University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure exactly what a "traditional MMI" is, but I'll say you get about 2 minutes to read a prompt, and 8 minutes to answer the question between several different interviewers in a round-robin style.

Do you have to use the entire 8 minutes? What happens if you stop?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. Interviewed 11/4. Good thing I'm already accepted to KCU. Guess I didn't do as well in the MMI as i thought

Rejected. Interviewed 11/4. Good thing I'm already accepted to KCU. Guess I didn't do as well in the MMI as i thought

sorry dude I feel ya, I thought I did well but got placed on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today! Completed secondary around mid September and interviewed 11/4. This school has a cool mission statement and vision, but I will be declining my acceptance to attend Texas Tech. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how many people they place on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my invitation after pushing it back twice. The day I cancelled for is 12/9/2016. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my invitation after pushing it back twice. The day I cancelled for is 12/9/2016. Good luck.
I am torn between attending my interview for that day. How did you go about pushing your date back?

You have to call admissions

Gotcha. Thanks I will probably call them on Monday. I just have so much going on in December that it's tough. Did they ask a reason for rescheduling?

Gotcha. Thanks I will probably call them on Monday. I just have so much going on in December that it's tough. Did they ask a reason for rescheduling?
I don't think they asked.

No. Just a few in December

Just rescheduled my interview to 01/13. Anyone else going to be there?

Hey all, for those of you who have had interviews here, are the MMIs run by professors who role play or do they just listen to your response? I know you read the prompt outside the room, but do they respond to statements you make with additional comments, feedback, or follow up questions, or do they just let you answer the question for the entire time and just take notes?

Last edited:
Hey all, for those of you who have had interviews here, are the MMIs run by professors who role play or do they just listen to your response? I know you read the prompt outside the room, but do they respond to statements you make with additional comments, feedback, or follow up questions, or do they just let you answer the question for the entire time and just take notes?

The MMIs are mostly run by professors or other people associated with the school. Normally there are follow up questions that are both generic and questions that were also be tailored to your response. Moderators do not give feedback on how you are doing. They let you answer the entire time but I wouldn't recommend rambling for the full 8 minutes. Make your answers clear, concise, and confident. I interviewed on 11/4 so I don't remember a lot but I am sure that most of the moderators did not take notes while you're speaking to them. (Don't quote me because there a LOT of different moderators since there will be 50 other applicants the same day divided into 3 groups) Also, a few of them are emotionless but that's going with the whole MMI format so don't use that to gauge how good your answers are. Just be confident! It was overall almost a fun experience for me! Accepted on the 23rd!

Reactions: 2 users
So I called about rescheduling my interview. There are no available dates in January, but there are for February. I'm just waiting on my email confirmation.

Edit, rescheduled for January.

Last edited:
For those who interviewed in October and were accepted already, is there any student handbook yet or any new information that the school has supplied?

For those who interviewed in October and were accepted already, is there any student handbook yet or any new information that the school has supplied?

I was told within 30 days of paying the deposit. I won't know until around 12/11. Not sure about the people who were accepted from the September interviews

I was told within 30 days of paying the deposit. I won't know until around 12/11. Not sure about the people who were accepted from the September interviews

I called them earlier today. They will be sending out more information in the coming weeks to those who accepted.

Just rescheduled my interview to 01/13. Anyone else going to be there?
I postponed my interview date to that date as well. I hope I find a DO to shadow by then. Are you OOS? I just looked up flight tickets from San Jose to San Antonio, and they are more expensive than usual. :/ Should I wait?

So I called about rescheduling my interview. There are no available dates in January, but there are for February. I'm just waiting on my email confirmation.

Edit, rescheduled for January.

When were you initially scheduled?

I postponed my interview date to that date as well. I hope I find a DO to shadow by then. Are you OOS? I just looked up flight tickets from San Jose to San Antonio, and they are more expensive than usual. :/ Should I wait?

Yes I am OOS. Coming from Nashville. I am not sure when I will book my flight. May even drive. Not sure yet.

So who all has an interview next week on 12/09? Please PM me so we could possibly go have dinner the night before!

I was just curious if any accepted people are thinking of dropping their acceptance before the upcoming deadline this month?

I am interviewing here on 12/10. For those of you that have interviewed, how long does it take for the decision to get back to you?

Also, do we know how many people they are interviewing in total?

I am interviewing here on 12/10. For those of you that have interviewed, how long does it take for the decision to get back to you?

Scheduled interview on 9/23, interviewed 10/21, and received acceptance 11/11

Before the schedule interview email, primary received 7/29, supplemental complete 9/23, and application complete 9/30

Got waitlisted, was expected as I knew I fumbled that interview. Guess I ran into the problem of talking for too long. Make sure you keep your answers concise (<2 mins)!
I saw in the BCOM thread that oh were accepted there. So did you accept UIWSOM waitlist offer?

Has anyone received any II's lately from UIWSOM? The thread seems quiet.

I'm interviewing tomorrow, 12/10. Is anyone interested in grabbing dinner tonight to break the ice a little before the interview? Offers open to anyone interviewing today as well, the more the merrier.

BTW, good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Withdrew my application yesterday before my interview date. Good luck everyone!

Hey, guys! I'm a slightly non-traditional applicant (graduated a few years ago who got a Masters first) and I just today found out about UIWCOM accepting apps this cycle!! I otherwise only applied TMDSAS as staying in-state is necessary for personal reasons. I know that this application (per AACOMAS) is open until April but is it even worth it to apply now? Will they still be looking at new applications? Thanks!

Hey, guys! I'm a slightly non-traditional applicant (graduated a few years ago who got a Masters first) and I just today found out about UIWCOM accepting apps this cycle!! I otherwise only applied TMDSAS as staying in-state is necessary for personal reasons. I know that this application (per AACOMAS) is open until April but is it even worth it to apply now? Will they still be looking at new applications? Thanks!

I think at this point it really depends how strong your stats are. Would you say you are a competitive applicant? (GPA and MCAT)