Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/21 and waitlisted today .

How often is it that students are accepted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd love to know the numbers on post-interview admission, waitlist, and rejection. I have not seen many post-interview rejections. Also, it seems like this waitlist is DEEP. Maybe they are only picky pre-interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/21 and accepted!!! First acceptance! I'm stoked!

Reactions: 3 users
I'd love to know the numbers on post-interview admission, waitlist, and rejection. I have not seen many post-interview rejections. Also, it seems like this waitlist is DEEP. Maybe they are only picky pre-interview.
Trust me, they still serve post-interview rejections

Congrats everyone who were accepted! I had a wonderful time interviewing here and met some nice folks in the panel and student committee who spoke to us. (Also, free pizza!)

Bleh sorry guys. I guess my post was hard to understand. By "final review" I meant the review that happens post-interview before acceptance/rejection. I was wondering about the time between interview and rejection. That's what I should have said.

But anyway I've got the answer for at least my personal case. We were told at the interview that the wait would be precisely 10 days.

Congrats everyone who were accepted! I had a wonderful time interviewing here and met some nice folks in the panel and student committee who spoke to us. (Also, free pizza!)

Lol yeah the pizza was pretty good. Students were some straight up dudes and would have told us if there was something they really didn't like, but they actually couldn't come up with much of any problem they had with the school. The one thing they said was there's no windows.

Are you going here?

Lol yeah the pizza was pretty good. Students were some straight up dudes and would have told us if there was something they really didn't like, but they actually couldn't come up with much of any problem they had with the school. The one thing they said was there's no windows.

Are you going here?
Lol kosher pizza was just as good as any pizza I've had.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah but 2 of my friends from UG are going there! I deposited at AZCOM instead.

Are you going here?

Class of 2020 Facebook student group anyone?
There is a FB started already.

It's "Southern Nevada Medical Students 2020"

I am a current TUNCOM student.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite! Scheduled for 3/7 am session.

Complete 11/2
In review: 11/9
Final Review: 12/27
II: 1/19

Stats: 3.4cGPA, 3.5sGPA MCAT 505 (130/122/127/126)

Is this class filled up yet?

Interview invite! Scheduled for 3/7 am session.

Complete 11/2
In review: 11/9
Final Review: 12/27
II: 1/19

Stats: 3.4cGPA, 3.5sGPA MCAT 505 (130/122/127/126)

Is this class filled up yet?

Did they call or email to schedule?

Added TouroNV to my list in October. Thought I could contribute some timeline info:
Complete 10/23
Under review 10/28
Final review 11/23
II 12/30. They were scheduling out to Feb & March when I called to schedule

...did anyone send a LOI after being put on the II-waitlist?

does anyone know how receptive they are to extending the deposit deadline?

I was thinking about doing that, but they specifically said in their email (when they waitlisted me pre-interview) to not send any updates to your application. It says that if they want an update they'll ask for it in a follow up email.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a second tuition deposit and when it's due? It looks like Touro-CA has a second deposit of $1000 due May 15th (if accepted before May 1st), so I'm wondering if TUN requires the same?

Anyone know if there's a second tuition deposit and when it's due? It looks like Touro-CA has a second deposit of $1000 due May 15th (if accepted before May 1st), so I'm wondering if TUN requires the same?
I am 99% sure there is no second tuition deposit. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here apply to Touro NY and/or California as well? Seems that Cali and NY are taking muuuch longer to respond!

Anyone here apply to Touro NY and/or California as well? Seems that Cali and NY are taking muuuch longer to respond!
They definitely are. When were you complete at Touro-CA?

Just got an interview invite from this school 30 minutes ago via email, apparently they are only interviewing 500 people this cycle for 135 spots, and its really competitive!! But I dont know if I will be attending, I need to think it over!

Just got an interview invite from this school 30 minutes ago via email, apparently they are only interviewing 500 people this cycle for 135 spots, and its really competitive!! But I dont know if I will be attending, I need to think it over!

Mind sharing when you got the complete e-mail? It's been over two months and I haven't heard anything yet. Been over a month since I got the final stages e-mail too.

Mind sharing when you got the complete e-mail? It's been over two months and I haven't heard anything yet. Been over a month since I got the final stages e-mail too.
Just wait. I got an II recently.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

anyone get off the interview waitlist?

August 4th: Invitation to submit secondary
September 30: "This confirms receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision "

November 9th: Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision. You will be notified through email if you areeliminated or are invited for a campus interview. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks. We will contact you within two months from this email.

December 27th: Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with an admissions decision. Please look forward to your next notification within a few weeks.

January 26th: Interview Invite

Thanks for the response. You're a bit before me so I'm still hoping for dat II :)

August 4th: Invitation to submit secondary
September 30: "This confirms receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision "

November 9th: Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision. You will be notified through email if you areeliminated or are invited for a campus interview. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks. We will contact you within two months from this email.

December 27th: Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with an admissions decision. Please look forward to your next notification within a few weeks.

January 26th: Interview Invite

LOI right after being put on the waitlist FOR an interview? That seems kind of premature. It sounds more appropriate if you already interviewed, then were placed on the waitlist.

I just got an II yesterday and it's been a LONG wait. I submitted secondary first week of August, was informed my app was finally in review first week of November, placed under final review the last week of December, and finally the II! My stats are not amazing (but I have lots of exp) , which is maybe why I had to wait so long?

Anyways, I just got the interview confirmation and it says that my interview will be 20 minutes with 2 faculty. Is that all for the actual "interview"? I'm well aware that they observe you all day, but a single 20 minute interview is surprising! I'm interviewing March 22nd, which is pretty late. At that point is it pretty much just interviewing for the waitlist? Or does Touro save spots for the later cycle (I know some schools do this).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 3rd year rotation sites for Touro-Ca are available to TUNCOM students? Can you do the third year core rotations in Ca instead of Las Vegas?

Just declined interview invite from this school, after careful thinking, LECOM-B is higher up on my list!

Accepted 1/22, interviewed 1/11!! :happy:Gonna head back to Vegas to checkout Henderson some more. If you guys have any advice on places to see besides the strip, please let me know!!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Hopefully the 1/25 interviewers will hear back some good news.

Interviewing in March. Any tips? I know they use a traditional format.