The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trynna flip my sleep schedule for an overnight tomorrow. Rabbit, anyone?

I’ll be there in a bit if I can get a good enough signal!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
True story, was doing a summer student research project involving enrichment for laboratory rabbits. Made the mistake of Googling "rabbit toys" on my work computer... That was an awkward "oh crap close the tab close the tab" moment
Yesterday a coworker came running into the lab giggling because of a similar incident. Somehow she and a higher up (maybe PI?) had gotten into a conversation on co-hibernation of snakes and frogs and while buried in thoughts of how these "natural enemies" share space, she asked "I wonder if anything co-hibernates with bears? Let's Google it!"

First response was an article on a documentary on the co-habitation of 7 bears, so she clicked on it and read the first sentence of the description aloud before running from the room.

"A 'Bear' is defined as a large, hairy, gay man...."

Reactions: 2 users
Who was the girl who played WW back in the day who thought LIS’s voice was sooooo sexy? I thought about that today and am trying to remember. :laugh:

Who was the girl who played WW back in the day who thought LIS’s voice was sooooo sexy? I thought about that today and am trying to remember. :laugh:

I think I saw wolfspeaker say something like that while pawing through the old threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been gone from Vegas for like 5 hours and I already miss the constant free drinks. :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi:
Ooo, deetz on where you stayed, if you gambled and what games, and what shows/restaurants you enjoyed. Only if you want to, of course.

I've been twice but only for work. Haven't really explored the strip thoroughly enough. (It's exhausting as it is lol.)

Ooo, deetz on where you stayed, if you gambled and what games, and what shows/restaurants you enjoyed. Only if you want to, of course.

I've been twice but only for work. Haven't really explored the strip thoroughly enough. (It's exhausting as it is lol.)
We stayed at the Bellagio, but as pretty as it is I wouldn’t recommend. Way too crowded. I think we’ll stay at the Aria or another MLife Hotel.

We did gamble a good bit- went into basically all of the strip hotels and did slots as well as downtown on Fremont Street. I don’t do any of the other games because I like to know the rules/ go on my own terms, and Vegas isn’t the place for it.

Shows- we saw Michael Jackson’s One, and “O”, and they were both very good but very different. But there’s rumors that they’re closing down the Michel Jackson one pretty soon. Not really a show but we did a tour of the Hoover Dam which was interesting but uhh.. my dad told us it was a 6 hour Hoover Dam + Grand Canyon tour because he thought the canyony area (Black Canyon) right after the Dam was the Grand Canyon... it ended up being 8 hours of just the dam which was a lot

Hmmm food. I’ll have to go back and check. Lol. I know we did lunch at Carmine’s (italian) once, dinner at the Prime steakhouse at Bellagio.

I strongly recommend Zumanity! It's cirque de soleil's sex show and super fun. Not with a family though lol.

I find Las Vegas super exhausting and never want to go back after two trips though tbh.

I strongly recommend Zumanity! It's cirque de soleil's sex show and super fun. Not with a family though lol.

I find Las Vegas super exhausting and never want to go back after two trips though tbh.
I've seen Ka before and it was really good. I've heard the same about O. But nothing was better than losing my voice at the tournament of Kings in Excalibur

We stayed at the Bellagio, but as pretty as it is I wouldn’t recommend. Way too crowded. I think we’ll stay at the Aria or another MLife Hotel.
I stayed at Aria my first time to LV and loved it. It felt new, and I loved that everything, lights, curtains, etc. was remote-controlled. I set my alarm to open the blackout curtains and turn on the TV lol. City Center is a neat shopping area. I ate at the seafood place in the middle.. something "Club" can't remember the name. Aria buffet IMO is really pretty good, but I'm easy to please. Caeser's Palace buffet I'm told is the "best" and it was bigger and like $60 instead of $50 but.... meh? It was good and more dimly lit but meh?

I stayed at Mandalay Bay the 2nd time and while it was pretty, it was yuck. It smelled like old, damp, cigarette smoke carpet. And there were a few tiny moths in the room by the curtains. There's a nice huge water park at Mandalay Bay though. The shark aquarium is a MUST. I think it's like only $18?/adult but it was pretty good. It started out sucky and tiny but opened up to bigger areas.

Oh also Aria bathtub/shower layout >> Mandalay Bay layout. These things matter lol. For vegging out and SDN'ing.

Luxor is just ****ing groce. It smells like wet rocks when you go inside, and I hear the rooms suck balls. Same with avoiding Excalibur to stay at.

Bellagio is def crowded af and has lots of clubs and shops. I didn't care for the gambling floor. Felt claustraphobic with the low ceilings and ceiling decorations. And the smell of smokey old carpet.

I'll probably stay there or MGM Grand if I ever go for personal business. Or actually Aria because I'm hooked.

I've only been to one Cirque show (Quidam), part of their premier...traveling show. Haven't been to any of the Vegas stationary shows. Or any other Vegas strip attractions. I pretty much just get wasted af on unlimited free alcohol at work conferences then stay up till 4:30 am with friends then pass out until noon, skipping keynote addresses since they're all on YouTube anyways.

You're very lucky you can go with the fam... all expenses included lol.

Last edited:
I stayed at Aria my first time to LV and loved it. It felt new, and I loved that everything, lights, curtains, etc. was remote-controlled. I set my alarm to open the blackout curtains and turn on the TV lol. City Center is a neat shopping area. I ate at the seafood place in the middle.. something "Club" can't remember the name. Aria buffet IMO is really pretty good, but I'm easy to please. Caeser's Palace buffet I'm told is the "best" and it was bigger and like $60 instead of $50 but.... meh? It was good and more dimly lit but meh?

I stayed at Mandalay Bay the 2nd time and while it was pretty, it was yuck. It smelled like old, damp, cigarette smoke carpet. And there were a few tiny moths in the room by the curtains. There's a nice huge water park at Mandalay Bay though. The shark aquarium is a MUST. I think it's like only $18?/adult but it was pretty good. It started it sucky and tiny but opened up to bigger areas.

Luxor is just ****ing groce. It smells like wet rocks when you go inside, and I hear the rooms suck balls. Same with avoiding Excalibur to stay at.

Bellagio is def crowded af and has lots of clubs and shops. I didn't care for the gambling floor. Felt claustraphobic with the low ceilings and ceiling decorations. And the smell of smokey old carpet.

I'll probably stay there or MGM Grand if I ever go for personal business. Or actually Aria because I'm hooked.

I've only been to one Cirque show (Quidam), part of their premier...traveling show. Haven't been to any of the Vegas stationary shows. Or any other Vegas strip attractions. I pretty much just get wasted af on unlimited free alcohol at work conferences then stay up till 4:30 am with friends then pass out until noon, skipping keynote addresses since they're all on YouTube anyways.

You're very lucky you can go with the fam... all expenses included lol.
Yeah! My dad stayed at Bellagio a couple times and it hooked him to taking us on our summer vacay to actual Bellagio back in 2015 or 16. Really great!

We did the sharks at Mandalay Bay too - it’s up to $25 a person now.

Hy

Drated

Reactions: 4 users
Also, lemme know if rabbit is happening! :)

Hi I'm drated nice to meetcha
(Jk not drunk, just wanted to post that pun)

what is rabbit? caiter already explained kinda but I am curious

what is rabbit? caiter already explained kinda but I am curious
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

Click the link and find out :shifty:

Reactions: 13 users
Come join us. We don’t bite....

Hard.
I tried. Safari wouldn't bite. Might have to boot up chrome or Firefox lol. And I went to Portland to hang with my parents. Maybe tomorrow tho!' Is this a thing where you will all see my face?! :eek::p (Wait many people have including coffee, Stagg, lawps, pickles, mpm, etc lol)

I tried. Safari wouldn't bite. Might have to boot up chrome or Firefox lol. And I went to Portland to hang with my parents. Maybe tomorrow tho!' Is this a thing where you will all see my face?! :eek::p (Wait many people have including coffee, Stagg, lawps, pickles, mpm, etc lol)

Webcam optional!

And yes... I’ve revived chrome for the sole purpose of rabbit Lolol

Reactions: 1 users
wwhw6sP.png

Rabbit 101

What is Rabbit?

Rabbit is a website where you can stream videos/music/etc together with a group. This means SDN movie nights have become very common! There is a chat feature (viewable if you click the text box icon in the bottom right corner) and ability to use both mics and webcams to talk.

What/when do you watch things?
Most nights there is a rabbit room running; check the Watering Hole and usually someone will have posted a link to the one being used that evening. Most of the time we watch movies (Disney is well loved) but sometimes will listen to music, practice presentations, pretend to study... depends on the night! We always welcome new faces.

How do I sign up?
When you go to somebody's room, you should see "Sign Up" in the bottom left corner. Make an account; be warned, Rabbit uses what you put in as "First Name" as your handle (so visible to everybody!), so I recommend putting your username there instead. (My real name is "Trilt Sloth" according to Rabbit, haha). I recommend not connecting it with facebook for that same reason.

Miscellaneous Things
In the middle bottom of the screen, there is a volume slider; next to it is a little icon that says "LD" or "HD." As long as you're on a good internet connection and not using data, click it and pick "HD" for a significantly better viewing experience.

While Rabbit has webcam and mic options, don't worry; you're not obligated to use them. There are many people who only use the chat box! If you do want to chat or turn on video, you simply click the appropriate icons next to your bubble. This will turn the icon orange, meaning it's "on." You can also click on the icons of other people in the room if you would like to mute them (this is very helpful if someone starts to have feedback during a movie).

And lastly, be warned - given the chance, you may find yourself soon spending much too much time watching videos with internet friends. ;)

@ziggyandjazzy