WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I'm alive (maybe not for long in my other game but in this one I am).
So far from reading I was originally a little off put by AM, not just for her interactions with Skim but with other players. She came off very pushy, granted I haven't played with not novice players so I can see this as a very viable way to get good feels on a lot of people D1. That being said I'm not convinced that AM is wolf atm.
Mel seemed fishy at first but her explanation, her openess, and the general acceptance of the group made me much less suspicious, but thought that like AM above may just be pushing to get feels. I don't see Mel as wolf atm.
Grebies, you're playing very defensive again, and I'm not inclined to trust people that get flustered in a game like this. Though you don't seem as aggressive, but still seemed odd that you over shared very quickly, and seemed sure that a PM between two strangers could solve anything. I don't cry wolf on this, but you are on my list.
Skim. That sucks. But I am a stickler for continuity and when you quoted Moose about last nights action you said you weren't the one who stood "Outside her door", when she said that someone stood infront of them - granted this can be the same thing, but I prefer we all use the same wording and not interpretations.
Moose seems a little naive at this point. Not terribly concerns from her post atm, but still unsure about the "what I know about you/info having" post regarding Mel earlier (please help me if this was satisfactorily explained.
Beagle seems ok atm.
Vetmed has given some reads and general advice but nothing helpful to decide how I feel.
MJ is too nonchalant, sus to me.
Sport and Bark seem to only have feels on Grebes being weird (Which I think is a grneral consensus at this time), any other thoughts?
I tend to like Lawp. I like what they have been saying/how much contributing. Nothing has been suspect to me yet.
Mutt, I will have to go back and check, but I don't remember why ppl are jumping on her.
Sorry it's long but I'm here for the evening and will be contributing more now that my initial reaction is out.

Do we still feel there is a wolf in the Show group? (correct me if I missed something) If those involved cannot provide good feels on anyone in their own group, it may be a random attack by someone from another group to cause misdirection, or not.
Couple of points for your info

Mel is one of the only dudes, as he's not in the vet field this makes sense 😉

#2) I like the list keep em coming

c) MJ is MJ whether woof on no, that's all you'll get out of him but he is an excellent player behind the scenes, even if he takes random advice from drunk PM mates *cough* and then shoots them and they turned out to actually be a woof

bananas) What am I not good enough for your lists?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same wording might be an attempt to eliminate villager code

(Not sure if wording wording was a typo, but since we're talking about an echo, I'm leaving it in case it was a pun pun haha)
It was definitely a typo haha

True, that could be the reason.
 
Could be a boost of some sort maybe?
Like 1 person was able to block 2 people?
Sort of, but shhhh pipe down, you'll disrupt the incoming tinfoil signals!
Nhw2DJ6_d.jpg
 
I’m going to a curling tournament so I will be gone until close to lynch close.

This is one of the most Canadian things I've ever heard, lol.

Based on all of my previous reasons still standing and now not being NKed despite role reveal I’m going to stick with ###lynch grebes### and think others should consider this

This just seems too obvious to me. Kind of like the group with 2 dead villagers having a wolf in it. Could easily be wolves trying to make it seem that way to get a village lynch. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that your though process can easily lead to a lot of WIFOM.

Edit: not really opposed to a Grebes lynch right now, but that wouldn't be my reasoning for it.

It’s more 20 posts at once (more Cray than you) vs responding to every post I dislike. Cause when something was over a day ago, and discussion has occurred and nothing new is said in the new post, it just seems odd to post about it so much later.

This is the norm for Cray and several of us, so NAI imo. Unfortunately you'll have to get used to it, lol.
 
Unofficial D2 Lynch Tally
Cray (1) - Pippy
Sporty (2) - AMSAR, Stagg
Paws (1) - grebes
shelter (2) - mpm, Lawpy
grebes (1) - Beagle

7/23
lynch close in ~3.5 hours
 
Couple of points for your info

Mel is one of the only dudes, as he's not in the vet field this makes sense 😉

#2) I like the list keep em coming

c) MJ is MJ whether woof on no, that's all you'll get out of him but he is an excellent player behind the scenes, even if he takes random advice from drunk PM mates *cough* and then shoots them and they turned out to actually be a woof

bananas) What am I not good enough for your lists?
Lol thanks for the insight. I still have family over so I haven't been able to be antisocial yet today. I will contribute soon hopefully.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Responding to something a day old is just post padding IMO and pointless. So that’s just a weird strategy lol.

Except it lets people know where your thoughts are, as someone pretty much wouldn't respond to it if they'd caught up. And knowing thought processes is important, especially towards endgame. Idk, I think it's valid, especially if someone can't read or get caught up due to work or other irl stuff (although I agree it's often annoying even if I do it too).
 
Except it lets people know where your thoughts are, as someone pretty much wouldn't respond to it if they'd caught up. And knowing thought processes is important, especially towards endgame. Idk, I think it's valid, especially if someone can't read or get caught up due to work or other irl stuff (although I agree it's often annoying even if I do it too).
But when it’s asking questions to someone who can’t even responding?

Posting theories about old things is one thing. But responding to 50 posts is another. That’s what I’m referring to as post padding.
 
Lol, you're good. For now I've got you as village, just initially confused by your initial confusion.



As Capri already said, it wasn't the concern that was the issue. It was that she came on thread and seemed to be freaking out. That's a pretty extreme reaction imo.



Dirks is still alive in the noob game, so I'm cutting him and Ziggy slack for now in terms of participation this game until WWNoobs ends.



A side note that has been mentioned in dead chat and by a few manators since you mentioned in the Noob game that you won't/don't want to lynch people unless you're 100% sure: You're going to lynch villagers. It's going to happen. A LOT. You're even going to lynch power roles, probably more often than you will lynch wolves. Also, it will be pretty rare when you will have the kind of confirmation about a wolf that you had with Grebes, Pickles, and myself in the noob game and will sometimes just have to go with your feelz. It's an unfortunate position for village, but that's WW. So when the other game ends I would like to hear your reads on who you think is most sketch, even if they are just based on feelz.



Doesn't that just come with being a #sketchmason?



:bang::bang::bang::bang:

I get where people are coming from, but in the Noob game everything I said in terms of "teaching" came from a 100% neutral place. If people disagree with my opinions then please speak up, as I don't want to be teaching anything that is incorrect. If I'm that terrible I'll just stop teaching altogether.

That being said, I still am not convinced the Skim role reveal was in the best interest of village and I explained why here:



Yea, I get why she did it and I don't think it was the worst move ever. I just don't think she needed to given it would be revealed if she died and if she had somehow survived then she just handed the wolves essential information.
Thanks for cutting me some slack. I am trying to catch up on this thread. I may not have super meaningful reads on a lot of people since I haven't played with y'all. I get village feels from you and m# at the moment, for the "record".

I have felt really bad about lynching villagers, but I am learning to understand that it's just part of the game.

Just so I am clear, it's pretty bad we have lost the blocker and protector so early, right?
 
Michigan was another game run by these current mods. There's not much else to say about my theory until we catch some wolves because currently all it is is speculation.
So your theory about noob wolves. Do they not put people in a random number generator to select roles?

There's also another explanation I can think of, but I think I'd like to hear if we had 2 people blocked on N1 first
I also want to know why 2 people think they were blocked. That seems weird to me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So your theory about noob wolves. Do they not put people in a random number generator to select roles?


I also want to know why 2 people think they were blocked. That seems weird to me
Most times the wolves are random. But with the amount of noobs playing this game it's still possible. Especially with my tinfoil hat theory of the pack growing by converting...much more likely the pack could have started with one or two noobs. But I'm not putting much weight on that theory as we have literally no indication that's happening.

2 people think they were blocked because 2 people supposedly were told someone stood in front of them all night. Fwiw I feel better about Barkley's claim just because she posted the wording first.
 
I don't mind a little heat. Enjoy it, in fact :naughty:

I'm a vanilla sheltie. I do nothing but sit here and be useless, same as irl!

I was gonna reiterate that I just have trouble coming up with reads at the start of games, but I think you guys are the same way if you think lynching me is a good idea.

Thats all I got! Have fun 😉

####lynch am####

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
 
He had an idea about who might be behind the disappearances and if he just stood over them all night, watching them, they wouldn't be able to cause anyone harm.

Fwiw I feel better about Barkley's claim just because she posted the wording first.
Seems NAI considering Barkley's wording is pretty similar to the write up

Edit: both sound like the write up
My night results said that someone stood in front of me all night so it was a good thing I wasn’t planning on going anywhere

Someone stood in front of me all night.
 
Most times the wolves are random. But with the amount of noobs playing this game it's still possible. Especially with my tinfoil hat theory of the pack growing by converting...much more likely the pack could have started with one or two noobs. But I'm not putting much weight on that theory as we have literally no indication that's happening.

2 people think they were blocked because 2 people supposedly were told someone stood in front of them all night. Fwiw I feel better about Barkley's claim just because she posted the wording first.
I really hope it's not a growing pack. I have been dealing with that in the noob game and it is ****ing with my mind.

I am more inclined to believe barks. While AM was the first person to say she had been blocked, barks then said it. It would be pretty silly to be the second one saying it if it wasn't true. Additionally, barks said the wording first and it seems like AM just copied it. Additionally, PMing led me a little suspicious of AM

Lynch AM
 
I really hope it's not a growing pack. I have been dealing with that in the noob game and it is ****ing with my mind.

I am more inclined to believe barks. While AM was the first person to say she had been blocked, barks then said it. It would be pretty silly to be the second one saying it if it wasn't true. Additionally, barks said the wording first and it seems like AM just copied it. Additionally, PMing led me a little suspicious of AM

Lynch AM

What PMing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I added to that post the quotes. They actually both sound like the write up still nai imo
Yeah but I'm assuming part of that is referring to Mel, since he was the village blocker and he died.

Also, I went back and found a reference to one person being blocked N1, but not two people

Edit to add: I mean, maybe the write up is not even talking about the recently dead at all, but in that case, Finn must be a lot less lazy as a mod than I am when it comes to thinking of write up inspiration.