Wvsom??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DO2BEFINALLY

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION. WHY HAVE THERE NOT BEEN ANY POSTS ABOUT WVSOM? HOW ODES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT WVSOM? I INTERVIEWED THERE AND THE PEOPLE WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND THE SCHOOL RANK IN THE TOP 10 IN US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT FOR PRIMARY CARE. JUST CURIOUS ABOUT EVERYONES FEELING FOR THE SCHOOL!!! THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted there too, but have chosen not to go. My impressions were generally positive regarding the staff and the students, but the fact that tuition will be close to $40K next year is ridiculous. They are ranked for RURAL primary care in US News (which has ludicrous ranking schemes anyway) and I'm not so sure that I want to practice medicine in a town that small. The facilities were very nice and I truly was impressed with the people, but, for me, it seemed that by going there my career was being mapped out for me already. The school is very VERY centered on rural healthcare. I'm just not sure that I am. After I was accepted I wondered about residency placements in more competitive programs and felt like I needed to go somewhere other than WVSOM.

***Once again, the MOST valid opinion or ranking for schools is the one that YOU create for yourself. If WVSOM feels good for you, go for it! You won't be sorry.

Good luck,

How long was it before you guys heard back after your interview at WVSOM?