SDN Reactions and Emojis WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
**** hey I'm taking cell bio notes too! currently reading about vesicle budding and snare proteins ***
**** I was already 3 lectures behind, and I’m getting caught up, but we’re just doing an overview of different cell organelles right now since it’s the first week of classes****

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
**** I was already 3 lectures behind, and I’m getting caught up, but we’re just doing an overview of different cell organelles right now since it’s the first week of classes****
***** im on the quarter system, 4th week just wrapped up so midterm is next week ): ***

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
My impression of that role is that they kill anyone who tries to use an action on them so I don't see it completely out of the question if one of the villagers died at the hands of a PGO last night. I mean, would giving an emoji count as an action toward a PGO?

This was my kneejerk thought at seeing the write-up. I thought sunshine was a strange kill choice too. My first thought was sunshine and Lainey gave the same person emojis that triggered the kills, but seems a little crazy for any game especially one that's supposed to be basic :unsure:

I would like to hear some thoughts from @kraskadva @SARdoghandler and @Dinashadow

Anything in particular? This morning I was moving barks into slightly wolfy, but I've been agreeing with her thoughts she posted today and I agree with her thoughts on bread. I was considering going there as well today. I haven't ISO'd them yet, but something that stuck out to me was how active they were at the very beginning of the game with all the off-topic conversations and now that the game has picked up they've sort of faded into the background.

Please has been sounding slightly village to me, and I'm going back and forth on enigma. I think there was likely one wolf at on the prints or shorty wagons last night so if I'm using that logic it has to be one of them and/or zenge. I'm also leaning slightly wolfy on kras.

Alley and april I'm not sure about so they're neutral for now.

I think Bread is my strongest wolf read right now though so

yeet bread

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
was that your entire reasoning for yeeting shorty? Or was there something else that I missed
Kinda, was thinking it might have been a purposely slip or something because someone did it last game(brain fart on who) and thought maybe she might mimic it and then claim that it would be a mistake to do thT since it happened last match.

Then I voted TE because the quotes that WZ and SAR made were kinda shady upon reread. Also wanted to jump off my self vote because apparently it is super shady to just throw away a vote when you are not sure who to vote for

Unofficial D2 Yeet Tally
SAR (1) - AM
Zenge (1) - mayo
Enigma (2) - dubz, please
Bread (1) - Dina

5/15
yeet close in ~30 hours

Reactions: 1 user
I started thinking more about this and I remember bread not being as active in apoc. as I saw in noob, and then bread flipped wolf at the end of apoc.
which makes me give wolf points to bread, bc i feel like he's behaving more similarly to apocalypse
But then I acted the same, last game(kinda) as I did in the apocalypse. I do like sketch points but you do need a larger sample size

since i'm being dinged for not reading strongly, here's my list so far

Village
AM
Barks
Doggo
Cray
Dina
Mayo
Alley
Zenge
Bread*
WZ*
SAR*
Plz*
Kras
Wolf

*These reads are definitely influenced by the fact that they're gunning for me, so I expect one or more is just a misled villager. I'll need to see more to move them up. I also highly doubt that ALL four of them are wolves, as it seems like a mistake to come out as a strong pack so early, but there's a wolf or more in that group.
I am not sure that I would claim to be gunning for you. But I do need to reevaluate everything. It would be sweet to get back to the mind reading point that we did in the noob game if you are a villager

I am not sure that I would claim to be gunning for you. But I do need to reevaluate everything. It would be sweet to get back to the mind reading point that we did in the noob game if you are a villager
mostly because you tried to yeet me lol. I'll openly admit my current reads are a little petty, but my own role is the only thing I can hold as 100% fact

• Hmm
mostly because you tried to yeet me lol. I'll openly admit my current reads are a little petty, but my own role is the only thing I can hold as 100% fact
My vote last night was definitely a shot in the dark following SAR and WZ and I jumped off Sport because i think vets said she was one of her stronger village reads

My vote last night was definitely a shot in the dark following SAR and WZ and I jumped off Sport because i think vets said she was one of her stronger village reads
Who are you looking at for wolves right now?

Sketchy: please (but moving down the rest/reconsidering after her more recent posts), bread (being really quiet, not joking as much? Nothing to give him any village points yet), kras (due to his jumping around with no explanation), Mayo (don’t know if it’s due to his play style but some of his questions yesterday felt superficial and no village points there either)

Unsure: cray (like I said before), doggo (has been quiet which is NAI but nothing to point me either way), Dina (was debating where to put her because she seems like she’s asking questions/pushing people but it’s hard to trust her lol), SAR (don’t understand her TE push but otherwise have felt fine about her, would like to hear more though), dubz (leaning slightlyyy village but also too early to tell)

Village: AM, zenge, TE, alley, April (was reading her this way yesterday but still waiting for an answer if she thinks there’s multiple vigs or what)
Can you explain the TE, alley, and april village reads? I'm also not feeling the mayo wolf read though that's more a meta/tone thing than content-based.

Sure

Schools sounds the same as usual. Still reading her village.
Barks was originally a slight village lean for me (previously explained why, shaky D1 reason) but calling out Schools seemed like intentional misunderstanding and now leaning toward the wolfy side of neutral
Want to look more into Dina because of that oddly defensive reflex she had to yeet me just because I said I hadn't seen her post yet.
AM is a village read but I'm noting that she was going at Lainey a bit yesterday
Mayo is not being very careful about what he posts and is giving me the impression of his village meta
You, bread, and Kras are very difficult to read for me so staying in my ??? category. I find it odd that bread has been so quiet ever since the thread transitioned from off topic banter to wolf hunting

This is just what pops into my head. Anyone in particular you want feels on?
Not really anyone in particular, but I'm having a hard time picking out your actual wolf reads from this

Members don't see this ad :)
This was my kneejerk thought at seeing the write-up. I thought sunshine was a strange kill choice too. My first thought was sunshine and Lainey gave the same person emojis that triggered the kills, but seems a little crazy for any game especially one that's supposed to be basic :unsure:

Anything in particular? This morning I was moving barks into slightly wolfy, but I've been agreeing with her thoughts she posted today and I agree with her thoughts on bread. I was considering going there as well today. I haven't ISO'd them yet, but something that stuck out to me was how active they were at the very beginning of the game with all the off-topic conversations and now that the game has picked up they've sort of faded into the background.

Please has been sounding slightly village to me, and I'm going back and forth on enigma. I think there was likely one wolf at on the prints or shorty wagons last night so if I'm using that logic it has to be one of them and/or zenge. I'm also leaning slightly wolfy on kras.

Alley and april I'm not sure about so they're neutral for now.

I think Bread is my strongest wolf read right now though so

yeet bread
How are you feeling about doggo and SAR? And who do you put in bread's pack?

I think this was already touched on but I feel real weird about alley's posts re: april stating she got an emoji and I'm not sure if noob weird or wolf weird
Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what about that was making you feel weird?

Not really anyone in particular, but I'm having a hard time picking out your actual wolf reads from this
That's what I need my laptop for. Just got home, will do that soon

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what about that was making you feel weird?
I just can't follow the logic to why april should be cleared for it. The emojis don't do anything, and if you get one you know someone out there sent it to you, so to me it doesn't make any sense for either affiliation to keep it to themselves.

Reactions: 2 users
I just can't follow the logic to why april should be cleared for it. The emojis don't do anything, and if you get one you know someone out there sent it to you, so to me it doesn't make any sense for either affiliation to keep it to themselves.
Can wolves be givers then?

• Hmm
But then I acted the same, last game(kinda) as I did in the apocalypse. I do like sketch points but you do need a larger sample size
i gotta go back and read last game still ahhhh i hate midterms
this is another one that makes me icky about TE. i feel like it has a similar flavor to "idk anyone so i cant read them", in the special addition "the only thing i'm willing to stand solidly on is that villagers are probably not gonna be going for me", despite the odds simply being villagers will yeet villagers.
could be nonwolfhunting as a wolf
could be still trying to get her footing :shrug:
but at this point, i'm inclined to go with the former
Can wolves be givers then?
we haven't heard anything to the contrary

this is another one that makes me icky about TE. i feel like it has a similar flavor to "idk anyone so i cant read them", in the special addition "the only thing i'm willing to stand solidly on is that villagers are probably not gonna be going for me", despite the odds simply being villagers will yeet villagers.

This is not at all what I said.

These reads are definitely influenced by the fact that they're gunning for me, so I expect one or more is just a misled villager. I'll need to see more to move them up. I also highly doubt that ALL four of them are wolves, as it seems like a mistake to come out as a strong pack so early, but there's a wolf or more in that group.

I'm being open about this aspect of my reads, so others can take them with the appropriate grain of salt based on the differing facts that they have access to (their role). I'm certain that I'm reading one or more of you wrong, because of my own bias and desire to stay alive. I don't think its wrong to say though that given what I know for 100% fact (my role) and what I gleam with less certainty (my reads on people), it's reasonable to think that one or more wolves would be happy to help villagers yeet another villager, and that It makes less sense for wolves to consistently back me up, because if I were to get yeeted early (seemingly real possibility) and flip wolf, it would be bad for them. (while i can acknowledge that there are other possible scenarios, you'll get sus of me for hedging if i do that, so I can't win.)

So far it seems like no matter what I post, you're going to find fault with it, despite a large number of players not contributing at all so far today or also doing sketchy things.

• Hmm
Sorry for those who might have been waiting for my reads, I thought I would be back on sooner than this but as soon as I got inside I started coughing like crazy. Hoping it's either from all the dust I inhaled today or going from 15 degree weather outside to 70 degree weather inside but neither of those have ever been reasons for me to cough

Catching up

• Care
This is not at all what I said.

I'm being open about this aspect of my reads, so others can take them with the appropriate grain of salt based on the differing facts that they have access to (their role). I'm certain that I'm reading one or more of you wrong, because of my own bias and desire to stay alive. I don't think its wrong to say though that given what I know for 100% fact (my role) and what I gleam with less certainty (my reads on people), it's reasonable to think that one or more wolves would be happy to help villagers yeet another villager, and that It makes less sense for wolves to consistently back me up, because if I were to get yeeted early (seemingly real possibility) and flip wolf, it would be bad for them. (while i can acknowledge that there are other possible scenarios, you'll get sus of me for hedging if i do that, so I can't win.)

So far it seems like no matter what I post, you're going to find fault with it, despite a large number of players not contributing at all so far today or also doing sketchy things.
The quotes werent meant to be verbatim my b
But i did say how I was interpreting things
So far I’ve found fault in a good amount of what you’ve said for (in my opinion) pretty valid reasons. I’ve not indefinitely declared you wolf or said that I’m 100% on it, but you are who I’m most sure about being wolfy
As people pop on and contribute, I’ll move my vote if anyone surpasses you in my wolf reads, it just hasn’t happened yet and we have more than 24 hours till close :shrug:
I haven’t seen anything too sketch that wasn’t explained for other reasons (besides bread, I have yet to validate my sketchy feelings)
Meanwhile, I feel like I have yet to receive a response from you that doesnt feel similar to shortys wolf style
I’m not really looking at the interactions of who’s backing you yet, my reasoning is pretty solidly planted on just your content posts
And yeah it does look like I’m focusing a lot on you but that is just cause not much else has happened today, but I do apologize if it’s felt attacky

Glad to be hearing more from Bread. Hoping it's not because he's a wolf and we started calling him wolfy for inactivity

Kinda, was thinking it might have been a purposely slip or something because someone did it last game(brain fart on who) and thought maybe she might mimic it and then claim that it would be a mistake to do thT since it happened last match.

Then I voted TE because the quotes that WZ and SAR made were kinda shady upon reread. Also wanted to jump off my self vote because apparently it is super shady to just throw away a vote when you are not sure who to vote for
I find this remark strange because he tried this in the noob game and it clearly was not received well
Kind of confused as why you say you "like sketch points"? You mean on yourself?
Do you mean Shorty?

was that your entire reasoning for yeeting shorty? Or was there something else that I missed

hmm don't like, especially with vis's flip. You know when else he was pro-villager? when he was a villager

What was the reason for this?

And this? And to follow up, what are your reads? It's not clear to me from reading the thread

I had a question or comment but I forgot it

Tbh I think this is true. I obviously paid attention to your posts during the noob game + the messages and I think you really think things through. I think you're playing the same as the noob game

why

Can you explain the pushback thing? I'm not really seeing it

Is kras still because of his AM vote? and why TE?

What about it is sketchy

Meh I feel like anyone making a vote change like that can be NAI. I don't think it has to make her a wolf because it was a pretty big move (and one that was likely to be questioned) but it also doesn't make her a villager because she could've actually thought she would have her vote changed in time.

To go off of that, I really don't know how to read cray and I'm having trouble even knowing what her reads are? The posts just calling other posts wolfy/village don't really tell me much when there's no explanation and no follow up

So you think there's more than one vig in this game? Because one already flipped
This post makes me very sus of Bread.

• Hmm
The quotes werent meant to be verbatim my b
It's a misrepresentation of my comments though. I can't be 100% confident on anything I don't know for a fact, but that doesn't mean I'm not incorporating other thoughts and considering scenarios. I like to consider and state facts (what extremely limited ones I have) to ground my assumptions. Without facts you get vague guesses/gut vibes like all the ones you didn't like from D1. But apparently it's sus of me to consider my own role as a fact, and it's also sus to consider facts of game mechanics (not other people though?), and I'm not allowed to acknowledge that I'm missing some facts that others have and frequently use as evidence without any other reasoning (previous gameplay experience).
I don't mean to be salty but I'm a little salty.

• Hmm
  • Care
Glad to be hearing more from Bread. Hoping it's not because he's a wolf and we started calling him wolfy for inactivity

I find this remark strange because he tried this in the noob game and it clearly was not received well

Kind of confused as why you say you "like sketch points"? You mean on yourself?

Do you mean Shorty?
Yes short, and I like having some sketch points on myself at all times as I have said in mystery my games so far

• Hmm
It's a misrepresentation of my comments though. I can't be 100% confident on anything I don't know for a fact, but that doesn't mean I'm not incorporating other thoughts and considering scenarios. I like to consider and state facts (what extremely limited ones I have) to ground my assumptions. Without facts you get vague guesses/gut vibes like all the ones you didn't like from D1. But apparently it's sus of me to consider my own role as a fact, and it's also sus to consider facts of game mechanics (not other people though?), and I'm not allowed to acknowledge that I'm missing some facts that others have and frequently use as evidence without any other reasoning (previous gameplay experience).
I don't mean to be salty but I'm a little salty.
its ok it can be really frustrating when you know you're right, i get it
like i said, it's what i've seen from today so far. i don't wanna make it feel like a personal attack so im gonna back off, but i still lean wolfy on you. the differences between yourself and other people's strategies to me is, yes other people are doing those things, but its mixed in with a good amount of sleuthing and looking between the lines in other peoples posts, which i havent felt you doing.
i'm gonna go look at bread later today (i get to play WW as a reward for finishing chapter sections lol) but i do apologize if i made you frustrated, it really wasn't my intention

to get things moving forward then

yeet kras

who is on nearly every wolf read so far, not just mine. I'd like to hear more.

Not caught up, but the exchange between Barkley and Dubz, makes a lot of sense to me and has me really sus of Bread & TE, and vetschools.

I gotta run, I hope to come back later and dig in more.

Do you guys think that the emojis have significance? Lawper made it sound like some are "good" and some are "bad," do you think there's a mechanism where someone receiving the "wrong" emoji or too many hurts them and explains the deaths?

Not trying to given the wolves more ammo revealing this tinfoil, but maybe it would be good to know.

Last night I tried to send Genny the poke in the eye emoji, to be funny, and my night result was that the message didn't get to her. Maybe that doesn't make sense with my theory here. I don't know, I hate when I go to use an ability and the recipient ends up dead I always wonder if the ability backfired somehow.

Or maybe the way that wolves kill is also by submitting an emoji? So maybe emojis can cancel or add up somehow?

If this is true, then maybe emoji sending could be used to confirm someone is village or wolf, I hope you can follow my thinking on that.

Maybe that wouldn't be baked in for game solving, a little too much like visuals on for Among Us.

Sorry not trying to get lost in mechanics talk, but I can't help but wonder.

• Hmm
Not caught up, but the exchange between Barkley and Dubz, makes a lot of sense to me and has me really sus of Bread & TE, and vetschools.

Do you guys think that the emojis have significance? Lawper made it sound like some are "good" and some are "bad," do you think there's a mechanism where someone receiving the "wrong" emoji or too many hurts them and explains the deaths?

Not trying to given the wolves more ammo revealing this tinfoil, but maybe it would be good to know.

Last night I tried to send Genny the poke in the eye emoji, to be funny, and my night result was that the message didn't get to her. Maybe that doesn't make sense with my theory here. I don't know, I hate when I go to use an ability and the recipient ends up dead I always wonder if the ability backfired somehow.

Or maybe the way that wolves kill is also by submitting an emoji? So maybe emojis can cancel or add up somehow?

If this is true, then maybe emoji sending could be used to confirm someone is village or wolf, I hope you can follow my thinking on that.

Maybe that wouldn't be baked in for game solving, a little too much like visuals on for Among Us.

My impression direct from mods was that emojis don't do anything

Reactions: 3 users

Do you have a read on kras and Dina?

I'm just going to post my feels on everyone before I categorize them, bear with me

Cray - Was reading as wolfy D1 for wolfy-meta inactivity but has since stepped up, less sus. Village side of neutral
AM - Tone sounds village. I think might be involved in the Lainey death because she was the only one really pressuring her and I think Lainey pressed a few of her buttons. Not wolfy, not sure what 3p AM sounds like??
Barks - explained earlier about what crossed me as odd yesterday, slight wolf lean
Bread - Liking the added effort to join in but only did so after pressured and kinda seems scattered, wolf lean
Mayo - Sounds like village meta as explained before, strong village read
WZ - I find hard to read but has been actively contributing to wolfhunting so leaning village
Schools - Sounds like same schools as usual, has said a few things that people aren't fond of but the same has happened in every game she's played, leaning village. I do recognize I like schools and sometimes that clouds my judgement, like of Alley in the bread game
Kras - Impossible for me to read, interactions with AM are NAI, square in neutral
Doggo - Need to go back and read more of their posts, been kinda quiet, nothing is sticking in my head right now
Alley - Same as doggo
Dina - Not liking their defensiveness D1 as explained before, wolf lean, but otherwise same as doggo
Zenge - Just sounds nooby right now, neutral
TE - I agree they sound sketchy but this really is not out of the norm for TE from what I saw during the noob game. I don't intend to be mean, but TE didn't show the greatest judgement then (literally never hit a wolf with their vig kill intentionally) and I think their poor judgement here is NAI especially having no additional experience between then and now, and otherwise they sound the same as their village selves in the noob game.
SAR - Same as doggo

I meant to specify the exchanges starting at #925. And I realize now vetschools is part of exchange on TE. So not sure where the wolf is in TE/schools/Bread/Barkley/Dubz but statistically at least expect one in there.

• Hmm
TE - I agree they sound sketchy but this really is not out of the norm for TE from what I saw during the noob game. I don't intend to be mean, but TE didn't show the greatest judgement then (literally never hit a wolf with their vig kill intentionally) and I think their poor judgement here is NAI especially having no additional experience between then and now, and otherwise they sound the same as their village selves in the noob game.
this is a fair point. i played pretty similar to the noob game for the first too many pages in the apoc. i think i got too focused and it's not letting me give anyone else a real look.

unyeet enigma

for now

• Hmm
Well, obviously I missed this super important question. If you want other villagers to put pressure on it, it might just help to repeat it when they ask you what it was.
Cray, there's hardly any pages today. I'm not going to keep rehashing something that's only for mayo and hasn't even been answered yet. If you missed it being mentioned twice already, you may be missing other posts too so please don't skim.

If that mechanic was correct, does it seem reasonable for multiple people to get enough emojis to die N1? And I think if you killed genny it would have told you the emoji was received, but if she never even got it, I don't think it would be correct to imply it made an action... But maybe that's just semantics

I could be completely wrong but having hidden mechanics to the emojis just seems like playing with fire if only the mods know what they do. There are also a crap ton of emojis and the mods would have to decide what all of them mean. As usual, I appreciate tinfoils just because they're fun but I don't think it's correct

Only effect the emojis are supposed to have is psychological if they have any effect

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
### AM ###

She likes to punish others for their playstyle, maybe she should get a taste of that for her self.

The way I was reading, you were making a big deal about your question, so I assumed your question came before that post, but I couldn't remember what it was, and no, being behind I didn't want to scroll up and try to find what was likely one of your vague questions, I figured if it was important you'd be willing to repeat what it was, because if I missed it maybe others had too.

You do this frequently where you are asked a direct question, and instead of just answering, you're snarky in some way. If you could take the time to answer with snarkiness, you could just make things clear for someone without it.

You did this earlier where this gamethread did not specify what the cycle was, it was in another thread and you expected that to have been seen and remembered when really that info belonged here so it was a fair question. Instead of replying with the answer, you were snarky.

Maybe I'm in the wrong this time, but it's something you do constantly.

I generally defend the way you grill people, but sometimes you cross a line.

And yes, I realize it's not a real yeet vote. I don't actually want to give the wolves an opening to push your misyeet, assuming you're village.

But maybe you do need to consider that if you keep up with oblique snarkiness instead of direct answers, enough villagers will have enough of you and vote YOU off the island for play style.

• Hmm