SDN High SchooWW (game thread)

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to be the devil's advocate, but do all the wolves always all work together? Could you and your potential wolf team have just gotten lucky and taken out the one other wolf you didn't know about? I'm thinking that the new kid probably wouldn't have made the connections with the other wolf students yet.
Genuine thought as a person who hasn't played much. Not sure if all the wolves are in the same PM chat or not.
This mechanic (lost wolf) does exist, but I think if it were a lost wolf it'd say so in the writeup. I think we can safely assume all the wolves know each other.
I also think that there probably wouldn't be a lost wolf in a basics game? I'm not sure though, I've never played with one
 
What made you say this pre-flip fruits?
it's a followup to this:

katie will kill me if i vote her now when she's away especially knowing she's on a busy rotation

i just signed my death warrant...
katie isn't here and it felt like a totally jerk move for me to vote for her, especially since she's away in a busy rotation, and stated she'd be posting in odd times

it'd look frankly game throwing if i was a wolf in this context
 
I also think that there probably wouldn't be a lost wolf in a basics game? I'm not sure though, I've never played with one
Yeah I'm inclined to agree they would not be basics-ish. Regardless, each time I've personally played with a lost wolf, they've been listed as such (or lost wolf -> found if they were united with the pack). So I think it's just a normal pack.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it's a followup to this:




katie isn't here and it felt like a totally jerk move for me to vote for her, especially since she's away in a busy rotation, and stated she'd be posting in odd times

it'd look frankly game throwing if i was a wolf in this context
Oh I see, I thought you meant death by wolf/village and was wondering why you thought that would make you a target 😅
 
Tbh I don't know if w! PSV would have tried to pull votes off of vets, unless all three (katie, psv, and vets) are wolves
You probably wont believe me since I haven't played much, but it was simply a nice comment to extend an olive branch for a rusty player. I would like to see any other evidence to support that I have a connection with katie or psv. I don't think there will be any because there is no connection, but let us know how you go
 
you don't need a godread on me or whatever to conclude that i'm not a wolf in this situation, simply because of how the votes played out

if you conclude that katie and beans are unpaired, it'd make no sense for me to defend beans so strongly and vote for katie last minute if I'm a wolf

if you conclude that katie and beans are paired, it'd also make no sense for wolf!me to defend one wolf and bury the other, considering the latter's wagon only emerged 3 minutes before D1 close and i was hovering between vets, kitz and even SAR/PSV
 
That's true for d1. Risky move, but still an option. I'm just looking at all the options
it's not just a risky move. it's self-destructive. zenge reinitiated a katie wagon 3 min for D1 close. there's no reason for any wolf to do that in the situation considering beans was at risk of dying and a counterwagon was struggling to form to save beans
 
Why would a wolf vote a wolf d1 when there were some other wagons that had traction? Genuine question
Happens in realplay all the time, usually with players who are already suss, or overconfident. Our old house rules gave greater weight to a lone wolf win over a pack win so there was incentive to axe other wolves
 
You probably wont believe me since I haven't played much, but it was simply a nice comment to extend an olive branch for a rusty player. I would like to see any other evidence to support that I have a connection with katie or psv. I don't think there will be any because there is no connection, but let us know how you go
I don't think I actually claimed you three were a pack, that was a hypothetical that if psv is a wolf and you're not, then it seems unlikely she would try to pull votes off of a villager while a packmate is on the board, unless you were also a packmate. But, psv is also a softie (this is a compliment ❤️) so it's not above possibility if she's a wolf and didn't think katie would be the rebound wagon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once again we see fruits and beans working together.
1769572730462.jpeg
 
Okay. Do you have updated thoughts now that fruit is mech village and beans is near impossible to be a wolf?
I don't understand this logic though? Newbie me doesn't like how they constantly switch together with apop, but maybe I just need to get over it and assume they are just a somehow coordinated village. Beans still isn't village to me for at least the next couple of votes because they tried to yeet me
 
tbh I continue to think kitz isn't a wolf, but that is mostly based on an early gentleread and I might just be entrenching myself further but
I think nay
 
I don't understand this logic though? Newbie me doesn't like how they constantly switch together with apop, but maybe I just need to get over it and assume they are just a somehow coordinated village. Beans still isn't village to me for at least the next couple of votes because they tried to yeet me
She voted you only because your vote put her in danger of dying. It was extremely difficult to override what looked like a clear misyeet to me (common if a wolf is in danger). So drastic measures were taken.

If you read back between the time frame starting with when you were voted up until the last Katie vote, you'll see that our thoughts surrounding beans were documented and full of warnings before we finally just put our money where our mouths were.
 
Yeah I'm inclined to agree they would not be basics-ish. Regardless, each time I've personally played with a lost wolf, they've been listed as such (or lost wolf -> found if they were united with the pack). So I think it's just a normal pack.
When did you play with a lost wolf?
 
Anyone feel like they should be president next?
I do think this conversation gets more difficult now.

We as villagers want to pick a strong town read to hopefully get two votes.

But also someone the wolves probably won’t kill.

Unless they kill the person they think we’re going to vote, instead of killing who we think they’re going to kill.

Real Wine In Front Of Me stuff.
 
I do think this conversation gets more difficult now.

We as villagers want to pick a strong town read to hopefully get two votes.

But also someone the wolves probably won’t kill.

Unless they kill the person they think we’re going to vote, instead of killing who we think they’re going to kill.

Real Wine In Front Of Me stuff.
We've got like four clear candidates. I think it'll be okay. If someone outside that four gets in, we know the wolves planted them.
 
If you read back between the time frame starting with when you were voted up until the last Katie vote, you'll see that our thoughts surrounding beans were documented and full of warnings before we finally just put our money where our mouths were.
What clued you in on her?

This is a queston I still want answered too. Yes, I understand why you would move away from beans, but why the sudden switch to katie then?

It's just so hard for my newbie brain to comprehend how a group of so called villagers (apop, fruit, AM) all got together right before close to all target one person that just happened to be a wolf. The only reason I can see is because katie sheeped Clem? Is it just a random guess given it's d1? With 3 minutes left there were votes for genny, kitz, and fruit and no votes for katie. Then in my mind katie randomly got 5 votes. For most of the day nothing was said about katie really except for the mention that she seemed to be neutral. And nothing against kitz, but the next logical thing (in my mind if they wanted to save beans) would be to jump to kitz then because kitz was discussed most of the day. Why jump back to katie then is what I'm questioning?

It seems to me that those 3 must know something, but I guess it's just more experienced people reading into the few messages katie wrote and figuring out she was a wolf somehow. Or just d1 random voting. Maybe just comes with practice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a queston I still want answered too. Yes, I understand why you would move away from beans, but why the sudden switch to katie then?

It's just so hard for my newbie brain to comprehend how a group of so called villagers (apop, fruit, AM) all got together right before close to all target one person that just happened to be a wolf. The only reason I can see is because katie sheeped Clem? Is it just a random guess given it's d1? With 3 minutes left there were votes for genny, kitz, and fruit and no votes for katie. Then in my mind katie randomly got 5 votes. For most of the day nothing was said about katie really except for the mention that she seemed to be neutral. And nothing against kitz, but the next logical thing (in my mind if they wanted to save beans) would be to jump to kitz then because kitz was discussed most of the day. Why jump back to katie then is what I'm questioning?

It seems to me that those 3 must know something, but I guess it's just more experienced people reading into the few messages katie wrote and figuring out she was a wolf somehow. Or just d1 random voting. Maybe just comes with practice.
Definitely a practice thing. There was no randomness involved.

Sometimes you get a bowling strike. Sometimes you get a home run. Sometimes you get the final jeopardy. Sometimes you get a backgammon. Sometimes Candace busts Phineas and Ferb. Sometimes you yeet a wolf D1 with a pure wagon.
 
Last edited:
We've got like four clear candidates. I think it'll be okay. If someone outside that four gets in, we know the wolves planted them.
Would you like to clarify who the 4 are? The 4 eligible from False Positives I assume? Would you be open to anyone else becoming president?

It's probably a long shot that anyone will vote for me, but I'll start an anti-wolf, anti-clique campaign if anyone is interested in alternative options outside of false positives. Us village need to stick together, not be divided!
 
Would you like to clarify who the 4 are? The 4 eligible from False Positives I assume? Would you be open to anyone else becoming president?

It's probably a long shot that anyone will vote for me, but I'll start an anti-wolf, anti-clique campaign if anyone is interested in alternative options outside of false positives. Us village need to stick together, not be divided!
Sorry no lol I'm town locking AM/Fruits/Zenge and never reconsidering
 
welp, Apple turned my alarm off so I slept until 10:30
But, I did pull the card I wanted in my gacha game, so maybe luck is on my side tonight.

Good morning everyone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What makes you think it will move?
I really don't think wolf!Kitz would ask this question. This whole process would have been a topic of discussion in wolf chat and I don't think Kitz is trying to pull a fast one here and pretend like it was all a mystery.