2020-2021 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just declined my II and withdrew my application, hopefully it will go to one of you guys!! Best of luck to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
has anyone heard back anything from the 2/19 interview ??? Also, does anyone know if the second year students that spoke to us after our initial interview were also being treated as part of the interview based on our questions??? Like do the second years contribute to the final decision based on their interaction with us ??

has anyone heard back anything from the 2/19 interview ??? Also, does anyone know if the second year students that spoke to us after our initial interview were also being treated as part of the interview based on our questions??? Like do the second years contribute to the final decision based on their interaction with us ??
During my interview, the students said their input didn't influence the decision unless was some sort of major red flag during the session.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else’s MyWVSOM page looking weird? I can’t see the application status option anymore, it just has a my profile link with only my address in the profile when I click on it

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else’s MyWVSOM page looking weird? I can’t see the application status option anymore, it just has a my profile link with only my address in the profile when I click on it
Same, I don’t know why

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted student here, dashboard also looking changed, probably some IT glitch ?

Can any current students talk about housing in the area? I am trying to get an idea of where most med students live

Has anyone who's interviewed in the past 2 weeks heard back?

Yes, interviewed on 2/18. Got placed on alternate list because class is full
how does alternate list work? do we know how long it is, is it just in the order that we interview?
curious bc I am interviewing 3/8 and hope I have a shot on getting off of it if accepted!

how does alternate list work? do we know how long it is, is it just in the order that we interview?
curious bc I am interviewing 3/8 and hope I have a shot on getting off of it if accepted!
I think, alternate list people will hear back after march 15 because that’s when second deposit is due. 🤞

• Wow
I've been complete since October.. should I start worrying about rejection at this point?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I've been complete since October.. should I start worrying about rejection at this point?
I submitted my secondary last week! I emailed the admissions and according to them the last interview is scheduled to be March 12. I am concerned if I don’t get scheduled for interview by March 12, it would mean a R :(

Hello everyone! I’ve have an interview coming up and I am feeling quite nervous. Would one of you kind people please share with me what kind of questions I should prepare for and if anyone was asked any tough or ethical questions? Thank you so so much!

Hello everyone! I’ve have an interview coming up and I am feeling quite nervous. Would one of you kind people please share with me what kind of questions I should prepare for and if anyone was asked any tough or ethical questions? Thank you so so much!
Why WVSOM, why rural, explain poor grades. Make sure you have at least 4+ questions on hand. There was one ethical scenario question, not a big deal at all.

Why WVSOM, why rural, explain poor grades. Make sure you have at least 4+ questions on hand. There was one ethical scenario question, not a big deal at all.
Would like to add it was a very relaxed interview and everyone seemed super friendly! Don't be nervous :)

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the timing of their interview day and what time it ended?

8:15 AM - 2:00 PM. Interview first from 8:15 AM to 11:30 AM. Then other sessions are hosted from 11:30 AM to about 2:00 PM. GL!! I haven't interviewed but my brother did. It seems like a really great school.

I submitted my secondary last week! I emailed the admissions and according to them the last interview is scheduled to be March 12. I am concerned if I don’t get scheduled for interview by March 12, it would mean a R :(
Welp this means I’m getting the R because I was complete back in december

• Hmm
I was completed 08/31. Just got a II but I'm kind of disappointed. All interview slots are scheduled after Feb 24, and email says:

"As of February 10, 2021 all applicants who interview starting February 22, 2021 and are accepted will be placed our our Alternate (wait) List."

Seriously? Interviewing off the bat for a seat on the waitlist?
Kind of confused: How is it accepted and placed in WL?

How long is the actual interview? It says interviews start at 8:50 and conclude at 11:30 but can’t imagine the actual interview being this long.

How long is the actual interview? It says interviews start at 8:50 and conclude at 11:30 but can’t imagine the actual interview being this long.
It was about 30 minutes long

So interview times vary between 8:15 to 10:30. They last 30 minutes then you log back on at 11:30 for the last 2.5 hours.

I talked with Kim back and forth and she sounded pretty confident that once the second deposit deadline passes (March 15), there will be a lot of WL movement. I guess that’s why they have no problem adding more people to the WL. The WL is not ranked btw, she said whenever someone drops, the adcoms meet and go through all applicants on the WL and choose someone fill that spot. Idk how true that is so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I talked with Kim back and forth and she sounded pretty confident that once the second deposit deadline passes (March 15), there will be a lot of WL movement. I guess that’s why they have no problem adding more people to the WL. The WL is not ranked btw, she said whenever someone drops, the adcoms meet and go through all applicants on the WL and choose someone fill that spot. Idk how true that is so 🤷🏻‍♂️
It is ranked.

There’s also a chance that you’ll just be accepted. I thought I was interviewing for a waitlist spot as well but I got an A thankfully.

There’s also a chance that you’ll just be accepted. I thought I was interviewing for a waitlist spot as well but I got an A thankfully.
Thats great! Did your II specifically said that you will be interviewed for WL spot?

Thats great! Did your II specifically said that you will be interviewed for WL spot?
I got an email the day after my II stating accepted applicants who interview starting February 22, 2021 (which is when my interview was scheduled ) will be placed on the Alternate/waitlist List.

My LORs were uploaded to my portal yesterday. Should I get my hopes up for an interview invite ? 😩

I got an email the day after my II stating accepted applicants who interview starting February 22, 2021 (which is when my interview was scheduled ) will be placed on the Alternate/waitlist List.
do you remember how long it took to hear back after the interview?