The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jay3beans, cg, apop
beans3genny, sar, moon
Katie1jay
Genny1dy
dy1clem
apop1bk
katie1AM

I powered through. This was the vc when alex made her vote, so I'm inclined to say she's probably town making a naked vote--or at least she's not mafia saving anyone, and I tend to think that brand new mafia coming in and voting for a one person wagon is less likely. It's possible her pack mate(s) told her she needed to get a vote down, but in that case it's still a weird vote I think.

So anyway I'm at a moderate townread on Alex now
CLEM
 
I really don't see how Alex's playstyle should count against samac. In the noob game Alex was very busy and was only able to contribute near the end of the game too. Plus I like how samac is playing right now, showing their active thoughts while catching up feels genuinely towny.

I am not so good at interaction checks, so I will stick with looking at those who have flown under the radar. For me chilly was one of the early outliers and has seemed to mostly coast.

vote chilly_md

@GoSpursGo @kaydubs
 
Now I always preface this with I don't have a frame of reference for playstyles like a lot of you guys do, but this is how I am currently feeling:

What made me maintain some suspicion is that their play feels distinctly non-committal and as if they are trying to soften their reads. They set up an early vote on JJJ while admitting they were only skimming 30% of the thread, and they've largely leaned on cheeky quips early on instead of building a solid case around anyone. I think what stands out most is how wide and safe their reads are. They’ve made a read list that keeps most active players comfortable, while placing suspicion on quieter players (-Beans in their recent list). Throw in the constant deferrals and fence-sitting on wagons after they already happen, and it more so reads like someone floating by.

With that my suspicions are certainly there. I am also trying to keep myself often to 3p (or is it called scum roles?) because that does throw me off.
I don’t know how I feel about this post coming from a nooblet cause it almost feels too polished?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really don't see how Alex's playstyle should count against samac. In the noob game Alex was very busy and was only able to contribute near the end of the game too. Plus I like how samac is playing right now, showing their active thoughts while catching up feels genuinely towny.

I am not so good at interaction checks, so I will stick with looking at those who have flown under the radar. For me chilly was one of the early outliers and has seemed to mostly coast.

vote chilly_md

@GoSpursGo @kaydubs
I know you say they’ve flown under the radar which I can definitely get from my catch up, but is there anything in particular in their posts that make them more likely than others?
 
Oh wait wait

We know JJJ was town so if beans is wolf that would imply all remaining wolf voting JJJ? That could explain why they couldn't do anything more bring the difference between wagons up at eod

If beans wolf, and not all wolfs where voting JJJ doesn't make sense she would've been so close to a tie?

And if beans town and JJJ town is harder cuz wolfs coulve been in other wagons

Hmmmm food for thought will consider ir
If I was wolf with beans in the d1 tie situation I probably would not pile the entire pack on jjj if that’s what was needed. I’d hope the tie saved my packmate. I think we know that already that there weren’t 3-4 wolves on JJJ, hell beans even wasn’t but just saying
 
I don’t know how I feel about this post coming from a nooblet cause it almost feels too polished?
FWIW, basille has some other experience pre-SDN:
Not to this level/ with real people no, I tried town of Salem I think 4 years ago? But people on there were a bit weird. I've played Gnosia too but that is just NPCs/ more so a visual novel.

(Highly recommend gnosia to anyone who likes anime social deduction games!)
 
I read back through the last hour of D1 and compiled the things that stood out to me. The Tl;dr is that there were five major wagons: JJJ, beans, dya, katie, and Alex. We know that at least two of those players (JJJ and dya) are village (three if you count me). My guess is Alex is also village. If we are operating under the assumption that a wolf wagon was on the board, it most likely was Katie. I'm going to try to use spoiler tags to make this shorter but I'm not sure if I will be successful lol

Vote tally after Katie made her appearance and people began moving over to vote for her. This is after the JJJ, beans, and dya wagons but before the Alex wagon. Note the Katie wagon - we have two confirmed villagers on it.

JJJ's take on the wagons at this point. I tend to agree with this statement.

Updated vote tally after I jumped on the katie wagon for self-prez. Alex wagon still has not started.


Katie's treestump claim. This is what caused pretty much everyone to abandon her wagon. Which I do understand. However, I don't think this is clearing. Wolves can be treestumps too. I also noticed that there could be some of the "whiteknighting" towards me that AM mentioned along with overall comments on business.

JJJ and apop's thoughts on the treestump claim. Basically a discussion of whether or not it is possible for a wolf to be a treestump. The consensus seems to be they are usually village but not necessarily.

The vote tally once the Alex wagon began - note that the JJJ and beans wagons have stayed mostly constant except for Katie and Clem. All of the movement at EOD up to this point has been between dya, Katie, and Alex. I am tinfoiling that the wolves are kinda hiding in plain sight as the players who are mostly hopping between wagons at this point are either confirmed village or being universally townread at this point.

Katie's take on the Alex wagon. Katie's argument that we should not yeet Alex is kind of extreme to the point that I feel like she has TMI on Alex. If Katie is a wolf and knows Alex is village, she could be trying to get some cred to point back at later ("see how I tried to stop you all from yeeting this villager!")
Also worth noting that after the Alex wagon starts Katie votes for JJJ and gives multiple reasons as to why she is all of a sudden not townreading him. I'm not sure if that was frustration from being voted for or if that was coming up with reasons to vote for that wagon instead of for me or Alex, who she was defending at that point. I will say, wolf!Katie would have had to know that wouldn't look great, but if the alternative was voting for someone she had earlier townread, I do understand it.

I also have a very hard time thinking wolf AM and wolf beans would both go this hard for Katie with wall posts. Beans probably village. Probably. But she scares me.
 
I know you say they’ve flown under the radar which I can definitely get from my catch up, but is there anything in particular in their posts that make them more likely than others?
It's moreso their voting trends through the various days. When I try to go through to really sus out their posts, they have mostly been reacting while providing very limited reasoning for why they are placing their votes the way they do. It feels to me like they drop a vote to show some activity but fade into the background without explaining their progression. That disconnect makes me at least want to put pressure on chilly more so than RDR, and hopefully they speak up today.
 
(Also tbh I assume the average newbie here is just more polished because y'all are smart lol)
My dude I was basically running around throwing spaghetti at the wall and rubbing rocks together cause I thought they sounded cool when I started. I was dumb lol. Still not that smart but eventually the logic of the game made more sense
 
It's moreso their voting trends through the various days. When I try to go through to really sus out their posts, they have mostly been reacting while providing very limited reasoning for why they are placing their votes the way they do. It feels to me like they drop a vote to show some activity but fade into the background without explaining their progression. That disconnect makes me at least want to put pressure on chilly more so than RDR, and hopefully they speak up today.
I like you. I hope you stick around
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im gonna analyze AM posts now that we finally have A FRICKING WOLF FLIP LETS ****ING GO

First post where either about dya/JJJand her first vote was on katie, things Ill be skipping cuz there's a bunch of dead people there

Oh. I thought he was one of the people that like jump on you early but maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
About Clem, this is more like a fact than anything?

Im finding AM's post quite criptic and not really leaving any impressions nor reads

Well, I did recently change my playstyle to try and be less combative because it was stressing me. Regardless, I'll become obvious as more time goes on.
Noted, but I think is just a wolfy justification

Yeah, she was a clear top poster in the noob game so I'd love to see that energy transferred here.
Kind a neutral / positive comment about basille here, which could be done to encourage her?

I'd like to hear a lot more from beans. Slightly wolfy atm.

I don't have a read on apop.

I struggle reading RDR and am waiting for apop's verdict.

genny hasn't posted enough for me to evaluate.
And after a bunch of cryptic posting we finally have her reads

Everyone was reading beans wolfy, apop was more a middle/town leaning thanks you JJJ (Im sorry I shouldve listened). RDR struggle

Tbh this post looked way substancial than it was at the end, it's just: I don't have an opinion of this 3 players + beans. Leaving this for the more experimented AM readers to judge

She asked apop for an Rdr's

There are no joke votes from me.
Good to save for later
I'm probably the closest to that.
About CG funny I will take a closer look to her development

Im a bit busy but we are 10 people maybe? if my maths are correct (they never are) i think we should always visualize worst case scenario in case

So maybe 4 wolfs meaning 3 left

So it should be 3 v 7? Or 3 v 1 v 7 so worst case scenario we arent in mylo yet but if we miss it shall be tomorrow

Nice, thought we were in a worse position lets goooooo we have a bit more room to look at pairings and such
 
To be honest, most of the arguments for votes were based because someone didn't like the way another posted or straight up reading tea leaves. And then Katie being too much when there wasn't really much else going on. I still don't even know what POE means (I'm assuming wrongly spelled person of interest) and what a 3p is but rolling past it since I don't think it would help me deduce what's going on
 
To be honest, most of the arguments for votes were based because someone didn't like the way another posted or straight up reading tea leaves. And then Katie being too much when there wasn't really much else going on. I still don't even know what POE means (I'm assuming wrongly spelled person of interest) and what a 3p is but rolling past it since I don't think it would help
Pool of elimination = potential people that could be bad.
3p means third party, not affiliated with village or wolves. I prefer to assume there isn’t one until I have data otherwise.

Most of the game is vibes! I always look for people who seem unnatural and like they’re pushing an agenda and their reads just don’t make sense.
 
To be honest, most of the arguments for votes were based because someone didn't like the way another posted or straight up reading tea leaves. And then Katie being too much when there wasn't really much else going on. I still don't even know what POE means (I'm assuming wrongly spelled person of interest) and what a 3p is but rolling past it since I don't think it would help me deduce what's going on
Could you tell me who feels wrong now? Knowing what we know about AM being wolf and the predominate discussion I think of Katie, Apop and genny over the last few days flipping village?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh true, could be an even-night SK or something (or maybe there is a full SK but they got roleblocked, or dya docced correctly, or who knows how many night action shenanigans there are tbh)

There could also be conversion of some kind, I've seen that some here (wolf recruit, cults, w/e the goo is everyone is traumatized by lol)
I think we’re a site that now a days is conversion lite cause so many people find them unfun
 
Apologies, been trying to build this today but haven't had much time till now. Here are my current reads:

Animal Midwife - They lay out the logic behind their votes very easily. They also poke and ask good questions. Heavy town read for me.

Apoptosis09 - Slight wolf lean, see prior post.

CeeGee14 - Initially they called out Jay’s POE for being stacked with lurkers, questioning why Dya voted Genny instead of Beans to save Jay. Some of their reads are definitely on the safe/hedgy side, but overall they read more like a busy villager trying to piece things together rather than a wolf playing it cool. Neutral read.
Clem J - Leaning town on them. Their progression through Day 1 just doesn't feel performative. When they pushed dya, they were completely open about it being simple logic without getting defensive. Their reaction to Katie's treestump claim was pretty pragmatic instead of opportunistic too.

Katiemcat - Wolf lean here, more so than apop but I still have my suspicions. AMs analysis certainly helped here, as well as the prior noob game I played with Katie they did play very differently.
Beans2020 - I’m leaning town on beans right now, but keeping an open mind. Her play around EOD 1 felt pretty natural.

Genny - Neutral here, I am unsure how to really feel about them yet. I am struggling to read them fully.

HRH Queeb SAR - Neutral to maybe slight wolf lean? The conversation surrounding their post restrictions intrigues me. This is only my second werewolf game, and I already have a hard time reading quieter players let alone restricted ones.
Moonstermash - Neutral/wolf lean A lot of moonster’s posting leans heavily on setup logistics and role mechanics. The actual reads feel mostly reactive and heavily hedged with vibes and POE. What pings me most is the comment about being willing to "vote basille before katie though, for wagons if nothing else." This feels like passive wagon testing to me. Less like solving and more like positioning for an easy compromise vote without building a real case.

@moonstermash : what specifically puts my slot ahead of katie for you outside of wagon viability? If it's mostly POE, what are you actually looking for from me?

Alex_DVM: Neutral, mostly due to them being unable to post most so it is hard to get a good read here. I am interested in hearing from them more.
Black Kat - Town lean. Their progression across both days feels organic to me. They actively react to vote shifts and also ask good questions.

Chilly_md - Slight village lean. They aren’t forcing pushes or jumping on easy wagons. They are on the quieter side and mostly react to what is already happening, but overall as a confused noob myself I can relate.

Reddeadrobin - Neutral. They have been relatively low on proactive case building, but I am struggling overall to read them as well.
Do you build your lists in your role pm? Or just type off the cuff on the thread? I’m just curious as to how new players work
 
I've decided the best way to approach today is to assign everyone dinosaurs. But also this is taking a long time and I want to post it not at the nth hour, so it's going to be a partially complete list for now I guess

The Cretaceous period gives me most of the best dinosaurs, including my beloved parasaurolophus who we will make myself because it is the best dinosaur to ever live and therefore clearly above all reproach. No take backsies.

Joining me in the cretaceous can be AM, who is definitely an ankylosaurus. A tank with single minded focus. All those little armour plates are like all the little details she notices which feels good.

Beans is a T.Rex. Misunderstood at first as a terrible predator, I've come around to admiring the beauty and grace of the hunt as she puts in the effort to chase down her prey.

Black Kat is Edmontosaurus - likes travelling in packs but is pretty cool because they're migratory so also strike out with their own thoughts that feel original and good

Clem is Gallimimus. So fast and speedy - this dinosaur was built like the primitive ostrich it is! So fast it can be all over the thread which is probably pure when it comes to Clemothy

Alex is gonna be Triceratops. Generally a well-regarded dinosaur because it's like one of the first ones little kids learn about. Generally gives the impression there's no way they could be a bad dude!

basille is Iguanodon, which I already mentioned is a super versatile dinosaur. I think if they were to ever play a forum based werewolf game with their cool thumb claws, it would be with a lot of well thought out arguments like basille has had

Apop is Spinosaurus because they are a badass scary dinosaur but I just kind of like them and can't totally put my finger on why?


Then we get to the Triassic Period, which is just kind of the period no one spends much time thinking about:
chilly
RDR
CG

Then finally the Jurassic. It sounds cool because Jurassic Park but it's all a lie because almost none of the movie dinosaurs actually lived in the Jurassic anyway!
genny
moon
katie

More dinosaur alter egos to come when I have more time probably
This made me smile so hard
and i appreciate it. Kinda iffy on 2/3 wolf reads flipping village but the effort is 10/10
 
Day 2 Vote Tally

katie (8)
- AM, beans, Clem, RDR, genny, apop, basille, chilly
SAR (1) - moonster
CeeGee ()
basille () -
apop (1) - Black Kat
genny (1) - SAR

11/14
leading: katie
Missing: @Alex_DVM , @katiemcat , @CeeGee14 --please lmk if I missed your vote

Vote closes TODAY, Wed. 8/26 at 9pm EDT (3min)
My guy here says between RDR and Basille there’s likely scum
 
Dearest Gentle Reader,

My sincerest apologies for my former fascination with those ancient beasts of dinosaurs, though I do hope it brought a flicker of delight to your countenance. This new mode of correspondence, I trust, shall render my declarations far more transparent.

As for the matter of Miss Katie, whilst I concede her peculiar transformation is handled with a curious lack of finesse for a mere stump, we must cast our eyes elsewhere on the morrow. Should she defy her claimed 'four-and-twenty hours a stump,' we may reconsider.

For the nonce, I aim to retire for the evening to prepare my next edition of this illustrious society paper. Pray send to me your queries, your quandaries, and indeed your questions (if I may be so common) so that I may opine upon them when the sun once more graces us with her divine presence.

Yours truly,
Lady SAR
Ya know this very possibly could be 3P but I don’t care I love it. Domesticate em, not fight em. :laugh:
 
Since the Oracle has failed us generally, I've decided to ask a specific question before consulting.

Can I trust AM?
Ducan: Yes



Did the local Dunkin make my order correctly, yes or no?
What is my order? Large Iced Americano, black, everyday nothing special?
Why is this a good form of divination? Despite an Americano being the second easiest coffee drink to make, DD still ****s it up about 50% of the time. Our local Dunk about 75%
OH THATS YOUR ORACLE THING I WAS CONFUSED ABOUT EARLIER.

fyi, oracle can be a real role and get answers from mods. I thought you slipped your role earlier
 
I did see Apop's take on RDR. I still need to go back and re-evaluate RDR to see if I can be swayed one way or another.

Katie was pretty much my only wolf lean because I suck at finding wolves and have been slacking.

I dropped you out of my village leans because I feel unsettled about your Katie vote and I can't really explain why. You interacted with plenty of players, but didn't really sus anyone besides Katie and you kinda jumped on her pretty hard the second she made an appearance. Can you explain more about the special position Katie was in that made you throw down a vote on her? Cause if Katie flips wolf, I'm going to be calling this distancing and wolf theater. And if she flips village or 3p, I can gladly eat my words.
CG good egg
 
Could you tell me who feels wrong now? Knowing what we know about AM being wolf and the predominate discussion I think of Katie, Apop and genny over the last few days flipping village?
basille: I like the detail they've been adding to their posts but it does seem to have gotten advanced for somebody pretty green to this if they just tried a game 4 years ago.
CG: I was asking for a good reader on them earlier since CG seemed off on purely vibes, apparently we have none
Clem J: I've liked Clem's approach. Mostly keeping the pace of the game at a good level. Was on the JJJ wagon though and now a vote for Alex/samac? That just feels wrong
beans: Most detailed poster out there. A WW veteran so people have a better read but assuming this is how they've villaged before and its not just a way to control discussion. Feels safe but also yeeted JJJ and was early on katie with AM. Which Clem was a part of too, which could mean its neutral or could mean both are some sort of scum if not both wolves?
SAR: I've been skeptical of their PR since it was nonsensical, but given it time and its developed into good nuggets. I'm watching for a reversal though which would make me suspicious once again.
moon: under my radar I think and I honestly should have written paper notes. Activity has really picked up though and that could be a red flag.
samac: Honestly think Alex was just very busy and katie actually knows them, and samac basically looks like they clearly have to start from scratch since they didn't get a handoff on what's been transpiring
Kat: pushed for earlier votes to get an idea about some of the new players which is good. But also think they could be playing wolf with more aggressive people
RDR: wasn't this the really weird back and forth with AM? Including about coffee? I don't know what to make of that, but seems very odd
 
basille: I like the detail they've been adding to their posts but it does seem to have gotten advanced for somebody pretty green to this if they just tried a game 4 years ago.
CG: I was asking for a good reader on them earlier since CG seemed off on purely vibes, apparently we have none
Clem J: I've liked Clem's approach. Mostly keeping the pace of the game at a good level. Was on the JJJ wagon though and now a vote for Alex/samac? That just feels wrong
beans: Most detailed poster out there. A WW veteran so people have a better read but assuming this is how they've villaged before and its not just a way to control discussion. Feels safe but also yeeted JJJ and was early on katie with AM. Which Clem was a part of too, which could mean its neutral or could mean both are some sort of scum if not both wolves?
SAR: I've been skeptical of their PR since it was nonsensical, but given it time and its developed into good nuggets. I'm watching for a reversal though which would make me suspicious once again.
moon: under my radar I think and I honestly should have written paper notes. Activity has really picked up though and that could be a red flag.
samac: Honestly think Alex was just very busy and katie actually knows them, and samac basically looks like they clearly have to start from scratch since they didn't get a handoff on what's been transpiring
Kat: pushed for earlier votes to get an idea about some of the new players which is good. But also think they could be playing wolf with more aggressive people
RDR: wasn't this the really weird back and forth with AM? Including about coffee? I don't know what to make of that, but seems very odd
Beans didn’t vote JJJ actually, she was on Katie with AM at EOD.
So if I read this correctly you have a PoE of Basille, Clem, moon, Kat, RDR?
 
I have a million and a half classes tomorrow and am similarly busy tonight, so I decided to go ahead and do some analysis for D3. Hopefully it'll be somewhat helpful since I won't be here much.

The EOD vote counts for D1 and D2. At this point we have to assume there were wolves on Katie's wagon D2 (whether they were bussing her or voting out a villager remains to be seen) and a wolf somewhere between JJJ and my wagons on D1. The votes are spread enough D1 that it's possible there is only one wolf on either JJJ or me and the others are spread out throughout the smaller wagons. (I made Katie yellow because we don't know what she is and that felt appropriate).



There are three players who were both on Katie's wagon and JJJ/my wagons: Clem, apop, and genny.
It's worth noting that Clem was defending Katie AND was jumping around between wagons on EOD1. I think he will at least partially resolve when Katie flips - if she is a wolf, I doubt Clem is her partner because he was so obviously defending her and her claim. That would be too pairing. I guess there is a world where Katie is village and wolf!Clem was trying to defend her but IDK, that just doesn't feel super likely right now. I want to iso apop and genny to start with.

I do also think it's worth noting that both JJJ and dya voted for RDR and RDR later ended up on Katie's wagon. That may be something to investigate later once we have more information.
I also think it’s boting how beans is treating Katie as an unknown. I like it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To help provide further context for my own playstyle, my first game on here was the noob game and my manator was SuperShorty. In the last game they linked a bunch of helpful resources that I still read over and cross-reference to help with me building my own case, as well as I've been trying to go out of my way to find other sources like the fandom wiki too. I have played single player deduction games like gnosia and danganronpa but reading real people vs characters in a game is far more difficult!
 
To help provide further context for my own playstyle, my first game on here was the noob game and my manator was SuperShorty. In the last game they linked a bunch of helpful resources that I still read over and cross-reference to help with me building my own case, as well as I've been trying to go out of my way to find other sources like the fandom wiki too. I have played single player deduction games like gnosia and danganronpa but reading real people vs characters in a game is far more difficult!
I like it a lot!
I also like interacting with chilly a lot too!
What great nooblets we have
 
I’m also reading through and god damn AM ended up at pretty much the top of everyone’s list so my hackles are raised that poisoner might not be so friendly.
Unless it’s like 1 of a few people I won’t list now that were skeptics. But I really thought AM had the keys to the blocc.
 
Beans didn’t vote JJJ actually, she was on Katie with AM at EOD.
So if I read this correctly you have a PoE of Basille, Clem, moon, Kat, RDR?
Pretty much.

Also going back and trying to see who went after bean day 1. They said to watch that wagon. Clem flipped off of it after that though so did dy. Final vote for beans D1 were moon, SAR, genny, kat