2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I'm a current student, happy to help!
Hi:) I just got accepted today and I am looking for an apartment close to the campus and fairly new. Do you have any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi:) I just got accepted today and I am looking for an apartment close to the campus and fairly new. Do you have any recommendations?
If you could. find some listings and then just visit the town. Most of the available apartments/houses are close by

Hi everyone! I was wondering if there was an accepted students page or GroupMe? If there is could someone please DM the links? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted last week and was wondering if everyone’s transcripts still stay under review? Anyone know when it will be finalized?

Do people get in at this school with a 498
I was waitlisted and accepted last week. Had a 498, 3.4 science gpa, 3.6 regular gpa, lots of shadowing hours and some clinical job experience

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it was pretty easy. You use the link they give you in your email to access the waiver and then submit your info. Note, the deadline for incoming students is June 30th.

Yes, it was pretty easy. You use the link they give you in your email to access the waiver and then submit your info. Note, the deadline for incoming students is June 30th.
Hi! I wanted to kindly ask if you can submit the waiver without the actual insurance ID cards Bc I haven’t received mine still? Even tho I do have active insurance and I was approved..

Maybe, I think it's necessary for the waiver form but you could also email or call admissions to find out. They're normally really helpful.

They have declined our waiver!! Based on deductible amount on the current insurance. Doesn't make sense at all as current insurance is fully funded backed by funded HSA account to cover for any deductible.

Got into a school closer to home -- just released my seat. Hope somebody here gets it

Did anyone who was 'decision deferred' get a phone call today?

Do we really HAVE to buy all the textbooks listed or can we get away without buying the textbooks? And if we really need all textbooks then do we have to buy them from school bookstore? I really am struggling with financial issues.. please help!

So I was just invited for an interview! I thought it was well past interview time!

Do we really HAVE to buy all the textbooks listed or can we get away without buying the textbooks? And if we really need all textbooks then do we have to buy them from school bookstore? I really am struggling with financial issues.. please help!
I attended the student organization q&a on Wednesday and they talked a little about books. The students said almost all are online and the library has at least one copy of all books. Sounds like you don’t need to buy them unless you prefer hard copies. I am waiting to buy any books and supplies until I talk to the mentor they connect us with by July 10th. However, there were a few the students on the panel recommended buying:
-Bloomingfield neuro
-Opp manual
-BRS Physiology book-practice questions good for exam and board prep
-Atlas of anatomy (any kind)
-Sketchy micro-especially for skin, respiratory, and cv (not on book list)
-How to read ekgs little orange book (not sure of name)
-USMLE First aid (not on book list)

Oh. Now that is interesting. I too thought they were done.
unless its for the 2021-2022 cycle? but I haven't even gotten secondaries for the school yet. So slightly confused and nervous LOL.

Any current WVSOM students here that could tell me about the school?

Does anyone know if the secondaries are 500 characters or less, for with spaces or without spaces? Thanks for any help and good luck with applying this cycle!

Does anyone know if the secondaries are 500 characters or less, for with spaces or without spaces? Thanks for any help and good luck with applying this cycle!
Just a heads up, this is the thread for last years application cycle!

• Haha