Waitlist help --JHU and Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djtanner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am very fortunate to be on the waitlists at JHU and Cornell. I am also already accepted at UVA and UMD. Maryland resident. I think I am going to go with UVA out of the schools I have been accepted at. Just not sure whether to pursue either JHU or Cornell with a LOI. It would be a great career opportunity if I got in to either of them, especially bc I want to keep the door open for specialization. Can anyone offer advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I am very fortunate to be on the waitlists at JHU and Cornell. I am also already accepted at UVA and UMD. Maryland resident. I think I am going to go with UVA out of the schools I have been accepted at. Just not sure whether to pursue either JHU or Cornell with a LOI. It would be a great career opportunity if I got in to either of them, especially bc I want to keep the door open for specialization. Can anyone offer advice?
If you don't mind staying in Maryland, JHU probably edges Cornell. Go wherever it would end up being cheaper would be my advice for those 2 great schools (assuming you get into both). Congrats on the acceptances!

I suggest you withdraw from both immediately as I am waitlisted at both as well.

Lol. Seriously though, I remember JHU saying specifically they do not care about LOI... something like we expect anyone who applied here to have full interest in matriculating. Also, it seems to be consensus on sdn that medical school do not care about LOI unless in the case where you are already accepted at better school than the waitlist.