University of Tennessee c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is bacT? LOL I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Masters in Veterinary Public Health they offer? It doesn't look like it's a combined degree, like I've seen some other universities offer. I was considering going in the public health direction.
bacT = bacteriology

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What is bacT? LOL I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Masters in Veterinary Public Health they offer? It doesn't look like it's a combined degree, like I've seen some other universities offer. I was considering going in the public health direction.
bacT is bacteriology

Members don't see this ad :)
The MPH program is a dual degree program. You take the MPH classes at the same time as you vet school classes. Depending on how gung ho you are, it is possible to finish both in four years. Although, most people take an extra semester after vet school to finish.

The MPH program is a dual degree program. You take the MPH classes at the same time as you vet school classes. Depending on how gung ho you are, it is possible to finish both in four years. Although, most people take an extra semester after vet school to finish.

Thanks for the info! It was hard to tell from the website.

3 people just finished theirs before graduating. It's possible, but be prepared to suffer.

Does anyone know how UT interviews go? Length, behavioral, type of questions, etc?? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know how UT interviews go? Length, behavioral, type of questions, etc?? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

They are about 23-30 min. 3 people will be interviewing you. Questions are based on your application, plus others (current events, tell us about a time when you x,y,z. Etc).

Would any current students be willing to share some of the places where students live? My interview is this coming week and I would like to look a little while I'm in Knoxville.

You'll get a packet which includes housing info. But pretty much anywhere in Knox is fair game, except the fort area, waaaaay too many undergrads.

You'll get a packet which includes housing info. But pretty much anywhere in Knox is fair game, except the fort area, waaaaay too many undergrads.
Thanks! And good to know to stay away from the fort area - I'm too old for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! And good to know to stay away from the fort area - I'm too old for that.
You're welcome! I'll be there each day to talk to prospective students and answer questions. Don't be shy, say hi! I'm a blonde female and will have a slytherin lanyard holding my nametag (and my name starts with the same letter as my Screen name )

You're welcome! I'll be there each day to talk to prospective students and answer questions. Don't be shy, say hi! I'm a blonde female and will have a slytherin lanyard holding my nametag (and my name starts with the same letter as my Screen name )
I'll definitely have to try to say hi!

Hey UT interviewees! My name is Timothy and I'm one of the second-year students who will be hanging out with you all Monday and Tuesday. If you have any questions now or then, I would be happy to help. I will see you all in a few days!

Good Luck to all UTCVM interviewees! My experience with the interview process was very good. The interviewers were very friendly. Make sure you brush up on things you talk about in your personal statement. They are likely to ask about these things. Last year, my understanding was that the personal statement was they only information that the interviewers had regarding the applicants. Not 100% on this, but that is what I was told after the fact by others. It does make sense given the questions that I was asked.

Good Luck to all UTCVM interviewees! My experience with the interview process was very good. The interviewers were very friendly. Make sure you brush up on things you talk about in your personal statement. They are likely to ask about these things. Last year, my understanding was that the personal statement was they only information that the interviewers had regarding the applicants. Not 100% on this, but that is what I was told after the fact by others. It does make sense given the questions that I was asked.
Do you happen to remember how long the tour was? I'm not sure I'll have time for the 2 pm tour since my interview is at 4

Hi everyone! I hope if you've interviewed already you really enjoyed your visit and that your interviews went well!

If you are interviewing on Saturday, I'll see you then! Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, on the thread or in a PM. I look forward to meeting more of you. :)

Reactions: 1 users
1) @Jamr0ckin is awesome ;)
2) Does anyone know where exactly we are supposed to send our fall transcripts? I swear I knew at some point but now I can't find that info.

1) this is true
2)i believe you send them to 2407 river dr Knoxville tn 37996. Attn admissions

I heard through the grapevine, that the class of 2019 has been selected, so I guess notifications should start coming pretty soon. Good luck everyone, hope to see you next year!!

Hey I forget will they email or snail mail??

Ahhhh! So soon! Any idea of when they'll let us know? Sometime next week maybe?

Ahhhh! So soon! Any idea of when they'll let us know? Sometime next week maybe?
Potentially; the notification letters are supposed to be "mailed by the beginning of February," so time is short if the deadline is to be met

When I got accepted two years ago, I got my acceptance email the day before my wedding. And I had a bridesmaid and a good friend attending who also applied and both got in. There are so many ways that day could have been ruined, it still makes me nervous thinking about it.

With that in mind, good luck to you all!

Any news on when we should be hearing from them?!

Has anyone heard anything? Will they send emails and letters for acceptances, rejections, and wait list?

I haven't heard anything yet. But on the info sheet given at interviews it says mail and email no later than Feb 15th. I've also heard that they have already picked the class for 2019 so I am hoping we should hear from them relatively soon!

I was browsing last year's thread and it looks like acceptances were sent out (email and snail mail) one day, the Tuesday of the week before the 15th, and waitlists/rejections were sent out the next day. I'm sure we'll hear back sometime this week.

Reactions: 2 users
I was browsing last year's thread and it looks like acceptances were sent out (email and snail mail) one day, the Tuesday of the week before the 15th, and waitlists/rejections were sent out the next day. I'm sure we'll hear back sometime this week.

Anxiously waiting...I wonder if that means we will find out tomorrow??

Ahhh just got the email!! OOS accepted!

IS accepted!!!!!!!!!! So excited :)

Just got an acceptance email!! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
OOS waitlisted. I have two other acceptances already though, so I'll be giving up my spot on the waitlist. Hopefully that helps someone else move up! Congrats to everyone who got in, and best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Accepted OOS!!! Ahhh first acceptance yet! Congrats to everyone accepted as well!