Worst part about doing applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is the worst part of applications for you?

• Filling out application

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Getting transcripts and GRE's all in and accounted for

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Gathering letters of recommendation

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Essays

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Paying application fees

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

VelcroSky

U of MN Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd see what your opinions on this were.

For me, I have five schools to get transcripts sent to seven schools that I'm applying to so it has been a bit of a hassle.

Members don't see this ad.

For me, it's been the LORs ... well, just one in particular which STILL has not been submitted!

Have to say the transcripts are a close second, though - mine are from 4 different schools.

i wanted to also put the FEES. i mean, what is the VMCAS for, honestly-when you STILL have to pay fees for the supplemental apps? what the heck is all that about?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 4 schools transcripts being sent to 15 vet schools. Still, the essays are much more time comsuming. :(

I most enjoy re-entering (ad nauseum) my transcript info into each supplemental application, as though:
1) they don't already have my transcript
2) I didn't already enter that info in to the VMCAS site
:mad:

its ridiculous, isn't it? I almost feel like they're trying to prevent me from applying with all this redundant poop.

I most enjoy re-entering (ad nauseum) my transcript info into each supplemental application, as though:
1) they don't already have my transcript
2) I didn't already enter that info in to the VMCAS site
:mad:

Yeah, that is rough. The school that I did the bulk of my undergrad work was mostly all 1 or 2 credit classes and so for most semester I had 8-10 classes! It took forever.

Although its a bit different in Australia, some of the application process is similar (very glad I don't have to deal with VMCAS).

I think the worst part for me has been the essays or pseudo essays. I still have not written my one for Murdoch yet and it is due on either the 28th or 30th :eek:

It's been GRE scores for me. I retook it about a month ago, and cancelled the scores before seeing them. Upon finding out that my schools only look at your highest score, I tried to get them reinstated and sent. Since then, I've talked to lots of people at ETS who say that they didn't get my fax, that they can't track down a fax, that there's no record I sent the request, that they can't confirm that they received my fax the second time I tried, and that even if they did get the fax they can't confirm that my test is being scored until after it's finished. I noticed that after the first (and most polite) call, they stopped asking if I wanted to do a customer service survey...

you guys just wait til you get past the apps to the *waiting* part. then decide what's your least favorite! :thumbdown:

For me it has definitely been my LORs!!! I guess I'm a control freak, but I hate that I have to rely on these other people to get the letters in by the deadline. Two of my LOR writers still have not done it and my professor seems to be MIA after 2 emails that have not been responded to. It kills me that if either of these people miss the deadline, I've spent a ton of time and money for nothing. I even had a nightmare where this happened:scared:

Rebeki -- I'm in the same boat. One of my LOR writers still has not submitted and I haven't heard a peep from him!!! I can't believe everything could go down the drain because of someone already in the field!!!

you guys just wait til you get past the apps to the *waiting* part. then decide what's your least favorite! :thumbdown:

Too true!

If all goes well, then there will also be angst over interviews, which school to attend, moving, financial aid, whether or not you will be successful at school, and more ;)

I have to say the worst part is the fact that the VMCAS website continues to time out on me while I'm submitting information. I then have to go away for a while, log back on and try to enter the information again. Each step is taking so long to process it's ridiculous.

This may be entirely stupid, but the hardest part for me is clicking the submit button! Even though I rechecked my application several times I am still always afraid I made some sort of dumb mistake!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I hear ya. This is my second time around so I've been there. However, I am right now just so relieved to have the applications done with (except for making sure all the transcripts get in :::argh:::) that I plan on not allowing the waiting part get to me until January, when I can start checking my email incessantly and waiting for the phone to ring.

The essays are killer. Writing about *yourself* is so :sleep:....

I have been so lucky with my LORs and for that I am eternally grateful!