Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread ( SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them indicating that I had an offer and needed to make a decision soon. They emailed me back explaining that my application wasn’t ranked high enough to make it likely that I would receive an offer.

Yeah i,m just going to hold on to my miniscule hope and not call and ask for that lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Omg that’s so late ... do you think they’ll send out an email or something?
I emailed them yesterday. They said they are running behind schedule and are still reviewing applications. We should hear back before 3/22

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg that’s so late ... do you think they’ll send out an email or something?
It is pretty late but I'm assuming they filled most of their spots so I wouldnt hold my breath. I think they'll send an email sometime before the 22nd

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Cornell's MBG-REU or Indiana's REU program in Animal Behavior? I'm not sure when they are supposed to send emails (if they haven't already).

17bd0f2795f5b7f6688458473c8a59c1.jpg

Also, has anyone heard from JHU Institute for Computational Medicine?

LMAO the pic you attached caught my eye so I'm back on this thread. Just want to put it out there that, from personal experience, Hopkins admin can be SUPER SUPER slow and inefficient (especially offices on the Homewood/undergrad campus, which is where the ICM is). Your best bet is to call and hold them accountable. They're probably running behind schedule, as they always are lol (can you tell how salty I am)

Has anyone applied to the Yale SUMR program and if so have you heard back yet?

Accepted UMich and ended my journey:

*Accepted*
UM-SMART (Umich MSTP)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital SURF

*Waitlisted*
MassGen SRTP
Vanderbilt MSTP

*Rejected*
BWH STARS
NYU LA
Johns Hopkins LA
(probably Harvard LA because I have haven't heard a peep from them)
Congratulations:)

I applied to Cornell MBG REU, but haven’t heard back.

Has anyone heard back from Mount Sinai SURP yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Mount Sinai SURP yet?

I emailed them, and as of Thursday, they said they are still reviewing applications and have not sent out acceptances/rejections.

It seems like this year takes very long.
I still have not heard back from Princeton and other programs.
I emailed them, and as of Thursday, they said they are still reviewing applications and have not sent out acceptances/rejections.

Did anyone apply or hear back from The Scripps Research Institute REU/SURF?

Also, anyone waiting on Rockefeller SURF the website says they will contact the first 2 weeks of March. I saw last year that someone got a rejection on March 30. Has anyone that applied heard from them yet?

Accepted to UTSW Surf (3/10)

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected from UW-MEMC, which I wasn’t interested in but I’m glad to at least hear back! I was accepted last night for PREM UTEP!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Caltech Amgen (3/11) and that’s the end of this cycle for me!

For those still waiting on a reply from Amgen (Berkeley, Stanford, Hopkins, Yale)... does that mean they’re ghosting us since they sent out letters last week?

Has anybody been rejected by NYU Langone? I read here that decisions were supposed to be out Friday and some people got acceptances but I haven't heard anything.

Also - what does it mean if some people have been accepted and some have been rejected by a program but I haven't heard anything?

Has anybody been rejected by NYU Langone? I read here that decisions were supposed to be out Friday and some people got acceptances but I haven't heard anything.

Also - what does it mean if some people have been accepted and some have been rejected by a program but I haven't heard anything?

the consensus of the SDN premed experts is that if you haven't heard anything, you're probably on the waitlist.

:wow::diebanana::bang:

Okay I swear to god I know I said I wasn't coming back on this thread but I just got an offer from UTSW Amgen so it looks like they're still sending out acceptances? There's... still hope? I'm shaking and I have two huge midterms tomorrow this is crazy

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone apply to the MCW SPUR program or the Hormel Institute SURE program?

Okay I'm back again:
For those still waiting on a reply from Amgen (Berkeley, Stanford, Hopkins, Yale)... does that mean they’re ghosting us since they sent out letters last week?

JHU is sending out acceptances for the first tier in the next 24 hours. If you don't get an email, it's not a silent rejection, but they may have placed you in a lower tier and will reach out once they hear back from the first tier.

Call Berkeley and ask about decisions. They will likely ask you for your name so they can check on how long it will take, so you should know through that.

I got into UTSW SURF on March 3rd, but I rejected it because I had already accepted an offer at MD Anderson. They said there was a 100 person waiting list.

I know I'm pretty late on updating you guys on this too but I got an offer from UTSW amgen on march 1st, and they wanted us to respond by march 8th. However, I asked and got an extension till March 15th, which is unfortunately why some of your decisions are delayed (sorry!!!). But yes there is still hope!

I know I'm pretty late on updating you guys on this too but I got an offer from UTSW amgen on march 1st, and they wanted us to respond by march 8th. However, I asked and got an extension till March 15th, which is unfortunately why some of your decisions are delayed (sorry!!!). But yes there is still hope!

Congrats anyway (even though it's a bit late)! Totally get the whole wanting to wait on other news first thing. If you end up at UTSW hit me up! I think @Arodramaticity is also committed to UTSW Amgen. We could be an SDN crew haha

Accepted:
OHSU CDCB 03/11

Waitlisted:
IOWA SUMR 02/20

Stay strong next generation of physicians, and limit your e-mail refreshing to once an hour :)

did anyone else apply to UTokyo amgen? do you know if theyre going to be coming out soon since its supposed to be out "mid-march"?