The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr Clem when you guys talk about seer what do you guys usually mean?

Someone like a investigator?
Seer usually means an alignment cop, someone that targets another player and is told "this player is mafia" or "this player is town."

There are more complicated and/or nuanced versions, but that's sort of the base idea
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy **** spicy

Chilly if you havent so already can I get a redlist without explanaitons? Just a tier on where your hardes tr are and poe
No rankings though on that version, I can reformat to a different way
 
Kay i catched up mostly about seer discussion and chilly leaving a confusing readlist

Im gonna be completely honest guys my brain got lost and talking about mechanics and roles makes it hurt so Ill let you guys solve that out thanks

@moonstermash @chilly_md do you think there are only two wolfs missing?
This is a 16 roster game. I assume it varies with the breakdown of scum, but there should be probably 4 wolves. Don't know what the other scum's separate win condition is though or if there's somebody who's trying to get yeeted in order to win if that's something that's been done here before
 
This is a 16 roster game. I assume it varies with the breakdown of scum, but there should be probably 4 wolves. Don't know what the other scum's separate win condition is though or if there's somebody who's trying to get yeeted in order to win if that's something that's been done here before
How did you come to that conclusion?
 
or if there's somebody who's trying to get yeeted in order to win if that's something that's been done here before
Yes, that is a role we can have - here we usually call that a "jester" and they meet their win condition when they get yeeted.
It would surprise me if we had one at this point because I would expect them to be a whole lot sketchier. We would have probably yeeted them by now
 
So RDR's Duncan coffee talk was channeling an oracle? And they said AM can be trusted

The other time I see reference to this ability was:


And I don't think we got anything out of that
 
No rankings though on that version, I can reformat to a different way

I am curious, what specific posts/voting moments shifted moonster from neutral/evaluating into scum for you?
Yeet CG

I'm gong to a birthday party, then i have to work, so i'll be missing EOD
You will most likely be missing these questions as you'll be gone but in case you have a moment:
What is your main thought process on voting CG ?


So RDR's Duncan coffee talk was channeling an oracle? And they said AM can be trusted

The other time I see reference to this ability was:


And I don't think we got anything out of that
My understanding is that the oracle thing was a joke surrounding their usual dunkin donuts order, unless there truly is underlying meaning there. They also said the following:
🔮I’ll cease the bit🔮
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts on players just based on votes (mostly the final tallies):
  • Kat feels towny on vote movement (D1 very active, even going genny to break the tie D3 feels like attention a wolf wouldn't want unless exactly paired with basille* - but I think AM's vote would have been different if so? She was around EOD3, although samac did say she can freeze, IDK)
  • I'd softclear beans for not self-pressing D1
  • Tempted to clear basille and chilly for joining katie's D2 mega-wagon at the end, just doesn't feel like scum agenda tbh. At the *very* least, I doubt they're teamed, (but who knows, newbies can be surprising lol)
  • Leaves CG, Clem, RDR, SAR as POE (and maybe chilly or basille). Tbh CG feels towniest today. Maybe AM/RDR *was* scum distancing (I also liked CG's point there)? But RDR not voting to self-pres today gives me pause. Clem and SAR are harder reads for me in general, it wouldn't surprise me much if either were scum tbh
  • Of chilly and basille, chilly feels towny on perspective, and basille on perceptiveness. I'd only lean basille scummy here as connected to Kat and D3 votes tbh
*Tangentially, if Kat and basille are wolves, I'd expect basille to have a better role (or they're roughly equal and Kat is sticking her neck out as the veteran to protect a newbie)
 
Thoughts on players just based on votes (mostly the final tallies):
  • Kat feels towny on vote movement (D1 very active, even going genny to break the tie D3 feels like attention a wolf wouldn't want unless exactly paired with basille* - but I think AM's vote would have been different if so? She was around EOD3, although samac did say she can freeze, IDK)
  • I'd softclear beans for not self-pressing D1
  • Tempted to clear basille and chilly for joining katie's D2 mega-wagon at the end, just doesn't feel like scum agenda tbh. At the *very* least, I doubt they're teamed, (but who knows, newbies can be surprising lol)
  • Leaves CG, Clem, RDR, SAR as POE (and maybe chilly or basille). Tbh CG feels towniest today. Maybe AM/RDR *was* scum distancing (I also liked CG's point there)? But RDR not voting to self-pres today gives me pause. Clem and SAR are harder reads for me in general, it wouldn't surprise me much if either were scum tbh
  • Of chilly and basille, chilly feels towny on perspective, and basille on perceptiveness. I'd only lean basille scummy here as connected to Kat and D3 votes tbh
*Tangentially, if Kat and basille are wolves, I'd expect basille to have a better role (or they're roughly equal and Kat is sticking her neck out as the veteran to protect a newbie)
Full disclosure, I was going to end this with an RDR vote, except her vote today has me thinking
 
Day 4 Vote Tally

RDR (2) - beans, CeeGee
CeeGee (1) - RDR
chilly (2) - basille, samac
samac (1) - Clem

6/10
leading: TIE - chilly & RDR
missing: SAR, chilly, Black Kat, moonster

Vote closes TODAY, Sun. 8/30 at 9pm EDT (~3.25 hours)
Hmmmmmm
 
ISOing Clem a bit because his samac vote makes me itchy, and this post is the first one that interests me:
Great, you're my designated AM sheep then. As long as you're not paired I'm safe
I think at this point dya was towning AM, but tentatively. Could be risky for wolf!Clem to sheep dya, since there's a chance she catches AM later tbh. (But I can't say it's outside Clem's wolfrange because IDK if *anything* is lol)
 
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (3)
- moonster, katie, Black Kat
beans ()
genny (3) - SAR, RDR, chilly
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (3) - Clem, apop, genny

13/14
Leading: genny, basille and CeeGee
Missing: Alex

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (~3 hours)
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (4)
- moonster, katie, Black Kat, apop
beans ()
genny (3) - SAR, RDR, chilly
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (2) - Clem, genny

13/14
Leading: @CeeGee14
Missing: Alex

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (~2 hours)
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (3)
- moonster, katie, Black Kat
beans ()
genny (3) - SAR, RDR, chilly
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (3) - Clem, genny, apop

13/14
Leading: CeeGee, @genny , @basille
Missing: Alex

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (~52 minutes)
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (2) - moonster, katie
beans ()
genny (3) - SAR, RDR, chilly
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (3) - Clem, genny, apop

12/14
Leading: genny and basille
Missing: Alex and Black Kat

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (~21 minutes)
Day 3 Vote Tally

CeeGee (2) - moonster, katie
beans ()
genny (4) - SAR, RDR, chilly, Black Kat
apop (2) - AM, basille
RDR (2) - CeeGee, beans
basille (3) - Clem, genny, apop

13/14
Leading: genny
Missing: Alex

Vote closes TODAY, Fri. 8/28 at 9pm EDT (~11 minutes)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
 
ISOing Clem a bit because his samac vote makes me itchy, and this post is the first one that interests me:

I think at this point dya was towning AM, but tentatively. Could be risky for wolf!Clem to sheep dya, since there's a chance she catches AM later tbh. (But I can't say it's outside Clem's wolfrange because IDK if *anything* is lol)
Lots of stuff is, I'm just good at pretending
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exploring the possibility of a Kat/basille team more:
Unvote

Hmmmm yes ties
30 mins to D3 close, this moves the votes from CG/basille/genny to just basille/genny tied (basille arguably in more danger; but could be a set up to free vote/break tie in basille's favor?)
Kay so basille makes posts that are good in tone

I might've been swayed but I wanna solve the apop/rdr thing
IMO Kat doesn't really follow up with apop/RDR 🤔
I think we are

3 basille, 3 CG, 3 genny right? Right
U are correct tyvm

Genny / basille @beans2020
Maybe Kat didn't even realize basille was in more danger when unvoting, IDK
I think

Vote: genny


I knew SAR claimed it too
Kat asks katie for her legacy, then this is her second post after correctly understanding the votes, with 17 mins to go before close.

There doesn't feel like any lead up to this shift tbh. Some freaking out after, but it feels generalized, not really focused on disbelieving genny's claim or worried about if genny can come back to claim, etc. This is the strongest related comment IMO:
Okay but what if genny has the thing to survive a tie and thats why the wolfs arent HERE
But it's tunneled on genny scum, not town, and mech paranoia which isn't strongly towny to me in context tbh
Basille if you are being coached tell them they are doing an amazing job
🤔

Do I say this as my last post of the day, about my wolf partner I've just saved by (kinda) openwolfing, which implicitly compliments myself? No, but I suck at wolfing tbh so lol
 
As sure as God's got sandals, I've made it back. Idk if I'll be trying to catch up or real timing so to be fair I may not be useful.

Anyway, enjoy this picture of the view at the hike I did today. It's so hot I'm streaming the wrinkles out of my ballsac tho. Tomorrow's supposed to be cooler, bud.

PXL_20260830_170301297.PANO.jpg
 
ISOing Clem a bit because his samac vote makes me itchy, and this post is the first one that interests me:

I think at this point dya was towning AM, but tentatively. Could be risky for wolf!Clem to sheep dya, since there's a chance she catches AM later tbh. (But I can't say it's outside Clem's wolfrange because IDK if *anything* is lol)
I think anyone has to sheep dya cause dya has historically had a god read on AM. Part of why I’m so shocked AN flipped village
 
FWIW, I'm very torn between voting basille to test a Kat/basille team, and voting in RDR/SAR/Clem. Any thoughts on Kat/basille are welcome