Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I'm wondering too. Obviously they are not just going to make a decision based solely on if you are there or not, but I thought that maybe it's a good way to let them know that you are still interested? On the other hand, the day seems like its more focused on those who haven't already applied, so that's just why I was wondering if other current applicants will be attending

You can also send a letter of intent if you're still interested in the school.

Members don't see this ad.

You can also send a letter of intent if you're still interested in the school.

As much as I'd like to send a letter of intent to TUNCOM, at the interview they advised against it. They said only academic updates.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to sent a letter of intent to TUNCOM, at the interview they advised against it. They said only academic updates.

Oh. Oops. I forgot about that. :S

Members don't see this ad :)
you're prob right about it being for prospective applicants mostly

Interviewing on March 22nd. Will this be for a Waitlist spot or are there still seats available?

There are definitely seats still available. However, I believe a very small portion of students are getting accepted right now. Mostly waitlist, but we should see significant waitlist movement after they are finished interviewing.

There are definitely seats still available. However, I believe a very small portion of students are getting accepted right now. Mostly waitlist, but we should see significant waitlist movement after they are finished interviewing.

Based on the DO20 Facebook group, I would estimate a little more than half the seats have been given out. Maybe 55-60%. Seeing that some students do not join the group, I would imagine the number of seats taken is slightly higher.

Reactions: 1 users
So, I interviewed here yesterday. I had a VERY tough interview. I'm not expecting good news, but I certainly would like good news.

So, I interviewed here yesterday. I had a VERY tough interview. I'm not expecting good news, but I certainly would like good news.
The questions were tough? Or did you not particularly get along with your interviewers?

Last edited:

Same. I think I had a tough set of interviewers whereas others had a completely different vibe from theirs. Prob the roughest interview I've had throughout this cycle for sure +pity+

I interviewed here and literally answered like 8 out of 10 questions with an "I'm not sure but i dont think our government knows either" and was later accepted. So don't worry about the grilling and feeling terrible! If this schools your number 1, dont lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here and literally answered like 8 out of 10 questions with an "I'm not sure but i dont think our government knows either" and was later accepted. So don't worry about the grilling and feeling terrible! If this schools your number 1, dont lose hope!

I love this answer! XD

Got at interview invite from here yesterday and am pondering whether or not to attend. I've already been lucky enough to garner several acceptances and put down a deposit at MU-COM. Anyone willing to share their thoughts on how you'd proceed if you were in my shoes?

Also, I emailed back right away to schedule an interview but haven't heard back in almost 24 hours. Should I call? How fast did others hear back?

Also, I emailed back right away to schedule an interview but haven't heard back in almost 24 hours. Should I call? How fast did others hear back?

Yes. Their interview invite email says to schedule an interview over the phone.

Yes. Their interview invite email says to schedule an interview over the phone.

Actually it specifically said to email. I then tried to call a few hours later and a recording picked up indicating that if you're trying to schedule your DO interview, you should email per the instructions in the invitation email.

It looks like people have been calling, though, so I'm nervous.. I don't want to blatantly disregard the recording saying to email to schedule, but I also don't want to wait too long. Hmph!

Actually it specifically said to email. I then tried to call a few hours later and a recording picked up indicating that if you're trying to schedule your DO interview, you should email per the instructions in the invitation email.

It looks like people have been calling, though, so I'm nervous.. I don't want to blatantly disregard the recording saying to email to schedule, but I also don't want to wait too long. Hmph!

Looks like they changed it then. Back in October, it was explicitly by calling after receiving that initial email.

I'd give it a couple more days then.

Got at interview invite from here yesterday and am pondering whether or not to attend. I've already been lucky enough to garner several acceptances and put down a deposit at MU-COM. Anyone willing to share their thoughts on how you'd proceed if you were in my shoes?

congrats on the invite! unless youre totally 100% sold on attending MU-COM, i'd interview. Couldn't hurt and you could love it there

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats on the II! What dates did they have available for interviews?

I got rejected post interview. I feel pretty terrible.

sorry to hear that. What do you think went wrong?

My interviewers hated me and the interview couldn't have lasted longer than 15 minutes. I don't know why they didn't allocate more time for interviews.

My interviewers hated me and the interview couldn't have lasted longer than 15 minutes. I don't know why they didn't allocate more time for interviews.
I don't think they hated you. A lot of students have posted that their interview had a "good cop bad cop" thing going on so maybe that was it? That's weird about the 15 minutes though, the email says 20 minutes.

Did they ask you mostly stuff about your application? Or scenario stuff as well?

I don't think they hated you. A lot of students have posted that their interview had a "good cop bad cop" thing going on so maybe that was it? That's weird about the 15 minutes though, the email says 20 minutes.

Did they ask you mostly stuff about your application? Or scenario stuff as well?

A bit of both. Maybe they didn't hate me, but it was CLEAR they did not want to be there. Not really good cop bad cop, but more like bad cop bad cop. I thought I had a great application, hell, I even had a LoR from one of their professors. I don't know, I feel like I wasn't given a fair shot. They literally didn't make eye contact with me and just wrote stuff the entire time. Or maybe they saw I've already been accepted somewhere else so I was less of a priority to them. Whatever it is, I plan on calling them when I cool down (and I really need to cool off, I'm furious) and seeing what happened.

A bit of both. Maybe they didn't hate me, but it was CLEAR they did not want to be there. Not really good cop bad cop, but more like bad cop bad cop. I thought I had a great application, hell, I even had a LoR from one of their professors. I don't know, I feel like I wasn't given a fair shot. They literally didn't make eye contact with me and just wrote stuff the entire time. Or maybe they saw I've already been accepted somewhere else so I was less of a priority to them. Whatever it is, I plan on calling them when I cool down (and I really need to cool off, I'm furious) and seeing what happened.
That's really unfortunate. Let us know what happens!

That's really unfortunate. Let us know what happens!

You know what? I thought about it this weekend after chilling out, and I realized it was time to leave Henderson/Las Vegas, so I'm going to take my acceptance at BCOM and run with it. So I'm at peace now with what happened.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know roughly how many people they waitlist? I've been seeing more waitlist than rejections just based off this forum. When does waitlist movement start?

If I remember right, the admissions committee doesn't start reviewing the wait list until June

Anyone know roughly how many people they waitlist? I've been seeing more waitlist than rejections just based off this forum. When does waitlist movement start?
well, i dont think many people are coming to these forums to post that they got rejected

How many applicants are there on interview day? I just drove by the school and there seem to be like 10 visitor parking spots, tops in front of the school. I drove around and didn't find any other visitor spots but lots of blank spots (but the email says to park in visitor parking).

How many applicants are there on interview day? I just drove by the school and there seem to be like 10 visitor parking spots, tops in front of the school. I drove around and didn't find any other visitor spots but lots of blank spots (but the email says to park in visitor parking).

I believe there are a total of 30 interviewees per day (15 per group). As far as parking, you should be able to park in any parking spot which isn't marked otherwise (reserved, handicap, etc.). It doesn't necessarily have to be a visitor spot.

I believe there are a total of 30 interviewees per day (15 per group). As far as parking, you should be able to park in any parking spot which isn't marked otherwise (reserved, handicap, etc.). It doesn't necessarily have to be a visitor spot.
Wow, 15 per group is tiny! Do they provide food if you're interviewing in the afternoon?

So for those who are looking for places to live for the start of medical school I wanted to give my review of the Edge Apartment on wigwam between Stephanie and Gibson. I was going to write about dogs that bark at all hour or people not picking up after their dogs or the kids who play in the streets and trash everything but I decided to tell you why not to rent there. I left my house 5 minutes ago and looked to the parking lot and there was police tape around a car and two cops were searching the car with gloves 5 feet from my apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Looking at the thread from last year it looks like they were taking people off of the wait list before mid-June. However, it looks like a lot of wait list movement happened mid-June and early July. I'm under the impression that there are a lot of us waitlisters. I also believe that there are still a lot of seats still available. Just gotta hold out hope. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Wow, 15 per group is tiny! Do they provide food if you're interviewing in the afternoon?

Yes, 15 per group is tiny! However, there were two groups when I interviewed. A morning group and an afternoon group. They feed you regardless of which group you're in. The pizza is amazing.

Looking at the DO20 Facebook page, there are 101 members with 1 being the admin. Maybe there are other non-students in the group, but from the current numbers it looks like there are about 35 seats left. There will probably be some people that will decide/have decided NOT to attend TUNCOM but are still in the Facebook group. Purely conjecture here, but I believe they will offer just a few seats per interview group so we would be looking at about 20-25 seats after interviews are completed. Keeping in mind that a few of the currently accepted students may still attend elsewhere, there is a good chance for waitlist movement and subsequent acceptance.

Looking at the DO20 Facebook page, there are 101 members with 1 being the admin. Maybe there are other non-students in the group, but from the current numbers it looks like there are about 35 seats left. There will probably be some people that will decide/have decided NOT to attend TUNCOM but are still in the Facebook group. Purely conjecture here, but I believe they will offer just a few seats per interview group so we would be looking at about 20-25 seats after interviews are completed. Keeping in mind that a few of the currently accepted students may still attend elsewhere, there is a good chance for waitlist movement and subsequent acceptance.
Also keep in mind not everyone uses Facebook! But I appreciate your information :)

Last edited:

Facebook group I can tell you has 30+ current students (2018/19) in the group. Plus I am sure not all people have join the Facebook group. Last August we had people in orientation that did not know about the group.

About wait list movement, we had a few new students in the week up to class start join the class and even one or more during orientation. Now this is unique to my class so take it how you want.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the average MCAT and sGPA is for TUNCOM? Been looking everywhere, but all the data on it is from 2011 or before.

Hi all, I received an email on 3/14 about being placed on the Interview Waitlist for Fall 2016. I didn't know there was such a thing...did any other applicant receive a similar email? And if so, when can I expect some 'movement' in the list?

Does anyone know how the match went for touro students this year?

Last edited: