***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! For people who interviewed last Thursday. Did u hear anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody hear back from the waitlist? I interviewed 10/31.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MWU CDMI's top priority is its students. As soon as they have made a decision, they will let waitlisted applicants know right away. So try to limit any communications with them right now, unless you are adding updates to your app. They haven't forgotten about you, they are just super super busy right now balancing current students and applicants. I know it's easier said than done and the application process is grueling, but just TRY to be patient. They are working as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Reactions: 1 users
MWU CDMI's top priority is its students. As soon as they have made a decision, they will let waitlisted applicants know right away. So try to limit any communications with them right now, unless you are adding updates to your app. They haven't forgotten about you, they are just super super busy right now balancing current students and applicants. I know it's easier said than done and the application process is grueling, but just TRY to be patient. They are working as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Thanks! I think people want an answer so they know if they should prepare to reapply or not.... and also because the application process isn't cheap so arrangements may have to be made earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I think people want an answer so they know if they should prepare to reapply or not.... and also because the application process isn't cheap so arrangements may have to be made earlier.

Yep that’s exactly why I keep asking!! To know what to do next

You’re right and I 100% get that. You can always start preparing yourself for the next cycle before you get an answer. The first time I applied, I had a school that notified me that I was no longer being considered after they’re classes already started for the year I had applied for. That being said, I wouldn’t wait around for schools to give you an answer. Just start improving your application in case you do need to reapply.

Hey everyone! For people who interviewed last Thursday. Did u hear anything back?
I interviewed on 4/14 and got accepted by phone call on 4/22. I know the class size is approaching the 130 mark, but I do believe there are some spots still available. Best of Luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still conducting interviews? I'm wondering if they call people off the waitlist while they are still interviewing!

I interviewed on 4/14 and got a call 8 days later. I am a masters student thou. Calls were made out for 4/14 and 4/16 group already. I THINK

I also heard they have about four more rounds of interviews before they will stop conducting interviews.

Do a lot of people typically get off the waitlist? I know MWU AZ goes through a lot of their waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed on 4/14 and got a call 8 days later. I am a masters student thou. Calls were made out for 4/14 and 4/16 group already. I THINK

I also heard they have about four more rounds of interviews before they will stop conducting interviews.
Do u know if 4 more in the coming weeks or post 4/14?

I just got a rejection this evening without an interview ‍♀️ Best of luck to everyone!

Hi guys, has anyone interviewed at MWU-ill during the quarantine virtually? I was wondering how would that be like ? And how long is it ? So you guys have any tips for me ?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, has anyone interviewed at MWU-ill during the quarantine virtually? I was wondering how would that be like ? And how long is it ? So you guys have any tips for me ?

Thank you in advance

Do you have an interview coming up!?

Woke up to an email with an interview invite! The dates available to me were 5/5 and 5/6.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated : )

Last edited:
Woke up to an email with an interview invite! The dates available to me were 5/5 and 5/6.

Hello, I had a virtual interview on the 16th. It was very chill and everyone was really friendly. It started with a presentation, then the actual interview, followed by a presentation regarding finances and a q/a panel with current students. Overall it was a really good experience and just stay calm!

Hello, I had a virtual interview on the 16th. It was very chill and everyone was really friendly. It started with a presentation, then the actual interview, followed by a presentation regarding finances and a q/a panel with current students. Overall it was a really good experience and just stay calm!

Thank you for the information! Did they ask many ethical questions? Also did you interview with one person only during the actual interview?

Thank you for the information! Did they ask many ethical questions? Also did you interview with one person only during the actual interview?

A few, but they were pretty basic. And I had two people present! Hope that helps

I interview 4/14 and questions were all personality based. No ethical questions

Got virtual interview invite this morning and the only available date is May 14th. When I confirmed the interview date, it said they'll contact us with more information. Does anyone know when they email you with more info? I don't even know what time my interview is...it just said "morning."

Got virtual interview invite this morning and the only available date is May 14th. When I confirmed the interview date, it said they'll contact us with more information. Does anyone know when they email you with more info? I don't even know what time my interview is...it just said "morning."

Should be relatively soon. Just has relative info to the campus/interview links for WebEx, etc.. mine started at 8ct. Felt sorry for the west coasters...haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Should be relatively soon. Just has relative info to the campus/interview links for WebEx, etc.. mine started at 8ct. Felt sorry for the west coasters...haha

Thank you! I'm on the west coast so I should start preparing waking up early haha.

Hi, for all of you guys that got accepted and planning on going to Midwestern on government financial aid, have you guys already calculated the total cost of how much debt it will be, the last time I checked with someone It was around 700k with accuring interest and the school also plans on increasing tuition? If so, what is your plan for paying off such debt?

I interviewed yesterday and just got my acceptance call today from Dr. Jham! I’m over the moon - I had my entire application ready for the next cycle and was ready to just give up on this round.

Good luck to everyone, don’t give up!!

Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted but from the little research I've done, I think the most feasible plan (for this amt of debt) is to get loan forgiveness after 20 years and pay a "tax bomb" on the forgiven amount. How to Pay off Dental School Debt and Still Retire in Your 50’s | Student Loan Planner
Along with help from the financial office at MWU, I would probably also hire a financial planner in the future to help sort out paying loans/investing/etc. My approach might change as time goes on however
Mine is to move back with my family after graduation and probably spend the next 5-6 years (or longer) to aggressively paying it off, I will be 29 by the time graduate dental school, and plan on being debt free by at most 36 and able to start my own family, but again plan can change, it just sucks for people who already have family or plan on starting family right after graduation.

I interviewed yesterday and just got my acceptance call today from Dr. Jham! I’m over the moon - I had my entire application ready for the next cycle and was ready to just give up on this round.

Good luck to everyone, don’t give up!!

Wow nice ! Congratulations ! Did you interview in the morning or in the afternoon?

Does anybody know how many spots are left in the class?

Any of the waitlisted applicants heard back?

im so so so confused over how this is being handled
Or when they'll stop interviewing? They were supposed to be done a while ago
Any of the waitlisted applicants heard back?
Does anybody know how many spots are left in the class?

Midwestern does rolling admissions and I know they can interview well into June (but I think may 14th is the last date for all programs at MWU) I hear the wait list is active starting from June. I know of a student who was accepted a week before orientation.

I'm sure It's frustrating to see people getting interviewed and accepted right away, but dont let that bog you down. Just keep updating the school with what you have been doing to make your application more competitive.

I know there was a solid 140 seats for the class of 2024

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone from the 4/30 interview heard back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey future classmates, I’m a current D1 (almost D2) here at Midwestern Illinois and would be happy to answer questions about the curriculum, professors, dental school in general, dental school during the quarantine, or anything else! PM me or just reply to this message and I’ll do my best to respond. If someone could direct me on how to become a verified student here, I’d greatly appreciate it. I hope I get to see some of you here in the fall as bench mates in sim!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just Got Placed on the Alternate List from an April 29th interview what are the odds I get off that?

Anyone hear back from the school or receive any email regarding alternative list?

I received an email today if I want to be removed from waitlist