***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Well I’m about to start D1 next week here and got the email so I wouldn’t read into it much haha
Hi! I just had a question about Midwestern and was wondering if I could PM you about it?

Any recent updates or activity? Also is 5/14 the last day they are interviewing?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about how many applicants are interviewed on each scheduled virtual interview day?

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed on May 6th, waitlisted today

interviewed on May 6th, waitlisted today
I think they waitlist everyone without rejections. I never see anyone got rejection after he did the interview, especially late interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview offer on Friday.
Sunday Morning, Jun 21, 2020 was also the only option available.
Can someone please give us more details about the questions they were asked during the interview? Also, were the questions asked to everyone attending or there was a one-on-one type of set up?

Offer received by phone call on Thursday. but turned it down. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone please give us more details about the questions they were asked during the interview? Also, were the questions asked to everyone attending or there was a one-on-one type of set up?
The set-up is a 2 on 1

Offer received by phone call on Thursday. but turned it down. Good luck!

Congrats!!!! were you waitlisted? when did you interview? when did you get waitlisted?

Congrats!!!! were you waitlisted? when did you interview? when did you get waitlisted?

Thank you!
I had my interview in late October and got waitlisted in December.

SDN has really good information about interview questions asked previously here: Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
I used that as a guide and it helped me feel much more prepared.
as far as the interview, you all call in at the same time for orientation and then you’ll log out and they call you to let you know when to log back in for your individual. Everyone was super nice and inviting, and it really is a wonderful program. I hope that helps!

Thank you!
I had my interview in late October and got waitlisted in December.

Glad to see that they are finally looking at the waitlist. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone else heard back from the waitlist? I wonder if they only review waitlist applicants once a month or so or should we expect another movement soon?

Reactions: 4 users
Doesn’t the admissions committee meet every Friday to weigh that weeks interviews and Waitlisters?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Doesn’t the admissions committee meet every Friday to weigh that weeks interviews and Waitlisters?

To be honest I am not sure! Maybe they will start going through the waitlist more often once all interviews are done? When did you interview?

To be honest I am not sure! Maybe they will start going through the waitlist more often once all interviews are done? When did you interview?

4/30 what about you?

Do you guys know if it goes in order of who interviewed earlier? Like people who interview in jan will see movt before people who interview in may?
I don't know how the waitlist moves, but their waitlist is unranked.

Rejected w/o interview today so looks like they're working on the waitlist. Good Luck all!!

I interviewed at this school in March, but I never took anatomy. I planned to take it during the summer after I heard from this school, but due to COVID19, I could not. If I email them will they waive it. I have taken human physiology.

turned down my acceptance guys. it was sad, I loved this school/faculty/facilities . interviewed in January. good luck guys

Any movement this week?

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed this morning, and I know interviews are going til next month. Best of luck to all of you.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed this morning, and I know interviews are going til next month. Best of luck to all of you.
Thank you! Hope your interview went well! but I was just wondering do you know how many people interviewed the day you did?

Got the acceptance call this afternoon! Just for encouragement, I got 13 rejections out of 18 schools this cycle, and MWU was my only interview while the other four schools still haven't reached back to me. I hope you guys get good news soon. Hang on tight!

Reactions: 10 users
Got the acceptance call this afternoon! Just for encouragement, I got 13 rejections out of 18 schools this cycle, and MWU was my only interview while the other four schools still haven't reached back to me. I hope you guys get good news soon. Hang on tight!
Congrats! Who reached out to you?

I haven’t hear anything back yet and I applied June 13th, 2019. I haven’t gotten the rejection as well. So I was thinking of contacting the admissions and show my interest in the school.
Does anyone know who is the right person I should contact in the admissions?

I haven’t hear anything back yet and I applied June 13th, 2019. I haven’t gotten the rejection as well. So I was thinking of contacting the admissions and show my interest in the school.
Does anyone know who is the right person I should contact in the admissions?
Hello! I know for me I emailed the office of admissions to update my file recently and they got back to me instantly. Maybe you can email them to know more. Hope this helps!

Hello! I know for me I emailed the office of admissions to update my file recently and they got back to me instantly. Maybe you can email them to know more. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I will definitely do that!