The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ferry hasn’t arrived yet, but we’re close enough to land now that I’ve got signal, so here we are.

Haven’t read much of anything from yesterday, apparently, but I’ll use today’s cycle to catch up and pretend I’m on top of things.

See I was wrong about Genny, which is just fantastic. Love being wrong. Really builds character.

Back to the board.

HI SAMAC.

Housekeeping: officially on family vacation now, so I’ll be around when I can and conspicuously absent when I can’t. You know how family vacation works. Family happens, plans happen, nobody knows what’s happening.

Also, I’m now another half hour further ahead of the time zones than usual, because apparently time itself needed to make this more complicated.

In good news, this is the easiest restriction of the lot. Possibly the most subtle. Pitter patter, let's get at er.
 
Ferry hasn’t arrived yet, but we’re close enough to land now that I’ve got signal, so here we are.

Haven’t read much of anything from yesterday, apparently, but I’ll use today’s cycle to catch up and pretend I’m on top of things.

See I was wrong about Genny, which is just fantastic. Love being wrong. Really builds character.

Back to the board.

HI SAMAC.

Housekeeping: officially on family vacation now, so I’ll be around when I can and conspicuously absent when I can’t. You know how family vacation works. Family happens, plans happen, nobody knows what’s happening.

Also, I’m now another half hour further ahead of the time zones than usual, because apparently time itself needed to make this more complicated.

In good news, this is the easiest restriction of the lot. Possibly the most subtle. Pitter patter, let's get at er.
You post normal now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I honestly probably won’t catch up in the night. Taking my mom out for her birthday in a couple hours.
I’m going to assume illl have the day cycle too cause killing a fresh sub is a dick move but if you all kill me this cycle no harm no foul since I’m not gonna be caught up lol
 
Ferry hasn’t arrived yet, but we’re close enough to land now that I’ve got signal, so here we are.

Haven’t read much of anything from yesterday, apparently, but I’ll use today’s cycle to catch up and pretend I’m on top of things.

See I was wrong about Genny, which is just fantastic. Love being wrong. Really builds character.

Back to the board.

HI SAMAC.

Housekeeping: officially on family vacation now, so I’ll be around when I can and conspicuously absent when I can’t. You know how family vacation works. Family happens, plans happen, nobody knows what’s happening.

Also, I’m now another half hour further ahead of the time zones than usual, because apparently time itself needed to make this more complicated.

In good news, this is the easiest restriction of the lot. Possibly the most subtle. Pitter patter, let's get at er.
Welcome miss SAR

Congrats!
 
Replacement puzzle:
1788014172986.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so here is the deal fellas

I haven't finished my work and i need to get to it asap but I'm a lost sheep and I'm in the search of someone that can LEAD me cuz Im smol

Ill be calling this the KatSheep Olimpics

Havent decided on how will I chose my pastor yet but Im taking applications
*squint*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, slight update to this now that I finished reading all the overnight stuff - I do see evidence of JJJ trying to solve (or potentially trying to look like he's solving), however I do not feel confident trying to give a read on him given that I have only played with him one time and I was misyeeted D1 in that game so I am reserving judgement for now. (Let it be known in that game I was village reading him and then he was a wolf oopsie).

I don't really have anything to add for dya. The early AM read thing is interesting and I think I may be cautiously village leaning them for that because that seems like a bold move for a wolf.
:eyebrow:
 

beans posts so far

I have no reason for putting all these quotes in one place other than to see them in one place, so don't mistake this post for some kind of dedicated ISO review or something "thorough". It's just a pile of beans' posts.

I believe beans can be a premier solving asset in this game, and these posts are a bit slow to realize that power -- so I don't really town read beans so far. Maybe her noticing BK reacting to my posts is a nice touch, but I'd like more. I understand her reticence to take an immediate stance on me given the experience she described in our previous outing. How about the other fine folks who've made a bunch of posts (e.g., AM, Clem, or dyachei)?
I like his take on beans here tbh
 
apoptosis is just about a dead null read. Their posts are one-liners so far, and they just barely scratch the surface of sorting Day 1. That's okay, traveling can take priority.

reddeadrobin might be a tick below null, because their posts are very similar but entirely non game-relevant so far.

chilly_md seems like they're trying to get into the game. I have no strong feelings, but I am content to let them find their footing. I'm not voting out a brand new player on the first day.

None of the reads I have provided so far should be regarded as "confident". I acknowledge that slow starts like this are not exactly where I thrive as a solver, and the intuitive gut readers of society are probably better suited to it. But we can only try.
This is for my own ****
 
Yeet beans

The read on dya kinda pings me. I'm nott sure what is "bold for a wolf" re: dya's treatment of AM? It feels more like meta/NAI to me.

I also think the "progression" on JJJ feels off. Partly I'm not clear on what beans had read as of the first post - I feel like JJJ had some meaty posts prior to that - but I also know not everyone catches up before they post, so this point is weaker.
In read moonster feels in sync with thoughts I was having so yay
 
That's a bunch of people who I know posted but didn't leave an impression for me hm hmmmmmmm

Im not yeeting JJJ, Clem nor SAR today me thinks

I find JJJ posts and attitude quite town sided, and beans retake on what was said yesterday without being askes a bit townie too

@basille whats up hi Im Kat
I appreciate this from BK because she’s narrowing the field in a way I can follow along with her thought process
 
Remember that the "places" don't mean anything. There are just three groups, and everyone within them is a blob.

I just don't think a wolf apoptosis is likely to choose me as The Vote in this game state. I account for 25% of the game thread and have somewhat dictated terms. That's a vote that is just guaranteed to draw scrutiny (and has a significant risk of drawing retaliatory suspicion from the game's loudest player).

I wouldn't make this read about everyone. apoptosis hasn't played a ton with me, and it's somewhat typical for people that don't know me as well to suspect me at first sight. I am spoopy. I could be wrong about all that; it's not high confidence. Just my first instinct.
@Animal Midwife
What do you think about apop pushing jjj
 
Moony what’s your thought on game state now
I have Clem and AM as strong town. Apop I have townier now after learning about her pm with Kat (although there's still a question about it answered). Basille, Kat, RDR, and you (inheriting Alex's spot) are just on the towny side of null. (I had Kat as strong town, but her final vote on genny changed things.) CG/beans/SAR/chilly are probably my POE?

Chilly had a pop-in at EOD that I thought was weird, and has otherwise been under the radar;

SAR I've been sussing partly for the posting restriction thing, but I guess I could buy that as a negative utility town role given the apparent plethora of other town roles tbh - dya, genny, katie, Clem claimed something too IIRC;

CG I think is too under the radar and it feels like there was resistance to her wagon;

beans I keep flip-flopping on; she posts well, but I'm still stuck on D1 and her being the counterwagon to JJJ tbh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have Clem and AM as strong town. Apop I have townier now after learning about her pm with Kat (although there's still a question about it answered). Basille, Kat, RDR, and you (inheriting Alex's spot) are just on the towny side of null. (I had Kat as strong town, but her final vote on genny changed things.) CG/beans/SAR/chilly are probably my POE?

Chilly had a pop-in at EOD that I thought was weird, and has otherwise been under the radar;

SAR I've been sussing partly for the posting restriction thing, but I guess I could buy that as a negative utility town role given the apparent plethora of other town roles tbh - dya, genny, katie, Clem claimed something too IIRC;

CG I think is too under the radar and it feels like there was resistance to her wagon;

beans I keep flip-flopping on; she posts well, but I'm still stuck on D1 and her being the counterwagon to JJJ tbh.
Appreciated, I had no idea about the PM thing so that’ll be fun to get to