We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great idea! I hadn't noticed he'd changed it. His avatar is the Ellmist, or at least the picture Tv Tropes uses for the Ellmist.

The Ellmist is the omnipotent good god-like being that is trying to help the Animorphs indirectly. The Ellmist tries to promote the development of sentient species. He is opposed by the Crayak, who is an equally powerful but evil being that wants everything to die (if my skimming is accurate). The two of them are playing a "game" where neither of them can interact directly with the pieces (Yeerks, Animorphs) without drawing repercussions from the other side.

So some fool made STL a god? That isn't going to end well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
So wait, we have two potential God chars in this game, no one is actually an original wolf, and there will be converts along the way? I'm assuming with both STL and Kcoughli silenced, and seemingly unable to communicate with one another, that they may possibly be the Ellmist and Crayak, as per Zens post. Would it be the Crayak who ultimately controls the wolf conversions then?

FYI as well, convert me and I'll out myself and take another convert with me. I started the game as a villager, I was not told anything about 'wolf leaning', therefore I will remain loyal to the village side until either end game or death.

And yes, hello I'm awake, I've slept, I also remembered to take my medication this morning. :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad :)
So wait, we have two potential God chars in this game, no one is actually an original wolf, and there will be converts along the way? I'm assuming with both STL and Kcoughli silenced, and seemingly unable to communicate with one another, that they may possibly be the Ellmist and Crayak, as per Zens post. Would it be the Crayak who ultimately controls the wolf conversions then?

FYI as well, convert me and I'll out myself and take another convert with me. I started the game as a villager, I was not told anything about 'wolf leaning', therefore I will remain loyal to the village side until either end game or death.

And yes, hello I'm awake, I've slept, I also remembered to take my medication this morning. :heckyeah:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. No one resists the call to the WW dark side.

Reactions: 4 users
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. No one resists the call to the WW dark side.

Yeah, well they'll have to try and catch me first...good luck with that. :p :laugh:

So we're looking for converts or wolf leaning villagers - perhaps we should strategise the next question to the mods for whoever gets that call of god thingy and can ask about game mechanics, find out how many wolf leaning villagers, how many converts so far, how many converts per cycle, that sort of thing.

Maybe Ceke was sleep-deprived, but I feel that she's making bigger/more unsubstantiated leaps of logic this game than last. I'm not going to lynch her tonight since it's likely she won't be back on before lynch close, but a tone change like that is something that I want to watch more closely.

Overly sleep deprived and I forgot to take my meds last night so I was a bit off tap from that as well. Also it's sometimes hard for me to keep up with how many cycles have actually passed, being ahead in this timezone, it's easy for me to feel like we're already 3 or 4 days when it's only been two days or something - so yeah partly also jumping the gun because of wrongly assuming enough time had passed to be able to start to at least try to read different patterns of voting/commenting/liking etc. Plus this being like my third game I was trying to make an extra effort. :sorry:

t2FkONE.png

It was a beautiful, stunning night, and everyone was excited that there were no horrible squelching, bone cracking, or gnashing noises to mar their enjoyment of the gorgeous, vast stars. Some stared at the sky comfortable that they were on their home, that this was how the sky should look, while others yearned for distant planets with different moons and vistas.

It was delightful. But come morning, not a single person could shake a dark feeling... like they were somehow worse off than they had been the day before.

Nobody has died.

It is now Day 3. Day will close at 9PM EST.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
17. @ResoluteMike
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife - Taxxon
12. @Gwenevre - Orff
2. @hazelmoo - Helmacron

It was delightful. But come morning, not a single person could shake a dark feeling... like they were somehow worse off than they had been the day before.
_____________________________________________________________________TM
Guessing convert :(. Maaaaybe we're lucky and it's just one day closer to a mod-induced Bad Thing__a la Threadfall?

In other news, STL said to share the results of last night's conversation.

He is the Ellmist, he cannot cast a lynch vote, and he doesn't want to be lynched (so, presumably, doesn't need to be lynched to get his full powers)

Reactions: 1 users
I ate a Cinnabon and apparently now feel better. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming with both STL and Kcoughli silenced, and seemingly unable to communicate with one another, that they may possibly be the Ellmist and Crayak, as per Zens post.
I also had this thought. Cryak doesn't seem to be a great guy from what I've read...could definitely be wolf-leaning. I'll try to get back on at lunch but I'm leaning toward kcough for now.

edit because I screwed up the quote feature.

Were you injured? Apparently it heals your injuries

No, not sure what I'm doing with it, or how long I'll have it. Guess if it heals injuries I can use it on someone else.

I also had this thought. Cryak doesn't seem to be a great guy from what I've read...could definitely be wolf-leaning. I'll try to get back on at lunch but I'm leaning toward kcough for now.

edit because I screwed up the quote feature.

As am I. If Kcoughli is Crayak and there's some sort of conversion at play, it would stand to reason that Crayak would possibly be the one controlling the wolf conversions based on the character description.

contingency lynch Kcoughli

Just correcting what I said I above, I was given a Cinnabon, and told if I ate it I would feel better. I thought that meant I'd just automatically eaten it, but apparently not - I can choose to eat it myself, or I can give it to someone else during the night cycle.

Before we lynch kcough and trust STL, I need to learn more. Why do we believe STL @Zensing ? Were you told STL's name in your role or are you just linked somehow? Cause if I were STL I would lie my butt off.

Reactions: 2 users
Just correcting what I said I above, I was given a Cinnabon, and told if I ate it I would feel better. I thought that meant I'd just automatically eaten it, but apparently not - I can choose to eat it myself, or I can give it to someone else during the night cycle.
Is anyone currently injured?

I swear every time I read through this game thread I've got this song and film clip stuck in my head. :laugh:

Is anyone currently injured?

Not that I know of, I haven't been told anything. I'm assuming if someone is injured tonight I can use it then.

Before we lynch kcough and trust STL, I need to learn more. Why do we believe STL @Zensing ? Were you told STL's name in your role or are you just linked somehow? Cause if I were STL I would lie my butt off.

Yes, it would definitely behoove STL to pretend to be playing the good guy if indeed he is Crayak.

Unlynch Kcoughli for now

Do we have anymore information as to how the conversions work? Is the Crayak angle a sort of 'kill the head vampire' deal? :thinking:

Reactions: 1 user

Okay, another thought then - if STL is potentially lying, and is indeed Crayak and not the Ellmist, and there's some sort of possible game mechanics at play where Crayak can control conversions, are we suspecting Zensing as a potential convert?

If they are immortal God things, it is probably reasonable to expect some level of lynch avoidance on their part. I am not sure wasting days trying to lynch them is warranted yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Both STL and kcough liked my post about not being sure about STL's role claim.
That is a mind ****

I am just gonna ignore the 2 of them for now. Somehow I doubt it would be that easy to lynch either of them.

I have to get a lynch vote in, cause I will be out most of the day..

lynch genny.

still just trying to get a read on her.

If they are immortal God things, it is probably reasonable to expect some level of lynch avoidance on their part. I am not sure wasting days trying to lynch them is warranted yet.

Yes, that would make sense. One reason God chars tended to require retirement in table top gaming, they basically become unkillable with unlimited power - but of course that's another game entirely.

I'm still interested to know how Zensing is communicating with STL.

Yes, that would make sense. One reason God chars tended to require retirement in table top gaming, they basically become unkillable with unlimited power - but of course that's another game entirely.

I'm still interested to know how Zensing is communicating with STL.
Presumably she is sending him PM messages, which he can read even if he can't respond, and setting up a code of sorts for him to like posts to communicate.

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Birthday, Trilt! Lynch Tally

May all your dreams come true.

(I'm mobile only today and this is the best that I could find, so just ignore Cumberbach and pretend that's your lovely mug instead. And one fewer toe. It's the thought that counts?)

d83a424cf33bf9d380ecce3a7e19381bdda37ecccb8105b9681766b4f20f3121_1.jpg

Genny (1)- SOV

Get your butts lynching, the birthday girl demands it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Devastating and I were both injured.

Okay, I'm not going to attempt to stay up all night trying to play a day cycle when I'm tired and out of sorts (or else we'll end up with me just crashing from one incredible leap of illogic to the next like last night/day cycle).

I don't have a read on anyone yet, still trying to see how game mechanics work. So I'll probably end up doing a contingency RNG lynch and hope I get back on in time for days end (which for me will be tomorrow morning some time).

Hmm, reading back through the thread so far RM and WTF have both had injuries with forced role reveals. Others have simply been injured. If Crayak is indeed attempting the destruction of everything by creating an army of wolf converts, I would assume they would want the villagers with the most power/use to them to be converted. Therefore I am suspicious of anyone who has had a forced role reveal with injury as I'm thinking along the lines of that possibly signalling a potential conversion.

Can I get hurt? I want a Cinnabon. :(

Can I get hurt? I want a Cinnabon. :(

Aww, I think I only have it until the next night cycle when I can use it. Don't know if I can use it on people who were injured last night, or today. :(

Contingency lynch RM

based on feels.

Logging off to get some sleep, see you guys in the AM or days end as the case may be. :)

Hmm, reading back through the thread so far RM and WTF have both had injuries with forced role reveals. Others have simply been injured. If Crayak is indeed attempting the destruction of everything by creating an army of wolf converts, I would assume they would want the villagers with the most power/use to them to be converted. Therefore I am suspicious of anyone who has had a forced role reveal with injury as I'm thinking along the lines of that possibly signalling a potential conversion.

It could also simply be a villager seer with an unfortunate side effect, since we already had a villager assassin with an unfortunate "side effect" of sorts.

Specifically, it was someone with a gun who threatened me, although the gun was set to "low".

It's day time, no need for contingency lynches, just actual lynches.

It's night time for me here, and depending on what time I actually get to sleep, and when I wake up I may not always be able to get a lynch vote in - hence contingency lynch. :)

And yes, I'm supposed to be going to bed. Okay, nice cup of chamomile tea, cuddle the cats for a while and then hopefully...:sleep:

It's night time for me here, and depending on what time I actually get to sleep, and when I wake up I may not always be able to get a lynch vote in - hence contingency lynch. :)

And yes, I'm supposed to be going to bed. Okay, nice cup of chamomile tea, cuddle the cats for a while and then hopefully...:sleep:
She means it's currently day cycle, not just daytime. Any lynches cast during day cycle are official lynches. "Contingency" doesn't mean "may waffle", it's used if a player wants to submit a Lynch for the upcoming lynch cycle during a night cycle when lynching isn't active. People do this when they know they'll be away for all or most of the lynch cycle, or if they know how they want to vote following the previous day's lynch close.

She means it's currently day cycle, not just daytime. Any lynches cast during day cycle are official lynches. "Contingency" doesn't mean "may waffle", it's used if a player wants to submit a Lynch for the upcoming lynch cycle during a night cycle when lynching is not active. People do this when they know they'll be away for all or most of the lynch cycle, or if they know how they want to vote following the previous day's lynch close

Oh, okay, sorry different time zone I get confused when people are saying 'day' 'night', and it's night for me most of the time for a day cycle, and day for a night cycle. 'Tis a bit muddling sometimes, thanks for the confirmation. :)

Lynch RM

edited for reasons: I suspect RM may be a convert based on forced role reveal injuries in line with the Crayak theme.