The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty much.

Also going back and trying to see who went after bean day 1. They said to watch that wagon. Clem flipped off of it after that though so did dy. Final vote for beans D1 were moon, SAR, genny, kat
Okay. I’ll be honest I set a little trap there to see if you’d correct me or not because the reads list read like you think Clem is village but just a little paranoid and not actually someone you were interested in. I wondered how you would react if it seemed I misread someone on the list.
Can you expand on that a little bit then?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! And I mean I was wondering if it was allowed to ask CG to do that, sorry for the confusion @CeeGee14

Anyways it makes sense why a seer would stay quiet if CG is village. However it does make me curious as to if its a wolf seer or a townie? If townie, I'd imagine someone (likely the seer) would have come in to lightly defend them.
I am hackles raised a little by I think Basille being the first person to mention a potential wolf seer. I don’t think they’re the most common.
 
Dearest gentle reader,

The marriage season is in full swing and the game players are all on the board and showing their hands. This author finds the claim that some are soul searching quite intriguing, as she also has had some soul observations done upon her person last eve.

Alas, time runs short for the trip to the continent and the bags are madly being packed into the wee hours of the night - those times when the most dastardly deeds and indeed the juiciest gossip unfold. This author still finds herself watching one of the ton in particular. While she still tries to blend in, dear reader, the ploys only seem to become more obvious over time. Though this author has been mistaken before, it is a rare occurrence and might result in the revocation of some credibility if it were to be the case.

Yeet genny

Yours truly,
Lady SAR
Uh sars got the same seer result the same night CG did? Was this discussed
I am mechanically confused
 
Okay. I’ll be honest I set a little trap there to see if you’d correct me or not because the reads list read like you think Clem is village but just a little paranoid and not actually someone you were interested in. I wondered how you would react if it seemed I misread someone on the list.
Can you expand on that a little bit then?
Clem's body of work outside votes seems town. That's also a lot of recency bias since that vote is early on this day. But votes are what drives the game as well, so perhaps that pattern should be weighed more.
 
Recap of D1 wild voting and whether it should be weighed more considering it was D1

I read back through the last hour of D1 and compiled the things that stood out to me. The Tl;dr is that there were five major wagons: JJJ, beans, dya, katie, and Alex. We know that at least two of those players (JJJ and dya) are village (three if you count me). My guess is Alex is also village. If we are operating under the assumption that a wolf wagon was on the board, it most likely was Katie. I'm going to try to use spoiler tags to make this shorter but I'm not sure if I will be successful lol

Vote tally after Katie made her appearance and people began moving over to vote for her. This is after the JJJ, beans, and dya wagons but before the Alex wagon. Note the Katie wagon - we have two confirmed villagers on it.

JJJ's take on the wagons at this point. I tend to agree with this statement.

Updated vote tally after I jumped on the katie wagon for self-prez. Alex wagon still has not started.


Katie's treestump claim. This is what caused pretty much everyone to abandon her wagon. Which I do understand. However, I don't think this is clearing. Wolves can be treestumps too. I also noticed that there could be some of the "whiteknighting" towards me that AM mentioned along with overall comments on business.

JJJ and apop's thoughts on the treestump claim. Basically a discussion of whether or not it is possible for a wolf to be a treestump. The consensus seems to be they are usually village but not necessarily.

The vote tally once the Alex wagon began - note that the JJJ and beans wagons have stayed mostly constant except for Katie and Clem. All of the movement at EOD up to this point has been between dya, Katie, and Alex. I am tinfoiling that the wolves are kinda hiding in plain sight as the players who are mostly hopping between wagons at this point are either confirmed village or being universally townread at this point.

Katie's take on the Alex wagon. Katie's argument that we should not yeet Alex is kind of extreme to the point that I feel like she has TMI on Alex. If Katie is a wolf and knows Alex is village, she could be trying to get some cred to point back at later ("see how I tried to stop you all from yeeting this villager!")
Also worth noting that after the Alex wagon starts Katie votes for JJJ and gives multiple reasons as to why she is all of a sudden not townreading him. I'm not sure if that was frustration from being voted for or if that was coming up with reasons to vote for that wagon instead of for me or Alex, who she was defending at that point. I will say, wolf!Katie would have had to know that wouldn't look great, but if the alternative was voting for someone she had earlier townread, I do understand it.


This has spoiler overload so I'm linking directly to it
 
Day 3 Vote Tally

CG () -
beans (1) - katie
genny (2) - beans, SAR
apop (2) - RDR, AM
RDR (1) - CG

6/14
leading: genny and apop (kinda)
Missing: A little over half

Vote closes at 9pm EDT/6pm PDT TODAY (~18h)
AM also follows RDR but I don’t know how much weight that holds. It was an interesting pivot off off CG
 
The only world I would say AM would vote partner CG off the bat is if they got the result CG was seered and they thought that the gig was up for CG. So if someone did do an investigative action that CG claims happened and you’re not wolf id cough it out.

I think the most likely scenario is CG was seered by AM though. I just don’t understand the delay/SAR sharing the same result
 
It all depends on how other players are doing! 🙂

I will say, the first puzzle proved much more challenging than the second. But with each puzzle, a good number of players got it right, a good number got it wrong. I’m just glad people are participating and seem to be having fun 🙂
SOMEONE. TELL. ME. THE. DAMN. ANAGRAM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reviewed the noob game's abbreviation list.
Pool of Eels is a lot more memorable.
Also realizing that PR does not mean post restriction
Yes I like pool of eels better too but I got a lot of wtf reactions when I played the champ game in another site by calling it pool of eels so know it’s an us thing lol
 
(They're also separate reasons but go off queen)
>im voting her for voting dya
> im townreadjng her for voting dya

Okay
You think disappearing for 2 cycles is wolfy?
:shrug:

I’m gonna need you to solve the other slots tho. Cause I know I’m village so I’d like to know what you’re gonna do if you flip me and I’m green.
 
>im voting her for voting dya
> im townreadjng her for voting dya
I don't think I said that's why I'm voting you
Okay
You think disappearing for 2 cycles is wolfy?
:shrug:
In some contexts, yeah
I’m gonna need you to solve the other slots tho. Cause I know I’m village so I’d like to know what you’re gonna do if you flip me and I’m green.
Vote someone else or be dead and not have to worry about it
 
I don't think I said that's why I'm voting you

In some contexts, yeah

Vote someone else or be dead and not have to worry about it
What it read like to me.

You know I’m asking who are you going to vote, or who else is in your POE or some variation of those questions
 
What it read like to me.

You know I’m asking who are you going to vote, or who else is in your POE or some variation of those questions
...that's a you problem then?

I know, yeah, but I'm feeling ornery this mornery
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...that's a you problem then?

I know, yeah, but I'm feeling ornery this mornery
Pls Clem. This is my first day in the game, I’m spending 90% of my time catching up but I would very much like the interaction and current reads. I’m jonsing for it, particularly from someone who’s been pretty universally town read from what I love seen.
Any thoughts on the chilly/basille stuff of recent?
Give me something.
Pls.
 
Pls Clem. This is my first day in the game, I’m spending 90% of my time catching up but I would very much like the interaction and current reads. I’m jonsing for it, particularly from someone who’s been pretty universally town read from what I love seen.
Any thoughts on the chilly/basille stuff of recent?
Give me something.
Pls.
I've tried chilly at various points, not sure how much I believe in it tho

Basille has been in my poe consistently
 
Okay whatever vote my slot becuase Alex was absent and had like -10 posts but give me something to work with for the love of all that is holy
Iron Man Reaction GIF
 
I am hesitant to vote for RDR even with the two us being in a tie currently. My prior read stands firm, which was I could not get a good read lol.

If anything, I am leaning towards apop. apop's recent posts are pinging me the most right now (beyond the voting for me part). I think them already chaining hypothetical flip associations onto Katie and Moon before the day even ends is a bit sus.
If they’re wolfing together this would be juicy
 
basille: I like the detail they've been adding to their posts but it does seem to have gotten advanced for somebody pretty green to this if they just tried a game 4 years ago.
CG: I was asking for a good reader on them earlier since CG seemed off on purely vibes, apparently we have none
Clem J: I've liked Clem's approach. Mostly keeping the pace of the game at a good level. Was on the JJJ wagon though and now a vote for Alex/samac? That just feels wrong
beans: Most detailed poster out there. A WW veteran so people have a better read but assuming this is how they've villaged before and its not just a way to control discussion. Feels safe but also yeeted JJJ and was early on katie with AM. Which Clem was a part of too, which could mean its neutral or could mean both are some sort of scum if not both wolves?
SAR: I've been skeptical of their PR since it was nonsensical, but given it time and its developed into good nuggets. I'm watching for a reversal though which would make me suspicious once again.
moon: under my radar I think and I honestly should have written paper notes. Activity has really picked up though and that could be a red flag.
samac: Honestly think Alex was just very busy and katie actually knows them, and samac basically looks like they clearly have to start from scratch since they didn't get a handoff on what's been transpiring
Kat: pushed for earlier votes to get an idea about some of the new players which is good. But also think they could be playing wolf with more aggressive people
RDR: wasn't this the really weird back and forth with AM? Including about coffee? I don't know what to make of that, but seems very odd
@Clem J
 
To elaborate, part of this is based on AM's sus, part of this is re-reading basille wondering about a wolf on JJJ's wagon (and CG voted to put JJJ in a tie with beans if I'm reading SAR's spreadsheet correctly), part of this is not really liking the current wagons on the board tbh.
So not sure I’m the biggest fan of the apop wagon here
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I won't have a phone till Monday evening, and I am about to head out so I will at least post the read list I put together before I go:

Town leans
samac (Strongest town): Very transparent thought progression that is easy to follow. If I think on AMs playstyle who was my last town read, this is like night and day. AM put together a few solid points, however I now see how a true solvey townie plays. The tone and logic feels natural. I just hope I'm not being bamboozled again!

moonstermash: Consistently solid logic, they ask solid questions and to me it doesn't feel performative.

CG: Town leaning for now, especially with AMs last main push being CG and apop. I don't see the logic in CG being a fellow wolf that AM is trying to throw under the bus.

Black Kat: Lightest town read for now, I like the questions they ask and as others note they were one of the few to question AM at the start.

Neutral/Unsure
beans: leaning more towards townie because they are significantly more involved and solvey than in my last game with them (they were a 3p). I just don't have enough game history with beans as others do to be 100% sure if this is town beans or wolf beans. However, the effort feels genuine to me.

SAR: Unsure due to the posting constraints still, overall posting is having me think they are more so a 3p if anything?


POE:
Chilly: Still high on my sus list.. It is nice seeing more activity now that there is pressure, but the shift and the reads list still pings me. It's interesting how light chilly went on RDR in their latest reads list, especially following the discussion about potential RDR - AM connections.

RDR: The connections shown that samac and beans have laid out make a lot of sense to me, combined with the lack of proactive solving earlier. I would love a current reads list from them as well.

Clem: Bottom of my POE. The sam vote feels a bit off, and I suppose the voting pattern feels a bit disjointed compared to the rest.
 
I won't have a phone till Monday evening, and I am about to head out so I will at least post the read list I put together before I go:

Town leans
samac (Strongest town): Very transparent thought progression that is easy to follow. If I think on AMs playstyle who was my last town read, this is like night and day. AM put together a few solid points, however I now see how a true solvey townie plays. The tone and logic feels natural. I just hope I'm not being bamboozled again!

moonstermash: Consistently solid logic, they ask solid questions and to me it doesn't feel performative.

CG: Town leaning for now, especially with AMs last main push being CG and apop. I don't see the logic in CG being a fellow wolf that AM is trying to throw under the bus.

Black Kat: Lightest town read for now, I like the questions they ask and as others note they were one of the few to question AM at the start.

Neutral/Unsure
beans: leaning more towards townie because they are significantly more involved and solvey than in my last game with them (they were a 3p). I just don't have enough game history with beans as others do to be 100% sure if this is town beans or wolf beans. However, the effort feels genuine to me.

SAR: Unsure due to the posting constraints still, overall posting is having me think they are more so a 3p if anything?


POE:
Chilly: Still high on my sus list.. It is nice seeing more activity now that there is pressure, but the shift and the reads list still pings me. It's interesting how light chilly went on RDR in their latest reads list, especially following the discussion about potential RDR - AM connections.

RDR: The connections shown that samac and beans have laid out make a lot of sense to me, combined with the lack of proactive solving earlier. I would love a current reads list from them as well.

Clem: Bottom of my POE. The sam vote feels a bit off, and I suppose the voting pattern feels a bit disjointed compared to the rest.
The quickest way to pocket me is town read me when I’m trying hard so I gotta be careful but I can follow where your head is at.

Can you talk to me a little more about Clem? I’m on d3 of my catch up and he’s staying pretty high in folks towns reads