You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Weill Cornell
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PremedKid4
Full Member
I believe the number actuallyI really hope that's true, it would be a dream to attend
Stony states 1/3rd of their entering class was off the waitlist last year
People who get into cornell usually also get into other top tier schools
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
I believe the number actually
Stony states 1/3rd of their entering class was off the waitlist last year
People who get into cornell usually also get into other top tier schools
premed74632
Full Member
I’m done having hope. My mindset now is if anything good happens, great. But not expecting anything
Is anyone else not able to join the slack group?
hmm me too
Try opening it on a computer browser rather than your phone if that was what you were initially trying. That fixed the problem for me!Is anyone else not able to join the slack group?
D
deleted1124754
Hi! I was recently accepted and was wondering where I could find the aforementioned slack group.Is anyone else not able to join the slack group?
Additionally, is there another location I would need to accept the offer? I understand that there is an accepted student reply form, but besides that and the deposit, I am currently confused about what needs to be completed.
Thank you!
The link to the slack came in the same email with the accepted student weekend RSVPHi! I was recently accepted and was wondering where I could find the aforementioned slack group.
Additionally, is there another location I would need to accept the offer? I understand that there is an accepted student reply form, but besides that and the deposit, I am currently confused about what needs to be completed.
Thank you!
D
deleted1124754
Aha there it isThe link to the slack came in the same email with the accepted student weekend RSVP
I’m excited to meet y’all!
itsdablaze
Full Member
Got an email earlier today confirming my waitlist response has been received. Here’s to more waiting!
premed74632
Full Member
Anyone not get the email yet?^
rizzologist
New Member
if i sent a letter of interest/update letter before decisions and after interviews is it overkill/unnecessary to send one after getting waitlisted?WL this morning as well. Honestly not too mad, but I already sent a letter of intent so now I've got to get busy so I can write a good update letter. Congrats to the As!
Got mine a few hours after that post, so I'm guessing they're working through the responses stillAnyone not get the email yet?^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
I also did not get a response for my alternate list form. I completed it the second I received it. Should I resend another or email them?
I would start working on fin aid too since it said apps are due around March 17thHi! I was recently accepted and was wondering where I could find the aforementioned slack group.
Additionally, is there another location I would need to accept the offer? I understand that there is an accepted student reply form, but besides that and the deposit, I am currently confused about what needs to be completed.
Thank you!
D
deleted1124754
I just completed the fin aid! Just for clarification purposes, would it be correct to think that there is no short (2,3 week) deadline to accept the offer, but instead, hold the acceptance until the deposit date?I would start working on fin aid too since it said apps are due around March 17th
I'm just slightly confused because the other schools that I have been accepted to have asked me to accept their offer within a certain time frame.
Thank you!
yeah I emailed admissions they said the deadline for the form is May 1I just completed the fin aid! Just for clarification purposes, would it be correct to think that there is no short (2,3 week) deadline to accept the offer, but instead, hold the acceptance until the deposit date?
I'm just slightly confused because the other schools that I have been accepted to have asked me to accept their offer within a certain time frame.
Thank you!
Mangolover1
New Member
I also haven’t gotten it yet and completed it immediatelyI also did not get a response for my alternate list form. I completed it the second I received it. Should I resend another or email them?
haha np. yeah nothing to do, but you should do your fin aid stuff! Form, CYMS, and deposit all by May 1Sorry, just to make sure - we don't have to do anything to hold the acceptance as long as we submit the form by May 1st? Is the deposit date also May 1st? I was totally zoning out this weekend after activating the CWID/looking into fin aid
RagnarBean
New Member
Just got the WL confirmation email today. I also submitted my response right away.
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Got the response as well
FlauntyDuke4
Full Member
Has anyone else not received the WL confirmation email? I submitted it about an hour after receiving it.
yep! Those sound like they would be fine. Def shoot an email to confirm tho!future applicant lurking here. do you guys know if cornell is strict about their literature requirement? would a writing seminar or other writing-intensive humanities course replace it? did anyone here get in w/o a lit class
hello! I sent an update letter before decisions came out and then got waitlisted. Do you guys think that it is okay to send a letter of intent to them (this is my top choice), because I have nothing much to update them on other than getting A small promotion. Like would they want me to outright tell them that I will go to their school?
Just passing through here. Yes, if I were you I would send a letter of intent and explain why I love their school in detail (about 3 paragraphs in total from update to why I would attend). If you can replace "Cornell" with "Harvard" or "Yale", then the LOI isn't genuine. Never hurts to try 🙂hello! I sent an update letter before decisions came out and then got waitlisted. Do you guys think that it is okay to send a letter of intent to them (this is my top choice), because I have nothing much to update them on other than getting A small promotion. Like would they want me to outright tell them that I will go to their school?
PremedKid4
Full Member
Does anyone have any insight into movement from Cornells waitlist (e.g. if the "40% of previous classes were from waitlist comment" is true)
tiredstressedheadempty
Full Member
where have people been sending LOIs? my assumption is just to the email they provided from updates but just double-checking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes the same email as updates!where have people been sending LOIs? my assumption is just to the email they provided from updates but just double-checking
FutureMD2.0
Full Member
For people going to second look, is there a way to have travel expense reimbursed?
if you're not near NYC, yes you can be reimbursed. Info from the slack channel: Be sure to keep a copy of your full receipt and a screenshot of your credit/debit card charge (that shows your name, at least the last 4 digits of your card, and the charge [after it changed from pending/processing to fully processed]). And more reimbursement info will be in the handouts we get at second look.For people going to second look, is there a way to have travel expense reimbursed?
FutureMD2.0
Full Member
Thank you! Did one of their emails have info on how to join the slack channel? Thinking I missed somethingif you're not near NYC, yes you can be reimbursed. Info from the slack channel: Be sure to keep a copy of your full receipt and a screenshot of your credit/debit card charge (that shows your name, at least the last 4 digits of your card, and the charge [after it changed from pending/processing to fully processed]). And more reimbursement info will be in the handouts we get at second look.
It was in the same email that contained the RSVP for second look!Thank you! Did one of their emails have info on how to join the slack channel? Thinking I missed something
PremedKid4
Full Member
Hey everyone, did a bit of research myself on the waitlist
The info that there's good amount of waitlist movement came from a 2020-2021 thread, where a current student there (@bones-n-sconez) said the following:
"idk the exact number. all i can say is that i remember being a ton of WL movement from my class and historically that seems to be the trend. my class's FB group ended up being around 230 students ... and maybe 30 of those max were current m1s at the time."
Couldn't find an actual source for the 30-40% of entering class is from the waitlist number. Based on the threads I read, the beginning of the months (e.g. May 1-10, June 1-10) tends to have the most movement.
Cornells commit to enroll deadline is July 2nd, so I assume after that point is where the highest increase of waitlist acceptances come from.
The info that there's good amount of waitlist movement came from a 2020-2021 thread, where a current student there (@bones-n-sconez) said the following:
"idk the exact number. all i can say is that i remember being a ton of WL movement from my class and historically that seems to be the trend. my class's FB group ended up being around 230 students ... and maybe 30 of those max were current m1s at the time."
Couldn't find an actual source for the 30-40% of entering class is from the waitlist number. Based on the threads I read, the beginning of the months (e.g. May 1-10, June 1-10) tends to have the most movement.
Cornells commit to enroll deadline is July 2nd, so I assume after that point is where the highest increase of waitlist acceptances come from.
for those who submitted an update letter/LOI to the update email address, did you receive a confirmation email from the automatic LISTSERV email address confirming that your update was received but not yet added to your file, or an email from WCM confirming that your update information was added to your file, or both.
thanks in advance
thanks in advance
PremedKid4
Full Member
I got an email from Listserv saying it'll be promptly added, that's it. Are we meant to get something else?for those who submitted an update letter/LOI to the update email address, did you receive a confirmation email from the automatic LISTSERV email address confirming that your update was received but not yet added to your file, or an email from WCM confirming that your update information was added to your file, or both.
thanks in advance
I'm not sure. But I sent a previous update to the same email a couple months back and received 2 emails- one from Listserv saying it'll be added and then a different email about an hour later from WCM saying that it's been added to my file.I got an email from Listserv saying it'll be promptly added, that's it. Are we meant to get something else?
I'm paranoid that they didn't see mine - I sent it in about 2 weeks ago and didn't get a confirmation at all. Should I check in on it do you think?I got an email from Listserv saying it'll be promptly added, that's it. Are we meant to get something else?
I’d recommend giving them a call to confirm they added to ur file - I did this back in Dec since I didn’t get the email but they saw my update apparently 🙂I'm paranoid that they didn't see mine - I sent it in about 2 weeks ago and didn't get a confirmation at all. Should I check in on it do you think?
PremedKid4
Full Member
A master will make a minimal difference. Focus on what aspects of your application caused you to not get in the first time around (I'm assuming you mean any medical school, and not just Cornell, because aiming for one specific school is a crapshoot)Its good idea to do a Master in case that we are not accepted?
D
deleted1135362
Anyone know how many people are in any sort of slack/groupme/fb group and how many are current students?
Currently 190 people in the accepted student slack, 2 of which are current studentsAnyone know how many people are in any sort of slack/groupme/fb group and how many are current students?
so i’m guessing not much waitlist movement 🥲Currently 190 people in the accepted student slack, 2 of which are current students
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1135362
no its way too early to say. the slack has roughly the same number that it does in previous years at this time and they still had good WL movement. we wait till may and cross our fingers.so i’m guessing not much waitlist movement 🥲
PremedKid4
Full Member
No I think that just means don’t talk about anything that isn’t about the update letter in the email (e.g. correction to your app, changing contact information, so on)For the instructions about sending in updates, it email states "Please do not include other queries or information in the email." Does that mean just sending a blank email with only my letter as an attachment? What have you guys put in the subject line and body?
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
For those of you accepted, have y'all heard about/done the housing application? Wondering about housing as a waitlisted applicant
Not yet! I don’t think they release housing apps til JuneFor those of you accepted, have y'all heard about/done the housing application? Wondering about housing as a waitlisted applicant
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Awesome! Thanks 🙂 Would be moving with my wife if I got accepted, so I wasn't sure if I'd be at a disadvantage trying to secure family housingNot yet! I don’t think they release housing apps til June