WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think in vet med we have recommended medical treatment? Like the go-to is surgery, but I’ve know a lot of people who opt out because it’s expensive, so we recommend palliative care
This really depends on the severity with rectal prolapses. A lot of them can be manually replaced. Sometimes they’ll throw a suture in there. Generally the bigger issue is finding the underlying cause and addressing that.

(For cats and dogs at least)
 
This really depends on the severity with rectal prolapses. A lot of them can be manually reduced. Generally the bigger issue is finding the underlying cause and addressing that.
That’s true. I pet sat for a dog with chronic rectal prolapse, like... every day the rectum would prolapse, and I’d have to glove and lube up and shove that sucker back in. Owner was a vet tech but didn’t have the money for surgery. So dog was on good, fibrous food and they added a cup of water to it to wet it down, but nothing.

You get pretty good at shoving prolapses back in, btw.
 
I want to hear updated reads from the following people, in order:

@Coopah
@sheltermed
@allieh8607


And @Crayola227 , I want an explanation of why you didn't like Sporty lynch yesterday.

Quotes that I flagged that are behind some of my reasoning (but not nearly comprehensive):

@allieh8607 Have you thought any more about your nooby wolf theory? Wondering what you think of @johnnaboo 's theory? In general I just want to hear your thoughts on things because I like what you are saying/it makes sense. But I also don't know what Michigan is? Anyone wanna explain that reference?

Ok at this point it's starting to sound a bit like a noob wolf. Just the desperate tone of it. Maybe it's just me. I feel like I do this all the damn time confusing noob and wolfy oh well people will deal.

lynch shelter
I have feels, but maybe its also just because I don't have a ton to go off of. Post more shelter, I want to hear from you! Convince me that someone else is more wolfy if you don't like my feels.

So if I'm understanding the shelter lynch correctly, it boils down to because she is sheeping thoughts?

I just ISO'd and don't see anything jumping out at me that screams wolf, though I do find it interesting she's disappeared for what I think is the last couple hours. Could be waiting for things to blow over since the lynch is so close between several people (wolfy), or could just not care in the least because she doesn't think it's worth her time to fight. I've been there with the latter so I can sympathize with that.

Either way, I'm not sure I see enough right now to place my vote there unless I have to self prez.

Don't like who's on Sporty.

Unabashedly going with the main wagons today, and then going with my gut on who's on who.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Addressing these points, as best I can, but help me if I have missed something...

I didn't realize at that time about the whole breed thing meaning nothing. It may have been mentioned like once, but I didn't understand what villager code was, and it hadn't sunk in.

I didn't know that jboo was a wolf, or even have any suspicion going that way, and honestly seeing that result came as a shock to me. My reason for wanting the attention off of Show group is because I wanted to continue to have people to PM overnight. That obviously didn't work lol!

What is wrong with being happy about catching a wolf? Here, I'll do it again, yay for catching a wolf! If I'm happy about something or feeling something there is a chance I will say it on the thread. Maybe it does come off as a little much though, I will give you that... If I were a wolf, I'd be laying it on a little thick. If I were a noob wolf, I might do that. If I were a noob villager, or one that tends to be reactionary I might do that.
So this is just experience. It could totally be that you're just a noob but I personally have noticed that when you say things like yay we got a wolf, it's more likely that you are a wolf. Not that one time means anything but you've said similar statements again and again. This leads me to believe that you are wolfy. I could be wrong. I am a lot. But still it raises you up on my sketch list.
 
I don’t think in vet med we have recommended medical treatment? Like the go-to is surgery, but I’ve know a lot of people who opt out because it’s expensive, so we recommend palliative care

This is what I meant:

This really depends on the severity with rectal prolapses. A lot of them can be manually replaced. Sometimes they’ll throw a suture in there. Generally the bigger issue is finding the underlying cause and addressing that.

(For cats and dogs at least)

Except for hoomans you can't just reduce it and throw a stitch. It's an actual surgical procedure or nothing (which typically is not seen as an option).
 
I want to hear updated reads from the following people, in order:

@Coopah
@sheltermed
@allieh8607


And @Crayola227 , I want an explanation of why you didn't like Sporty lynch yesterday.

Quotes that I flagged that are behind some of my reasoning (but not nearly comprehensive):
I gave my wolf reads before lunch close did you miss it? I'm not fishing it up again for you
 
So this is just experience. It could totally be that you're just a noob but I personally have noticed that when you say things like yay we got a wolf, it's more likely that you are a wolf. Not that one time means anything but you've said similar statements again and again. This leads me to believe that you are wolfy. I could be wrong. I am a lot. But still it raises you up on my sketch list.
Raises her to where on your sketch list, precisely? You've been doing some things you tend to do as a wolf, and I had apparently been tuning them out until I re-read just now.
 
My woof list for those interested:

Mainly MPM and sporty rn but ziggy/lawp, shelter and beagle are also possibilities in that order.

I gave my wolf reads before lunch close did you miss it? I'm not fishing it up again for you
So your wolf reads were the above with 0 justifications or thoughts added to them. Also, you gave them like 6 hours before lynch close
 
Ah yes, I did miss this.

When did Sporty pop onto your radar, would you say?
I was pming with several ppl last night about it actually. Other people were all over sporty. But the am/sporty fight was the first real interest I took. I told each of them I'd be voting for sporty today as it was the best information for the village plus caiter had concerns about two pming roles and I agreed. I can't claim villager credit for it as other had gone before so :shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After reread, I have a strong village read on Paws, Stagg, Meats and slightly less so Caiter and dolphin.

Allie had been on there, but there was maybe some fishy business about how she handled the past few days' lynch scenarios when Sporty was leading or threatening to lead.
 
exactly, it's stupid. For multiple #reasons. Just going along blindly is awful. There's so many sheep I can't breathe

how about because stagg does know anything like people are assuming? And is just claiming sporty is a woof? because #reasons it's been done before. So no one actually knows anything. Or stagg does know something and we're screwed. Bad options all around

While you're inherently correct, no it was not lost on me. But just following along without thinking for ourselves just screwed stagg if sporty flips wolf
This string of posts that @allieh8607 pointed out earlier makes me question the below quote
I was pming with several ppl last night about it actually. Other people were all over sporty. But the am/sporty fight was the first real interest I took. I told each of them I'd be voting for sporty today as it was the best information for the village plus caiter had concerns about two pming roles and I agreed. I can't claim villager credit for it as other had gone before so :shrug:
Who were you PMing with that can confirm this?
 
so my feelz on sporty's lynch, didn't like stagg, pip or paws on it

Pip going after me felt kinda weird when she did it, but on second thought she kinda does go for me sometimes as pressure vote

Stagg - I can't recall now what he did for the first few pages that made me feel distrust, but I do remember being like, dude, this was not a tunnel you did something I legit found sketch.

Paws - well, after not liking the other two on Sporty, why would Paws being on it reassure me? I find her hard to read, so I'm not going to sheep her when I do actually have to resort to sheeping or incomplete reads on players as I was having to do.

So when you factor in what I already felt about those on her lynch, vs what I felt on her at that point (she hadn't stood out in my mind as sketch) then I wasn't feeling it, I was generally repelled from it. could be bias too since I came off a game where everyone wolfy was tyring to get ppl to vote SP for no reason at all.

SP is hard for me to read, so unless I don't find you wolfy and you make a good case against her, that's going to be a hard lynch to get me on at this point in my meta analysis.

So that wasn't an attractive leading lynch for me.
 
This string of posts that @allieh8607 pointed out earlier makes me question the below quote

Who were you PMing with that can confirm this?
We did PM.

I told her I could go for an AM or sporty lynch, but would see what happened overnight. And that I thought it was super weird two villagers would have a PM role.
 
so my feelz on sporty's lynch, didn't like stagg, pip or paws on it

Pip going after me felt kinda weird when she did it, but on second thought she kinda does go for me sometimes as pressure vote

Stagg - I can't recall now what he did for the first few pages that made me feel distrust, but I do remember being like, dude, this was not a tunnel you did something I legit found sketch.

Paws - well, after not liking the other two on Sporty, why would Paws being on it reassure me? I find her hard to read, so I'm not going to sheep her when I do actually have to resort to sheeping or incomplete reads on players as I was having to do.

So when you factor in what I already felt about those on her lynch, vs what I felt on her at that point (she hadn't stood out in my mind as sketch) then I wasn't feeling it, I was generally repelled from it. could be bias too since I came off a game where everyone wolfy was tyring to get ppl to vote SP for no reason at all.

SP is hard for me to read, so unless I don't find you wolfy and you make a good case against her, that's going to be a hard lynch to get me on at this point in my meta analysis.

So that wasn't an attractive leading lynch for me.
Did you not read through the thread?
Stagg was the one who had info that lead to her lynch. Why didn’t you like him on it?
 
also I frakking failed again because I didn't get a vote in

PST is hard because if you don't get stuff on WW done before dinnertime essentially, then you gotta do it during the day, and then I fail at that fo sheezy, and then after that is rough too

how do you guys have lives and play, I'm only really busy 1 week a month and I thought I could at least read and vote, but blah

also, hydrated atm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also I frakking failed again because I didn't get a vote in

PST is hard because if you don't get stuff on WW done before dinnertime essentially, then you gotta do it during the day, and then I fail at that fo sheezy, and then after that is rough too

how do you guys have lives and play, I'm only really busy 1 week a month and I thought I could at least read and vote, but blah

also, hydrated atm
Also pst. I can only play when I'm on break. Otherwise I just went up missing entire days or forget I'm playing
 
Did you not read through the thread?
Stagg was the one who had info that lead to her lynch. Why didn’t you like him on it?
I'm replying to pip

aren't we talking about the last time I popped on and I think I voted shelter?

just saying why I did wht I did when I did it

I didn't know Stagg had info on PSorty that jusitifed her lynch, did she die?

if you wanna know why I thought he was sketch, just look where I was wall o quiting cathing up on the thread before
 
Stagg - I can't recall now what he did for the first few pages that made me feel distrust, but I do remember being like, dude, this was not a tunnel you did something I legit found sketch.

I mean, it's obviously possible he bussed sporty, but I feel like him essentially leading the lynch today plus his behavior makes him clear for now.
 
I'm replying to pip

aren't we talking about the last time I popped on and I think I voted shelter?

just saying why I did wht I did when I did it

I didn't know Stagg had info on PSorty that jusitifed her lynch, did she die?

if you wanna know why I thought he was sketch, just look where I was wall o quiting cathing up on the thread before

Oh, I'm guessing you're playing catch up too and haven't gotten through the thread.
 
I'm replying to pip

aren't we talking about the last time I popped on and I think I voted shelter?

just saying why I did wht I did when I did it

I didn't know Stagg had info on PSorty that jusitifed her lynch, did she die?

if you wanna know why I thought he was sketch, just look where I was wall o quiting cathing up on the thread before
To be fair, you didn’t have a quote in your posts so I wasn’t really sure what you were responding to
 
She replied with what I was asking for. I'm somewhat less concerned with her than the others, anyways. That would have been a pretty obvious, blatant defense of Sporty while she was up for lynch.
I scrolled up the rest and found where you had asked her that a bit ago 😛
 
In other news, is @Lawper around? I'd like to hear some updated reads lists from him in light of sporty being sporty haha

I'm here but I'm also reading past posts since the Sporty wolf flip provided some clarity.

Village reads: you, Pawsy, Pippy, Stagg, and probably Allie and Caits. MJ's play looks similar to his village play in MMeat game but he's more in null/lean village category.

Wolf/sketch reads: Coops, and probably petmoosy and barky (I don't think they are both wolves, but I'm getting bothered about the greby situation and trying to understand it). shelty is more null to lean wolf area because of her play (and also I'm not getting village vibes at all from her posts).

Everyone else is null

Hey @Lawper , I dug through your post history and have a few questions if ya dun mind

Okay :bag:

This was a sketchy leap from on bandwagon to another. Doubly sketchy since another big option that day was sports. Can you offer some thoughts about your lynch decision at the time?

Because at that time, I was conflicted on what to make of AMSAR vs Sporty. My initial read on AMSAR was village but reading the following posts and discussion made me wonder whether my read was accurate. Sporty's posts didn't help either. So at that time, I stuck with my shelter vote since I felt more sketchy about her than AMSAR or Sporty.

I'm feeling conflicted about AMSAR vs Sporty so I'm going to stick with my current vote.

But I was also observing the ongoing discussion and saw that votes were piling up on greby. The greby situation was one of the hot topics of D1 and I was struggling to understand that in regards to the Mel nightkill. That's why I said I wanted to crack the greby egg to get more insights and why I swapped from shelty to greby.
​
The timing on this was a bit odd, and I never really saw you discuss too many thoughts on sporty before this. Can you provide more insight about this vote this morning?

With greby being lynched and flipping villager, I thought I misread something. I also noticed of AMSAR's late PR claim that was criticized and thought AMSAR was sketchy all along (which was emphasized in D1 strongly by Jimble/Skilary). So I initially contingency voted AMSAR thinking she was wolf. Night ended with AMSAR and jboozy dead, with AMSAR flipping village and jboozy flipping wolf. So I realized I clearly missed something important and thought about why AMSAR was insistent on Sporty in the context of her role. Since at end of D2, I left AMSAR vs Sporty matter untouched because I was feeling conflicted, I wanted to resolve the situation based on new information. So I deduced that AMSAR spotted something critical (which is why she was fixated on Sporty) and Sporty must therefore be a wolf, which is why I immediately lynched Sporty. Additionally, I read Stagg's posts and reasons for his Sporty vote that further justified the need to lynch Sporty:

Please tell me more about your coops and barks thoughts. Particularly barks, as I do not think I've seen you mention her before or after this point

Coops mainly because that seemed to be AMSAR's lynch choice after Sporty. I saw some shade thrown and there was some inconsistency and vagueness in her posts as well. But I'm just getting wolf feels from her posts because they carry similar aggressive vibes from her past games as wolf. I also read Pippy vs Coops discussions and generally agree with Pippy's arguments.

In regards to barky, when greby flipped village, I was trying to understand the situation and reading the barky vs greby discussion in D1 as well as greby's case on barky. I felt that this post had some insights:

Barkley has sketch points for me. I get that I probably overreacted and overshared about what happened to me N1, but she's really trying to make it out that I was tying to out someone, and claiming that it's weird for me to be concerned about someone using an ability on me seems weird. I think that it would be a pretty dumb move to just assume that anyone approaching you at night is village, and Barks has been trying to push that I am sketchy for not jumping to that assumption.
Unlynch matty ice
Lynch barks

But I also read barky's thoughts and case on petmoosy and felt it gave some good insights, especially since others expressed doubt on petmoosy. So I don't think both barky and petmoosy are wolves. I'm leaning towards petmoosy being wolf, with a null read on barky.
​
 
While I peruse some tinfoily things, sketchy bonus post from allie that I forgot to include in my previous quote fest:

What do you want me to address? My ability is to PM. I put in my request at night, and the PM is opened by a mod during the day cycle. My PMs stay open for the entirety of that day and the following night. I opened the PM with ziggy because I jive well with the way she's been playing the noob game.

This is sufficient! As you were catching up you would have seen people questioning your PM choice and I'm sure you would have eventually clarified.

Sounds like w/w to me in retrospect.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know what to make of greby so I have her as null. I kinda understand what she's saying but I have no strong feels either way.

I have Pippy and vmh/meats on my village reads, and reading through D1, I think AMSAR is probably village too from her interactions with Sporty and Caiter, as well as providing some thoughts. Reading through Pawsy's posts makes me think she could be village as she's asking important questions and trying to wolfhunt.

I'm unsure what to make of greby, barkly, jboozy and petmoosy so would like to hear more from them today. MJ is null but I think his play is similar to his village meta from what I recall but would also like to hear more from him. Stagg makes some good points but his examples can be poor and not really a fan of his trying to be a WW educator role as he can easily sway the noobs to his direction as wolf while distorting things through his favor (like saying Jimble/Skilary role claim in D1 was bad even though she's going to die and then later saying it's meant to be a general example).

Cray's posts are looking a bit village to me but I see why some think she could be wolfy for her focus on Mel. Have her more on null currently. I'm having a hard time reading Allie, and others are null.

I'm feeling conflicted about AMSAR vs Sporty so I'm going to stick with my current vote.

I'm willing to crack the greby egg:

Unlynch shelter
Lynch greby

Ok so wanted to iso lawpy's posts surrounding the lynch yesterday. Admittedly, I felt a lot worse about him yesterday in the heat of the moment when he waffled from shelter to grebes- I didn't remember him really mentioning grebes that much. First he mentioned her as null, then said he wasn't sure what to make of her. Then all the sudden he's comfortable waffling to her close to deadline. I would have felt better about his last minute switch if we had other confirmed wolves on the grebes lynch, but we don't...so it still leans wolfy to me. Then he was like the first person to hop on the sporty lynch this morning and never really explained why if I'm remembering correctly.
 
Oh also (this is kind of NAI) when I called lawpy out for being sketchy for his waffle, his response was "Not really" which is kind of 🙄🙄🙄 to me because ok cool you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't change the fact that I felt you acted sketchy. Just felt overly defensive to me.
 
Ok so wanted to iso lawpy's posts surrounding the lynch yesterday. Admittedly, I felt a lot worse about him yesterday in the heat of the moment when he waffled from shelter to grebes- I didn't remember him really mentioning grebes that much. First he mentioned her as null, then said he wasn't sure what to make of her. Then all the sudden he's comfortable waffling to her close to deadline. I would have felt better about his last minute switch if we had other confirmed wolves on the grebes lynch, but we don't...so it still leans wolfy to me. Then he was like the first person to hop on the sporty lynch this morning and never really explained why if I'm remembering correctly.
He gave me some long replies here, in case you find any of it instructive:
I'm here but I'm also reading past posts since the Sporty wolf flip provided some clarity.

Village reads: you, Pawsy, Pippy, Stagg, and probably Allie and Caits. MJ's play looks similar to his village play in MMeat game but he's more in null/lean village category.

Wolf/sketch reads: Coops, and probably petmoosy and barky (I don't think they are both wolves, but I'm getting bothered about the greby situation and trying to understand it). shelty is more null to lean wolf area because of her play (and also I'm not getting village vibes at all from her posts).

Everyone else is null



Okay :bag:



Because at that time, I was conflicted on what to make of AMSAR vs Sporty. My initial read on AMSAR was village but reading the following posts and discussion made me wonder whether my read was accurate. Sporty's posts didn't help either. So at that time, I stuck with my shelter vote since I felt more sketchy about her than AMSAR or Sporty.



But I was also observing the ongoing discussion and saw that votes were piling up on greby. The greby situation was one of the hot topics of D1 and I was struggling to understand that in regards to the Mel nightkill. That's why I said I wanted to crack the greby egg to get more insights and why I swapped from shelty to greby.

.
​



With greby being lynched and flipping villager, I thought I misread something. I also noticed of AMSAR's late PR claim that was criticized and thought AMSAR was sketchy all along (which was emphasized in D1 strongly by Jimble/Skilary). So I initially contingency voted AMSAR thinking she was wolf. Night ended with AMSAR and jboozy dead, with AMSAR flipping village and jboozy flipping wolf. So I realized I clearly missed something important and thought about why AMSAR was insistent on Sporty in the context of her role. Since at end of D2, I left AMSAR vs Sporty matter untouched because I was feeling conflicted, I wanted to resolve the situation based on new information. So I deduced that AMSAR spotted something critical (which is why she was fixated on Sporty) and Sporty must therefore be a wolf, which is why I immediately lynched Sporty. Additionally, I read Stagg's posts and reasons for his Sporty vote that further justified the need to lynch Sporty:



Coops mainly because that seemed to be AMSAR's lynch choice after Sporty. I saw some shade thrown and there was some inconsistency and vagueness in her posts as well. But I'm just getting wolf feels from her posts because they carry similar aggressive vibes from her past games as wolf. I also read Pippy vs Coops discussions and generally agree with Pippy's arguments.

In regards to barky, when greby flipped village, I was trying to understand the situation and reading the barky vs greby discussion in D1 as well as greby's case on barky. I felt that this post had some insights:



But I also read barky's thoughts and case on petmoosy and felt it gave some good insights, especially since others expressed doubt on petmoosy. So I don't think both barky and petmoosy are wolves. I'm leaning towards petmoosy being wolf, with a null read on barky.
.
​