it doesn't make sense to recieve that email.

I called them and they said that the dean hasn't called to confirm that the class is set so once that happens, they'll send out an email with instructions to hold the seat for next year.

You're all overthinking this and stressing yourselves out even more. Your stats are in and interviews are done, just relax now knowing you tried your best and don't let this stress control you!

I called them and they said that the dean hasn't called to confirm that the class is set so once that happens, they'll send out an email with instructions to hold the seat for next year.

A man of his word, that's what we need in medicine!

Incoming anonymous call at 8pm Sunday night. The voice on the other side of the phone mutters only 5 words before abruptly hanging up, "Report tomorrow morning or else."

A man of his word, that's what we need in medicine!

Incoming anonymous call at 8pm Sunday night. The voice on the other side of the phone mutters only 5 words before abruptly hanging up, "Report tomorrow morning or else."

LOL I'm expecting an owl to fly in Hogwarts style

Class apparently still not set... was told to call back next week. :dead:

Reactions: 1 user

That would be fun, playing catchup with a weeks worth of material while trying to remain on top of new material. Lol

I was told that the class is set and there would be no changes and to expect an email by the end of this week or early next week.

Soo finally some closure!

I was told that the class is set and there would be no changes and to expect an email by the end of this week or early next week.

Soo finally some closure!

Finally! Sweet lord what a long and boring summer it has been so far.

Just got the phone call. We in there next year bois. See you all then.

Hi everyone, did anyone on the Hold list get the emails to confirm your seat for next class and pay deposit yet? Thanks

Hi everyone, did anyone on the Hold list get the emails to confirm your seat for next class and pay deposit yet? Thanks

I'm pretty sure that it's coming via snail mail. They called me personally and I confirmed my interest over the phone. They said they'd be sending a packet in the mail in the next week or two. That was a week ago, so I'd expect something to arrive within the next week or so.

I'm pretty sure that it's coming via snail mail. They called me personally and I confirmed my interest over the phone. They said they'd be sending a packet in the mail in the next week or two. That was a week ago, so I'd expect something to arrive within the next week or so.
Has the packet come in the mail for you?

Has the packet come in the mail for you?

The financial aid and stuff has not come as of yet, but I did receive my official acceptance letter already.It was dated the 30th of August or something like that. I got it the beginning or end of last week I think. Have you not received anything as of yet?

The financial aid and stuff has not come as of yet, but I did receive my official acceptance letter already.It was dated the 30th of August or something like that. I got it the beginning or end of last week I think. Have you not received anything as of yet?

Ive received the email with the letter and background check forms but not through the mail. Still waiting on that

Ive received the email with the letter and background check forms but not through the mail. Still waiting on that

I would call, I got that all in the mail already.

Anyone willing to answer questions about PBL learning who got accepted and are in the program?