Werewolves of Ireland - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why were you all so against the shelter lynch, like was barks actually that sketchy to you that you would vote there over shelter/is shelter so clearly village to you that you would push a vote off of her? because after reading everything, shelter seemed way more sketch than barks to me. mel i kinda get since shelter's him PM partner, but also, by the time mel voted there was a 2-3 vote gap between shelter and barks already, so not really sure why that switch was necessary.
right now I am suspecting a wolf between the 3 of you. not sure who i suspect most yet though.

Because at the time, barky felt worse than shelter for me, and those voting for shelter were giving me unpleasant feels that I didn't want to vote with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Because at the time, barky felt worse than shelter for me, and those voting for shelter were giving me unpleasant feels that I didn't want to vote with them.
do you still feel ok about shelter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol that makes much more sense than the first post.

Side note, did anyone else notice how there are three places where people go to die? (Pls don't yell at me for talking about mechanics, this seems important, right?)

Mag Mell, where Dina went, was (In Irish mythology, Mag Mell was a mythical realm achievable through death and/or glory. Unlike the underworld in some mythologies, Mag Mell was a pleasurable paradise, identified as either an island far to the west of Ireland or a kingdom beneath the ocean.) according to wikipedia

Tir Na Nog, (Irish mythology Tír na nÓg ([tʲiːɾˠ n̪ˠə ˈn̪ˠoːɡ]; "Land of the Young") or Tír na hÓige ("Land of Youth") is one of the names for the Celtic Otherworld, or perhaps for a part of it. Other Old Irish names for the Otherworld include Tír Tairngire ("Land of Promise/Promised Land"),[1][2] Tír fo Thuinn ("Land under the Wave"),[1] Mag Mell ("Plain of Delight/Delightful Plain"),[1] Ildathach ("Multicoloured place"),[3] and Emain Ablach (the Isle of Apple Trees). Similar myths in the northern Celtic cultures include these of Annwn, Fairyland, and Hy Brasil.) according to wikipedia-- this seems to be the same as Mag Mell? (AM went here)

Tech Duinn (MJ went here) Celtic Underworld, Tech Duinn is a representation of Ireland with its green dense - and sometimes dark - forests, its lakes, its castle ruins and its rivers.
Previously kept by Donn with an iron fist until his betrayal during the Black Death, Tech Duinn is now the duty of The Morrigan. (MJ was the Morrigan--who's duty it is-traditionally-to keep souls from leaving the underworld)

So, these all kind of seem the same now that I have done some research, but its still better to share info than hoard it, right? Maybe its not as important as I thought, but idk, if you think its stupid you don't need to read it... It was just a thought...Ignore it if you like

Wait, I'm rereading this again and apparently, you're saying Mag Mell and Tir Na Nog are the same place? I'm not sure why the same place would have different names though :confused: and if it's the same place, why would Mag Mell be renamed to Tir Na Nog?

3B90F9D4-CDF9-41EC-BBF6-175B469F2C25.png

5-2 win! 9 Pin Nightmare takes full control of first place!

Reactions: 1 user

~~~
It was a day for communication, that's for sure. Some folks chattered happily away to new friends, some kept their silence, some spoke out loud for all to see, some elves...? prattled nonsense in strange accents, and some whispers were heard on the whistling wind. It was odd and a little sad, then, that the one person who might've been at the very center of it all was cast aside.
cliodhna.jpg

Cliodhna sat by herself on a little outcropping of stones, and wondered why she was not seen as more useful to her friends. She had been a goddess in the South, and had become legendary for granting the power of persuasive speech to one of the mortals who beseeched her for help. Since she had joined this ragtag band of warriors, she had tried to get them to start speaking with each other more clearly, but had largely been met with failure. It was no surprise, then, when the group's discussion turned accusatory. She resolved to go back to Cork the next morning, where she was loved and respected... but instead was banished to the other realms for her perceived crimes.

Dead and sent to Tir Na Nog is
@Ms Procrastinator , CLIODHNA, who could open up permanent lines of communication across regions by granting the gift of gab.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 3.32.20 PM.png

Returned to us is
________

Over the hills and through the reeds could be heard a strange, distorted voice...

Ach lean sa tóir na feoitigh liatha
Is glanaigí Fóla ón sórt seo fiaile!
Caithfidh mé gluaiseacht uaibh chun siúil,
Is fada mo chuairtse ar fud na Mumhan;
An turas tá rómham ní fhónann moill do,
Is iomad den ghnó anseo fós gan éisteacht.
Casfaidh mé arís is is fíor nach fáilteach

1579373729540.png

ᚉᚐᚈᚈᚒᚃᚃᚔᚏᚏ

111a701d1779cedce16511229a7d7f11-png.254197

1. @Dinashadow
3. @Lawper
4. @dolphin106258
5. @allieh8607

7bb346049a90126abab6324ab98065ca-png.254198

7. @Stagg737
9. @Crayola227
10. @muttmanager

2f6812b8c2cc9e457a1bf3424e1372e3-png.254199

12. @StayingPositive2017
13. @vetmedhead
14. @mypetmoose
15. @cubsrule4e

ccaa79aa2631dbb97fb9fe60cfec6144-png.254200

16. @Melchizedek
6. @grebes4lyfe
18. @Doggo Labs
19. @WildZoo
20. @sheltermed

Teach Duinn
17. @Barkley13 - The Fear Dearg, Thief
2. @Mad Jack - The Morrígan, Favor Bestower

Tir Na Nog
8. @Animal Midwife - Finn Mac Cumhaíll, Parity Seer
11. @Ms Procrastinator - Cliodhna, Gift of Gab

It is now
night 3.png

The light will dawn on Day Four at 10am Eastern, or earlier if all actions are in
(please consider sending in actions sooner rather than later, I would love you forever lol)

Last edited:

~~~
It was a day for communication, that's for sure. Some folks chattered happily away to new friends, some kept their silence, some spoke out loud for all to see, some elves...? prattled nonsense in strange accents, and some whispers were heard on the whistling wind.​
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

*********************************************************************************************************************
lydia1.jpg

Go Village, Boo wolves!
Being a Banshee was nice while it lasted:(
*********************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Over the hills and through the reeds could be heard a strange, distorted voice...

Casfaidh mé arís is is fíor nach fáilteach.

oh wait... what is this?? i missed this the first time i read it through.
per google translate, it says:

But continued in the pursuit of gray feather
This kind of weed is clean!
I must move from you,
My visit has been throughout Munster;
The journey is too late does not delay your,
Much of the business here remains unheard of.
I turn again and it is true that is not welcoming.

something about munster???

Casfaidh mé arís is is fíor nach fáilteach

Dubz??? is that you??

just double checked. there wasn't a poem in the D2 write up

Members don't see this ad :)
I see you laughing but you helped get MP lynched. Sup with that?
I suspected her as a wolf. People make mistakes.

She didn't really put up a defense either, at least not from what I saw.

Did Allie say she wouldn't be around this evening?

Did Allie say she wouldn't be around this evening?
No. Sorry for ghosting. Had a lot of furniture delivered today that needed to be assembled and was trying to surprise my husband with having it assembled before he got home from work. Lost track of time... /lameexcuse

I'll be around more tomorrow I promise

oh wait... what is this?? i missed this the first time i read it through.
per google translate, it says:

But continued in the pursuit of gray feather
This kind of weed is clean!
I must move from you,
My visit has been throughout Munster;
The journey is too late does not delay your,
Much of the business here remains unheard of.
I turn again and it is true that is not welcoming.

something about munster???
...close

this is an excerpt of the poem Cúirt An Mheán Oíche (The Midnight Court) by Brian Merriman

English translation of these lines:

And Six: Keep on the track of the old greybeards
And be sure to clear Ireland of all such weeds.
That's it, I must get going, I've appointments to keep,
Many a mile to go before I sleep
The journey before me won't brook delay
Unfinished business here will wait a new day
I'll be back, which to some is not good news

Reactions: 3 users
Is your signature Peter Griffin? lol
I don't know what you're talking about here which makes me feel dumb and unfunny.

I'm assuming it's related to my so-called uninformed-ness and perhaps a potential (but inoffensive) jab at my (lack of) intelligence.

Tinfoil Koolaid- That feels like a message from the dead

Eta- this is about the poem with vmh’s translation

Last edited:
Did notice one thing while I was catching up....
:smack: so Mel, Lawpy, and Allie are defending shelter... but only Mel is in her group. I'll take it for now...
unlynch shelter
Woah, watch your words. I am most certainly -not- defending Shelter. Mel was pretty adamant about his PM partner not getting lynched and so I voted for the next closest lynch candidate. I haven't really formed much of an opinion about Shelter yet, but that's just how the events unfolded yesterday.

I thiiiiink I have almost all night actions? gimme, and I'll close early

Edit: just kidding, I need to go to bed. See you all in the morning

Last edited:

~~~

Tonight, fearsome creatures out of nightmares battled each other in a test of strength and will.
The most evil and most cunning proved triumphant.

dobhar-chu.jpg

On the Leitrim coast near the Arroo Mountains, a curious beast swam in a clear mountain lake. Not quite an otter, and not quite a dog, it existed in the liminal place between legend and reality. It was a grumpy critter, known to snap at those who came close, and it was said that it had actually been known to munch on the local residents from time to time. Deep down, however, it had something of a loyal streak to those who it deemed to be worthy of protection. When an agent of the heavens traveled through County Leitrim performing miracles, the otter-hound was impressed by the man's strong faith, and saw something of itself in the traveler. It vowed on the spot to always stand in the way of those who might wish harm upon the man. Unfortunately, its loyalty and fortitude was put to the test, and although it snapped and splashed with fearsome aggression, it was no match for the old magic it now faced.

Dead and sent to Tech Duinn is
@Crayola227 , The DOBHAR-CHÚ, who protected the holy from coming to harm.

Further south, the clear blue days of spring bring forth rich clovers and rampant wildflowers that blanket the gently rolling emerald slopes of Kerry. When the sun goes down, however, the colors fade to gray, sucking the life from the hills and replacing the blossoms with the deeply rooted anxieties of our subconscious.

Tonight was no different, as monsters of the night set out for each other in the darkness. A headless soldier galloped towards a sly figure, whose clandestine activities were almost snuffed out by the rider. As the horseman's disembodied mouth opened to begin his booming call of death, however, an otherworldly howl sliced through the lower pitch, severing it like the horseman's head. The sound oscillated and echoed through the hills, banishing the decapitated spirit to the beyond.

CXJf.gif

Also dead and sent to Tech Duinn is
@Melchizedek , THE DULLAHAN, who could kill a player of his choosing each night, provided he had called their name on the thread AND the player did not have enough gold to bribe the stroke of death away.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 3.32.20 PM.png

Gone to a place between light and shade is
________

Please note roster movement and adjust your PMs accordingly

1579373750012.png

ᚉᚐᚈᚈᚒᚃᚃᚔᚏᚏ

111a701d1779cedce16511229a7d7f11-png.254197

1. @Dinashadow
19. @WildZoo
3. @Lawper
4. @dolphin106258
5. @allieh8607

7bb346049a90126abab6324ab98065ca-png.254198

7. @Stagg737
10. @muttmanager

2f6812b8c2cc9e457a1bf3424e1372e3-png.254199

12. @StayingPositive2017
13. @vetmedhead
14. @mypetmoose
15. @cubsrule4e

ccaa79aa2631dbb97fb9fe60cfec6144-png.254200

6. @grebes4lyfe
18. @Doggo Labs
20. @sheltermed

Teach Duinn
17. @Barkley13 - The Fear Dearg, Thief
2. @Mad Jack - The Morrígan, Favor Bestower
9. @Crayola227 - The Dobhar-Chú, Holy Bodyguard
16. @Melchizedek - The Dullahan, Herald Assassin *Bribable

Tir Na Nog
8. @Animal Midwife - Finn Mac Cumhaíll, Parity Seer
11. @Ms Procrastinator - Cliodhna, Gift of Gab

It is now
day four.png

The sun sets on Day Four at 10pm Eastern

Last edited:
lynch grebes
'til oi fend a call not ter. readin' de thread dis gran' mornin' so me mind may change. Seems we're actin the maggot so far dis game.

Oi'm still absolutely fluthered an' someone decided ter move me aboyt last noight.

lynch grebes
'til oi fend a call not ter. readin' de thread dis gran' mornin' so me mind may change. Seems we're actin the maggot so far dis game.

Oi'm still absolutely fluthered an' someone decided ter move me aboyt last noight.
What's fluthered?

I still gotta catch up on some posts from yesterday evening, but won't have the chance till later this afternoon.

I'm thinking last night's second kill wasn't Mel because he didn't "say crayola's name" on thread since he wasn't able to post

Wait it looks like WZ got moved from Ulster to Connacht. Seems like someone is moving people around.
That's usin' yisser noodle. Oi nu Ah've been on de tear but dis canny be de first time someone's been forced ter scotch peg it ter a different area.

I still gotta catch up on some posts from yesterday evening, but won't have the chance till later this afternoon.

I'm thinking last night's second kill wasn't Mel because he didn't "say crayola's name" on thread since he wasn't able to post

I mentioned in our PM that he could still vote, so maybe he could still perform actions, just not on thread. Anyone else think that’s possible? Could he have a delay mechanism where he could still kill someone a day or two after saying their name? I’ll have to ISO and see who he had mentioned. MJ might have definitely been a Mel kill.

I mentioned in our PM that he could still vote, so maybe he could still perform actions, just not on thread. Anyone else think that’s possible? Could he have a delay mechanism where he could still kill someone a day or two after saying their name? I’ll have to ISO and see who he had mentioned. MJ might have definitely been a Mel kill.
Why?

Because I remember him addressing MJ. I just looked them up:

Mel mentioned Barks and MPM by name in thread.

He @ addressed Cray, VMH, MJ, Shelter, MsP, and myself.

Barks and MsP were lynched. AM he never addressed or mentioned unless I missed it, and AM and MJ died on the same night. So he could have done MJ and/or Cray, I guess no real way of confirming that, but knowing those were possible kills for him.

Edit: Also mentioned Paws and Lawper by name in thread.

Last edited:
Day One mayor vote

Stagg (1) - cray
Paws (1) - Cubs
Am (1) - Am
Lawpy (1) - lawpy
Mel (1)- Mel
Stagg (2)- stagg
Stagg (3) - grebes
Grebes (1) - mutts
Barks (1) - barks
Mel
(2) - shelter
Paws (2)- mpm
Paws (3) - paws
Mel (3) - wz
Role teaser
Lawpy (2)- Allie (1 hr later)
Barks (2)- doggo (1.75 hrs later)
All roles out 2.5 hrs later
MJ (1) - mj (4.25 hrs after all roles out)
Vote closed
Missing: mspro, vmh, Dina, dolph

Day Two FINAL

MPM () -
dolphin (1) - AM
Mutts () -
Barks (8) - dolphin, Paws, MJ, shelter, Lawpy, allie, Mel, Ms P
Stagg (2) - cubs, vmh
vmh () -
Doggo () -
Lawper (1) - cray
Shelter (4) - MPM, Barks, Doggo, mutts
cubs (1) - Stagg
Grebes (1) - dubz
Paws () -
MsP (1) - grebes

19/19 voting

Day Three FINAL

Ms Pro (5) - Lawpy, Shelter, grebes, Doggo, Dina
Grebes (1) - Dubz
Cubs (1) - Mel
VMH (1) - dolphin
Dolphin (3) - paws, meats, Stagg
Shelter (2) - Cubs, Mutts
Lawpy (1) - Ms Pro

14/17 voting
missing cray, allie, MPM,

Because I remember him addressing MJ. I just looked them up:

Mel mentioned Barks and MPM by name in thread.

He @ addressed Cray, VMH, MJ, Shelter, MsP, and myself.

Barks and MsP were lynched. AM he never addressed or mentioned unless I missed it, and AM and MJ died on the same night. So he could have done MJ and/or Cray, I guess no real way of confirming that, but knowing those were possible kills for him.
What day did he mention Cray? I am just not sure that it would work without some sort of delay mechanism. I agree that MJ could have been a Mel kill though maybe. Just not sold on Cray, but thats pretty impossible to prove unless someone else dies with an extra kill mechanism.

I also want to mention that I am super weirded out by all of the night kill choices. It seems like a lot of the veteran players are getting killed off early. This makes me wonder if the wolf pack is kind of nooby... maybe one veteran included