uchicago vs. yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yale vs. Uchicago

• Yale

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Uchicago

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

imdanumb1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really like both.
Uchicago gave about 95% tuition. Not sure about Yale's financial aid yet.
Curricula are different, but I can work with both.
Like both cities.
Both prestigious, but Yale arguably more so.
I am interested in an MPH, and psych/neuro.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

btw gunners waitlisted at either school, please don't vote.

btw gunners waitlisted at either school, please don't vote.

95% tuition to go to a Top 12 school? Is there any debate? I think Yale is more prestigious/has a cooler curriculum. But even given UChicago's location...it's still in CHICAGO...it has awesomely chill students, brand new hospital being erected, great research and support, etc. I don't see how you could turn it down given the financial incentive.

Members don't see this ad :)
was this 95% tuition all financial aid or was some of it merit-based scholarship?

I didn't apply to these schools, but from a removed perspective Pritzker seems like the best option. Two main reasons for that choice: generous financial aid to a very good school, and location.

Yale might be more of a brand name, but I've heard New Haven is not all that hot. Chicago is a mighty megalopolis. You'd have some money left over to go out (when time permits) in a really cool city!

I vote to wait and see what Yale gives you. But that's just me...you can't go wrong either way.:thumbup:

Wait for Yale's financial aid before deciding. When money becomes less of an issue, see which one makes you more excited.

Unless Yale gives you ~80% full tuition, go with UChicago unless something about Yale completely draws you there.

I think I would like Chicago much better than New Haven, anyway.

Unless Yale gives you ~80% full tuition, go with UChicago unless something about Yale completely draws you there.

Congrats!!!

i think you will be great at either. Take the best financial situation OR wherever you think you will be the most comfortable.

After that it is hard work / personality / boards that will get you to the next level (unless you are thinking research, which I wouldn't know what leads to success in research).

Yeah, I agree both schools are similar in many ways. I lean towards Yale. However, money is important so I would at least wait it out.

this. the two biggest factors for me are location and money, so if you honestly like both and could see yourself happy at either, i say chicago.

an almost free ride to a top 20 school that you're happy with = :D:D:D:thumbup:

I'm on the waitlist at UChicago, but I voted anyways. I love that school and I'm still :xf: to get in. BIG congrats on your acceptance and awesome fin. aid award there! Hopefully I can join you next Fall.

I'm on the waitlist at UChicago, but I voted anyways. I love that school and I'm still :xf: to get in. BIG congrats on your acceptance and awesome fin. aid award there! Hopefully I can join you next Fall.

Thanks. I wish you the best! I think i will be there in the fall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.