Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread ( SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard back from Penn SUIP yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected from JHU Amgen as of 11:40 last night

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected from JHU Amgen as of 11:40 last night
Same. Except Natalie's first email to me literally just said "Dear [insert my name here],". And that was it. Guess she was tired and goofed up lmao it was kind of hilarious

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After being ghosted from all the REU's I applied to and feeling good ol' frustration kick in, I received an offer from Princeton SURP-CDC on 3/11. There is hope!

After being ghosted from all the REU's I applied to and feeling good ol' frustration kick in, I received an offer from Princeton SURP-CDC on 3/11. There is hope!
I have not received any updates from all chemistry REUs I applied either. I am not sure if I should call them or keep waiting :(

I have not received any updates from all chemistry REUs I applied either. I am not sure if I should call them or keep waiting :(
Emailed Columbia (LA SREIP) last week and they said they were still sending out applications. It seems to be going slower than normal this year, so don't give up yet.

Berkeley Amgen is still considering applications, at least for bioengineering. Hope is still there and all final decisions should be made by Thursday

Reactions: 1 users
Try emailing the coordinators or contacting potential PI's, **if the REU's allow it** (some don't like people contacting faculty). Know a friend who got offered a position by doing that last week.

Does anyone know what it means to have not heard anything from Yale AMGEN? Like no acceptance/rejection/or waitlist email?

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, for UPenn UCSP applicants, interviews should be going out within the next 3 days

I called Mayo SURF yesterday and they said that there were just a few more acceptances left, and Friday would be the latest an acceptance will be offered. Yikes, I really wanted that one

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from the Rutgers RISE program or the Penn State Medicine SURIP program?

Does anyone know if Sinai sends all acceptances in one batch? Also, do they silent reject or will I be notified of a rejection

Does anyone know what's going on with Stanford SSRP-Amgen + Yale Biomed Amgen? Like is it done-zo? Also NYU SURP said the next round would come out after March 22... so yeah. Rip.

Does anyone know what's going on with Stanford SSRP-Amgen + Yale Biomed Amgen? Like is it done-zo? Also NYU SURP said the next round would come out after March 22... so yeah. Rip.
Last year when I applied to Stanford SSRP I didn't get my rejection letter until 1st week of April. This year I got rejected on March 8th. I think you're probably waitlisted and they're just waiting to hear back from the people they sent acceptances to.

Should I email Mount Sinai? I have not received anything back from them.

Also, has anyone heard back from Harvard LA, Yale SUMR, or McGovern SURP?

I reached out to Harvard LA a while ago and just never heard back

I called Mayo SURF yesterday and they said that there were just a few more acceptances left, and Friday would be the latest an acceptance will be offered. Yikes, I really wanted that one
Welcome to the club. *Hugs*:welcome:

Last year when I applied to Stanford SSRP I didn't get my rejection letter until 1st week of April. This year I got rejected on March 8th. I think you're probably waitlisted and they're just waiting to hear back from the people they sent acceptances to.

Ugh sad. I've tried calling them so many times, they've probably blocked my number at this point. Oh well!

Reactions: 2 users
SUROC UNC emailed me and said they will have their decisions out by the end of next week.

Has anyone that applied to Northwestern SROP, UChicago LA, Columbia LA, Texas A&M Chem REU, Georgia Tech REU heard from them yet?

Does anyone know if Sinai sends all acceptances in one batch? Also, do they silent reject or will I be notified of a rejection

I emailed them; they're still releasing results over the next few days

Yale SUMR said that they may be sending out notifications at the end of this week or possibly in the next week but idk if they'll actually stick to that.

Any1 hear from Harvard sroh. I'm being blatantly ignored via email...

Did anyone hear from Rutgers?

I got a priority admission from RISE Rutgers on 3/13, and accepted their offer on 3/14! So I think more decisions will come out very soon!

Applied: Duke AMGEN, Yale AMGEN, SROP: Rutgers (RISE), Purdue, Penn State, Ohio State, UW-Madison, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne, Michigan State University, University of Minnesota, Northwestern University

Rejected: Duke AMGEN (3/4)

Accepted: Rutgers RISE (3/13), Purdue SROP (3/13)

Accepted to two of my uni’s programs (Gorman and UTEP)!

Is anyone else on the quarter system and had to restructure their plans? I think I’d prefer to attend Tufts’ LA Program, but it starts two weeks before my Spring quarter finals.

I'm losing my mind from waiting for these damn programs to reject me

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else apply to Columbia Amgen and hear anything back yet?

did anyone hear from washu amgen? on their site they said they would notify everyone of their application status (accepted or rejected) by 3/15 but I haven’t heard back yet :(
Yes, Washu sent out acceptances last Thursday I believe, but they said they would offer spots to others if we did not accept, and I haven't heard back since I accepted which was over a week ago so I'm a bit concerned.