2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine says this when i put in my ssdn
FAIL - We have a different SSN on file. Please call (800) 356-7836 to speak to Admissions.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine says this when i put in my ssdn
FAIL - We have a different SSN on file. Please call (800) 356-7836 to speak to Admissions.
Are you sure you’re putting the right ssn? The one that is already on file

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if rejection post-interview can be due to stats rather than interview performance? I thought my interview went well this week but I am so nervous for the decision now because I received a rejection from another school post interview :(
WVSOM is my dream school and I hope they can see that, but since it is late in the cycle so I understand if they are being more selective. if anyone has insight I would appreciate it
my MCAT is above average for this school but my GPA is low

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It's a complete picture. I think most schools give you an overall score and interviews are a part of it and so is everything else you submitted. Good luck with your outcome!

• Care
does anyone know if rejection post-interview can be due to stats rather than interview performance? I thought my interview went well this week but I am so nervous for the decision now because I received a rejection from another school post interview :(
WVSOM is my dream school and I hope they can see that, but since it is late in the cycle so I understand if they are being more selective. if anyone has insight I would appreciate it
my MCAT is above average for this school but my GPA is low
Have you sent them a letter of interest?

Hey everyone! I got accepted here and was wondering if there is a FB group or something for incoming students to connect and maybe find roommates.
Hi! If you don't mind sharing, were you accepted recently or long before now??

Hi guys I was wondering is this school done interviewing?

Rejected this morning post WL
interview. Not too sad as I didn’t see myself as a good fit for this school. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Could someone please kindly answer my question!! Who should the letter of interest be dedicated to?

I have not, as I just interviewed two days ago- would you suggest I send one in?
I think if this is the school for you and you are anticipating a decision soon (they have a short turn-around I think), definitely send them a letter of interest. And you can email one of the admissions counselors to add to your file.

I've been trying to find a good LOI structure/ this is what I came up with but everyone has different ideas:

First paragraph: Introduction, Thank you again for the opportunity to interview, *explicitly state that you would commit to this school if accepted*

Second paragraph: Reasons why this school is a good fit for you ~ pick things unique to the school & wanting to practice rural medicine/in WV or nearby

Third paragraph: Anything new since your last update or letter (probably not going to be much different from your thank you letter) and/or

Third/Fourth paragraph: you can reiterate what makes you a perfect fit (attributes that you have that you feel you can contribute to their student cohort) & conclusion. "I sincerely hope that I will be able to join this year's entering class at WVSOM"

Signature

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question to those who have not heard back from this school yet are we all getting rejected now?

I have a question to those who have not heard back from this school yet are we all getting rejected now?
Def think there will be some waitlist movement in the next couple of months as accepted students get accepted to schools closer to home (also from the waitlist). But then again this cycle has been super competive, so not 100% sure if the waitlist movement will be comparable to the last years. If that makes sense...

I just got accepted!!! This school is my first acceptance so far, interviewed here on 3/12 for the waitlist

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just got accepted!!! This school is my first acceptance so far, interviewed here on 3/12 for the waitlist
Thank you for letting us know. Been waiting for this movement! Congratulations! Could you share your stats?

CONGRATULATIONS

Was it WL and then Acceptance ?
THANK YOU!! I never got put on the WL even though my interview was for the WL I just got an email this morning saying I was accepted. My cGPA is 3.91, sGPA is 3.92,MCAT is 505, and I have about 500 hours of patient care hours.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
THANK YOU!! I never got put on the WL even though my interview was for the WL I just got an email this morning saying I was accepted. My cGPA is 3.91, sGPA is 3.92,MCAT is 505, and I have about 500 hours of patient care hours.
congrats!!!

• Care
Congrats!! I interviewed 3/12 as well and was waitlisted today.

• Care
Accepted from WL today!!! Interviewed on 3/4 put on waitlist a week later and accepted today!!! Secondary completed 1/14/2021!! First acceptance 3.74/514 Lots of volunteer hours, shadowing, research paper

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted from WL today!!! Interviewed on 3/4 put on waitlist a week later and accepted today!!! Secondary completed 1/14/2021!! First acceptance 3.74/514 Lots of volunteer hours, shadowing, research paper
Congratulations! Did you get an email/call or just change in status?

Congrats!! Did you send any update letters/LOIs?

Congratulations! Did you get an email/call or just change in status?
email and change of status. Just so you know I am a parent of the candidate, who got sucked into this roller coaster for past 2-3 months,. Wish best of luck to all of you, sincerely hope that all of your hard work pays off.

• Care
Has anyone withdrawn their acceptance from this school. Please don’t wait to withdraw acceptances and from the waitlist if anyone has been accepted else where

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have wvsom’s match list for this year?

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when financial aid emails go out? The next steps page says late march so I was wondering if it would be sometime soon. Also, to current students, historically, how difficult is it to achieve the GTA (Graduate Teaching Assistant) position in the third/fourth year?

I’m waitlisted for this school. Is the incoming class getting full?
Last week two of us reported here on SDN that they got A from WL, so there probably may be more who are not on SDN. To us they have given dates for 1st deposit of 04/01 and second deposit date of 04/15. Not sure what those dates are for candidates who got offers in prior 2-4 weeks. Hope I get offer from two places close to us before these dates and save $2-3K

Anymore alternate movement?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Match rate: 96.5%
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 2.31.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users