UC Dublin c/o 2025 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone has any questions about UCD, feel free to message me! I am a first-year graduate student just about to finish my first year here in Dublin! While my experience has been a bit different due to Covid, I can still help answer any questions you may have.
Hello can you tell me more about teaching style and examinations? Also what I should prepare to bring with myself?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if graduates generally go into large animal since dublin has so much agriculture? Or is it like america where most go into private practice/small animal? Specifically curious about those who specialize.

I was wondering if anyone is still learning towards UCD for schools? I still haven't heard back from 2 of the schools that I've applied to, so as of now I'll be going to UCD! I was just interested in maybe getting to know someone who's in the same boat as I am?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone is still learning towards UCD for schools? I still haven't heard back from 2 of the schools that I've applied to, so as of now I'll be going to UCD! I was just interested in maybe getting to know someone who's in the same boat as I am?
Hey there! Several prospective UCD students have connected on the APVMA Facebook page. If you hop on there and search for Dublin, you should find others in the same boat as yourself!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! Several prospective UCD students have connected on the APVMA Facebook page. If you hop on there and search for Dublin, you should find others in the same boat as yourself!
Thank you so much!

Hello can you tell me more about teaching style and examinations? Also what I should prepare to bring with myself?
Heya! So with covid, I'd say my teaching style experience is going to be VASTLY different than what you will expect, so I am not sure I can comment on that. However, the examination style they do here at UCD is that most of your grades are based on 2 exams; a midterm and a final. There is an exception of a few classes here and there with small research projects, etc. to mix into the grade pool. I enjoy it vs. the US Vet school norm of having an exam every 2 weeks or so, too much anxiety for me! Haha

Also forgot to respond to what you should bring, I have tons of suggestions, so feel free to message me with what kinds of things in particular you are thinking of, and I can help!

Prepare for the weather 40-50's, rainy and sunny, windy some days. I always bring my favorite US foods with me since most cannot be found here. Certain OTC meds like Benadryl and whatnot aren't found here so I bring those, etc.

I can recommend a lot, just let me know!

Heya! So with covid, I'd say my teaching style experience is going to be VASTLY different than what you will expect, so I am not sure I can comment on that. However, the examination style they do here at UCD is that most of your grades are based on 2 exams; a midterm and a final. There is an exception of a few classes here and there with small research projects, etc. to mix into the grade pool. I enjoy it vs. the US Vet school norm of having an exam every 2 weeks or so, too much anxiety for me! Haha
thanks for insight

Also forgot to respond to what you should bring, I have tons of suggestions, so feel free to message me with what kinds of things in particular you are thinking of, and I can help!

Prepare for the weather 40-50's, rainy and sunny, windy some days. I always bring my favorite US foods with me since most cannot be found here. Certain OTC meds like Benadryl and whatnot aren't found here so I bring those, etc.

I can recommend a lot, just let me know!
Should I buy stethoscope ? any books you recommend?

Should I buy stethoscope ? any books you recommend?
A stethoscope is not needed really for the 1st year, However, I brought mine over that I had from work. So that is up to you! Many do not have one, however. Bookwise, you don't need any! Luckily there are online PDF versions of all of the textbooks we need!

Hi guys!! I hope everyone is doing well.
I am an international applicant and I received my acceptance from UCD for the 4 year DVM program :))). I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit more detail on how the 4 year program at UCD differs from the 5 year program. I'm aware that first year is different for these students and that they join in with the 2nd and 3rd year students of the 5 year program later on. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice or more information on how to be successful in the 4 year program. Do these students get summers off or do they have to work through the whole year?
Any response will be appreciated!
Thank you!!

Hi guys!! I hope everyone is doing well.
I am an international applicant and I received my acceptance from UCD for the 4 year DVM program :))). I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit more detail on how the 4 year program at UCD differs from the 5 year program. I'm aware that first year is different for these students and that they join in with the 2nd and 3rd year students of the 5 year program later on. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice or more information on how to be successful in the 4 year program. Do these students get summers off or do they have to work through the whole year?
Any response will be appreciated!
Thank you!!
Congrats!! The only difference between the 5 year and 4 year program is just what you said. They have a few differing classes from the 4 year class and join us a little later in the years. The 4 year program is basically the same as college. Sept. to Dec. off Dec-Jan, then on Jan-May, then off May to Sept.

Hi everyone, I officially put down my deposit yesterday woohoo!! For anyone else who has put down their deposit and accepted the offer, did you get any acceptance email after that? The only email I received was the confirmation for the deposit payment. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything!

Can anyone provide insight on housing for international students? I'm an incoming US student and trying to figure out housing seems pretty overwhelming. Ideally I'd like to live off campus with other students but obviously I don't really know anyone yet in my class!

Hi everyone! I'm not sure who all on here is officially going to UCD, but I am, yay! This page has looked really great and I was wondering if anyone has found any other resources on meeting people in the c/o 2025! Also, I am going to be living on campus next year and was wondering if anyone else has that plan as well! Thanks!