The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean, a lot of things are survivable with treatment but near fatal without it lol
Yes but that’s such a transformation from being super duper fatal but not fatal anymore!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
theres also a lot of preventable things that are near fatal without prevention. like measles.
Vaccines do nothing. What are you talking about.

It's not like we've eradicated a few diseases with them and almost eradicated others until people starting not vaccinating. Oh wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Vaccines do nothing. What are you talking about.

It's not like we've eradicated a few diseases with them and almost eradicated others until people starting not vaccinating. Oh wait.
what are you talking about. vaccines DO things. like cause autism, even though that was disproven. which is far worse than dying a slow and painful death from a completely preventable disease. oh wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Beans belong in chili!

*ducks and covers*

Reactions: 7 users
You're missing a line! Beans beans they're good for your heart

No, no it's entirely wrong to start with! Clearly it supposed to go thusly:

Beans, beans, the magical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
etc etc.

But perhaps that's just the Canadian toned down vulgarity version :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users

etc etc.

This is the version my grandpa taught me as a kid haha

etc etc.

I know that one too it is just a pet peeve of mine to call a legume a fruit :p

Members don't see this ad :)

etc etc.

Magical? I learned it as musical. Because of the beautiful butt music they cause.

Reactions: 4 users

etc etc.

This is the version my grandpa taught me as a kid haha

I also learned this version

I had a dream last night that I was a plague vet, and it was amazing.

I did not accidentally infect the country with Yersinia pestis, so uh, you’re welcome
But did you get to wear one of those old timey bird head masks??

But did you get to wear one of those old timey bird head masks??
Ugh I was so sad that plague wasn't on our list of infectious diseases for the presentations we do during transitions. I wanted to be a plague doctor!

Ugh I was so sad that plague wasn't on our list of infectious diseases for the presentations we do during transitions. I wanted to be a plague doctor!
They look like they have so much fun!!!

I accidentally made my professor laugh when we were talking about plague because she was telling us that they used to stuff the "beak" full of like oil-soaked rags, but because they didn't have an understanding of the transmission, the doctors were still getting infected. I leaned over to my friend and whispered "wait so you're saying that oils DON'T prevent bacteria? gasp" and my professor heard and chuckled :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
So I ate leftover mujadara for lunch @vetmedhead and now I'm farting. Lentils also do it.
I know nothing about Arabic food. Is that something you can find pretty commonly at a middle eastern restaurant? It sounds really good.
Not so much the farting but I’ll take that too I guess

They look like they have so much fun!!!

I accidentally made my professor laugh when we were talking about plague because she was telling us that they used to stuff the "beak" full of like oil-soaked rags, but because they didn't have an understanding of the transmission, the doctors were still getting infected. I leaned over to my friend and whispered "wait so you're saying that oils DON'T prevent bacteria? gasp" and my professor heard and chuckled :laugh:
Clearly they were using the wrong oils

I know nothing about Arabic food. Is that something you can find pretty commonly at a middle eastern restaurant? It sounds really good.
Not so much the farting but I’ll take that too I guess
If you are curious you should check out the cooking thread. A lot of us are vegetarian and therefore we post a lot of ethnic dishes because lentils, tofu, vegetables etc are so much more common in other cuisines than American.

I hear that's great for ear infections. Or, I would hear that if I could hear anything through all the coconut oil, yeast, and bacteria jammed into my ears.
Coconut oil makes a nice change of snack for the bacteria and yeast obviously! They prefer to eat that, and so that’s how the eat infectione going away

Pure, 100% organic coconut oil, anything else and you might as well be giving yourself antibiotics
We see a lot of holistic clients at my practice and we always have proud owners coming in for their pets’ ear infections saying “we’ve tried coconut oil, tea tree oil, and switching to grain free. We can’t figure out what’s wrong.” While running the cytology in the back I always look at the doctor and whisper “we’ve tried nothing and we’re all out of ideas!”

etc etc.

I have heard this one, but I've also heard it as ~musical~ fruit.

Children kill your soul and are also preventable...

Reactions: 9 users
guysssss look at today's google doodle!!! :love:
When I was a kid I sobbed for a whole day when my dad told me that Steve Irwin died. My parents had no idea why that news made me so upset, but they certainly regretted telling me about it at the time

Reactions: 6 users