Werewolves of Ireland - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
greby seems to have moved from Leinster to Ulster :coffee:

No one has enough gold to do the cloaking thing yet. Could it be someones ability to switch people around?

not sure what happened here. i was just told that i was forced onto a ferry boat headed for Ulster. not sure by who, or why. nothing else changed for me, just my location.

i think that since i was forced, this would make sense. again, not sure why me or why to Ulster.
What would be the point of this though? Just getting new PM partners?
Aye, or if a manky role could be ter disrupt lines of chatter

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if you already explained but why didn't you vote last night @mypetmoose
To be honest, I forgot. I meant to lynch cubs last night bc PM paranoia, but then I got absorbed with schoolwork and missed deadline/wasn't back on till this morning.

@Crayola227 what put VMH on this list? everyone else I get.

@Mad Jack How do you feel about the 4 people who were voted to be champions and the way the votes shook out? @allieh8607 same question.

@WildZoo You think grebes' vote is warranted?

@mypetmoose how do you feel about stagg and mutts?

So that explains his question formatting. This was Tuesday and MJ was killed that night along with AM.

So that explains his question formatting. This was Tuesday and MJ was killed that night along with AM.
Did he ever mention am by name that way? If not then it's probably safe to assume he killed mj that night.

Either of them are strange choices for night kills imo

It doesnt say in his role description it had to be the same day, so not sure if cray is a possibility or not. And I guess he wouldnt kill himself. But maybe too much mechanics going on. @mypetmoose PM Paranoia? What has VMH been like in your other PM?
I'm just getting to the point where I'm having a hard time trusting anyone. I had a tinfoil that I overblew in my head that made you seem super sketchy, but on a re-read and in addressing your question in PM last night I'm feeling a little better. VMH has been okay so far, but I didn't have as much to go on with her because we just starting talking yesterday afternoon.

But yeah sometimes I just get worried that I'm being pocketed and feel like over-reacting for a minute. It will probably happen again, but on a re-read I think I'm just being paranoid without a good reason...

Why are we assuming Mel killed anyone? He was village. I think it's more likely wolves have extra kills

Why are we assuming Mel killed anyone? He was village. I think it's more likely wolves have extra kills
Tinfoil me over here wonders if he really was village or if we are not told when wolves die... And his role description says he can kill... but you are right in that idk why he would as a villager...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused why yall are getting tied up in who Mel killed (or didn't kill). Can we look into living players?

eta: parenthesis

Reactions: 4 users
Oi suppose that fierce invention fer investigatin unknown things must be right banjanxed today

I love it

Tinfoil me over here wonders if he really was village or if we are not told when wolves die... And his role description says he can kill... but you are right in that idk why he would as a villager...

Pippy explicitly stated that villager code is not a thing and to not rely on roles to give you affiliation

Highly unlikely

Reactions: 1 user

I do think there is at least 1 wolf between Lawpy/Paws/Mel/Stagg

Lawper = Not getting this puzzle he keeps talking about
Was this answered

Mel is village, I have Paws leaning village
Not willing to lynch Stagg just yet and you haven't defended or mentioned this fake puzzle you were pushing before. Did you give up bc your manufactured sketch didn't take off? (rhetorical)

I know that my other theory I just presented was stupid and super unlikely, but I'm a sucker for some fun tinfoils...

Real theory here:
I'm trying to think of who would be killing veteran villagers with such a heavy hand... even if the MJ and Cray kills aren't wolf related and are village Mel related instead...And my mind keeps saying that it would be someone relatively new to the game. I'm interested in looking into dina, mutts, cubs, grebes, doggo, and shelter(shelter is obviously less new, but still on my sus list towards the bottom for now) for those reasons. (And I understand that by this logic, if it would be reversed on me I'd be included in this group). The reason I'm saying this is because I think that it is less likely that all of the night kills would be veterans who many of the other veterans consider a challenge/fun to play with/mess with. Meanwhile, noob wolves might think it is just better to get more experienced players out of the way sooner rather than later...
Additionally, Dina, although new is not on my sus list because of the rez, she would not be a original wolf at least

Mel is village, I have Paws leaning village
Not willing to lynch Stagg just yet and you haven't defended or mentioned this fake puzzle you were pushing before. Did you give up bc your manufactured sketch didn't take off? (rhetorical)
What manufactured sketch? That puzzle i was talking about was referring to the weird interactions i felt among you, barky, petmoosy and greby.

Also what's up with Stagg liking posts?

I can speak! I was silenced which meant no interactions on thread (posts or likes) and no PM’ing - I’m gonna lean it village since the message said I was safe in the in between Paws - I have many posts saved and will be replying to yesterday’s posts throughout the day. So, I’m at work right now so there will likely be gaps in between

Reactions: 2 users
I think I'm gonna look into mutts or grebes today. Doggo maybe tomorrow, but I don't want them to get lynched so early on their first game

Mel had an ability to kill someone every night despite being village. That gave him a shot to kill someone who he thought was a wolf. It's obviously not definitely him who killed the second person, but learning of his ability tells us it may have been him.

Also what's up with Stagg liking posts?
Woah, good call... I wonder if this is Stagg misbehaving lol or if it is a different thing than Mutts experienced... Mel didn't like anything yesterday, did he?

What manufactured sketch? That puzzle i was talking about was referring to the weird interactions i felt among you, barky, petmoosy and greby. .
I had very few posts prior to being silenced an others mentioned mpm and grebes' sketch so the combination of people you choose seems strange.

I know that my other theory I just presented was stupid and super unlikely, but I'm a sucker for some fun tinfoils...

Real theory here:

I think I'm gonna look into mutts or grebes today. Doggo maybe tomorrow, but I don't want them to get lynched so early on their first game
Like you said your theory here puts you in this group as well. Do you think shelter is village?

Woah, good call... I wonder if this is Stagg misbehaving lol or if it is a different thing than Mutts experienced... Mel didn't like anything yesterday, did he?
He may have been able to bargin with how ever much gold he has to like posts. I had the option but not enough gold to do any thing

Reactions: 1 users

He didn't from what I checked. Also:

Gone to a place in between light and shade is
Please note roster movement and adjust your PMs accordingly

Gone to a place between light and shade is
________
Gone to a place between light and shade is
________
The wording looks the same so I don't know why Stagg's would be different.

I had very few posts prior to being silenced an others mentioned mpm and grebes' sketch so the combination of people you choose seems strange.

I was referring to these posts:

I love these

Grebes seemed very defensive, too quickly.
MPM randomly defended a Barks mayor vote - Mel commented on this too which just confuses me more on how I should lean her post
Well I just found out that I’m working today when my roommate woke me up like “WTF we have to go”

Oops

So... won’t be on today like I thought I could be.

###lynch mpm###

Her posts are giving me similar vibes to underwwear.
Will maybe be able to check in again before closing, depending on what time were able to get off work. But in case not, wanted to let y’all know.

I'm feeling a

Lynch mutts

did a lot of agreeing with other people yesterday
Hmm these are pretty interesting posts. Seems like mutty was having weird/sketch feelings for greby and petmoosy, and greby voted petmoosy for having weird vibes. But barky voted mutty for agreeing too much?

These interactions are a bit odd so wanting to crack this puzzle..

What gives you any inclination that we aren't told when wolves die?

Like you said your theory here puts you in this group as well. Do you think shelter is village?

He may have been able to bargin with how ever much gold he has to like posts. I had the option but not enough gold to do any thing
Yeahhhh, I acknowledged that... I think that shelter is less likely to be a wolf if Mel trusted her enough to want to share some sort of info with her. Allie said it wasn't a vouch from her, and that was her reasoning, and I'm okay with waiting to explore that one later if things change.

What gives you any inclination that we aren't told when wolves die?
Zero things... I think I may have accidentally used villager code when we were told not to (thanks dina for pointing this out)... his role just seemed super sketchy... yeah looking back that comment wasn't valid... sorry for confusion!

Zero things... I think I may have accidentally used villager code when we were told not to (thanks dina for pointing this out)... his role just seemed super sketchy... yeah looking back that comment wasn't valid... sorry for confusion!
Another thing is that I just read lost colony and it seemed like a cool mechanic (bc im a nerd and read old games with my free time)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod announcement:

I will be slow to respond until around the time of lynch close today. Please keep your own tallies as the day progresses.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

(I need to not bomb my neuro midterm tomorrow morning haha :xf:)
~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod announcement:

I will be slow to respond until around the time of lynch close today. Please keep your own tallies as the day progresses.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
(I need to not bomb my neuro midterm tomorrow morning haha :xf:)
~~~~~~~~~~~

@Animal Midwife bump!

b03.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Yeahhhh, I acknowledged that... I think that shelter is less likely to be a wolf if Mel trusted her enough to want to share some sort of info with her. Allie said it wasn't a vouch from her, and that was her reasoning, and I'm okay with waiting to explore that one later if things change.
I can guarantee you won't find a wolf looking into me.
Outside of the grasshopper/noob people. What are your leans?

I can guarantee you won't find a wolf looking into me.
Outside of the grasshopper/noob people. What are your leans?
Those are my current leans. Grebes and Mutts.
I'd love to see more content from allie and dolphin.
Feeling mildly suspicious of WildZoo, but decided that she would probably want to have AM and/or Mel around for the challenge if she were a wolf.
Had minor paranoia for cubs yesterday evening, but I am willing to dismiss that for now.
Lawpy I have at neutral to sketchy.
Vmh I have as neutral to village tentatively.
Paws I'm okay with right now.
I expressed my shelter feels earlier...
I'm probably missing people, but its good enough for now... will elaborate later if you want

Mel had no way to check out his pm partners so he would need to balance trust and judgement. The issue may be that he opted to trust the wrong person. I can't decide if I feel like you are making a new player mistake or if you are trying to softly defend shelter here

Reactions: 2 users
Mel had no way to check out his pm partners so he would need to balance trust and judgement. The issue may be that he opted to trust the wrong person. I can't decide if I feel like you are making a new player mistake or if you are trying to softly defend shelter here
I may be too naively trusting, but my interpretation of Mel's item--salmon of knowledge-- was that it was some sort of seering or tracking item or something that would bestow knowledge. My thought was that if that was the case, he could have checked shelter. This may be stupid and flawed, but that is my thought process. Are you currently suspicious of shelter, or just picking apart what you could see as a weird defense?

Assuming Mel took the item with him to the grave, do either of his PM partners have anything to say about whether that thought process can be confirmed?

Mel had an ability to kill someone every night despite being village. That gave him a shot to kill someone who he thought was a wolf. It's obviously not definitely him who killed the second person, but learning of his ability tells us it may have been him.

How does that help us though? With NKA?

Assuming Mel took the item with him to the grave, do either of his PM partners have anything to say about whether that thought process can be confirmed?

Yeah I'm curious if either of them want to disclose what the item is/does. I don't really see it as fishing if he's dead now.

I may be too naively trusting, but my interpretation of Mel's item--salmon of knowledge-- was that it was some sort of seering or tracking item or something that would bestow knowledge. My thought was that if that was the case, he could have checked shelter. This may be stupid and flawed, but that is my thought process. Are you currently suspicious of shelter, or just picking apart what you could see as a weird defense?
I agree it's possible that the salmon may have been a seer item but because he had the ability to vig kill, it's hard to say if he would have used the item to seer shelter or Barkley as pm partners vs his top wolf suspect in anticipation of a first vig kill.

I did not see the validity of the initial Lynch on shelter, and have her currently neutral but my original comment is about your comment

Reactions: 1 users
I agree it's possible that the salmon may have been a seer item but because he had the ability to vig kill, it's hard to say if he would have used the item to seer shelter or Barkley as pm partners vs his top wolf suspect in anticipation of a first vig kill.

I did not see the validity of the initial Lynch on shelter, and have her currently neutral but my original comment is about your comment
Fair point... do we know if Mel and Shelter ever did open up a PM? @sheltermed

What? The ability was in his role description in the write up... He's also described as a man on a horse, who was also previously mentioned as the killer of MJ in whichever write up that was
I do not get the feeling that pippy is the type of mod who intentionally lies to the players about what's going on in the game

Honestly some of the off the wall theories today are increasing my suspicions of Dina and mpm

I'd also like to hear more reads from @Lawper (beyond his puzzle), @grebes4lyfe , and @WildZoo as she catches up

Mutts' posts today are making me lean her more village

Lynch grebes