2019-2020 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG! Accepted a few minutes ago!!! Definitely a gift for thanksgiving. Hope you guys receive your Christmas gift soon!!!
All the best :soexcited: :clap:
Congratulations!!!! OMG. Ur performance must be really outstanding!!!
Such great news, Cyberdoc2077! I wonder if anyone else from our group has received anything yet!
*Bites nails* And if I will...

Congratulations! You deserve it!
Hope I get the acceptance offer too. I am waiting and I really need it

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my God. The endless waiting drives me crazy. Does anyone receive any news since @Cyberdoc2077 got his offer?
Cyberdoc is all alone in the facebook group. They should stop making him lonely and add the rest of us! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Cyberdoc is all alone in the facebook group. They should stop making him lonely and add the rest of us! :p
Lmao. I wish I can join him
Duke-NUS should be more humanistic. Don't leave somebody alone and let's us all know the result on the same day. Haha
I can't control myself to send an email to ask the admission office. Jk :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Lmao. I wish I can join him
Duke-NUS should be more humanistic. Don't leave somebody alone and let's us all know the result on the same day
I can't control myself to send an email to ask the admission office
Maybe they’re really looking out for some of us. I mean, as long as I’m worried about not getting in, I keep my GPA up lol

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on 14 Oct, accepted on 20 Nov, took this long to register the acceptance

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed on 14 Oct, accepted on 20 Nov, took this long to register the acceptance
Congrats! Some of the current students on the interview day said it usually takes about a month to hear back from the school. Based on what you and the current student said, I guess everyone should expect a month at least!

Last edited:
Congrats! Some of the current students on the interview day said it usually takes about a month to hear back from the school. Based on what you said, I guess everyone should expect a month at least!
Thank you, and for the benefit of those who have yet to attend the applicant day, the team will explain why it takes a month at minimum for the good or bad news to arrive. If waitlisted, then it'll take longer, so I'm sure those who haven't heard back are not out of consideration yet!

Hahaha!!! I have been waiting lonely and I am secretly saving spots for you guys!!! Pray for everyone :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congratulations!!! We must have meet on the same interview. Embryo and Aktak were also interviewed on the same day with us. I really hope everyone in our interview group will get in!!!

Who is excited for this week!? C’mon, adcom! Show us some love!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Wow, congratulations!!! We must have meet on the same interview. Embryo and Aktak were also interviewed on the same day with us. I really hope everyone in our interview group will get in!!!
Yep I remember, t'was great meeting you guys! Hope everyone gets some good news soon.

As the waiting time gets longer, I find myself becoming more neurotic lol. I hope you all forget about the admission offers for now and just enjoy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Did ya’ll get the marketing email about an hour or so ago and freak out at first?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Hello everyone. I submitted my GAMSAT results on 8 Nov and received acknowledgement of my completed application on 14 Nov. I just received an invite for the Dec applicant day today. Anyone else? :)

Last edited:
During the endless waiting of my offer...I have some time to reflect on why I want to pursue medicine which I believe we have thought about this question for so many times before the interview. At the same time, I keep telling myself it is the best time to think about it again because I wouldn't have time to reflect on this when I enter med school or working. My answer at this current stage is simple; I just want to acquire a skill that saves someone's life and dedicate my life to do something meaningful. That's it. This simple dream empowers me to study hard for these few years.
How about you guys? Let's share to release some stress~The waiting almost drive me crazy, haha~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
During the endless waiting of my offer...I have some time to reflect on why I want to pursue medicine which I believe we have thought about this question for so many times before the interview. At the same time, I keep telling myself it is the best time to think about it again because I wouldn't have time to reflect on this when I enter med school or working. My answer at this current stage is simple; I just want to acquire a skill that saves someone's life and dedicate my life to do something meaningful. That's it. This simple dream empowers me to study hard for these few years.
How about you guys? Let's share to release some stress~The waiting almost drive me crazy, haha~

Aww sweet

Mine is rather simple too: medical science saved my life, literally gave me a second lease of life. And I hope to dedicate this second chance to make the same difference to others out there.

Still no offer. :/ Nearly Christmas.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Received an offer this evening. Interviewed on 16 Sep.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Received an offer today too!
Dear fellow October applicants, hang in there! You guys have been so so supportive in this wait and I'm looking forward to seeing you all next year:))

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations on receiving your offers future doctors! You must be so happy, please take a well-deserved break!

Cyberdoc, jytherock and I have a Facebook group for fellow future classmates, please drop me a PM if you'd like to hang out while waiting for the rest :) cheers!

Congratulations on receiving your offers future doctors! You must be so happy, please take a well-deserved break!

Cyberdoc, jytherock and I have a Facebook group for fellow future classmates, please drop me a PM if you'd like to hang out while waiting for the rest :) cheers!
Congratulations to those who just received the offer! Job well done!!!

For those still waiting for great news, hang in there!!!

Silence is deafening. Lolz

I applied for the MD-PhD programme, got an offer the same time as M.zee.13 and TehCkosong

• Love
@aquietplace Congratulations!
I applied for MD-PhD too
I interviewed on September 30
When was your interview?
Could you share your stats, research and volunteering experience?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks:) They will only notify about the PhD portion a few months later.

My interview was on the 30th of Sept as well, we could have met!!
About 100hrs of volunteering experience, but I work doing research in an institute so I guess I have some work experience(~2 years).
Did decently well for my bachelors, MCAT was ~80th percentile.
I am a re-applicant though

I don't think I have any other things that are outstanding in my opinion.

Don't lose hope guys:)!!

:)
Thank you for the reply
Yup just waiting
Got an email that says a webinar exclusive for early applicants. Wondering if the selected ones got it too?

Reactions: 1 user
No offer yet. Thus the webinar email is puzzling to me. I wish they can tell us results earlier (accept/reject). :/

Can’t attend the webinar anyway since it happens on a workday morning.

No offer yet. Thus the webinar email is puzzling to me. I wish they can tell us results earlier (accept/reject). :/

Can’t attend the webinar anyway since it happens on a workday morning.
lol yes but I doubt I am just being too neurotic and try to interpret literally anything related to application

Is the portal down for the rest of you?

No :) Just googled to find there is a snake! I just made it up with my name and hobbies

Pretty small group today for Applicant’s Day. Joining everyone here in the wait now. All the best everyone and wishing everybody an early Merry Christmas! :happy: