The official "rate the avatar above you" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLabel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In this thread, rate the avatar of the person who posted above you. Ratings are X/10, conclusion (would not bang, etc) optional.

In order to keep this thread relevant to preallo, posters are encouraged to include a random fact relevant to the application process.

Since I'm the OP, I'll rate my own avatar;

10/10 would drink, excellent avatar choice!!

Random application advice: I recommend the Barron's MCAT prep book for condensed content review.

Let's hear it, SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Went out with him once... 11/10 ;)

Tip: dont take the MCAT the day before finals start. Seriously tho

Reactions: 1 user
Probs has a few tattoos 10/10 :laugh:

Tip: Pre-write at least a few secondaries (the big ones: diversity, biggest challenge, future plans)

Members don't see this ad :)
13? Is that the score you got on your MCAT the day before finals start? 13/10 for wearing your score like a champ ;)

Tip: EK Physics is a godsend with their shortcuts for specific problems

Reactions: 1 users
13? Is that the score you got on your MCAT the day before finals start? 13/10 for wearing your score like a champ ;)

Tip: EK Physics is a godsend with their shortcuts for specific problems

Not sure what you're avatar is, so ?/10

Advice for recently accepted applicants: have as much fun as you possibly can before starting medical school, and avoid all things related to medicine.

Wat?/10 If the guy in that picture is cooler online, I dread to meet him IRL.

I'll apply after I graduate, but I'd say it's important to assess one's maturity levels at regular intervals to determine when you are ready to move forward with each important part if the process.

Wat?/10 If the guy in that picture is cooler online, I dread to meet him IRL.

I'll apply after I graduate, but I'd say it's important to assess one's maturity levels at regular intervals to determine when you are ready to move forward with each important part if the process.

Breaking the rules to say: Trailer Park Boys. Go watch it.

9/10, looks badass but a little old for my liking (gray hair haha)

Oh and protip: khan academy is a godsend

5/10, too small to read on phone.

Don't be a gunner.
3/10. I don't dig question marks (I'm an exclamation mark kind of guy). But you got some curve so some points for you!

Tip: Enjoy the little things and life during undergrad. You'll never have your college years back.

Members don't see this ad :)
3/10. I don't dig question marks (I'm an exclamation mark kind of guy). But you got some curve so some points for you!

Tip: Enjoy the little things and life during undergrad. You'll never have your college years back.

8/10 for Calvin & Hobbes, -1 for bad quality = 7/10!

Tip: You can enjoy everything worthwhile UG has to offer with great time management. Time management is everything.

8/10 for Calvin & Hobbes, -1 for bad quality = 7/10!

Tip: You can enjoy everything worthwhile UG has to offer with great time management. Time management is everything.

I got skipped over :(

6/10. Yup.

Tip: Try to avoid combining engineering classes with humanities classes.

6/10 Got balls.

Don't waste your breaks by doing nothing.

EDIT:You changed it!:mad: Now my bad joke makes no sense. 2/10 I don't follow team sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
10/10

I love animals wearing human clothes, who doesn't?

4/10

Creepy. I feel like your staring at me

10/10 this one makes me laugh
10/10, maximum adorableness

Oh, forgot the tip. Be yourself and really come up with interview answers that are true to you and not just some B.S. the admissions committee wants to hear.

Last edited:
5/10 Too lazy for an avatar

Tip: Once accepted to med school, do absolutely nothing until med school starts.

7/10 The sunset is a nice touch.

Tip: AAMC practice tests are your friend.

your avatar= story of my life, 10.5/10

study tip: take lots of youtube breaks

You look like a gunner, so 10/10

9/10 because it's the story of my life and speaks to me on so many levels.

Edit: pawprint: 8/10 bc it reminds me of my high school's logo/mascot :D

For tips, once you submit your primary, never look back at it again and make a thread asking if a typo will kill your chances :laugh:

Are those freaking Pokemon?! If so, 8/10.

9/10 Blue Motorbikes are cool! :D

Protip: Once accepted, don't try to prestudy, just enjoy yourself to the fullest!

9/10 cool avatar.

Tip: If you're going to take a gap year, find a boss who is supportive of you going on interviews! Otherwise your life with be full of a boss who stalks you all the time and asks you when you're going to stop going on interviews (speaking from personal experience lol).

9/10 cool avatar.

Tip: If you're going to take a gap year, find a boss who is supportive of you going on interviews! Otherwise your life with be full of a boss who stalks you all the time and asks you when you're going to stop going on interviews (speaking from personal experience lol).
10/10 (All Pixar movies are great!)

Tip: Spreadsheets. This was passed on to me by a current MS1. Makes it easy to keep track of secondary websites, usernames and passwords (especially when they give you autogenerated ones that are just random strings of letters). Spreadsheets are also a great way to keep track of whether a particular school accepts pre-interview updates, whether they are okay with questions about your application status, whether they prefer updates to be via email or the application portal, and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
10/10 (All Pixar movies are great!)

Tip: Spreadsheets. This was passed on to me by a current MS1. Makes it easy to keep track of secondary websites, usernames and passwords (especially when they give you autogenerated ones that are just random strings of letters). Spreadsheets are also a great way to keep track of whether a particular school accepts pre-interview updates, whether they are okay with questions about your application status, whether they prefer updates to be via email or the application portal, and so on.

3/10. Too spooky

Tip: Balance your ECs (i.e. have good amounts of clinical/teaching/research/nonclinical/leadership etc. experiences)

3/10. Too spooky

Tip: Balance your ECs (i.e. have good amounts of clinical/teaching/research/nonclinical/leadership etc. experiences)

7/10. Clearly compensating, but I'm told it's all about technique.

Tip: Use it first.

10/10 for Samuel L. Jackson

Tip: Pre-med clubs are generally a joke.

8/10 Samuel L. Jackson is a badass.
  • Tip: Just the tip. lol
  • Stay away from buying tons of supplements if you are weightlifter, it's all in the food.
  • Always go for a new PR when a hot chick passes by.
  • Enjoy your freedom before medical school and residency.

Last edited:
skipped twice now :bored:

skipped twice now :bored:
0/10 looks pretty dumb (didn't skip ya bro!)

Tip: don't be a neurotic premed. You'll have much more fun and be better liked

0/10 looks pretty dumb (didn't skip ya bro!)

Tip: don't be a neurotic premed. You'll have much more fun and be better liked

9/10 better than tequila.

Tip: Learn to button and fit a suit.

10/10 very cute bunnies!

Tip: Set small study goals each day. After a month, smile at how far you have come!

8/10 Is that a doctor puppet? 8 points for relevancy, -2 points because puppets kind of creep me out

Tip: Cultivate hobbies and friendships even while applying for medical school. There is life outside the admission process!!

10/10 Fuzzy Cats in Seductive Poses.

Tip: Don't pre-study for medical school, play video games.

There are off topic threads in pre-med now? :eek:

9/10

I love manips, but the font is weird.

8/10 so cuteeee. XD

Have a chill day once a week to destress and avoid burn out.

8/10 Is that a doctor puppet? 8 points for relevancy, -2 points because puppets kind of creep me out

Tip: Cultivate hobbies and friendships even while applying for medical school. There is life outside the admission process!!

Haha yes it is a doctor puppet. She was my "twin" for the masquerade concert my students gave this year. The kids loved the puppet lol!

2/10 -5 for breaking the rules with no tips and Aerus 9/10 idk what it is but it is somewhat of a vex.

Tip: Make sure you read first aid as a premed. Also spend more time studying for the MCAT than looking on SDN to find out how to study for the MCAT...

4/10 B/W

tip: When youre bored go look at streampaw threads

Status
Not open for further replies.