UK/Irish Vet Schools c/o 2022 (Hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an invite to interview for Edinburgh. :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my Glasgow acceptance this morning! Best Black Friday EVER :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received my interview invitation for The Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh on November 21 for an interview in NY!

Have you heard anything re details of the mmi's? I'm nervous!
I am unsure of what to expect from the interview? The numeracy section? Scientific Data Interpretation?

Reactions: 1 user
I am unsure of what to expect from the interview? The numeracy section? Scientific Data Interpretation?

I attended the Edinburgh admissions webinar a few months ago and they said the numeracy section was just a math calculation exercise. They also emphasized that if you feel you did poorly on a single station, you should just put it behind you for the rest of the stations. It's meant to be a relaxed environment and overall a chill experience :)

I attended the Edinburgh admissions webinar a few months ago and they said the numeracy section was just a math calculation exercise. They also emphasized that if you feel you did poorly on a single station, you should just put it behind you for the rest of the stations. It's meant to be a relaxed environment and overall a chill experience :)
Thank you so much! Im hoping everything goes well :)

Scientific date interpretation... I have a vision of myself blankly staring at a graph.

Got waitlisted for Glasgow, I wonder what the odds of getting off the waitlist are

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview from the Royal Veterinary College a while back. Has anyone else?

Does anyone know if Edinburgh takes into account this Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semester for overall GPA calculation?

Has anyone heard from RVC yet?! I know they said at the interview that they would send out a handful of offers before Christmas- Congrats if you received one! That's what I want for Christmas this year ... ha ha.

Reactions: 1 users
You guys!!!! I Just got a conditional offer from RVC- BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!! I just yelled inappropriately at work, ha ha. I cannot believe I have an offer! I never thought this day would come!!!!!!!!! ( I even read the email over and over, I'm still kind of worried that they will send me an "oops, sorry, jk" email...) ***Insert ecstatic-dancing-emoji-like-thing that I don't know how to make here***

Reactions: 5 users
You guys!!!! I Just got a conditional offer from RVC- BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!! I just yelled inappropriately at work, ha ha. I cannot believe I have an offer! I never thought this day would come!!!!!!!!! ( I even read the email over and over, I'm still kind of worried that they will send me an "oops, sorry, jk" email...) ***Insert ecstatic-dancing-emoji-like-thing that I don't know how to make here***
Yayyyy!!! Congrats!!

does anyone know if we can still apply to UCD? it says on their website NA residents that didn't submit before VMCAS closed can still apply directly through their online application, but some aspects of it are confusing lol

does anyone know if we can still apply to UCD? it says on their website NA residents that didn't submit before VMCAS closed can still apply directly through their online application, but some aspects of it are confusing lol
I have read that too...but I don't know how it works exactly. I think it must be through the same online portal that the supplemental app was submitted through. If you email the admissions office they are super duper helpful with any questions!

Sent from my LG-K210 using SDN mobile app

would you mind posting stats :) also what is a conditional offer if you don't mind me asking?

would you mind posting stats :) also what is a conditional offer if you don't mind me asking?
Not at all! I posted in the general successful applicants page just now. I don't know if other schools do this or not- but a conditional offer is just an offer of admission contingent upon you completing something for them- My condition is that I finish all coursework currently underway, which is just an online physics course (taking because it was the only prerequisite I didn't take as an undergrad). Oh, and pay the deposit of course, ha ha.

Is anyone interviewing in California next week for Glasgow? I'll be there on Tuesday!

Does anyone know if Edinburgh requires an upper division nutrition course? I looked on the website and did not see anything, but I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

ACCEPTED TO RVC!!!!

ACCEPTED TO RVC IM FREAKING OUT HOLY **** !!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
THIS IS STRAIGHT UP THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Ok thanks! Hoping I'm lucky enough to get that same email. Seriously, great job!! Must feel amazing
Thank you!! I remember during my interview they said they send emails out in waves all the way to the end of February so don’t give up hope! My fingers are crossed for you :hardy:

Hello!
Has anyone who interviewed with UCD in New York or San Francisco heard anything back yet?

Has anyone interviewing for Edinburgh found practice/sample questions?

Does anyone know UCD’s actual deadline for US residents if you’re applying through their application and not VMCAS? Or when they stop sending out interview invitations?

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone is going to the offer-holder days at RVC? I am trying to decide between RVC and Glasgow, and I feel like I should at least visit each campus before making a decision. Will anyone else be at the February student day? Have you received any information about it yet? Also, Has anyone made a decision so far about RVC or Glasgow?

Hey guys I am at a dilemma here, I thought I would hear back from RVC by now, and they are my #1 choice, however UoSydney starts next month and I really have to start on my student visa and look for housing there. Any suggestion

Hey guys I am at a dilemma here, I thought I would hear back from RVC by now, and they are my #1 choice, however UoSydney starts next month and I really have to start on my student visa and look for housing there. Any suggestion
Yikes you really are pressed for time. If it were me I’d hold out for the RVC. Did you applying anywhere else?

Has anyone who interviewed in NYC or San Francisco heard from UCD? Or heard any updated timeline on when we might hear something?

I still haven't heard from RVC. Interviewed in November. Is anyone else in the same boat

Not sure how many of you get notifications when new threads are posted or frequently check the main pre-vet forum page for new threads, but this was just posted about one of the student housing options at RVC so I just wanted to make sure you guys who were accepted (congrats btw!) saw this so you don’t have the same bad experience as this person :)

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) Student Housing

Has anyone who interviewed in NYC or San Francisco heard from UCD? Or heard any updated timeline on when we might hear something?
Hi! I interviewed in NYC in January and I haven’t heard a thing. It seems like in previous years, applicants heard back right away. Perhaps they are just a bit slower this year? (So anxious).

Not sure how many of you get notifications when new threads are posted or frequently check the main pre-vet forum page for new threads, but this was just posted about one of the student housing options at RVC so I just wanted to make sure you guys who were accepted (congrats btw!) saw this so you don’t have the same bad experience as this person :)

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) Student Housing
Thanks otter you da real MVP :woot:

I still haven't heard from RVC. Interviewed in November. Is anyone else in the same boat

Hey, I interviewed in November in California and heard back on Monday that I was accepted! I'm sure you'll be hearing really soon!