***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people that already had the interview - any advice? Also whats the general breakdown of the day? Why is it from 7:30 - 4:30? lol

8 hours..? Dang, I'm going to doze off for sure. The one aspect I dislike about interviews is that they drag on forever because their padded with presentations/slideshows. I just wanna get interviewed and take a tour of the school

I think they start with presentations, then tours of the clinic and campus, lunch and then interviews in the afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think they start with presentations, then tours of the clinic and campus, lunch and then interviews in the afternoon.

are you going tomorrow? I'll be there

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A piece of advice to all the peeps coming to interviews: don't stress. The presentations and tours were great, and the interview was (in my opinion) pretty low stress. They have set questions they ask you, but my interviewers did their best to keep it light and conversational. I was finished well before 430 (but the last people to interview might have been there that long). The faculty and students are all very cheerful and helpful, and the clinics are amazing!

I hope this is helpful!

Reactions: 1 users
A piece of advice to all the peeps coming to interviews: don't stress. The presentations and tours were great, and the interview was (in my opinion) pretty low stress. They have set questions they ask you, but my interviewers did their best to keep it light and conversational. I was finished well before 430 (but the last people to interview might have been there that long). The faculty and students are all very cheerful and helpful, and the clinics are amazing!

I hope this is helpful!
How is it decided who interviews first/last?

Got invited for an interview!
December 4th!

sGPA: 3.99
cumGPA: 3.96
DAT: 22 AA/21 TS/21 OC/21 GC/21 BIO/ 22 RC/23 QR/30 PAT

Hope to see some of you there!

Got invited for an interview!
December 4th!

sGPA: 3.99
cumGPA: 3.96
DAT: 22 AA/21 TS/21 OC/21 GC/21 BIO/ 22 RC/23 QR/30 PAT

Hope to see some of you there!
Wow....have they really given out all of their pre-December interview dates I wonder? Do you know?

And, congrats on your interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow....have they really given out all of their pre-December interview dates I wonder? Do you know?

And, congrats on your interview :)

No I just have a bunch of things going in October and November so I chose a later date. Also can't beat going to arizona in the winter ;)

How is it decided who interviews first/last?
It is alphabetical, but there are two groups and it seemed like the second group takes the second half of the alphabet, so if you have an "M" last name you might be first also.

Interview 6

Got off waitlist from June 19th, only available date was Dec. 17th.

Interview #2:

Got an interview invite today but as AZResident said, there are no more available dates. I called admissions this morning and was told they would open up more interview dates as the cycle goes on.

Interview #2:

Got an interview invite today but as AZResident said, there are no more available dates. I called admissions this morning and was told they would open up more interview dates as the cycle goes on.
Had you been on the waitlist?

And...congratulations!!

Thirty minutes after, I got an official email confirming my interview date with instructions to check in at 7:30am. So this makes interview #1!!
Had you been on the wait list? If so, when were you first put on that list. Thanks!

They just put up some new interview dates for those who couldn't get one!!

Best school in the country, you guys will be impressed when you come interview

Hi,
Does anyone have October 22nd interview date? Hoping to chitchat and see if you'd like to coordinate hotel/uber. I'll be coming in from California. DM me!

Interviewing this Thursday! Does anybody know how long the interview is, how many people are interviewing you, and what kind of questions they ask you?

Interviewing this Thursday! Does anybody know how long the interview is, how many people are interviewing you, and what kind of questions they ask you?
The interview is 30 - 40 minutes, there are 2 faculty and 1 student interviewing you, and they ask the same 12 questions to everyone. My interview was relaxed and fun while still being pretty formal. It wasn't stressful at all!

Reactions: 3 users
I was finished well before 430 (but the last people to interview might have been there that long).

What time did you finish? It's crazy to think these guys have a full 9 hours scheduled for us

What time did you finish? It's crazy to think these guys have a full 9 hours scheduled for us
I finished around 2 or 230 if I remember right. The last people to interview might have been there til 430, but I doubt it. The tours are all very interesting, I was never bored.

The interview is 30 - 40 minutes, there are 2 faculty and 1 student interviewing you, and they ask the same 12 questions to everyone. My interview was relaxed and fun while still being pretty formal. It wasn't stressful at all!
Awesome, thank you so much! Also one more thing, do you know if it is open or closed file?

Waitlisted on 8/9/18
App complete on 8/8/18
From Georgia
Stats:

As a student you get 4 "free" implants when you're in clinic. So you will be placing at least 8. I'm just flipping through the questions on the sdn website.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hi,

link to the SDN website?

I believe that they said it was by last name.

Hi! Was the interview MMI style or was it more of just a normal interview style? What types of questions are most helpful to practice before the interview? My interview is next week!

Hi! Was the interview MMI style or was it more of just a normal interview style? What types of questions are most helpful to practice before the interview? My interview is next week!

It was a normal interview, two faculty members and a student. They asked 12 questions to everyone. With the questions that they asked I would prep for critical thinking questions. It felt like most of the questions were meant to test you ability to reason through the question. The rest of the questions were designed to get to know you as a person.

The interview was pretty relaxed for me, so I wouldn't stress about it too hard.

Good Luck!!!!

It was a normal interview, two faculty members and a student. They asked 12 questions to everyone. With the questions that they asked I would prep for critical thinking questions. It felt like most of the questions were meant to test you ability to reason through the question. The rest of the questions were designed to get to know you as a person.

The interview was pretty relaxed for me, so I wouldn't stress about it too hard.

Good Luck!!!!
Thank you, l really appreciate your response! Best of luck to you this cycle as well. :)

Thats incredibly surprising-you have great stats. Wish you all the best!! :)
Thank you! I really hope to hear back soon. I assume their hang up is that I am so far out of state, but who knows.

Interview format is very similar to Minnesota, all the questions were scenario based. I agree with what gunner said earlier, this is definitely the best school in the country!

Interview #2
School:
MWU Arizona
Notification date: 9/21/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/14/18
Application complete date: 9/18/18
GPA (science, overall):
3.04, 3.18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/20/ None
Dates available OR your interview date:
January 15!

I have 500+ Shadowing Hours / 300+ Dental Assistant / Full time High School Teacher (5 years) with plenty of community service/ involvment

20180927_140956.jpg

This is my dream school, but damn those are some big numbers. Will only attend if I can snag an HPSP scholarship

Hi everyone! I was just wondering they put my application on hold until i retake my new DAT at the end of october. Do you all think I still have a chance if i do significantly better on my new DAT? 3.5 GPA, 3.4 science, strong overall app.

Well the rejection is official just got an email saying they won't interview anyone with a GPA below 3.4...

Status
Not open for further replies.