Jul 26, 2020
I’m waiting on hearing back from my IS school. If I don’t get in, I’ll be accepting my seat at UCD. What are everyone’s thoughts about living situation? Is it better to live on campus or off? And would anyone accepting their seat at UCD be opposed to finding an apartment with a group of people to make the cost of living more affordable?
I’m from Florida, so moving to another country is like 😬😬😬 And as exciting as it sounds, I’m also terrified 😂 I would really like to bring my dog with me but I think I saw somewhere in here that she can’t live on campus? I don’t know, there’s just so much to consider 🥲

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I’m waiting on hearing back from my IS school. If I don’t get in, I’ll be accepting my seat at UCD. What are everyone’s thoughts about living situation? Is it better to live on campus or off? And would anyone accepting their seat at UCD be opposed to finding an apartment with a group of people to make the cost of living more affordable?
I’m from Florida, so moving to another country is like 😬😬😬 And as exciting as it sounds, I’m also terrified 😂 I would really like to bring my dog with me but I think I saw somewhere in here that she can’t live on campus? I don’t know, there’s just so much to consider 🥲
I have been told that it is significantly cheaper to live off campus and that is my plan. I am going to wait until it gets closer though since it seems like most places go up for rent when they are open instead of like here in Kansas where you rent a place a year out. I might even get a temporary homestay with a family and then find a place once I get to Ireland. My friend is in the class of 2024 and has noted it's WAY more expensive in Dublin than here (at least more than small town Kansas). That being said, I am 28 y/o and so I probably also wouldn't really want to live in a dorm setting anyways so it's worth it to me to pay more to live off campus.

Moving with an animal is challenging wherever you go but the public transit seems really great so you could live far away and take a bus in. My friend left her animals with her family and I am going to leave my pets with my partner (at least until I can secure a pet friendly housing that's not astronomical).

Also, if anyone has any questions for me I can ask them to my friends who are there now. They don't know everything but are from North America so they can add some of the moving across the ocean perspective. :)

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
Oct 8, 2020
I found someone's blog on her experience as an international vet student abroad in Dublin! I don't think she updates it as often anymore but there's a ton of great information about the first year.

avetstudentabroad

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads