UC Dublin c/o 2025 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think both, but I’m not sure! Ahh I’m so excited and so nervous!! Yay for hearing soon!!
When I saw I had an email from UCD I panicked 😂 I’m happy that they at least keep us in the loop about when we’ll hear but It makes me anxious that it could be any day this week 🤭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When I saw I had an email from UCD I panicked 😂 I’m happy that they at least keep us in the loop about when we’ll hear but It makes me anxious that it could be any day this week 🤭
Haha I got an email from them last week confirming that they had received a document from me and my heart skipped a beat when I saw “UCD Admissions” 😅. Then I had a really good feeling about hearing this week and got so excited about the email this morning. It was really nice of them to let us know we’ll hear soon. It has been a roller coaster of emotions on my end haha.

• Haha
I was bummed not to hear from them today. The wait is killing me 🥲😭

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I got an email from them last week confirming that they had received a document from me and my heart skipped a beat when I saw “UCD Admissions” 😅. Then I had a really good feeling about hearing this week and got so excited about the email this morning. It was really nice of them to let us know we’ll hear soon. It has been a roller coaster of emotions on my end haha.
I know its so stressful! It's only been a day but has anyone been accepted yet?

Ughhh, i really wanted to hear from them today! The anticipation might literally kill me 😂

Guys, they updated our application statuses!
I received an acceptance!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!!! Mine still says further review, so not all have been updated, but that’s so exciting!!!
Ahhh! Maybe tomorrow then! It was so unexpected, I was just going through my emails and I found the UCD application status change notification in my junk Mail. I received the email at 6:56pm EST. They didn’t send me like an acceptance email or anything like that

I also got my acceptance today! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal because my application status changed. The most nerve wracking 1.5 minutes was then spent trying to open it on my phone lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My junk folder had a new email this morning and I got sooo excited waiting for it to load. Turned out to be an email from a favorite cupcake shop that they are starting a new rewards program.. so good news, just not quite what I was looking for 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
My junk folder had a new email this morning and I got sooo excited waiting for it to load. Turned out to be an email from a favorite cupcake shop that they are starting a new rewards program.. so good news, just not quite what I was looking for 😅
Don’t worry, the one you’re looking for is coming! I don’t think they are going to be emailing us about the acceptances though. It was just like an automated message from the application system stating that my status changed. And I got mine at a time that everyone in Ireland is sleeping so, it’s just weird hahaha

Did everyone upload their mid-year transcript? I just logged on and totally forgot that was an option to upload so idk if I should just wait to hear from them or go ahead and upload it (does it need to be official or can it be unofficial)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone upload their mid-year transcript? I just logged on and totally forgot that was an option to upload so idk if I should just wait to hear from them or go ahead and upload it (does it need to be official or can it be unofficial)?
Yeah i sent mine back in December as soon as my school released them. I’m not sure if they can be unofficial. I sent the official ones and they received them and logged them within a day and a half!

Still says "interview" under my application status... did the interview last month!
Where did you guys send your transcripts to? I'm trying to send official ones in. Thanks!

Still says "interview" under my application status... did the interview last month!
Where did you guys send your transcripts to? I'm trying to send official ones in. Thanks!
I emailed them and never got a response so I just uploaded my unofficial transcript from the fall on the application page. I also haven’t had a status change yet :/

I emailed them and never got a response so I just uploaded my unofficial transcript from the fall on the application page. I also haven’t had a status change yet :/
Yeah me too, since they didn’t reply I just uploaded the unofficial transcripts. Has anyone heard back this week?? The wait is killing me 😓😓😓

Yeah me too, since they didn’t reply I just uploaded the unofficial transcripts. Has anyone heard back this week?? The wait is killing me 😓😓😓
Some folks in the APVMA FB group have heard this morning. I haven’t heard anything. It’s definitely a bit discouraging, but we don’t know until we know! 🤷‍♀️

I got accepted this morning! I posted my unofficial mid year transcript in early Jan.

• Love
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! woop woop! i uploaded my unofficial transcript two weeks ago!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED! it was very nerve-wracking because yesterday I got an email saying I had to send in an elor again for some reason so I was rushing to contact the DVM and everything but then I got accepted this morning conditionally as long as I send in the elor!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I was conditionally accepted this morning as well! :) I was extremely excited to see the email of a status change!

• Love
What program was everyone accepted into? Maybe we’ll all see each other in a few months! (If we end up in Ireland) hahaha

Huge CONGRATULATIONS to those who were accepted!! Out of curiosity, did anyone else still not hear anything?

Last edited:
Yup, me 😔
😕. I was hoping everyone would hear either way by yesterday. Maybe they’re running behind or maybe we’re waitlisted! I would imagine the international waitlist moves a good bit. Best of luck to you @User99! I’m sure we’ll know soon enough.

Any international peeps plan on bringing their pets? Ideally I would like my dog to come with me because I'm not sure who would take care of her in California. I'm not worried about the traveling part, more concerned about housing. Anyone have a plan?

@NatAttack13, I’m in the graduate class! Are you waiting on any other school or is UCD your top pick?

@SprucetheGoose, I have two friends who still haven’t heard either way.

@Clamwich im leaving my sphynx and my dog in the states. At least until I can secure a living situation that allows pets. I have heard it’s challenging to find places, but not impossible. I think there’s a UCD Facebook group for rentals in the surrounding area. Maybe you can check that out and see if anyone has pet friendly housing? Id love to bring my pets.

@NatAttack13, I’m in the graduate class! Are you waiting on any other school or is UCD your top pick?

@Clamwich im leaving my sphynx and my dog in the states. At least until I can secure a living situation that allows pets. I have heard it’s challenging to find places, but not impossible. I think there’s a UCD Facebook group for rentals in the surrounding area. Maybe you can check that out and see if anyone has pet friendly housing? Id love to bring my pets.

I am also in the graduate class! Maybe several of us with pets from the states could get together and find housing super close to campus? LOL don't want to sound too forward but since we are all international and entering the same class...

I’m also in the graduate class! And UCD is ✨secretly✨ my top pick but for my mother I am waiting hahaha. I hear from UF next month so that’ll determine where I’ll be. I hear from Iowa today but I don’t see myself being happy there 🤷🏽‍♀️

I am also in the graduate class! Maybe several of us with pets from the states could get together and find housing super close to campus? LOL don't want to sound too forward but since we are all international and entering the same class...
I would definitely be down for this! Doing anything alone as an international student might stress me out 😂 I also have my pup that I would love to bring. I was looking at student housing but I’m not sure if I can have any pets

I was also accepted to the graduate class! As for the pets I’m sure it shouldn’t be too bad to find housing in the city that allows them. There is really good trains/busses/bike infrastructure in the city so being closer to cool neighborhoods that will be more likely to allow pets should be an easy commute. Look into Dublin 4 and Dublin 6 zones, I’ve found a lot of housing that allow pets there since I’ve been looking into it (I’m bringing my cat 🥰) congrats to you all!!

• Care
I looked into on campus housing and I don't believe they allow any animals unless they are service pets (and emotional service animals aren't recognized). Dublin 4 and 6 is a good tip thanks!

Just got a conditional offer this morning (Graduate entry)!! Don’t lose hope if y’all didn’t hear last week!! They’re still sending out some acceptances today!

Also, daft.ie has a filter for pet friendly places that has been helpful for browsing what’s available. If I accept at Dublin, I would be bringing my husband (if anyone has advice on work visas, please pass it on!) and pup along.

• Love
I also am having trouble understanding how the visa works for partners. I went through the link in the UCD website and it seems like US citizens don't need a visa but that doesn't seem right for a long term situation. However I hope that you will have an easier time then me since he is your legal partner and I am not married to mine. Often times companies will help if its an internal transfer if theres an office in Dublin. I know at my partners company ( he works in tech ) they will do all the visa work for him if he does an internal transfer to Dublin or London.

Also does anyone know if theres any type of offer holders day? Maybe then we can get these questions answered in more detail!

I also am having trouble understanding how the visa works for partners. I went through the link in the UCD website and it seems like US citizens don't need a visa but that doesn't seem right for a long term situation. However I hope that you will have an easier time then me since he is your legal partner and I am not married to mine. Often times companies will help if its an internal transfer if theres an office in Dublin. I know at my partners company ( he works in tech ) they will do all the visa work for him if he does an internal transfer to Dublin or London.

Also does anyone know if theres any type of offer holders day? Maybe then we can get these questions answered in more detail!
I studied abroad in Ireland, so from what I know, as a US citizen you can stay in Ireland for around three months wihtout a visa, but by the end you need a student/working visa. I ended up having to get one since I was there longer and it is a stressful process, but the visa lasts awhile once you get it. Hope that helps!!!

i didn’t get an email, but i checked my application status, and it’s reserve 😬

I'm currently trying to make a pro/con list for Dublin and I was wondering if I posted a google docs link would anyone want to contribute??

I'm currently trying to make a pro/con list for Dublin and I was wondering if I posted a google docs link would anyone want to contribute??
Sure! I'm a prospective student trying to decide! If current students could throw out some pros/cons, that would help a lot!!

I would like to contribute! I am also, thinking of pros and cons

I’m waiting on hearing back from my IS school. If I don’t get in, I’ll be accepting my seat at UCD. What are everyone’s thoughts about living situation? Is it better to live on campus or off? And would anyone accepting their seat at UCD be opposed to finding an apartment with a group of people to make the cost of living more affordable?
I’m from Florida, so moving to another country is like 😬😬😬 And as exciting as it sounds, I’m also terrified 😂 I would really like to bring my dog with me but I think I saw somewhere in here that she can’t live on campus? I don’t know, there’s just so much to consider 🥲

I’m waiting on hearing back from my IS school. If I don’t get in, I’ll be accepting my seat at UCD. What are everyone’s thoughts about living situation? Is it better to live on campus or off? And would anyone accepting their seat at UCD be opposed to finding an apartment with a group of people to make the cost of living more affordable?
I’m from Florida, so moving to another country is like 😬😬😬 And as exciting as it sounds, I’m also terrified 😂 I would really like to bring my dog with me but I think I saw somewhere in here that she can’t live on campus? I don’t know, there’s just so much to consider 🥲
I have been told that it is significantly cheaper to live off campus and that is my plan. I am going to wait until it gets closer though since it seems like most places go up for rent when they are open instead of like here in Kansas where you rent a place a year out. I might even get a temporary homestay with a family and then find a place once I get to Ireland. My friend is in the class of 2024 and has noted it's WAY more expensive in Dublin than here (at least more than small town Kansas). That being said, I am 28 y/o and so I probably also wouldn't really want to live in a dorm setting anyways so it's worth it to me to pay more to live off campus.

Moving with an animal is challenging wherever you go but the public transit seems really great so you could live far away and take a bus in. My friend left her animals with her family and I am going to leave my pets with my partner (at least until I can secure a pet friendly housing that's not astronomical).

Also, if anyone has any questions for me I can ask them to my friends who are there now. They don't know everything but are from North America so they can add some of the moving across the ocean perspective. :)

I found someone's blog on her experience as an international vet student abroad in Dublin! I don't think she updates it as often anymore but there's a ton of great information about the first year.

avetstudentabroad

I've got offer from UCD grad entry , RVC and Bristol. any idea about these?

If anyone has any questions about UCD, feel free to message me! I am a first-year graduate student just about to finish my first year here in Dublin! While my experience has been a bit different due to Covid, I can still help answer any questions you may have.