2018 ****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting again; If anyone has questions about UNLV, i'm a D1 here and i'd be happy to answer some things :) love this place
What part of Vegas do you/students live in? How much rent should one expect of 1 bedroom apartment? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Really really tough decision but I turned down my acceptance last night. Best of luck to anyone still waiting. Hoping it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that got accepted, what's the deposit amount?

Members don't see this ad :)
What part of Vegas do you/students live in? How much rent should one expect of 1 bedroom apartment? Thanks

Most people I know live either in the Summerlin or Henderson areas - both at most 15-20 minutes away from school. Rent is really cheap; a 1 bedroom including utilities can go from 600-900. I recommend finding a roommate; right now i'm only paying 500 for a spacious 2 bedroom

Indirect answer for reference: including this Friday, there are 8 interview sessions left. All interviews are on Fridays
7? I'm pretty sure they hold interviews until February 23rd. There are 7 Fridays left including this Friday.

Anyone know how full the class is right now?

7? I'm pretty sure they hold interviews until February 23rd. There are 7 Fridays left including this Friday.
That might be so. I am going off of the email I got from the admission office. I am a current UNLV student and they're asking students to volunteer for interview days.

Anyone know when the next batch of acceptances are released?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jan 12 interview stats: 30 were invited. 18 canceled, resulting in 12 people at the interview.

I interviewed in Dec. Thank you! I will be accepting. It my top choice :)

I interviewed in Dec. Thank you! I will be accepting. It my top choice :)

Hey, did you receive any calls/emails from UNLV? Mine also changed to offer made but I haven't received anything yet. Does this mean I'm accepted??? Btw congrats!!!

Hey, did you receive any calls/emails from UNLV? Mine also changed to offer made but I haven't received anything yet. Does this mean I'm accepted??? Btw congrats!!!
Yes, it means you were accepted (a contingent acceptance)! They will call/email you tomorrow I anticipate. You may have an acceptance contingent on you finishing classes if you need to do that, or some other reason like a background check. Anyways, congrats for the (provisional) acceptance! I was just (provisionally) accepted too! Class of 2022 classmates!

Did it change on AADSAS or the UNLV grad portal?

YAY Thank you!!! Mine changed on AADSAS, not on UNLV grad portal yet!

AADSAS update to offer made, interviewed in January. My first acceptance :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody receive a call yet from the dean regarding the acceptance? Waiting here anxiously!

Does our acceptance packet have information on the deposit to secure our spot in the class?

Anybody receive a call yet from the dean regarding the acceptance? Waiting here anxiously!

They only call in-state students for acceptances. I didn't receive an e-mail or a call, just an acceptance packet in the mail the week after I got accepted in December. The "Offer Made" portal change is the acceptance offer.

Out of state too, my portal says none as well and no emails/calls :shrug:

*keeps refreshing aadsas and sdn* feels like the longest day ever haha
I called them and they said if we didn't hear back today we might during their 3rd round of acceptances which is some time in early march

I'm OOS, my aadsas portal says "offer made", but I haven't received any emails or calls from the school. The only thing i've received has been an email asking for a background check.

I'm OOS, my aadsas portal says "offer made", but I haven't received any emails or calls from the school. The only thing i've received has been an email asking for a background check.

Same. OOS CA.

I called them and they said if we didn't hear back today we might during their 3rd round of acceptances which is some time in early march
awe, that really sucks... thanks for the info though!

Same. OOS CA.
Same and OOS CA! No call or email, but Aadsas changed to "offer made" on Tuesday and today got a background check email saying, "you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants". I'm guessing this means I've been accepted?! Anyone have insight on this? I called the admissions office late this afternoon but no answer.

Same and OOS CA! No call or email, but Aadsas changed to "offer made" on Tuesday and today got a background check email saying, "you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants". I'm guessing this means I've been accepted?! Anyone have insight on this? I called the admissions office late this afternoon but no answer.
Yes, you’re accepted.

Received large packet in the mail with acceptance dated 1/16, no e-mail update, portal on aadsas changed accordingly!

Congratulations to y’all!

Any other updates with post-December acceptances? Still no e-mail (only background check) or acceptance package, just AADSAS update. Starting to get nervous about missing a deposit deadline.

Any other updates with post-December acceptances? Still no e-mail (only background check) or acceptance package, just AADSAS update. Starting to get nervous about missing a deposit deadline.
You have a whole month for the deposit. If you intend to go to UNLV, simply call the admission office and notify them that you will be sending the deposit. They'll make a note on your file and expects it so that even if it arrives late, you'll still have a place.

I called the admissions office and they told me that there is no acceptance confirmation e-mail for accepted applicants. And the acceptance packages were sent out last Wednesday for January 16th acceptances.

Anyone from Utah taking acceptances here? It would be cool to get together and get to know each other before we all move down there!

How long after your interview did they get back to you with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection?

How long after your interview did they get back to you with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection?
I interviewed on December 1st and then my status changed to "offer made" on January 16th and then I got the acceptance packet on January 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.