The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found dark mode in preferences. You can Like in PM!!!!!!!!!!
You can do more than just like too!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Help did they take away the ability to change the sdn theme in the new upgrade????????
@Lupin21 @dyachei do you guys know? Or where the button has been hidden? :scared::cryi:
I was looking for these posts in the RANT thread and was shocked no one had brought it up yet. I can't handle change like this, I want my old SDN 2013 back

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about wow actually but pretty sure about the rest.

EDIT: disregard above, @WildZoo is right. Just did a quick test. First three reactions (like, love, haha) count as +1 reaction score, but the next 3 (wow, sad, angry) count to 0.

Last edited:
Holy **** I pulled it up on my laptop because I saw everyone complaining about the desktop site being so much worse or whatever. My own avatar next to the reply box is huge in comparison to the user avatars next to posts.
Also the number next to the alerts bell is really little. I have good eyesight but even I had to squint a little to see it.

tenor.gif

I've been gone all day, what the heck is going on

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I tried to like something and it told me I'm a security risk. Did we replace SDN with HAL 9000 while I was out?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Wait, some of these reacts don't count as likes? But I engaged my audience! I'm here to entertain! Sometimes an audience needs to be challenged!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I tried to like something and it told me I'm a security risk. Did we replace SDN with HAL 9000 while I was out?
No it just finally realizes how toxic you are

Reactions: 2 users
With Rabb.it, is there a way to share your screen with everyone else? I think I saw someone do it last week to play some nerdy YouTube videos. I was wondering if this feature could be leveraged so we can surf the web together or share our own private movie and TV show collection instead of streaming from Netflix/Hulu/etc.

With Rabb.it, is there a way to share your screen with everyone else? I think I saw someone do it last week to play some nerdy YouTube videos. I was wondering if this feature could be leveraged so we can surf the web together or share our own private movie and TV show collection instead of streaming from Netflix/Hulu/etc.
Nope. You just can type in/copy pasta the url of a website and watch from there, but not screenshare. And I’ve tried screensharing on skype using my own collection when rabbit was down once and Skype greyed out the movie </3

Nope. You just can type in/copy pasta the url of a website and watch from there, but not screenshare. And I’ve tried screensharing on skype using my own collection when rabbit was down once and Skype greyed out the movie </3
That’s weird, did you try another browser? I screen share movies all the time on Skype. I think Safari was the browser that wouldn’t let us, but chrome and Firefox work.

Weird! I swear I saw someone share their screen on Rabb.it last week and like it was their Chrome browser going to YouTube or something. :thinking: Like I could see their mouse and everything.

That’s weird, did you try another browser? I screen share movies all the time on Skype. I think Safari was the browser that wouldn’t let us, but chrome and Firefox work.
Mine were things downloaded onto my laptop, not things online so may have been that? But you were def there that day :rofl:

Weird! I swear I saw someone share their screen on Rabb.it last week and like it was their Chrome browser going to YouTube or something. :thinking: Like I could see their mouse and everything.
You can see the mouse in rabbit. You’re just always there when something has already been chosen to play :p you can use the internet through rabbit and search things like that

Yeah that’s just the rabbit screen. You can get a chrome browser and go to whatever website you want. And then there’s a little remote button below the screen and then whoever has the remote is the one controlling the mouse.

Mine were things downloaded onto my laptop, not things online so may have been that? But you were def there that day :rofl:
When did we get to Skype! Haha

Bf also plays movies through his laptop and it works haha but maybe it was the player he was using

It was like a year ago prob :laugh:
It was I think you me cdo and finny maybe? Didn’t last for long since it didn’t work hahaha
I don’t have your Skype though so I don’t think I was there :laugh:

But I do know in a group Skype it’s funky so that was probably it haha

Is there still a way I can see "Unread watched threads"? I used that ALL the time!!!
I'm so salty about that. Like going to the main watched thread page is fine, I guess, but I'm having a really hard time distinguishing the unread ones from the read ones because the bolding is hard to see in dark mode and i don't want to blind myself with the other layouts.

#firstworldproblems

Reactions: 3 users
also why can't i see my posts and likes.

and also i can't hover over my inbox icon to refresh my notifications. i have to click refresh now. that's annoying

Is there still a way I can see "Unread watched threads"? I used that ALL the time!!!
I'm no XF guru, but something like this feels pretty straightforward to me.

Like if "Watched Threads" is:
Code:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/watched/threads

Then "Unread Watched Threads" would be something like:
Code:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/watched/threads?key=unread

or something... :shrug:

I bet it's easy and do-able.