***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone, a little new to this. Just got invited to an interview this week for next week. For anyone who had the virtual interviews, how did they go and when did you get an email regarding your time slot. I got an email that said more information would follow but nothing past that. Also, for the people that were placed on the waitlist, if you dont mind sharing how long ago you interviewed that would be awesome too! Thanks everyone, and I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, a little new to this. Just got invited to an interview this week for next week. For anyone who had the virtual interviews, how did they go and when did you get an email regarding your time slot. I got an email that said more information would follow but nothing past that. Also, for the people that were placed on the waitlist, if you dont mind sharing how long ago you interviewed that would be awesome too! Thanks everyone, and I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe :)
Congrats on your interview invite! I had my virtual interview this past Wednesday. For us, they emailed the day before with time slot. They also emailed a link to click on so you can log into the virtual interview and presentations. I hope this helps and good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your interview invite! I had my virtual interview this past Wednesday. For us, they emailed the day before with time slot. They also emailed a link to click on so you can log into the virtual interview and presentations. I hope this helps and good luck!!
Hello
Did you get any decision or email since your virtual interview? best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
ohh great news congrats, they waitlisted me. when did they call u? Thursday?
Thank you! I got the phone call Wednesday night around 8PM EST and an email I think the next day or Friday.

Thank you! I got the phone call Wednesday night around 8PM EST and an email I think the next day or Friday.
wow they offered your acceptance on the same day of your interview?! congrats! :)
Did they mention anything about the class being full or how COVID will affect admissions?

wow they offered your acceptance on the same day of your interview?! congrats! :)
Did they mention anything about the class being full or how COVID will affect admissions?
No they did not mention either!

The interview was very chill! My interviewers were super nice which helped to ease my nerves lol. Just be sure to smile and let your personality shine while still remaining professional. The interview itself lasts 15-20 minutes; this was consistent for almost everyone who interviewed on my interview day.
That's so great to hear! I'm a nervous wreck lol. Do you remember the names of your interviewers?

Thanks for the response . any idea on how they decide whom to pick from waitlists . Do they go based off gpas and dat scores first ? Seems like a bunch of us are on the WLs and on the Facebook page it’s around 87 students so I assume the class is somewhat around 100-110 full . Looks like they are also conducting interview next week . Who knows when they are going to stop with the interviews .
At this point in the cycle, at least from my experience, they are looking for commitment. They are looking to see who is sending them updates, letters of intent, etc. They want to see that you are as committed to them as they will be to you by accepting you-if that makes sense. Let them know of any additional shadowing hours, classes you plan to take and what you will do to better yourself as an applicant if you don't get accepted off the waitlist. Recall personal experiences associated with MWU (such as those of your interview, conversations with faculty/students, a visit to the campus, etc.) or why the university's ideals/missions closely align with your own. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
I called two weeks ago and they told me that they are continuing interviews into April and that they would most likely span the entire month (from what I gathered from her answer about how the application cycle was going to be altered due to current events).

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted applicants heard anything back? If so, when did you interview and when did you get waitlisted? Thank you!

Got the acceptance call from Dr. Haering last night around 5pm EST! I interviewed Tuesday (3/31) for reference. He didn’t state how many spots were left, I'm sorry ://

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call from Dr. Haering last night around 5pm EST! I interviewed Tuesday (3/31) for reference. He didn’t state how many spots were left, I'm sorry ://
congrats, are they still interview?

Last edited:
Interviews are officially over, they are not meeting to go over waitlist yet but they should be in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

I am not sure if you meant they are done interviewing or done scheduling interviews. They certainly aren't done interviewing yet because I have an interview scheduled the during 3rd week of April.... I had option of choosing the 14th or the 16th for the interview. Hopefully this helps!

I meant scheduling! Usually interviews are done & over first week of April. That’s what previous threads have said and that’s what they personally told my group at the interview. Good luck to you regardless :)

Thank you!! I'll keep you all posted on any more information they tell me during it. Good luck to all of you as well, too!!

Any waitlisted applicants heard back anything?

Damn 107 members in the fb group, getting much more tight now...

yup i saw that the other day... meaning they basically accepted a good chunk of their interviewees these past 2-3 weeks >.<

I have an interview next Thursday and was just wondering if anyone has any tips for a virtual interview or any idea what it might be like. Thanks1
I have an interview on Thursday too!! super nervous I really wanna go to this school

Not necessarily that everyone on that group are accepted, I’m one of them in the group but waitlisted.

during the interview, did they ask you guys scenario questions?

Don't know if anyone would know, are they finished scheduling interviews now?

How has everyone’s virtual interviews been going? I’m curious if they have told anyone a timeline of when they should expect to hear back, etc.

Did they mention how many seats they had left during the virtual interview?

I thought decisions made on Fridays since the admissions meeting every Friday!!I interviewed yesterday but still no thing

I interviewed on Tuesday 04/14. They did not say anything about open seats available. All they said is they hoped to get back to us within a week with a decision.

I believe admissions meet on Monday to discuss regarding decision. I got my acceptance on a Tuesday. So hang in there!

I believe admissions meet on Monday to discuss regarding decision. I got my acceptance on a Tuesday. So hang in there!
Congrats on the acceptance, Dr. Smile! When you heard back from them, was it by e-mail or phone call? And if you don't mind me asking, how long did they give you to submit your deposit for enrollment and do a background check? Just asking for financial budgeting concerns... =)

I interviewed back in early December but didn't hear back until the first week of Jan! It was almost a month of waiting... so I know how it feels :/

I got an email from the admission director and I believe I had about 1 month to pay the deposit ($200) - very reasonable compares to many other schools! In terms of background check, I am not sure if there is a deadline because I don't remember seeing one but I believe as long as you do it before Sept. you should be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
So I am a current D1 and last year they had interviews go until May, and we even had a member of our class get accepted 6 days before we started classes, so don’t give up hope yet! Also our dean Dr. Pulido is extremely busy making sure that we all are still getting the necessary education (we just got take home handpieces to work on hand skills!) so please be patient with the school and don’t overload them with emails!

Reactions: 6 users