2022-2023 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stalking previous SDN threads (2020-2021) I saw it floated that up to 40% of the class has come from WL in previous years but that feels incredibly high and likely inaccurate lol...I dont have my hopes high for this WL
I really hope that's true, it would be a dream to attend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope that's true, it would be a dream to attend
I believe the number actually

Stony states 1/3rd of their entering class was off the waitlist last year

People who get into cornell usually also get into other top tier schools

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the number actually

Stony states 1/3rd of their entering class was off the waitlist last year

People who get into cornell usually also get into other top tier schools
Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Haha
Is anyone else not able to join the slack group?
Hi! I was recently accepted and was wondering where I could find the aforementioned slack group.

Additionally, is there another location I would need to accept the offer? I understand that there is an accepted student reply form, but besides that and the deposit, I am currently confused about what needs to be completed.

Thank you!

Hi! I was recently accepted and was wondering where I could find the aforementioned slack group.

Additionally, is there another location I would need to accept the offer? I understand that there is an accepted student reply form, but besides that and the deposit, I am currently confused about what needs to be completed.

Thank you!
The link to the slack came in the same email with the accepted student weekend RSVP

Got an email earlier today confirming my waitlist response has been received. Here’s to more waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL this morning as well. Honestly not too mad, but I already sent a letter of intent so now I've got to get busy so I can write a good update letter. Congrats to the As!
if i sent a letter of interest/update letter before decisions and after interviews is it overkill/unnecessary to send one after getting waitlisted?

I also did not get a response for my alternate list form. I completed it the second I received it. Should I resend another or email them?

Thank you!
I would start working on fin aid too since it said apps are due around March 17th

• Love
I would start working on fin aid too since it said apps are due around March 17th
I just completed the fin aid! Just for clarification purposes, would it be correct to think that there is no short (2,3 week) deadline to accept the offer, but instead, hold the acceptance until the deposit date?

I'm just slightly confused because the other schools that I have been accepted to have asked me to accept their offer within a certain time frame.

Thank you!

I just completed the fin aid! Just for clarification purposes, would it be correct to think that there is no short (2,3 week) deadline to accept the offer, but instead, hold the acceptance until the deposit date?

I'm just slightly confused because the other schools that I have been accepted to have asked me to accept their offer within a certain time frame.

Thank you!
yeah I emailed admissions they said the deadline for the form is May 1

Sorry, just to make sure - we don't have to do anything to hold the acceptance as long as we submit the form by May 1st? Is the deposit date also May 1st? I was totally zoning out this weekend after activating the CWID/looking into fin aid
haha np. yeah nothing to do, but you should do your fin aid stuff! Form, CYMS, and deposit all by May 1

• Love
Just got the WL confirmation email today. I also submitted my response right away.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not received the WL confirmation email? I submitted it about an hour after receiving it.

future applicant lurking here. do you guys know if cornell is strict about their literature requirement? would a writing seminar or other writing-intensive humanities course replace it? did anyone here get in w/o a lit class

future applicant lurking here. do you guys know if cornell is strict about their literature requirement? would a writing seminar or other writing-intensive humanities course replace it? did anyone here get in w/o a lit class
yep! Those sound like they would be fine. Def shoot an email to confirm tho!

hello! I sent an update letter before decisions came out and then got waitlisted. Do you guys think that it is okay to send a letter of intent to them (this is my top choice), because I have nothing much to update them on other than getting A small promotion. Like would they want me to outright tell them that I will go to their school?

hello! I sent an update letter before decisions came out and then got waitlisted. Do you guys think that it is okay to send a letter of intent to them (this is my top choice), because I have nothing much to update them on other than getting A small promotion. Like would they want me to outright tell them that I will go to their school?
Just passing through here. Yes, if I were you I would send a letter of intent and explain why I love their school in detail (about 3 paragraphs in total from update to why I would attend). If you can replace "Cornell" with "Harvard" or "Yale", then the LOI isn't genuine. Never hurts to try :)

Does anyone have any insight into movement from Cornells waitlist (e.g. if the "40% of previous classes were from waitlist comment" is true)

Reactions: 5 users
where have people been sending LOIs? my assumption is just to the email they provided from updates but just double-checking

For people going to second look, is there a way to have travel expense reimbursed?

For people going to second look, is there a way to have travel expense reimbursed?
if you're not near NYC, yes you can be reimbursed. Info from the slack channel: Be sure to keep a copy of your full receipt and a screenshot of your credit/debit card charge (that shows your name, at least the last 4 digits of your card, and the charge [after it changed from pending/processing to fully processed]). And more reimbursement info will be in the handouts we get at second look.

if you're not near NYC, yes you can be reimbursed. Info from the slack channel: Be sure to keep a copy of your full receipt and a screenshot of your credit/debit card charge (that shows your name, at least the last 4 digits of your card, and the charge [after it changed from pending/processing to fully processed]). And more reimbursement info will be in the handouts we get at second look.
Thank you! Did one of their emails have info on how to join the slack channel? Thinking I missed something

Hey everyone, did a bit of research myself on the waitlist

The info that there's good amount of waitlist movement came from a 2020-2021 thread, where a current student there (@bones-n-sconez) said the following:

"idk the exact number. all i can say is that i remember being a ton of WL movement from my class and historically that seems to be the trend. my class's FB group ended up being around 230 students ... and maybe 30 of those max were current m1s at the time."

Couldn't find an actual source for the 30-40% of entering class is from the waitlist number. Based on the threads I read, the beginning of the months (e.g. May 1-10, June 1-10) tends to have the most movement.

Cornells commit to enroll deadline is July 2nd, so I assume after that point is where the highest increase of waitlist acceptances come from.

Reactions: 5 users
for those who submitted an update letter/LOI to the update email address, did you receive a confirmation email from the automatic LISTSERV email address confirming that your update was received but not yet added to your file, or an email from WCM confirming that your update information was added to your file, or both.

thanks in advance

for those who submitted an update letter/LOI to the update email address, did you receive a confirmation email from the automatic LISTSERV email address confirming that your update was received but not yet added to your file, or an email from WCM confirming that your update information was added to your file, or both.

thanks in advance
I got an email from Listserv saying it'll be promptly added, that's it. Are we meant to get something else?

I got an email from Listserv saying it'll be promptly added, that's it. Are we meant to get something else?
I'm not sure. But I sent a previous update to the same email a couple months back and received 2 emails- one from Listserv saying it'll be added and then a different email about an hour later from WCM saying that it's been added to my file.

I'm paranoid that they didn't see mine - I sent it in about 2 weeks ago and didn't get a confirmation at all. Should I check in on it do you think?

I'm paranoid that they didn't see mine - I sent it in about 2 weeks ago and didn't get a confirmation at all. Should I check in on it do you think?
I’d recommend giving them a call to confirm they added to ur file - I did this back in Dec since I didn’t get the email but they saw my update apparently :)

Its good idea to do a Master in case that we are not accepted?
A master will make a minimal difference. Focus on what aspects of your application caused you to not get in the first time around (I'm assuming you mean any medical school, and not just Cornell, because aiming for one specific school is a crapshoot)

Anyone know how many people are in any sort of slack/groupme/fb group and how many are current students?

Anyone know how many people are in any sort of slack/groupme/fb group and how many are current students?
Currently 190 people in the accepted student slack, 2 of which are current students

so i’m guessing not much waitlist movement 🥲
no its way too early to say. the slack has roughly the same number that it does in previous years at this time and they still had good WL movement. we wait till may and cross our fingers.

Reactions: 2 users
For the instructions about sending in updates, it email states "Please do not include other queries or information in the email." Does that mean just sending a blank email with only my letter as an attachment? What have you guys put in the subject line and body?
No I think that just means don’t talk about anything that isn’t about the update letter in the email (e.g. correction to your app, changing contact information, so on)

For those of you accepted, have y'all heard about/done the housing application? Wondering about housing as a waitlisted applicant