WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize we have some noobs in this game, but I would really hope no one would be dumb enough (and I say "dumb" in a loving way) to hint at being a protector in a PM on n1, let alone a group PM.
If the theory is correct, however, we would be looking at some seriously noobish wolves. They would basically have put a brilliant sign over one of the PM members as being a wolf if a kill was attempted on an outed protector. I really don't put anything past players these days though, dumb has been par for the course for both villagers and wolves for a long time now
 
Cool
@mypetmoose @Skimble @johnnaboo
Who should we be lynching?
Your gameplay is more aggressive than I'm used to, but I don't believe that is because you are a wolf, at least from the information I have on you so far. You seem to be asking good questions.

Something stood in front of me last night. I don't know if it was protection or preventing a night action or what, but literally nothing happened. I just wanted to put that out there.

I will wait until more people contribute to discussion before casting a vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool
@mypetmoose @Skimble @johnnaboo
Who should we be lynching?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here? Also, you asked us all last night to prove that we’re not wolves, but can you prove you’re not a wolf?

I told you that I am not a wolf, I’m a dog. You asked for more, so I told you that I’m a breed that would protect sheep from things like wolves. I did NOT say this as a way to claim any protector role. Literally just describing my breed.

Someone approached me last night and I herded them into a corner. I was able to open a PM with them. I don’t want to reveal who it was until I get some answers from them, but if I don’t hear from them soon then I’ll probably change my lynch vote.

I feel like this is probably already giving too much away D1, but you seem to want to sway the vote onto me.
 
I told you that I am not a wolf, I’m a dog.

Aren't we all dogs? Like, in any game I've played wolves have never been actual wolves. I guess it might make sense for someone to be an actual wolf in this game because it's a canid species, but I'm still inclined to say that isn't the case. Also, in the writeup, the large dog seemed to think it was one of their own. Not that that necessitates one of their own being an actual dog, but just given what the game is, I'm assuming everyone is some breed of dog.

Perhaps the wolves are the dog breeds with bad (i.e. violent) reputations (NOT that I agree with them having that sort of reputation) -- GSD, doberman, rottweiler, pitbull, etc..?
 
Aren't we all dogs? Like, in any game I've played wolves have never been actual wolves. I guess it might make sense for someone to be an actual wolf in this game because it's a canid species, but I'm still inclined to say that isn't the case. Also, in the writeup, the large dog seemed to think it was one of their own. Not that that necessitates one of their own being an actual dog, but just given what the game is, I'm assuming everyone is some breed of dog.

Perhaps the wolves are the dog breeds with bad (i.e. violent) reputations (NOT that I agree with them having that sort of reputation) -- GSD, doberman, rottweiler, pitbull, etc..?
It was in the group PM—Mel asked us all to prove we weren’t wolves. Someone said “I’m a dog, not a wolf” and he said “works for me!” And then when I tried to say “same” he was like, “nope, excuse taken. Need more”
So the “dog-not-wolf” thing was kind of tongue-in-cheek. So I was cheeky back and was like “I’m not a wolf since I’m the kind of dog that protects sheep from wolves”
Didn’t mean it as a way to claim any role, im just a type of sheep dog (which is why I was able to herd whoever approached me).
 
Perhaps the wolves are the dog breeds with bad (i.e. violent) reputations (NOT that I agree with them having that sort of reputation) -- GSD, doberman, rottweiler, pitbull, etc..?

I think I take this back. As dog lovers, I don't think our mods would do this. As vet students, though, perhaps they'd make the wolves breeds that are more pains in the ass at the vet/sketchy in general--chihuahua, akita/husky/eskimo/wintery breeds, etc--sorry if you have one of these dogs, just personal feelings of mine, LOL. Breed could also have nothing to do with affiliation, wolves could possibly be any type of dog that has some sort of character/backstory behind them.

It was in the group PM—Mel asked us all to prove we weren’t wolves. Someone said “I’m a dog, not a wolf” and he said “works for me!” And then when I tried to say “same” he was like, “nope, excuse taken. Need more”
So the “dog-not-wolf” thing was kind of tongue-in-cheek. So I was cheeky back and was like “I’m not a wolf since I’m the kind of dog that protects sheep from wolves”
Didn’t mean it as a way to claim any role, im just a type of sheep dog (which is why I was able to herd whoever approached me).

I think this is weird
 
I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here? Also, you asked us all last night to prove that we’re not wolves, but can you prove you’re not a wolf?

I told you that I am not a wolf, I’m a dog. You asked for more, so I told you that I’m a breed that would protect sheep from things like wolves. I did NOT say this as a way to claim any protector role. Literally just describing my breed.

Someone approached me last night and I herded them into a corner. I was able to open a PM with them. I don’t want to reveal who it was until I get some answers from them, but if I don’t hear from them soon then I’ll probably change my lynch vote.

I feel like this is probably already giving too much away D1, but you seem to want to sway the vote onto me.
You’re misreading what’s going on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I haven’t heard from the person who approached me by midday-ish, I’ll let you guys know.
I don’t want to out them right away since the wording was that I was approached, not attacked, and there may be an explanation.
 
Yo peeps I put in my contingency, but at nine am real time (est) I'll be driving ~1000 miles so will be pretty unavailable.

Thoughts from write-up:
Not sure if mod flair or actual wolf attack. But seems like the role of who was attacked was outted so if it's a real attack seems like the wolves know already and it could help us clear someone if the rest of us knew. Thoughts? I'm open to counter points.
I was attacked, and yes, I am going to die by the end of the day. Wolves suck. I actually have a few days off before my next rotation. I legit hate you.

Just going off of this, I'm wondering if there was a PM (perhaps a whole group PM) where one of the members trustingly role revealed that they were a protector or something along those lines. The only way it would make sense for a kill attempt to be made on someone so specific at the start of the game would be for an outed role. I'm not sure if we can attribute luck to it. Or maybe we can, and that's why mods decided not to let her get killed off on n1.



Writeup said she was shaken, but not that she was hurt or removed from the group in some way. I don't suspect there would be a post restriction at this time.



Based on this I'm curious if we can focus in on the Show Ring group for whatever happened last night.
No, I did not give away my role in any way.
Your gameplay is more aggressive than I'm used to, but I don't believe that is because you are a wolf, at least from the information I have on you so far. You seem to be asking good questions.

Something stood in front of me last night. I don't know if it was protection or preventing a night action or what, but literally nothing happened. I just wanted to put that out there.

I will wait until more people contribute to discussion before casting a vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Just letting you know, that wasn’t me standing outside your door.
Lynch Skim

for the moment
Why? I literally haven’t posted and you are already lynching me? Am I just your new favorite lynch candidate? Oh, and you are welcome for last night, but whatever.
 
Why? I literally haven’t posted and you are already lynching me? Am I just your new favorite lynch candidate? Oh, and you are welcome for last night, but whatever.

It was just to start the day. If I had reasons, it would have been included in the post.

Unlynch Skim
 
Are you saying that I'm being aggressive, or Mel?
(not asking to be aggro, actually can't tell)

Sorry that was vague, I meant that Mel’s questioning in PM seemed a little aggressive for night 1, and was wondering what the motivation was there. I’m just trying to ask questions and get a read on people [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Sorry that was vague, I meant that Mel’s questioning in PM seemed a little aggressive for night 1, and was wondering what the motivation was there. I’m just trying to ask questions and get a read on people [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

haha it's fine. It seemed directed to mel, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just ignoring something directed at me.
 
Your gameplay is more aggressive than I'm used to, but I don't believe that is because you are a wolf, at least from the information I have on you so far. You seem to be asking good questions.

Something stood in front of me last night. I don't know if it was protection or preventing a night action or what, but literally nothing happened. I just wanted to put that out there.

I will wait until more people contribute to discussion before casting a vote.

What does the bolded mean?
 
Last edited:
What does the bolded mean?
It means I lived for one day in the other (noob) game, and Mel's PM last night felt like she or he was asking really pointed questions and trying to twist my words before day one had even begun. I was just a little startled, and I just am not used to it is all. I mean they were good questions, even if the strategy was aggressive and she or he is looking at the wrong doggo. "Fake fishing" and the like.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
 
It means I lived for one day in the other (noob) game, and Mel's PM last night felt like she or he was asking really pointed questions and trying to twist my words before day one had even begun. I was just a little startled, and I just am not used to it is all. I mean they were good questions, even if the strategy was aggressive and she or he is looking at the wrong doggo. "Fake fishing" and the like.

Fake fishing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fake fishing?
It sounded to me like she was just saying she was some form of sheepdog, I’d like to think I taught her better than to announce her role to a group in the first three hours of the game haha
Do you have any reason to/why do you think think that the dog breeds we’ve been given have anything to coincide with any abilities someone might have?
Not at all honestly, I'm just spitballing here since we don't have much to go on. You are probably right! Do you think abilities go with breeds?

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
It was more of a reaction test. I was hoping you’d call me out for fishing like Grebes was during the noob game.
Oh, oops. Well were you fishing? I mean either way I don't think I contributed much info

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Yes, that was a great example of fishing, but I wasn’t fishing to actually get info out of you, I wanted to see if you’d react.
So either, you recognized I was fishing and we’re okay with it because you’re a wolf and don’t care i’m Fishing
Or you’re a villager and didn’t remember that’s how Grebes got caught as a wolf in the last game and it didn’t set off flags for you.

Have to spend time thinking about which one is most likely right now.
 
Fake fishing?
Tested me to figure out if I would catch on to someone fishing for info about grebes. I basically said idk, it's too early to say about whether grebes has an ability. Then Mel was like aha! You either learned nothing about fishing from the noob game or ur a wolf who wouldn't care if I was fishing. Meanwhile, I am over here like- I was dead before grebes was killed, gimme a break dood my dog breed is so frickin small it could get carried off by a light breeze. And I still don't really understand the difference between asking pointed questions and "fishing".

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
 
I was attacked, and yes, I am going to die by the end of the day. Wolves suck. I actually have a few days off before my next rotation. I legit hate you.
Any idea who we should be suspicious of?

If I haven’t heard from the person who approached me by midday-ish, I’ll let you guys know.
I don’t want to out them right away since the wording was that I was approached, not attacked, and there may be an explanation.

Since night close - everyone from your group has commented except @johnnaboo
 
I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here? Also, you asked us all last night to prove that we’re not wolves, but can you prove you’re not a wolf?

I told you that I am not a wolf, I’m a dog. You asked for more, so I told you that I’m a breed that would protect sheep from things like wolves. I did NOT say this as a way to claim any protector role. Literally just describing my breed.

Someone approached me last night and I herded them into a corner. I was able to open a PM with them. I don’t want to reveal who it was until I get some answers from them, but if I don’t hear from them soon then I’ll probably change my lynch vote.

I feel like this is probably already giving too much away D1, but you seem to want to sway the vote onto me.
If you feel like it’s giving too much away then why are doing it?

If I haven’t heard from the person who approached me by midday-ish, I’ll let you guys know.
I don’t want to out them right away since the wording was that I was approached, not attacked, and there may be an explanation.
If you don’t think it’s wolfy then why make them explain? Doesn’t them approaching you point to them having some kind of ability?
 
I think I take this back. As dog lovers, I don't think our mods would do this. As vet students, though, perhaps they'd make the wolves breeds that are more pains in the ass at the vet/sketchy in general--chihuahua, akita/husky/eskimo/wintery breeds, etc--sorry if you have one of these dogs, just personal feelings of mine, LOL.
I don't think they would do this as mods -- too easy --- nor do I think they would perpetuate negative breed stereotypes, like making a pitbull a wolf.

Breed could also have nothing to do with affiliation
This.
 
Cool
@mypetmoose @Skimble @johnnaboo
Who should we be lynching?
Great question.

Grebes’ responses this morning have not been super convincing, but I’m going to wait until the person who visited them last night responds. If they don’t, I may lynch there.

Going to reevaluate once I get done with errands this afternoon.

Unlynch AMSAR

Though the Skim lynch was kinda odd
 
2 things:

1. Today is D1 not D2. I am just a silly goose and mixed them up.

2. Lunch more pls, I’m bored.
giphy.gif
 
1)If you feel like it’s giving too much away then why are doing it?
2) If you don’t think it’s wolfy then why make them explain? Doesn’t them approaching you point to them having some kind of ability?

1) Someone mentioned earlier that they were wondering if someone implied/revealed that they were a protector in a group PM. I realized that what I said could have been interpreted that way and it was NOT how i meant it, so i wanted to clear that up, in case someone in my group did take it that way. Especially since it kind of seemed like Mel was implying it, considering he asked me if I had any explanation for N1 results.

2) I said I had nothing that made me obviously think it was wolfy. The wording was that I was approached, not that I was necessarily attacked. But being approached does not rule out being attacked, IMO. I would like to know why someone approached me last night. What were their intentions? Were they friendly or not? It could point to them having some kind of ability, but that still doesn't mean they are village.
 
1) Someone mentioned earlier that they were wondering if someone implied/revealed that they were a protector in a group PM. I realized that what I said could have been interpreted that way and it was NOT how i meant it, so i wanted to clear that up, in case someone in my group did take it that way. Especially since it kind of seemed like Mel was implying it, considering he asked me if I had any explanation for N1 results.

2) I said I had nothing that made me obviously think it was wolfy. The wording was that I was approached, not that I was necessarily attacked. But being approached does not rule out being attacked, IMO. I would like to know why someone approached me last night. What were their intentions? Were they friendly or not? It could point to them having some kind of ability, but that still doesn't mean they are village.
You’re starting to feel fishing-y with point 2 here :I

NAI with you, but still.
 
1) Someone mentioned earlier that they were wondering if someone implied/revealed that they were a protector in a group PM. I realized that what I said could have been interpreted that way and it was NOT how i meant it, so i wanted to clear that up, in case someone in my group did take it that way. Especially since it kind of seemed like Mel was implying it, considering he asked me if I had any explanation for N1 results.

2) I said I had nothing that made me obviously think it was wolfy. The wording was that I was approached, not that I was necessarily attacked. But being approached does not rule out being attacked, IMO. I would like to know why someone approached me last night. What were their intentions? Were they friendly or not? It could point to them having some kind of ability, but that still doesn't mean they are village.

Yes but if they are village how do you feel about making them reveal they have an ability?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch SAM (aka SAR/AM)

Am always has a reason for her lynch votes, so I’m calling bs on that. Right now I suspect her reason for voting me were lupine.

Does it make any sense for me to vote you if you're supposed to die at the end of the day anyway?
 
Day 1 Still Hungry Lunch Tally

Pippy Puppy (1) - Coopah
SportsPuppies (1) - stagg
Mel (2)- Capri, Crayola
Grebes (1)- Lawper (Pawpy)
MJ (1)- Pippy puppy
Matty ice (1)- Grebes
AMSAR (1)- Skimble

8/26 voting. FEED ME VOTES!
 
2) I said I had nothing that made me obviously think it was wolfy. The wording was that I was approached, not that I was necessarily attacked. But being approached does not rule out being attacked, IMO. I would like to know why someone approached me last night. What were their intentions? Were they friendly or not? It could point to them having some kind of ability, but that still doesn't mean they are village.

Are you going to vote there? Would you trust their answers to those questions? All of your group has shown up and (unless I missed it) no one has confirmed your claim.

Or should we be lynching you?
 
Does it make any sense for me to vote you if you're supposed to die at the end of the day anyway?
Yes. Some might think it gives you village cred because you “didn’t know” I was the one attacked. But you did know, and I don’t believe you lynched voted me for no reason. I’m pretty sure you’ve said in past games that you always have a reason for your lynch votes.
 
Yes but if they are village how do you feel about making them reveal they have an ability?
I'm not asking them to reveal their ability, necessarily. But I would like some sort of explanation from them. Again, I have a PM open with them, so if they chose to reveal, it would be only to me and not public.

Are you going to vote there? Would you trust their answers to those questions? All of your group has shown up and (unless I missed it) no one has confirmed your claim.

Or should we be lynching you?

As I said earlier, I'm waiting for a response before I decide to vote there. I can't say whether or not I trust their answers, since I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess it will depend on what they say.
Also, what claim are you looking for my group to confirm? I claimed that I was approached last night and that I was able to herd this individual into a corner and open a PM with them - this info was not shared with my group as it was given to me in my role PM after night closed.

And no, you should not be lynching me. Thanks.