The official "rate the avatar above you" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 Favorite LOTR character.

Tip: Don't oversleep on the day of the MCAT. Lol.

3/10..because I don't get it and it's kind of creeping me out, but points for hipster originality?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
10/10 if the avatar is supposed to be a chinchilla
3/10 if the avatar is supposed to be a rabbit

9/10 Cause this means you like Dexter's Lab and Mandark was an awesome character (and the good one before the "updated" version with the lame designs)

Reactions: 1 users
5.5/10 points docked for image qual

7/10 ... Full credit for the "hey man... I didn't do it" thing the picture represents, but -3 for choppy quality.

Tip: Be nice to professors... but don't kiss ass. Nobody likes that guy.

12/10 cuz 10 points for your avi (i love kitties obv) and extra 2 points for your sig... would def buy him a drink (or twelve).

Tip: use SDN as much as possible to get good tips from med students/residents/attendings/adcoms but tell all your friends its wack/lame so they dont use it too cuz you are a gunner and need to keep some secret weapons in your back pocket if you are gonna gun properly

8/10, cute and fun, but not sure what's going on. Is he doing Thriller? Stretching? Trying to be scary? So confused!!!

Plan your application to be done early - like ready to submit in May or even April.... things will come up, teachers will send letters late, transcripts will get lost, essays will need more revision, MCAT might need to be retaken. Planning to have things done even earlier will assure you get your application in on day one, will give you even more time to pre-write secondaries, and will make your application cycle most likely begin and end earlier. Trust me, you'll appreciate not having to wait to hear from schools over the holidays, especially if you get incessantly asked by friends, co-workers, and family.

8/10, cute and fun, but not sure what's going on. Is he doing Thriller? Stretching? Trying to be scary? So confused!!!

Plan your application to be done early - like ready to submit in May or even April.... things will come up, teachers will send letters late, transcripts will get lost, essays will need more revision, MCAT might need to be retaken. Planning to have things done even earlier will assure you get your application in on day one, will give you even more time to pre-write secondaries, and will make your application cycle most likely begin and end earlier. Trust me, you'll appreciate not having to wait to hear from schools over the holidays, especially if you get incessantly asked by friends, co-workers, and family.
I can't see your avi so I'm going to pretend it's a funny cat meme and rate it 8/10.

Tip: Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

7/10 ...i never really liked Karev lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
9/10, hot doctor, would bang

Reactions: 3 users
8/10, and if that is you in real life, 13/10 for sure.

Tip: just drop the dime for the MSAR- wish I would have done that, would have saved me a lot more.

ct303 got in ahead of me... love the skyline 9/10

Deadlines are for those who want their applications to be dead in the water. Submit your AMCAS application by July 1 and your secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them and not later than September 15.

Reactions: 3 users
ct303 got in ahead of me... love the skyline 9/10

Deadlines are for those who want their applications to be dead in the water. Submit your AMCAS application by July 1 and your secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them and not later than September 15.
10/10 Do want!!

Tip: listen to everything LizzyM says! She's our oracle!

Reactions: 4 users
10/10 Colbert knows how to be entertaining.

8/10 because Seth MacFarlane is doing Cosmos.

Get your OS and secondaries into as many hands as possible as early as possible. It will take much, much longer than you anticipate to draft a meaningful account of why you're an ideal fit for medicine.

10/10 because Family Guy is top notch

Tip: It's very difficult to gauge how well you did on the MCAT. Because you think it went poorly doesn't mean that it actually did. Be confident!

10/10 of course. Lisa Edelstein?

That's Rosalind Franklin, doctor.

10/10 you're a doctor, not a doorstop

Tip: don't ask other people what you should do for extracurriculars. Ask yourself what you want to do and do that.

mine was broken last time :eek:

9/10
tip: study

mine was broken last time :eek:

9/10
tip: study

8/10 because Space.

Tip(s): A great number of worthy applicants do not get accepted to medical school. Therefore, don't beat yourself up over it or take it personally if you don't get accepted. There are few things in life any of us can control, and this is not one of them.

6/10.. I love dogs, but dogs in clothes kinda freaks me out.

Tip: Don't forget to apply to some higher-end, "reach" schools. Don't sell yourself short. Have confidence in your app!

6/10.. I love dogs, but dogs in clothes kinda freaks me out.

Tip: Don't forget to apply to some higher-end, "reach" schools. Don't sell yourself short. Have confidence in your app!

8 out of 10 for thinking dogs don't belong in clothes, +1 for defending the many freedoms we enjoy so much.

So, despite a broken avatar, 9/10.

8/10 because Space.

Tip(s): A great number of worthy applicants do not get accepted to medical school. Therefore, don't beat yourself up over it or take it personally if you don't get accepted. There are few things in life any of us can control, and this is not one of them.

such avatar, much clothes, so 8/10, wow

I know it wasn't the last post, but I couldn't resist. :p

Tips: You don't have to rush getting into med school. Take a gap year or two, go travel, get a job, chill, experience life. Medical school will still be there when you get back.

Reactions: 1 user

Tips: You don't have to rush getting into med school. Take a gap year or two, go travel, get a job, chill, experience life. Medical school will still be there when you get back.
wVoDSgL.jpg
/10

Tip: If you ever see a troll post, use Disgusted Bun to your full advantage. (Not calling you a troll @SilentSoldier :p)

3/10, just bc idk wth that thing is.

Tip: Drink 3 glasses of milk a day.

9/10 because great pic + awesome screen name; point deducted for electron microscopy expenses incurred in order to view it. Would drink your milkshake.

Tip: When you start realizing you're forgetting OChem, GenChem, etc. after the classes are over, take 10 minutes to review what you don't remember quickly. Not forgetting >>> Re-learning.

Thank you for the love. That 6/10 from the other guy was a little redonkulous ;)

9/10 relevant username.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye. 1/10 I'm a vegetarian.

Tip: If you don't get anything out of lectures, try reading the textbook and self studying. It may work for you.

0/10.
Can't grow vegetables in space :p

Tip: if you are interviewing in an area/at a school you have never visited before, get acquainted with the lay of the land and your route between your hotel/friends place/student host, etc and the admissions office, so you will know exactly where you need to go the morning off - much less stressful :)

10/10 for awesome scientist.

Yeah. I know the distinction but that is very commonly used, unfortunately. The US military uses it as well.
7/10- StarFleet Medical is cool, but the emblem is hard to read.

10/10 for Stifler + name combo
10/10 because that is one hell of a philosiraptor

Tip: SDN is 60% quality info, 40% trolls, and even those that provide good advice in one thread might be trolling in the next. Take everything with a grain of salt and look at the overall trajectory of posts- try to avoid focusing on any one particular thread. Also, on google, add site:studentdoctor.net to a search to get results from only studentdoctor.net. It works far better than the integrated search functionality of this site.

10/10 because that is one hell of a philosiraptor

Tip: SDN is 60% quality info, 40% trolls, and even those that provide good advice in one thread might be trolling in the next. Take everything with a grain of salt and look at the overall trajectory of posts- try to avoid focusing on any one particular thread. Also, on google, add site:studentdoctor.net to a search to get results from only studentdoctor.net. It works far better than the integrated search functionality of this site.
9/10 is that a little skeleton hacker pirate?

Tip: Read Dune

100,000,000/10

Tip: Also read The Book Thief. Bring tissues.

Status
Not open for further replies.