You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wwar of Three WWorlds- Game Thread
Started by Lupin21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Day 7 Lynch Tally:
Jil (3)- , LIS, nyan, SOV
nyan (3)- kara, , FB, Jil
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
Lynch close 11PM EST ~15 min remain
Jil (3)- , LIS, nyan, SOV
nyan (3)- kara, , FB, Jil
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
Lynch close 11PM EST ~15 min remain
Another tie? If ny goes and is a wolf, that should still give villagers another day, right? I really do feel like the one basics game where dvmd totally set me up to be lynched and wolves won. If AM is a wolf, she played a really good game imo, but from our pm, I suspect her slightly less. Good luck villagers. LIS has got to go next.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 7 Lynch Tally:
Jil (3)- , LIS, nyan, SOV
nyan (3)- kara, , FB, Jil
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
Lynch close 11PM EST ~5 min remain
Jil (3)- , LIS, nyan, SOV
nyan (3)- kara, , FB, Jil
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
Lynch close 11PM EST ~5 min remain
Another tie? If ny goes and is a wolf, that should still give villagers another day, right? I really do feel like the one basics game where dvmd totally set me up to be lynched and wolves won. If AM is a wolf, she played a really good game imo, but from our pm, I suspect her slightly less. Good luck villagers. LIS has got to go next.
I'd rather do a 3-way and increase the chances of snagging a wolf tbh.
unlynch jil, lynch nyanko
Lynch Closed.
Day 7 Final Lynch Tally:
Jil (2)- , LIS, , SOV
nyan (4)- kara, , FB, Jil, nyan
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
Day 7 Final Lynch Tally:
Jil (2)- , LIS, , SOV
nyan (4)- kara, , FB, Jil, nyan
kara (1)- AM
7/7 votes
This makes me really uncomfortable.
Unlynch Jil
Lynch Kara
I don't know what to think anymore.
You have GOT to be kidding me.
So you ARE the third wolf, then.
Sigh.
Dammit.
So the final wolves are Nyanko, Jil, and AM??
I can't see any other reason for the voting to go the way it is....
@Karabiner13 @Filly Bay you guys need to get in here and vote Jilary...
I can't see any other reason for the voting to go the way it is....
@Karabiner13 @Filly Bay you guys need to get in here and vote Jilary...
(I think, anyway.)
Oh, closed. I didn't see that.
Bummer.
Bummer.
I'd rather do a 3-way and increase the chances of snagging a wolf tbh.
You HAVE to be a wolf.
For your sake, I hope so. Because if you're a villager ... and you switched off to try and get a last-second 3-way ... with 7 votes ....
.... that might just qualify as the stupidest WW move I've ever seen.
But I presume you're a wolf. In which case congrats are in order!
Man. Too bad Trilt shifted the whole gatekeeper thing to you. No way she could have known, so not really her fault ... just bad dumb luck.
Day 7-
So many dead. Those that fought for the restoration of balance between the world, they were destroyed. Magicians, Animoids, Mechs. No one was immune to those that had worked years bringing their desires for power into reality. They had gathered some of the most trusted from each planet. Beings that others would never in a million years suspect had a black soul. So few left to fight. The last battle was upon them this day. The WWar of Three Wworlds had reached its climax. On Hatari would be where the fate of the worlds would be hung. A magician and an animoid were surrounded. "You both must die!" was the decree. A sense of unease accompanied that order though. Something wasn't right. The magician laughed and turned to the animoid at her side. "Time to reveal to them your true self now, I think." The animoid facade faded and revealed only mechanical upgrades were responsible for the appearance. "I have been lying to you all this entire time!" came the cackle. "You poor ignorant bastards! You really think the death of that other mech was incorrectly identified as another mech?! Then you believed me when I claimed that damn mech Jailer was responsible for saving poor little me. Ahahahhahahaha! I was actually on my way to kill two more of your pathetic kind! You deserve to lose this planet to us! We are superior in every way."
Angered, a group of animoids attacked the magician, but were surprised when hidden under her cloak was the best Hatari Amor, preventing blows from having any effect. They were horrified at the sudden realization that they had been played once again. With a burst of light, Aphi blew the group away from her, and the mech instantly released the trap, capturing one in a steel cage hung from a tree. Aphi used the same forbidden spell she'd used on that damn Tracker to take his life.
Aphi's name is well-known throughout Cthulu. Well, at least that's what she goes by to the outside world. Even from a young age, she was quite the social chameleon, able to easily endear herself to her fellow mages and to...other cultures as well. She is easily able to pick up on social cues and fit her persona to the situation as needed. She did just well enough to get by in her studies, but primarily because such things bored her. Actually, most things bore her, and most other people do too. But she'd never let on, feigning such emotions as enthusiasm for their successes, encouragement for their insecurities, and empathy for their struggles. And she is good at what she does. So good, that many people consider her to be a trusted advisor and confidant. It doesn't hurt that she is wealthy, having obtained a large inheritance from her....er, quite unfortunately late....previous lover. Of course, it was extremely tragic what happened there. Extremely.
Who was this poor soul whose day ended not as expected? Toigar, the Private Dick known to all on Hatari. His exploits were later turned into a very enjoyable novel. This last entry in his records is as follows:
The rain came down like all the angels in heaven decided to take a piss at the same time. I glanced outside the rattling, cracked window. Tough decision - stay another two hours or get started on my real full-time job - pounding back vodka tonics at Ray's Happy Birthday Bar and making small talk with Leòmhann, the dame that kept the vodka tonics coming. Odd name for a bar, where nobody's happy and nobody wants to celebrate another birthday. But what the hell; Leòmhann is easy on the eyes, so I put cash in Ray's pocket to forget my miserable existence as a private dick on Hatari. Leòmhann. The kinda dame that leads straight to trouble and right on to misery, express lane the entire trip. My express lane didn't seem to have any road signs - I had no idea where I was going, what was waiting for me at the end, or if there was even a point to it all.
Next, Aphi turned to a timid animoid who had not wanted to be a part of any of this. Soft hearted, she had only wanted things to go back to the way there were. She had been happy. She had just graduated medical school to follow in the footsteps of her mentor, Trilt. The news of Trilt's death had taken a huge toll on her heart, so much so she had a hard time leaving her house every day. But she knew she had to push through. So many needed her help. Her gentle soul and light she brought to the world must be shared. She had finally gotten the courage to stand up to nyan and the rest of the beings killing her friends, but Aphi was too powerful. With a haze of purple smoke, nyan extinguished the rabbit's life, but the courage she displayed that day would be told in the history books and she would be made a statue that stood at the doors of the every medical school on Hatari.
With those two taken care of, there was only the gate keeper left to deal with. Here, a decision had to be made. What to do with the gate. There was a magician, a mech, and an animoid in the winner's circle. Did they each want to go back to their own planets of origin and shut down the gate? To rule their own planets might be the best solution to maintain power. With it open, the beings could band together again and retake control. The problem was the mech had no desire to go back to Descartes. "I don't want to go back to that miserable planet!" She yelled. Perhaps it was because she had been hiding as an animoid for so long, but she felt only hatred towards her home planet.
Karynthia was born to a poor family on Descartes. Poverty was common there though, with only very few people enjoying wealth. Karynthia was a smart girl, and rather pretty. She used her brain, and when necessary, good looks to gain access to the tools she needed for upgrades. From the time she was very young, she was always obsessed with eye upgrades, and she started to tinker with her own before she even received her first toolbox on her 5th birthday.
She was hardly ever seen without her best friend Tobiast, and as they grew older, their friendship turned romantic. Karynthia was sure Tobiast was her soulmate and there was nothing she wouldn’t do for him, until the day she found out that he had betrayed her. In just a few moments she learned her best friend from childhood, and the man she loved, wasn’t at all who he said he was. Karynthia vowed from that moment to never allow anyone to fool her ever again, so she began working on an eye upgrade that would allow her to see into people and learn their deepest inner secrets.
"But I don't want you interfering with my plans!" came a voice that had been hidden the entire war. "This is my planet. I have earned the right to rule it as I see fit." These words would have surprised many who knew the speaker. She had changed. On Hatari, she was known as Hawa.
From an early age she was seen as special the earliest memory being that of charging bandits who outmatched her all to protect her brother. Thus on her naming day, she was given the name Hawaogopi, fearless, for naming days are special on Hatari. It is a time when names are chosen to reflect an aspect of the person being named. For there is power in names and it is the hope of all Hatari that the name chosen will be embodied in that person for the rest of their lives. Hawaoagopi or Hawa as her friends called her wished she had been given a different name for it was Huruma she would have chosen. For she had compassion for all beings. But names must be fierce, with power behind them. No one would even consider someone with such a gentle name to be worthy of their attention.
Born into a family of privilege, Hawa was trained in martial arts as soon as her aptitude was discovered. Excelling quickly she became the most ferocious warrior of Hatari. Despite being celebrated throughout the world, Hawa dreamed of a time when the 3 worlds would become one. No longer separated by a gate but instead allowing individuals to pass freely between the worlds thus allowing an exchange of information and cultures never before seen. If not for being born on Hatari and being forced into becoming the ferocious beast she hated, she would have spent time on Cthulu healing the sick, helping the poor and giving back to the worlds she loved in a gentler way. For at heart Hawa was a gentle soul willing to put her life on the line for those she cared for most and those she had yet to meet.
Hawa had many skills but the one people found most surprising (if they even knew of it) was her thievery. Hawa was surprisingly lithe and agile despite being a well muscled warrior. Sneaking up to a victim and then a quick slip and snip and the deed was done with none the wiser. She didn't mind being a thief either for who doesn't love a good Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor. That was exactly why Hawa did it. Well, that and making up for all the kills and families she had destroyed while being the most fearless and celebrated warrior. Tonight she snuck up on her victim unnoticed hoping she would get lucky and find some item buried in those pockets.
Now, she had been corrupted by the desire for power. She had started out wishing to bring more to the three worlds, but had grown bitter at seeing the savageness of the lower classes. And the smugness of the Magicians of Cthulu. Treating the other worlds as second class. She had used Aphi to get to where she was, but now she wanted Hatari to herself. She hated the murderous tendencies of the Mechs and the desolation on Descartes. There was no way she wanted this underhanded cyborg on her beautiful Planet, bringing the greed for upgrades to her people.
The three argued for a time, but in the end, it was decided that each would go back to their own planets and to destroy the gate. The power to turn each of their worlds into what they desired without interference from another.
So what of the Gate Keeper you ask? The ultimate injustice. She had named all three as the conspirators. Begged for anyone from the three planets to listen to her. But she was ignored. No one acknowledged her after the election. I believe this is why the war was lost.
The three travelled to their planets, and at the same time, each of the three destroyed the entries to the gate, leaving AM trapped inside forever.
Oh, what about SOV you ask? Well, he was found many years later, dead with his lover.
JasmineZ223, aka Jazzy. She was a mechanized prostitute built to provide pleasure in even the most inhospitable environments. She had few natural enemies, and was unlikely to be attacked or killed, but was vulnerable just after "coitus" when she had to sanitize her system.
Wolves have won. Thank you so much for playing everyone. I truly enjoyed the participation this game, and hope you had fun as well. 🙂
So many dead. Those that fought for the restoration of balance between the world, they were destroyed. Magicians, Animoids, Mechs. No one was immune to those that had worked years bringing their desires for power into reality. They had gathered some of the most trusted from each planet. Beings that others would never in a million years suspect had a black soul. So few left to fight. The last battle was upon them this day. The WWar of Three Wworlds had reached its climax. On Hatari would be where the fate of the worlds would be hung. A magician and an animoid were surrounded. "You both must die!" was the decree. A sense of unease accompanied that order though. Something wasn't right. The magician laughed and turned to the animoid at her side. "Time to reveal to them your true self now, I think." The animoid facade faded and revealed only mechanical upgrades were responsible for the appearance. "I have been lying to you all this entire time!" came the cackle. "You poor ignorant bastards! You really think the death of that other mech was incorrectly identified as another mech?! Then you believed me when I claimed that damn mech Jailer was responsible for saving poor little me. Ahahahhahahaha! I was actually on my way to kill two more of your pathetic kind! You deserve to lose this planet to us! We are superior in every way."
Angered, a group of animoids attacked the magician, but were surprised when hidden under her cloak was the best Hatari Amor, preventing blows from having any effect. They were horrified at the sudden realization that they had been played once again. With a burst of light, Aphi blew the group away from her, and the mech instantly released the trap, capturing one in a steel cage hung from a tree. Aphi used the same forbidden spell she'd used on that damn Tracker to take his life.
Aphi's name is well-known throughout Cthulu. Well, at least that's what she goes by to the outside world. Even from a young age, she was quite the social chameleon, able to easily endear herself to her fellow mages and to...other cultures as well. She is easily able to pick up on social cues and fit her persona to the situation as needed. She did just well enough to get by in her studies, but primarily because such things bored her. Actually, most things bore her, and most other people do too. But she'd never let on, feigning such emotions as enthusiasm for their successes, encouragement for their insecurities, and empathy for their struggles. And she is good at what she does. So good, that many people consider her to be a trusted advisor and confidant. It doesn't hurt that she is wealthy, having obtained a large inheritance from her....er, quite unfortunately late....previous lover. Of course, it was extremely tragic what happened there. Extremely.
Who was this poor soul whose day ended not as expected? Toigar, the Private Dick known to all on Hatari. His exploits were later turned into a very enjoyable novel. This last entry in his records is as follows:
The rain came down like all the angels in heaven decided to take a piss at the same time. I glanced outside the rattling, cracked window. Tough decision - stay another two hours or get started on my real full-time job - pounding back vodka tonics at Ray's Happy Birthday Bar and making small talk with Leòmhann, the dame that kept the vodka tonics coming. Odd name for a bar, where nobody's happy and nobody wants to celebrate another birthday. But what the hell; Leòmhann is easy on the eyes, so I put cash in Ray's pocket to forget my miserable existence as a private dick on Hatari. Leòmhann. The kinda dame that leads straight to trouble and right on to misery, express lane the entire trip. My express lane didn't seem to have any road signs - I had no idea where I was going, what was waiting for me at the end, or if there was even a point to it all.
Next, Aphi turned to a timid animoid who had not wanted to be a part of any of this. Soft hearted, she had only wanted things to go back to the way there were. She had been happy. She had just graduated medical school to follow in the footsteps of her mentor, Trilt. The news of Trilt's death had taken a huge toll on her heart, so much so she had a hard time leaving her house every day. But she knew she had to push through. So many needed her help. Her gentle soul and light she brought to the world must be shared. She had finally gotten the courage to stand up to nyan and the rest of the beings killing her friends, but Aphi was too powerful. With a haze of purple smoke, nyan extinguished the rabbit's life, but the courage she displayed that day would be told in the history books and she would be made a statue that stood at the doors of the every medical school on Hatari.
With those two taken care of, there was only the gate keeper left to deal with. Here, a decision had to be made. What to do with the gate. There was a magician, a mech, and an animoid in the winner's circle. Did they each want to go back to their own planets of origin and shut down the gate? To rule their own planets might be the best solution to maintain power. With it open, the beings could band together again and retake control. The problem was the mech had no desire to go back to Descartes. "I don't want to go back to that miserable planet!" She yelled. Perhaps it was because she had been hiding as an animoid for so long, but she felt only hatred towards her home planet.
Karynthia was born to a poor family on Descartes. Poverty was common there though, with only very few people enjoying wealth. Karynthia was a smart girl, and rather pretty. She used her brain, and when necessary, good looks to gain access to the tools she needed for upgrades. From the time she was very young, she was always obsessed with eye upgrades, and she started to tinker with her own before she even received her first toolbox on her 5th birthday.
She was hardly ever seen without her best friend Tobiast, and as they grew older, their friendship turned romantic. Karynthia was sure Tobiast was her soulmate and there was nothing she wouldn’t do for him, until the day she found out that he had betrayed her. In just a few moments she learned her best friend from childhood, and the man she loved, wasn’t at all who he said he was. Karynthia vowed from that moment to never allow anyone to fool her ever again, so she began working on an eye upgrade that would allow her to see into people and learn their deepest inner secrets.
"But I don't want you interfering with my plans!" came a voice that had been hidden the entire war. "This is my planet. I have earned the right to rule it as I see fit." These words would have surprised many who knew the speaker. She had changed. On Hatari, she was known as Hawa.
From an early age she was seen as special the earliest memory being that of charging bandits who outmatched her all to protect her brother. Thus on her naming day, she was given the name Hawaogopi, fearless, for naming days are special on Hatari. It is a time when names are chosen to reflect an aspect of the person being named. For there is power in names and it is the hope of all Hatari that the name chosen will be embodied in that person for the rest of their lives. Hawaoagopi or Hawa as her friends called her wished she had been given a different name for it was Huruma she would have chosen. For she had compassion for all beings. But names must be fierce, with power behind them. No one would even consider someone with such a gentle name to be worthy of their attention.
Born into a family of privilege, Hawa was trained in martial arts as soon as her aptitude was discovered. Excelling quickly she became the most ferocious warrior of Hatari. Despite being celebrated throughout the world, Hawa dreamed of a time when the 3 worlds would become one. No longer separated by a gate but instead allowing individuals to pass freely between the worlds thus allowing an exchange of information and cultures never before seen. If not for being born on Hatari and being forced into becoming the ferocious beast she hated, she would have spent time on Cthulu healing the sick, helping the poor and giving back to the worlds she loved in a gentler way. For at heart Hawa was a gentle soul willing to put her life on the line for those she cared for most and those she had yet to meet.
Hawa had many skills but the one people found most surprising (if they even knew of it) was her thievery. Hawa was surprisingly lithe and agile despite being a well muscled warrior. Sneaking up to a victim and then a quick slip and snip and the deed was done with none the wiser. She didn't mind being a thief either for who doesn't love a good Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor. That was exactly why Hawa did it. Well, that and making up for all the kills and families she had destroyed while being the most fearless and celebrated warrior. Tonight she snuck up on her victim unnoticed hoping she would get lucky and find some item buried in those pockets.
Now, she had been corrupted by the desire for power. She had started out wishing to bring more to the three worlds, but had grown bitter at seeing the savageness of the lower classes. And the smugness of the Magicians of Cthulu. Treating the other worlds as second class. She had used Aphi to get to where she was, but now she wanted Hatari to herself. She hated the murderous tendencies of the Mechs and the desolation on Descartes. There was no way she wanted this underhanded cyborg on her beautiful Planet, bringing the greed for upgrades to her people.
The three argued for a time, but in the end, it was decided that each would go back to their own planets and to destroy the gate. The power to turn each of their worlds into what they desired without interference from another.
So what of the Gate Keeper you ask? The ultimate injustice. She had named all three as the conspirators. Begged for anyone from the three planets to listen to her. But she was ignored. No one acknowledged her after the election. I believe this is why the war was lost.
The three travelled to their planets, and at the same time, each of the three destroyed the entries to the gate, leaving AM trapped inside forever.
Oh, what about SOV you ask? Well, he was found many years later, dead with his lover.
JasmineZ223, aka Jazzy. She was a mechanized prostitute built to provide pleasure in even the most inhospitable environments. She had few natural enemies, and was unlikely to be attacked or killed, but was vulnerable just after "coitus" when she had to sanitize her system.
Wolves have won. Thank you so much for playing everyone. I truly enjoyed the participation this game, and hope you had fun as well. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming the game is over, so ...
Good game, wolves. I'm not all that sure if it was stellar wolf play or incredibly bad villager play (probs both) that led to the epic frickin' win, but that win was to the wolves what the last game was to the village. I'm glad to see games not <ALWAYS> come down to one final wolf and a couple villagers. That happens so often I feel like the games are too directed. So these last two games have been really cool as far as I'm concerned.
Good game, wolves. I'm not all that sure if it was stellar wolf play or incredibly bad villager play (probs both) that led to the epic frickin' win, but that win was to the wolves what the last game was to the village. I'm glad to see games not <ALWAYS> come down to one final wolf and a couple villagers. That happens so often I feel like the games are too directed. So these last two games have been really cool as far as I'm concerned.
@WildZoo I was telling the truth when I said shelter didn't have any tutelage from me. I pretty much left her to the villagers and let her do the rest. I did think it was funny we both ended up wolves after she had just shadowed me
So who were the wolves. Way too much of a tl;dr without any red names to indicate who was wolf easily.
Roster:
Trout- animal vanilla
Karabou- animal wolf
Dubz- Animal Tracker
Kam- Animal day Assassin
STL- Magic Vanilla
3m- Magic Joat
FFM -Mech Jailer
dds- Magic Vanilla
AM- Animal Vanilla
genny -Magic Vanilla
Filly- Animal Vanilla
Jilary -Mech Wolf
LeTitsNow- Animal Vanilla
SincerelyOneVermin- Mech Vanilla
sheltermed- Godfather Wolf
DVMD- Mech Vanilla
Lord Mad Jack McRustle the Third of Trollsengraad- Mech Vanilla
Amgoose- Magic Protector
nyanko- Magic wolf
SARdines- Mech Vanilla
LotF- Mech SK
Trout- animal vanilla
Karabou- animal wolf
Dubz- Animal Tracker
Kam- Animal day Assassin
STL- Magic Vanilla
3m- Magic Joat
FFM -Mech Jailer
dds- Magic Vanilla
AM- Animal Vanilla
genny -Magic Vanilla
Filly- Animal Vanilla
Jilary -Mech Wolf
LeTitsNow- Animal Vanilla
SincerelyOneVermin- Mech Vanilla
sheltermed- Godfather Wolf
DVMD- Mech Vanilla
Lord Mad Jack McRustle the Third of Trollsengraad- Mech Vanilla
Amgoose- Magic Protector
nyanko- Magic wolf
SARdines- Mech Vanilla
LotF- Mech SK
I never got to use my strongman kills either 🙁
Don't you sass me. I will delete the roster and make you read it.So who were the wolves. Way too much of a tl;dr without any red names to indicate who was wolf easily.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Fantastic game lupes, really loved it. And great job to the wolves. Can't even be mad.
Don't you sass me. I will delete the roster and make you read it.
Too late already saw the roster... 😛
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Grumble.@WildZoo I was telling the truth when I said shelter didn't have any tutelage from me. I pretty much left her to the villagers and let her do the rest. I did think it was funny we both ended up wolves after she had just shadowed me
My final guesses were right though. Yay?
A lot of the strategy to be used this game didn't even get touched upon. I think this setup can actually be used over and over again, even with everything known and be fun.
Lol called two of them. Thanks for the entertainment guys
Gonna enjoy bringing up this game when people **** talk me trying to lynch quiet players next time, lol.
Gonna enjoy bringing up this game when people **** talk me trying to lynch quiet players next time, lol.
But you didn't try to lynch quiet players... you tried to lynch me... 😉
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Idk, that would have led to MJ and filly lynches too 😉 Think it was partly our fault though (maybe not yours, you been dead awhile, but village in general). Focused so much on the groups where wolves were killing, it was very easy for ny and kara to just kind of float along while we killed off all the original Descartes peeps and then went after the ones on Hatari.Gonna enjoy bringing up this game when people **** talk me trying to lynch quiet players next time, lol.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@Jilary were you for reals not around yesterday or were you just biding your time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really sorry again, guys. I feel like this is partially my fault.
Oooo..... it was Devyn that played that tear-jerking "you're such a mean bastard" move on me, not Kaydubs. I think. I didn't fall for it, but she sure made me feel like crap. I felt like she was a little over the line, but.... it's WW.... the line is mobile.
It was kaydubs, I was a wolf with her. And yes, I do think there is a line and yeah it is probably very mobile.
And by me lynch you... you mean you lynch me, right? 😛But you didn't try to lynch quiet players... you tried to lynch me... 😉
Idk, that would have led to MJ and filly lynches too 😉 Think it was partly our fault though (maybe not yours, you been dead awhile, but village in general). Focused so much on the groups where wolves were killing, it was very easy for ny and kara to just kind of float along while we killed off all the original Descartes peeps and then went after the ones on Hatari.
pretty much. We kept thinking of killing elsewhere but I found it to be too much fun having the village hyperfocus on one area. We also got lucky with our kills too with a jailer and protector there
oh!
Not using the gate keeper really hurt village this game. They needed to spread out and when someone most people had issues with was on a planet not with a power villager, that power should have been offered up for the GateKeeper to use for a night. I purposefully built in not knowing if the Gate Keeper was village, but based on how everyone's abilities were used, it would likely have been easy enough to figure out.
Key is still to use posts and votes though to find wolves. I felt like people were really lax here in not making Jil accountable for her votes and timing. There didn't seem to be much questioning in general and making people give thoughts on who they thought was wolfy and why. Too much on trying to find easy ways out by what being they were and mechanics. I purposefully only had a single seer that was affiliation and even used alternating with other powers to make people play a traditional game still in wolf hunting.
Key is still to use posts and votes though to find wolves. I felt like people were really lax here in not making Jil accountable for her votes and timing. There didn't seem to be much questioning in general and making people give thoughts on who they thought was wolfy and why. Too much on trying to find easy ways out by what being they were and mechanics. I purposefully only had a single seer that was affiliation and even used alternating with other powers to make people play a traditional game still in wolf hunting.
And by me lynch you... you mean you lynch me, right? 😛
I was just returning the favor. 😉
I literally didn't lynch you lol. I mentioned you were sketching me out, actually went and looked at past games to figure out why, and then was dead by the time I saw you'd turned around and lynched me for it. 😛I was just returning the favor. 😉
Also, I have put in Nyanko's and Jil's character descriptions for those that wish to read their creative input that I had forgotten to include. And in case people didn't figure it out, italics were player written, with little tweaks here and there from me to make sure it read appropriately for insertion. 🙂
@Animal Midwife great job calling all 3 of us out!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh so it's all @SummerTheLynx's fault? As usual 😉Not using the gate keeper really hurt village this game. They needed to spread out and when someone most people had issues with was on a planet not with a power villager, that power should have been offered up for the GateKeeper to use for a night. I purposefully built in not knowing if the Gate Keeper was village, but based on how everyone's abilities were used, it would likely have been easy enough to figure out.
Key is still to use posts and votes though to find wolves. I felt like people were really lax here in not making Jil accountable for her votes and timing. There didn't seem to be much questioning in general and making people give thoughts on who they thought was wolfy and why. Too much on trying to find easy ways out by what being they were and mechanics. I purposefully only had a single seer that was affiliation and even used alternating with other powers to make people play a traditional game still in wolf hunting.
Gonna enjoy bringing up this game when people **** talk me trying to lynch quiet players next time, lol.
I'm sorta kinda with you.
I think our reasons are different (but I'm not really sure?), but I feel like quiet players are just ... a risk.
First off, there's no real good way to assess them (aside from seering, but people WAY over-value seering).
Second off, even if they are villagers they aren't contributing aside from being a number, so if you DO have some reason to think they're a wolf, lynching them and being wrong costs incrementally less than going after someone very active who turns out to be a villager.
I mean, in the end, I think you go after the people you really think are wolves - regardless of 'quiet' - but ... I'm kinda with ya about giving a little more "wolf" weight to people who are quiet. Not trying to put words in your mouth, though; that may not be how you mean it.
Except Nyanko and STL. They should always be lynched mid-game. Always. Said it before, and I'll keep preaching it. Always always always make sure they don't survive to end game. DocE, too.
Last edited:
Not using the gate keeper really hurt village this game. They needed to spread out and when someone most people had issues with was on a planet not with a power villager, that power should have been offered up for the GateKeeper to use for a night. I purposefully built in not knowing if the Gate Keeper was village, but based on how everyone's abilities were used, it would likely have been easy enough to figure out.
Key is still to use posts and votes though to find wolves. I felt like people were really lax here in not making Jil accountable for her votes and timing. There didn't seem to be much questioning in general and making people give thoughts on who they thought was wolfy and why. Too much on trying to find easy ways out by what being they were and mechanics. I purposefully only had a single seer that was affiliation and even used alternating with other powers to make people play a traditional game still in wolf hunting.
Makes sense (although keep in mind you have the behind-the-scenes look....).
I'm not really sure it's good, bad, or otherwise, but I think part of the lack of questioning in general was that this game was being heavily driven by STL. Once he gets some theory rolling .... it just takes over.
That's not me blaming him, because hey - we're all our own people and we don't have to follow along and we can contribute to push on other people for other reasons. And he SHOULD be pushing his theories. So it's not his fault.
But this game we just got too wrapped up in what STL was thinking ... and he happened to be largely wrong.
He was so remarkably close as usual for all the wrong reasons, then he died and you all marched into the sea. lolOh so it's all @SummerTheLynx's fault? As usual 😉
He was so remarkably close as usual for all the wrong reasons, then he died and you all marched into the sea. lol
![]()
Unfortunately, 'close' doesn't help when it means you're still lynching villagers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, no cigars had this go round. Very lucky even that shelter barely got lynched. hahaUnfortunately, 'close' doesn't help when it means you're still lynching villagers.
I also had the speed setting on this game set for high. I only wanted a short game as I had a twinge, but not a full blown charley horse to mod. So much more death with ties and such that if someone else wanted to give this type of game a go, or even I want to reshuffle and do again at some point, it doesn't have to be done quite the same. Lots of fun changes but same basic design to run again and again.
That, and I just think they're a hell of a lot less fun than people who actually engage. And @Filly Bay knows I mean that with the most love possible, lol.I'm sorta kinda with you.
I think our reasons are different (but I'm not really sure?), but I feel like quiet players are just ... a risk.
First off, there's no real good way to assess them (aside from seering, but people WAY over-value seering).
Second off, even if they are villagers they aren't contributing aside from being a number, so if you DO have some reason to think they're a wolf, lynching them and being wrong costs incrementally less than going after someone very active who turns out to be a villager.
I mean, in the end, I think you go after the people you really think are wolves - regardless of 'quiet' - but ... I'm kinda with ya about giving a little more "wolf" weight to people who are quiet. Not trying to put words in your mouth, though; that may not be how you mean it.
Except Nyanko and STL. They should always be lynched mid-game. Always. Said it before, and I'll keep preaching it. Always always always make sure they don't survive to end game. DocE, too.
And of course I lynch people I think are wolves... but if I'm really not feeling anyone in particular, our players who just sit back and minimally engage are always fair game.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Well I marched into my own personal hell of confusion and paranoia, still managed to get to the right conclusion but was so unsure of everything that I definitely didn't push it hard enough lolHe was so remarkably close as usual for all the wrong reasons, then he died and you all marched into the sea. lol
![]()
Did Jil have the armor yesterday though?
That, and I just think they're a hell of a lot less fun than people who actually engage. And @Filly Bay knows I mean that with the most love possible, lol.
And of course I lynch people I think are wolves... but if I'm really not feeling anyone in particular, our players who just sit back and minimally engage are always fair game.
Yes. Fun <does> matter. It's why even if MJ is right about his assertion that the best winning strategy is utter silence with random votes (I'm not convinced he's right, but for the sake of argument) .... that's still a stupid way to play a game. I mean, what's the point? Might as well just have all our moves automated and we sit back and watch the game happen without input.
That's obviously stupid, so....
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 99K