The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chilly probably >rand town

Alex and Katie unpaired (I know they haven't posted yet, I'm just that good)

Dya the very lightest of light towns but there has to be payoff to their prodding later or I reserve the right to rescind this

Apop maybe town, Robin I should probably put at null but I'm putting as light town against my better judgment
Honestly it makes me itchy because these are more words than I expect from Clem
 
I’m a little torn on chilly. I very much appreciate their contributions.

Town reading me is kind of easy to do for a wolf, so that doesn’t move me. Maybe their suspicion of dyachei was a good sign though, since in that moment it broke from soft consensus.
Maybe Jay put it into words better than I did on my read
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd just like to know more about the folks I haven't played with yet or as much. So you, dya, chilly, other people that I've inevitably forgotten.

And this is just echoing what multiple people have already said, but so far, AM feels ok.

No one is really pinging me as sus right now. I get out of class in a couple hours, so will do a deeper dive then.
:eyebrow:
 
Oh also I think am is being village read across the board from what I’m reading but there isn’t a world where she N1’d dya. So save her.
A town doctor dying doesn’t meant there’s not a different antidote out there.

I also don’t think SAR would tbh.
 
waiting on beans to come back to see how i feel
Clem seems townie. Fairly clear thought process, not rushing things.
Blake Kat seems fine, nothing overtly concerning coming off
I appreciate that you post reads and I’m interested to see how you evolve cause they have 0 bite to them
 
the incredibles syndrome GIF

Samac rn
 
chilly might be a light v as well, I think he's coming at this game in a way I expect a new player to
AM is middling v right now. You and moonster are light v. JJJ should probably be light v, but I respect his wolf game a lot.
I like Dya’s reads and will take her chill thoughts into consideration too cause it’s fair
 
@Black Kat @Jagged Jimmy Jay

So, beans' progression on JJJ and dya so far is just two comments, but in the context of the thread they ping me.

(Caveat that this argument is was a weaker point of sus on beans because it relies relied on knowing/assuming how much beans had read at each comment, which I didn't ask about because wolves can just lie, tbh. However, the parts about dya are new thoughts I had while writing this, and in combination with the JJJ thoughts, I like this argument more.)

Comment the first:

This just doesn't feel like an accurate assessment of JJJ's play up to that point - or dya's, for that matter. Even if we assume beans had only read pg1 (the only page dya posted on by then), both of them had a decent mix of seriousness, with JJJ's being more obvious (/wordy) IMO. And certainly by this point on pg3 JJJ had demonstrated additional seriousness. So lumping them both together and not giving reads feels like beans either 1) hasn't read or 2) is dodging the question, tbh.

(I was originally planning to quote some JJJ/dya posts to fully make my point, but it feels like overkill tbh. I can if people really need me to, though.)

Comment the second:

So, possibly beans wasn't fully caught up as of the first comment? I'm not exactly sure what she means by "all the overnight stuff - everything between her initial read and this update? More?

However, I would argue that JJJ's first serious comment was post 19 (made clear by his follow-up in post 26), so unless she'd barely read the thread at all when she gave her initial impression (something I would expect her to note), I figure she probably would have seen at least those.

To be fair, are there certain segments of the game that, had beans solely read them, JJJ would seem like he was mostly just having fun/being silly? Perhaps, especially on pg2 around when beans was first posting. But those parts of the game don't really overlap with when dya had posted, and again I would have expected beans to note if she hadn't read a significant portion of the game or was reading more idiosyncratically when she first talked about them, IDK.

(I'll also reiterate quickly that I'm not sure what about dya's treatment of AM would be a bold move for a wolf? IMO that last bit feels like stretching to make a townread for something NAI.)
I like this post a lot
 
Night 3: Assault on every side

1788051140557.png


After a reprieve on the second night, the guests hoped that perhaps they would have another quiet night.

Of course, they would not be so lucky.

When they all assembled, they realized they were one person short. Realizing that it was apop who was missing, they went up to her room with a feeling of foreboding.

Upon opening the door, once again their senses were assaulted by the sight and smell of blood permeating the entire room. apop was still tucked in bed, dressed in her nightgown, a golden necklace around her neck, and a purple ring affixed to her right pinky finger that everyone had wondered the significance of--her expression as if she was still in the midst of a pleasant dream. But now she had a gaping hole in her chest, and her heart lay on the floor next to the bed, discarded by whatever being had done this to her.

After a moment, the guests observed a luminous entity rise from her body, which rose up through the roof of the room and out of sight.


Dead is:
@apoptosis09 , who was
1788051157610.png


a Friendly Ghost, and a Vanillager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The guests slowly made their way back downstairs to start the day. Animal Midwife was moving noticeably slower than the rest, then as she made it off the last step her legs buckled and gave out.

Her companions rushed to her side and swiftly carried her to a chair. As she was clearly laboring with her breathing, they all looked around frantically, hoping that someone would finally have the aid she needed.

Alas, no aid was coming. While she looked around one last time, fighting to the last to keep going, she knew that she could not fight against this.

She bid her teammates a soft "good luck," and breathed her last.

Dead is:
@Animal Midwife , who was
1788051171195.png

Julia Heine, and a
Wolf Role Cop who could target a player each night and learn the ability of that player
​
 
It is now Day 4

Votes must be submitted by 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT TOMORROW, 8/30

10 players remain

@basille
@CeeGee14
@Clem J
@beans2020
@HRH Queeb SAR
@moonstermash
Alex_DVM--> @samac
@Black Kat
@chilly_md
@reddeadrobin
------------------
Dead
------------------

@Jagged Jimmy Jay - Vanillager
@dyachei - Town Doctor
@katiemcat - Town Restless Spirit
@genny - Town Motion Dectector
@apoptosis09 - Vanillager
@Animal Midwife - Wolf Role Cop
------------------
Subs
------------------

@Stagg737
@Doctor-S

------------------
Tots
------------------

@dew5
@kitzsuna
@SkiOtter
@fruitsalad
@Barkley13
@supershorty​
 
AM - Current village lean. I feel like I'm seeing solvey AM. To be fair I don't think I've ever played with wolf!AM so this is certainly something to re-evaluate as needed, but for the moment I feel okay about her.
basille - Neutral. Nothing AI at this point in time. I am hesitant to vote for her because it feels cruel to D1 vote out a noob, but I am squinting at her. I also am trying to take into account that she may just be overwhelmed as this game is a lot more post-heavy than the noob game was, so I want to give her some time to get her footing.
apop - Village lean (maybe not as strong as AM). I agree overall with the take that she wouldn't throw a vote on JJJ as a wolf. I also think she would have made more of an effort to appear "solvey" if she was a wolf. She hasn't posted a lot, but everything she has posted feels like busy villager.
CG - Neutral. I don't feel confident giving her a village lean right now but she also hasn't posted anything inherently wolfy. She does get village points for some of the questions she's been asking and for not immediately jumping onto my wagon - I'm pretty sure I've seen wolf!CG hop onto convenient wagons like that before (but correct me if I'm wrong).
Clem - Village lean for now at least. I feel like he's been very helpful/solvey to an extent that I don't normally see with him in early game. I don't think that's wolfy. I liked his questions to dya and to JJJ (namely about JJJ's townread on clem) - those both felt villagey to me.
Katie - Neutral. I don't feel comfortable giving a read on her with so few posts to go off of. I would like to develop this read more when she gets the chance to post.
dyachei - Neutral. I know I started with them as a village lean, but some of their posts this afternoon made me squint a little bit. (Namely the interaction with Kat and the voting with apop for JJJ but they seem to be somewhat scumleaning apop?) I don't think I'd be wanting to vote here today, but it is worth noting.
genny - Slight scumlean. I do think there is a wolf on my wagon and I don't love how genny voted for me without much explanation (if any?) as to why. I don't disagree with her on her JJJ read though which is making me feel very conflicted.
SAR - Scumlean, again because of the "wolf on my wagon" reasoning. I don't think clem and moon are wolfing here, which leaves me with SAR and genny. I am curious about SAR's apparent post restriction and would love to know more about that.
JJJ - Scumlean. I know I was townreading him earlier. But watching his progression through the day is freaking me out because it is so similar to his D1 in the game we played together where he was a wolf. Namely, the vote on RDR is making me squint - it felt like it didn't have much reasoning to it and like an easy vote.
moon - Village lean. I feel like her vote on me is genuine and she is trying to solve. She seems similar to other games where I've seen village!moon.
Alex - Neutral. Very similar to Katie. I don't feel comfortable giving a read on her at this time.
Black Kat - Village lean. I like her questioning and solving - it all feels very genuine. I have had the pleasure of wolfing with Kat previously and she does not feel like a wolf in this game.
Chilly - I don't want to vote here today for similar reasons as basille. I'm getting vibes of noob that is trying but is a bit lost in the sauce. I would say I am village leaning Chilly more than basille at this point.
RDR - So far she's mostly been fluffposting which is NAI for RDR. However, she does feel loose (if that makes sense?) in a way that I associate with her being village. This read may change once she's done traveling and we get more posts from her.
I don’t know how I feel about this either. Especially the fact that there’s thoughts on Basille with 3 posts and Katie had 2. Mind you I think the Katie read is completely fair but I’m suruprised by how much more of a read Basille got.
 
And I get why they killed apop. With the flip from AM apop would be hard cleared with how much AM pushed her.

Also didn’t Dya village read AM? I haven’t finished all of d1 yet tho. They have a god read on her. Shocked. And awed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope and I think we don't want that revealed right now
okay. If it’s a block on AM I agree.
If it’s a protect on someone I agree unless the person who was protected is in danger.
But if it’s a block on anyone else i disagree. I’ll just leave it at that. I’d trade a block for wolf 2
 
So I want to tentatively clear CG and SAR because I am guessing the investigative role that targeted them was AM's role cop.

IDK if she was able to role cop anyone last night but if someone got the "eyes peering into their soul" message it may be beneficial to share that
 
okay. If it’s a block on AM I agree.
If it’s a protect on someone I agree unless the person who was protected is in danger.
But if it’s a block on anyone else i disagree. I’ll just leave it at that. I’d trade a block for wolf 2
Mmm yes I see what you are saying
 
So I want to tentatively clear CG and SAR because I am guessing the investigative role that targeted them was AM's role cop.

IDK if she was able to role cop anyone last night but if someone got the "eyes peering into their soul" message it may be beneficial to share that
Fair.
 
*picks the keys to the village blocc I thought AM had off the floor and slowly puts them in my pocket*

I’m the captain now.
I’ve been here for like 3 hours
But I’m taking control.
In light of recent flips I want reads lists pls.
 
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (2) - moonster, katie
genny (4) - SAR, RDR, chilly, Black Kat
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (3) - Clem, genny, apop

13/14
Leading: genny
Missing: Alex

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (3 minutes)
 
This is fun
I’ll put my money where my mouth is and make a reads list based on my knowledge through page 8
And flips
Whee

SAR
Moon
CG
Clem
BK
Chilly
Basille
RDR

I actually don’t know why RDR came out so low there unless it’s just bias from low d1 activity. Huh. I’ll have to follow up with myself on that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not expect my random gut feeling about AM to be right. I was starting to feel that I was crazy for not town-reading her like everyone else

But go, poisoner! Good job!
 
Idk whether to abandon catch up for now in favor of interaction checks because I won’t know the context around the interactions or keep chugging