The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Game Show Host GIF by Dropout.tv
Lock town for dropout in the wild
 
Actually I'm kinda feeling this right now

Vote SAR

Maybe she's a 3p, but something definitely feels up with her "post restrictions" tbh. (Although I suppose she did also do the vote tracker, but that could just be for the love of spreadsheets and NAI...)

I might be naive but I do believe the post restriction is real. It wouldn't hurt to see what she does today though I suppose.
I don't think the restriction is real, or at least if there is a restriction it is not what has been presented.

i think this based largely on the restriction changing at the switch from day to night, which would not be completely unheard of or impossible but would be...unconventional
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think the restriction is real, or at least if there is a restriction it is not what has been presented.

i think this based largely on the restriction changing at the switch from day to night, which would not be completely unheard of or impossible but would be...unconventional
Ooo, very interesting...
 
jay3beans, cg, apop
beans3genny, sar, moon
Katie1jay
Genny1dy
dy1clem
apop1bk
katie1AM

I powered through. This was the vc when alex made her vote, so I'm inclined to say she's probably town making a naked vote--or at least she's not mafia saving anyone, and I tend to think that brand new mafia coming in and voting for a one person wagon is less likely. It's possible her pack mate(s) told her she needed to get a vote down, but in that case it's still a weird vote I think.

So anyway I'm at a moderate townread on Alex now
 
jay3beans, cg, apop
beans3genny, sar, moon
Katie1jay
Genny1dy
dy1clem
apop1bk
katie1AM

I powered through. This was the vc when alex made her vote, so I'm inclined to say she's probably town making a naked vote--or at least she's not mafia saving anyone, and I tend to think that brand new mafia coming in and voting for a one person wagon is less likely. It's possible her pack mate(s) told her she needed to get a vote down, but in that case it's still a weird vote I think.

So anyway I'm at a moderate townread on Alex now
You have Katie in two seperate tiers.
 
jay3beans, cg, apop
beans3genny, sar, moon
Katie2jay, AM
Genny1dy
dy1clem
apop1bk

I powered through. This was the vc when alex made her vote, so I'm inclined to say she's probably town making a naked vote--or at least she's not mafia saving anyone, and I tend to think that brand new mafia coming in and voting for a one person wagon is less likely. It's possible her pack mate(s) told her she needed to get a vote down, but in that case it's still a weird vote I think.

So anyway I'm at a moderate townread on Alex now
Fixed or close enough
 
Apop Katie* Robin Alex and AM are my current trs**

I need to read beans' posts

Basille maybe too actually

So many people I have no idea on


*unless my designated katie reader apop disagrees
**entirely possible I'm forgetting one or more people
 
@Animal Midwife talk to me about katie--or link me to your case, either is fine

I know mech is scary but I'm also curious to hear your thoughts about her claiming a one day treestump while under pressure, if that effects your read either way at all?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@basille How are you feeling about apop currently?

Now I always preface this with I don't have a frame of reference for playstyles like a lot of you guys do, but this is how I am currently feeling:

What made me maintain some suspicion is that their play feels distinctly non-committal and as if they are trying to soften their reads. They set up an early vote on JJJ while admitting they were only skimming 30% of the thread, and they've largely leaned on cheeky quips early on instead of building a solid case around anyone. I think what stands out most is how wide and safe their reads are. They’ve made a read list that keeps most active players comfortable, while placing suspicion on quieter players (-Beans in their recent list). Throw in the constant deferrals and fence-sitting on wagons after they already happen, and it more so reads like someone floating by.

With that my suspicions are certainly there. I am also trying to keep myself often to 3p (or is it called scum roles?) because that does throw me off.
 
Now I always preface this with I don't have a frame of reference for playstyles like a lot of you guys do, but this is how I am currently feeling:

What made me maintain some suspicion is that their play feels distinctly non-committal and as if they are trying to soften their reads. They set up an early vote on JJJ while admitting they were only skimming 30% of the thread, and they've largely leaned on cheeky quips early on instead of building a solid case around anyone. I think what stands out most is how wide and safe their reads are. They’ve made a read list that keeps most active players comfortable, while placing suspicion on quieter players (-Beans in their recent list). Throw in the constant deferrals and fence-sitting on wagons after they already happen, and it more so reads like someone floating by.

With that my suspicions are certainly there. I am also trying to keep myself often to 3p (or is it called scum roles?) because that does throw me off.
Typically when people are talking about scum they aren't including 3p roles
 
IDK why the votes would tie if beans is a wolf. It's possible, but feels less likely than her being not a wolf. So I'm kinda back to the drawing board.
Oh wait wait

We know JJJ was town so if beans is wolf that would imply all remaining wolf voting JJJ? That could explain why they couldn't do anything more bring the difference between wagons up at eod

If beans wolf, and not all wolfs where voting JJJ doesn't make sense she would've been so close to a tie?

And if beans town and JJJ town is harder cuz wolfs coulve been in other wagons

Hmmmm food for thought will consider ir
 
Actually I'm kinda feeling this right now

Vote SAR

Maybe she's a 3p, but something definitely feels up with her "post restrictions" tbh. (Although I suppose she did also do the vote tracker, but that could just be for the love of spreadsheets and NAI...)
I was thinking about this but Im biased to believe effort kinda translates to how town u are

And she has been sporadic but put effort when she did me thinks

Idk trying to communicate with gifs takes time, but Im interested

her. I very briefly wolfed with Katie in Stardeww and she was all about distancing herself from fellow packmates.
Noted and this makes sense, i like it

Apop-Slight V. It's been said before, but her going after Jay feels like the spicy takes v!Apop I know and love
I'm not really familiar with v!apop ithink since the first time we wolfed together so, can I get more insight on when has she done something like this as village? No need for full threads and quotes just examples from the top of ur mind is enough

Whats your take on beans and SAR?
 
It's so nice to read my Spanish textbook and only have to look up a couple of words in the more dense paragraphs.

Also now know about the term Indo-America which is neat!
Felicidadeees

Apop Katie* Robin Alex and AM are my current trs**

I need to read beans' posts

Basille maybe too actually

So many people I have no idea on


*unless my designated katie reader apop disagrees
**entirely possible I'm forgetting one or more people
Who is ur designated katie reader? What makes you read Katie and RDR town?

Ill like to know ur sus people two but at your time is alright
 
Felicidadeees


Who is ur designated katie reader? What makes you read Katie and RDR town?

Ill like to know ur sus people two but at your time is alright
Apop is. I think Katie's claim is fairly >rand town, and robin is a pure vibe read (which has historically been accurate, we'll see if it is this game or not).

I don't have sus people just TRs and not TRs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now I always preface this with I don't have a frame of reference for playstyles like a lot of you guys do, but this is how I am currently feeling:

What made me maintain some suspicion is that their play feels distinctly non-committal and as if they are trying to soften their reads. They set up an early vote on JJJ while admitting they were only skimming 30% of the thread, and they've largely leaned on cheeky quips early on instead of building a solid case around anyone. I think what stands out most is how wide and safe their reads are. They’ve made a read list that keeps most active players comfortable, while placing suspicion on quieter players (-Beans in their recent list). Throw in the constant deferrals and fence-sitting on wagons after they already happen, and it more so reads like someone floating by.

With that my suspicions are certainly there. I am also trying to keep myself often to 3p (or is it called scum roles?) because that does throw me off.
Interesting take. Do you think the town consensus is wrong?
 
Now I always preface this with I don't have a frame of reference for playstyles like a lot of you guys do, but this is how I am currently feeling:

What made me maintain some suspicion is that their play feels distinctly non-committal and as if they are trying to soften their reads. They set up an early vote on JJJ while admitting they were only skimming 30% of the thread, and they've largely leaned on cheeky quips early on instead of building a solid case around anyone. I think what stands out most is how wide and safe their reads are. They’ve made a read list that keeps most active players comfortable, while placing suspicion on quieter players (-Beans in their recent list). Throw in the constant deferrals and fence-sitting on wagons after they already happen, and it more so reads like someone floating by.

With that my suspicions are certainly there. I am also trying to keep myself often to 3p (or is it called scum roles?) because that does throw me off.

This is the same thing Ive been feeling about apop now and it pings me very much. Apop is playing really low effort which could explain it but at the same time I dont take her JJJ spicy take as fully town clearing. If anything genny's push was better argumented than hers. I'm still trying to solve apop but idk man is hard

I guess my low effort town block is myself, AM, SAR, +/- rdr, Alex, and genny

My poe would be katie/beans/Bastille/maybe cg by default. Basically the players I don't have a reason to town read rn

That made me go back to this post, I don't think katie and apop are unpaired, although it feels like they are distancing themselves?
 
This is the same thing Ive been feeling about apop now and it pings me very much. Apop is playing really low effort which could explain it but at the same time I dont take her JJJ spicy take as fully town clearing. If anything genny's push was better argumented than hers. I'm still trying to solve apop but idk man is hard



That made me go back to this post, I don't think katie and apop are unpaired, although it feels like they are distancing themselves?
What do we think of the apop + katie chat

Am I on drugs
 
What do we think of the apop + katie chat

Am I on drugs
fwiw I don't think katie "wolf theater" mcat is going to go two days into a game without interacting with a packmate, but I agree there's nothing hard unpairing here until she flips wolf
 
Here's why my wolfread on Katie has only gotten stronger. Spoilered are the things I'm talking about because they are very long due to the nature of the syndicate allowing nested quotes.

Katie whiteknights villagers while complaining that she's not caught up.
Katie whiteknights the same villagers again while trying to dismantle the strong townreads on Dubz (who would go on to shoot a wolf and radically blow open the POE) and tries to get Spurs, an easy target, misyeeted.

Black was town, and their entire wagon was also town. To reemphasize, wolves stayed off, including Katie.
Downplays every single correct point Spurs made on her. Ties herself to whitenighting Black as a reason for why she can't be a wolf.
Strong OMGUS
Here's my case @Clem J
 
@Animal Midwife talk to me about katie--or link me to your case, either is fine

I know mech is scary but I'm also curious to hear your thoughts about her claiming a one day treestump while under pressure, if that effects your read either way at all?
It doesn't affect anything.
 
If necessary, I can pull the posts from this game that are also bothering me but I thought a direct comparison would be more useful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People seem universally agreeing that beans and/or katie are sus, and that am and sar are town. I'm seeing you floated as town a lot but idk how much of that was independent reading vs following jjj
The sus part is alright but ive seen people theorizing SAR is faking it or even 3p so idk but the rest makes sense

Still don't understand how CG read of you goes against town consensus
 
I read back through the last hour of D1 and compiled the things that stood out to me. The Tl;dr is that there were five major wagons: JJJ, beans, dya, katie, and Alex. We know that at least two of those players (JJJ and dya) are village (three if you count me). My guess is Alex is also village. If we are operating under the assumption that a wolf wagon was on the board, it most likely was Katie. I'm going to try to use spoiler tags to make this shorter but I'm not sure if I will be successful lol

Vote tally after Katie made her appearance and people began moving over to vote for her. This is after the JJJ, beans, and dya wagons but before the Alex wagon. Note the Katie wagon - we have two confirmed villagers on it.
SAR () -
JJJ (3) - apop, beans, CeeGee
katie (4) - AM, JJJ, kat, dya
RDR () -
beans (3) - moon, SAR, genny
apop () -
dya (3) - Alex, katie, rdr
genny () -
basile (1) - Clem

JJJ's take on the wagons at this point. I tend to agree with this statement.
Not thrilled with the dya voters
Ambivalent about the JJJ voters
Generally positive about the katie voters
Mixed about the beans voters

Updated vote tally after I jumped on the katie wagon for self-prez. Alex wagon still has not started.

SAR () -
JJJ (2) - apop, CeeGee
katie (5) - AM, JJJ, kat, dya, beans
RDR () -
beans (3) - moon, SAR, genny
apop () -
dya (3) - Alex, katie, rdr
genny () -
basile (1) - Clem

Katie's treestump claim. This is what caused pretty much everyone to abandon her wagon. Which I do understand. However, I don't think this is clearing. Wolves can be treestumps too. I also noticed that there could be some of the "whiteknighting" towards me that AM mentioned along with overall comments on business.
It’s ok. I don’t have time to post like people expect from me. Maybe my flip will help turn things around bc I don’t think you’re a wolf either. I’m some village spirit and my ghost can hang around for 24 hours or something. gL beans!

JJJ and apop's thoughts on the treestump claim. Basically a discussion of whether or not it is possible for a wolf to be a treestump. The consensus seems to be they are usually village but not necessarily.
I don't think katie has fairly represented the votes cast against her. I understand that it's annoying to receive votes, however, and sometimes it's just like that. I kind of agree with Clem about the stump claim. Unless SDN goes full werewolph with a wolf stump

A stump is a hypothetical role that can still post in the thread after dying but cannot vote.

It's usually town but can theoretically be wolf.

The stump/sandbag/etc we've seen here lately were 3p fwiw.
Probably because leaving a confirmed towny in thread to strategies is hard to balance

The vote tally once the Alex wagon began - note that the JJJ and beans wagons have stayed mostly constant except for Katie and Clem. All of the movement at EOD up to this point has been between dya, Katie, and Alex. I am tinfoiling that the wolves are kinda hiding in plain sight as the players who are mostly hopping between wagons at this point are either confirmed village or being universally townread at this point.
not this?:

SAR (1) - chilly
JJJ (3) - apop, CeeGee, katie
katie (2) - AM, beans
RDR () -
beans (4) - moon, SAR, genny, clem
apop () -
dya (2) - Alex, rdr
genny () -
basille () -
Alex (3) - JJJ, dya, bkat

Katie's take on the Alex wagon. Katie's argument that we should not yeet Alex is kind of extreme to the point that I feel like she has TMI on Alex. If Katie is a wolf and knows Alex is village, she could be trying to get some cred to point back at later ("see how I tried to stop you all from yeeting this villager!")
Also worth noting that after the Alex wagon starts Katie votes for JJJ and gives multiple reasons as to why she is all of a sudden not townreading him. I'm not sure if that was frustration from being voted for or if that was coming up with reasons to vote for that wagon instead of for me or Alex, who she was defending at that point. I will say, wolf!Katie would have had to know that wouldn't look great, but if the alternative was voting for someone she had earlier townread, I do understand it.

Alex is not wolfing that wagon is not pure