2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checked my portal, it says “Accept (Rollover)”

am I going to be a doctor?
What’s the rollover mean?

Update: checked former threads and called to confirmed my understanding. I was accepted to the class of 2026. I may be moved to the class of 2025 if a space opens up. Anyone else get this email?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Update: checked former threads and called to confirmed my understanding. I was accepted to the class of 2026. I may be moved to the class of 2025 if a space opens up. Anyone else get this email?
Their email probably has explained it. You may call/email the admissions committee. Did the letter ask you to make a deposit?

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah got this email too! I think we a guaranteed a seat for 2026 if one doesn't open up this year. Congrats future doctor!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah got this email too! I think we a guaranteed a seat for 2026 if one doesn't open up this year. Congrats future doctor!
Yep. We are. So I’m glad I don’t have to reapply or take the MCAT or send my application tonight to spend 60,000 on an SMP.

congrats to you too!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I hope you guys are staying safe and happy! I am looking for some help— How safe is Lewisburg? I was wondering what places off campus current WVSOM students would recommend living?

Congratulations!
what were your stats?

I’m sure this has been answered. They provide laptops don’t they?

Hello everyone, I hope you’re staying safe and happy! I had a few questions about housing/finding the best place to live. Any current WVSOM students here who could provide some feedback. I am feeling really overwhelmed and need some guidance. I appreciate any help! Thank you so much!!

• Care
Hello! Are there any current accepted females students looking for a roommate and trying to work out a living situation? Please feel free to reach me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, I hope you’re staying safe and happy! I had a few questions about housing/finding the best place to live. Any current WVSOM students here who could provide some feedback. I am feeling really overwhelmed and need some guidance. I appreciate any help! Thank you so much!!
Hi! I'm a current student, happy to help!

Did anyone apply/get passed the screen/get accepted with a sub 3.2 sGPA?

Anyone else who has their college transcripts under review on the portal? In the checklist section? Highlighted in blue.

Yes (my brother has it), as I understand it if you have updated your grades for in-progress courses then they are reviewing it now. If you have not, a final transcript from your universities must be sent directly to them by June 1st.

Yes (my brother has it), as I understand it if you have updated your grades for in-progress courses then they are reviewing it now. If you have not, a final transcript from your universities must be sent directly to them by June 1st.
Thanks,
My transcripts are up to date and I didn’t have any in progress courses. Also, I am still on the alternate list..

Yeah, I don't know if it means anything but my brother who is accepted has it so maybe it means something in terms of that. I don't know when the WL movement starts but maybe they are making movements towards that.

Anyone else who has their college transcripts under review on the portal? In the checklist section? Highlighted in blue.
Anybody on the alternate list has this on their portal? In the checklist section?

Any rollover aceptees been moved from class of 2026 to 2025?

• Care
Hey I was wondering when does this school give out the Rejection emails- I have not gotten an interview from them and I think their app cycle is closed now?

• Care
Hey I was wondering when does this school give out the Rejection emails- I have not gotten an interview from them and I think their app cycle is closed now?
I’m very sorry to say, but since you have not been interviewed at this point, unless you have an acceptance elsewhere I think it’s best to prepare for next cycle. I was accepted but won’t start until 2026 unless a seat becomes available. Beyond that they will pull from the WL.

Best of luck

Should I consider reapplying. I haven’t heard back from the alternate list yet. Losing hope.

Pre II R, but I never filled out the secondary so it was expected ;)

Hello! On the educational costs page, WVSOM has listed domicile insurance ($110)
Does anyone know what that is and if everyone is required to have it?

Hello! On the educational costs page, WVSOM has listed domicile insurance ($110)
Does anyone know what that is and if everyone is required to have it?
Domicile means residence so I’m assuming it means renters insurance. Most apartments/renters require you to buy a renters policy which is usually very reasonable. I’ve always paid mine for the whole year and it’s about 100 dollars.

Domicile means residence so I’m assuming it means renters insurance. Most apartments/renters require you to buy a renters policy which is usually very reasonable. I’ve always paid mine for the whole year and it’s about 100 dollars.
Great, thank you so much!!!

Hello everyone! I had a thought and I wanted to ask what’s the best way to go about this situation- if you sign the lease for a place of living for a certain school but, last minute you get acceptance from your top school?

Hello everyone! I had a thought and I wanted to ask what’s the best way to go about this situation- if you sign the lease for a place of living for a certain school but, last minute you get acceptance from your top school?
I’m in that dilemma as well. I suggest writing a contract with your landlord for early termination. Maybe you guys can negotiate some terms but highly doubt it.

• Love
It seems like there is no alternate list movement happening

• Sad
Just withdrew my seat here. I hope it soon goes to someone waiting, good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
has anyone on the alternate list heard anything? :confused:

• Care
WIthdrew my acceptance from here today. I hope my seat goes to one of you future doctors!

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed a while ago giving up my waitlist/rollover spot. Ronny called me yesterday to offer me a seat and I said I was headed elsewhere. Hope it goes to one of you five applicants on the WL.

Accepted today at UIWSOM and WVSOM. Decided to go to PCOM. All the best to ALL of you.