WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. Some might think it gives you village cred because you “didn’t know” I was the one attacked. But you did know, and I don’t believe you lynched voted me for no reason. I’m pretty sure you’ve said in past games that you always have a reason for your lynch votes.

No, I mean look at it from a mechanics standpoint. If I pushed you and you get lynched, is that not a wasted use if the delayed killed when I could vote for literally anyone else? And no, I've never said that. What you're remembering is me saying I always have a reason for my pushes.
 
I'm not asking them to reveal their ability, necessarily. But I would like some sort of explanation from them. Again, I have a PM open with them, so if they chose to reveal, it would be only to me and not public.



As I said earlier, I'm waiting for a response before I decide to vote there. I can't say whether or not I trust their answers, since I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess it will depend on what they say.
Also, what claim are you looking for my group to confirm? I claimed that I was approached last night and that I was able to herd this individual into a corner and open a PM with them - this info was not shared with my group as it was given to me in my role PM after night closed.

And no, you should not be lynching me. Thanks.

Also, why are you so concerned that someone acted on you N1 anyway?
 
As I said earlier, I'm waiting for a response before I decide to vote there. I can't say whether or not I trust their answers, since I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess it will depend on what they say.
Also, what claim are you looking for my group to confirm?

And no, you should not be lynching me. Thanks.

Not looking for a claim from your group - I find it interesting your group has shown up on thread yet you haven't received a PM from this person and don't find that suspicious enough to lynch them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not looking for a claim from your group - I find it interesting your group has shown up on thread yet you haven't received a PM from this person and don't find that suspicious enough to lynch them
I’m assuming grebes is saying the person who she has a PM with is outside her actual group? Correct me if I’m wrong @grebes4lyfe
 
You’re starting to feel fishing-y with point 2 here :I

NAI with you, but still.

Again, I'm not asking anyone to role reveal here. I have a private PM open with this person. All I asked was why they approached me and when I got no response overnight, I asked if they tried to attack me. I haven't gotten any response yet.
I don't think that asking someone who approached me to give me some info about why is fishing... it's sketchy that i got approached, and I'd like to give this person a chance to convince me that they're not a wolf. because wolves hunt at night, and this happened at night.
 
Again, I'm not asking anyone to role reveal here. I have a private PM open with this person. All I asked was why they approached me and when I got no response overnight, I asked if they tried to attack me. I haven't gotten any response yet.
I don't think that asking someone who approached me to give me some info about why is fishing... it's sketchy that i got approached, and I'd like to give this person a chance to convince me that they're not a wolf. because wolves hunt at night, and this happened at night.

But it’s really not that sketchy you got approached? Other people have night actions too, not just wolves.
 
Also, why are you so concerned that someone acted on you N1 anyway?

Should I not be concerned that I was acted on? I don't understand the question. If someone approached you last night, would you not be concerned about it/want to find out more?

Not looking for a claim from your group - I find it interesting your group has shown up on thread yet you haven't received a PM from this person and don't find that suspicious enough to lynch them
I'll direct you to this:
If I haven’t heard from the person who approached me by midday-ish, I’ll let you guys know.
I don’t want to out them right away since the wording was that I was approached, not attacked, and there may be an explanation.

I’m assuming grebes is saying the person who she has a PM with is outside her actual group? Correct me if I’m wrong @grebes4lyfe
^^this is correct
 
But it’s really not that sketchy you got approached? Other people have night actions too, not just wolves.
I understand that villagers have night actions as well. Doesn't make it not sketchy when you get approached at night. Should I just assume that whoever approached me is village? That seems like a dumb assumption to make
 
No, I mean look at it from a mechanics standpoint. If I pushed you and you get lynched, is that not a wasted use if the delayed killed when I could vote for literally anyone else? And no, I've never said that. What you're remembering is me saying I always have a reason for my pushes.
I feel like you are being intentionally obtuse about this, which is only making me want to push your lynch harder. You knew I wouldn’t get lynched because obviously I was going to come on thread and put that information out there.

Honestly, I think AM/sar should get lynched immediately. I know she has said she always has a reason for her lynch votes, even d1 and she doesn’t like it when other people don’t have a reason for a lynch vote.

I believe Mel is likely village, as is cray. I’m not sure if cray has even posted yet, but I’m generally good at reading her, and she often likes to keep me around as a wolf because she likes the challenge, so I don’t think I would be her wolf kill of choice, assuming she was around when the pack decided on the kill.
 
I feel like you are being intentionally obtuse about this, which is only making me want to push your lynch harder. You knew I wouldn’t get lynched because obviously I was going to come on thread and put that information out there.

Honestly, I think AM/sar should get lynched immediately. I know she has said she always has a reason for her lynch votes, even d1 and she doesn’t like it when other people don’t have a reason for a lynch vote.

I believe Mel is likely village, as is cray. I’m not sure if cray has even posted yet, but I’m generally good at reading her, and she often likes to keep me around as a wolf because she likes the challenge, so I don’t think I would be her wolf kill of choice, assuming she was around when the pack decided on the kill.

You frequently misread me Skim. I don't even know where this one is coming from. You're claiming I said something I never even have said. Like can we not do this this game?
 
You frequently misread me Skim.
You pretty much always misread me. The last two games would be excellent examples of that.

I don’t believe you that you had no reason at all for your lynch vote. That is out of character for you. I asked you for a reason, you claimed you didn’t have one, so my conclusion is that you are lying and I’d like to see you lynched for it, because only a wolf would have to lie about that.
 
You’re starting to feel fishing-y with point 2 here :I

NAI with you, but still.

Yes but if they are village how do you feel about making them reveal they have an ability?

Are you going to vote there? Would you trust their answers to those questions? All of your group has shown up and (unless I missed it) no one has confirmed your claim.

Or should we be lynching you?
All of you, reading comprehension. or are you manufacturing sketch?

But it’s really not that sketchy you got approached? Other people have night actions too, not just wolves.
Clearing villagers is just as important as wolf hunting *ducks and covers*
 
You pretty much always misread me. The last two games would be excellent examples of that.

I don’t believe you that you had no reason at all for your lynch vote. That is out of character for you. I asked you for a reason, you claimed you didn’t have one, so my conclusion is that you are lying and I’d like to see you lynched for it, because only a wolf would have to lie about that.

What "last two games"? As far as I remember, you didn't want to talk with me last game and I read you correctly every other game this year.

This is argument is not going anywhere because I know you're village and misreading me, again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What "last two games"? As far as I remember, you didn't want to talk with me last game and I read you correctly every other game this year.

This is argument is not going anywhere because I know you're village and misreading me, again.
The last two games I played, you pushed my lynch and I was village. And I don’t believe you have read me correctly every other game this year. Past games don’t matter though, but I don’t recall the last game where I pushed your lynch, except this game, because you did something out of character.
 
The last two games I played, you pushed my lynch and I was village. And I don’t believe you have read me correctly every other game this year. Past games don’t matter though, but I don’t recall the last game where I pushed your lynch, except this game, because you did something out of character.

I. literally. have. not. pushed. your. lynched. when. you. were. village. more. than. once. this. year. And you say every time I'm out of character. You last pushed my lynch two games ago.
 
I. literally. have. not. pushed. your. lynched. when. you. were. village. more. than. once. this. year. And you say every time I'm out of character. You last pushed my lynch two games ago.
You tried to push my lynch in Pokémon and orchestra, but that doesn’t matter, and I’m not trying to talk about past games, I’m trying to talk about this game.

I gave my reason for why I think you are acting out of character this game. Everyone can judge it for themselves.
 
Aren't we all dogs? Like, in any game I've played wolves have never been actual wolves. I guess it might make sense for someone to be an actual wolf in this game because it's a canid species, but I'm still inclined to say that isn't the case. Also, in the writeup, the large dog seemed to think it was one of their own. Not that that necessitates one of their own being an actual dog, but just given what the game is, I'm assuming everyone is some breed of dog.

Perhaps the wolves are the dog breeds with bad (i.e. violent) reputations (NOT that I agree with them having that sort of reputation) -- GSD, doberman, rottweiler, pitbull, etc..?
I want to toss this out here but Finn and Ski strongly believe that village code should not be a thing and simply finding out dog breeds of players will almost certainly not be useful in this game. I also want to add that even if they did decide to make "sketchy" seeming breeds the wolves, they have also been known to provide cover roles with role descriptions to wolves in the past. So, again, maybe not going to be productive for us to figure out role names.
What rubs you the wrong way?
:naughty:

Again, I'm not asking anyone to role reveal here. I have a private PM open with this person. All I asked was why they approached me and when I got no response overnight, I asked if they tried to attack me. I haven't gotten any response yet.
I don't think that asking someone who approached me to give me some info about why is fishing... it's sketchy that i got approached, and I'd like to give this person a chance to convince me that they're not a wolf. because wolves hunt at night, and this happened at night.

Should I not be concerned that I was acted on? I don't understand the question. If someone approached you last night, would you not be concerned about it/want to find out more?


I'll direct you to this:



^^this is correct

I understand that villagers have night actions as well. Doesn't make it not sketchy when you get approached at night. Should I just assume that whoever approached me is village? That seems like a dumb assumption to make

All of you, reading comprehension. or are you manufacturing sketch?


Clearing villagers is just as important as wolf hunting *ducks and covers*
I guess my question here is... What types of answers are you expecting to get that are going to clear/not clear whoever this person is? Anybody is going to tell you they didn't attack you last night and I think it's going to be difficult to clear someone in a PM without pushing them for a role reveal. I also want to add more as a warning to grebes to be careful in that PM, as even very experienced players have been fooled by good PMers before, so assess what you can within that PM but please be mindful of the scope of what you can and can't learn from that PM itself
 
You tried to push my lynch in Pokémon and orchestra, but that doesn’t matter, and I’m not trying to talk about past games, I’m trying to talk about this game.

I gave my reason for why I think you are acting out of character this game. Everyone can judge it for themselves.

What was said in Pokemon:

Why shelter? If anything snowy and jil get more wolf points than shelter. Snowy commented on it but didn't vote for you and jil voted second
shelter's lurking too much. Skim always mislynches me and Snowy didn't throw shade (or really do much of anything).

I'm just trying to break you out of this cycle.
 
Lynch Skim

for the moment

Why? I literally haven’t posted and you are already lynching me? Am I just your new favorite lynch candidate? Oh, and you are welcome for last night, but whatever.

It was just to start the day. If I had reasons, it would have been included in the post.

Unlynch Skim

What's strange is there was some interaction between AMSAR and Jimble/Skilary last night but knowing that, AMSAR voted Jimble/Skilary simply to start the day? Why Jimble/Skilary?

And the day started after N1 as opposed to beginning right away so it'd be reasonable to think AMSAR had reasons to justify her vote.
 
I agree that is seems to be more than mod flair. So a large dog was attacked but didn't die, yet - per write-up.

I do wonder if the dog attacked has a post restriction now, what if they can't talk bc they're at the vet?

Mostly coming down off of a game full of post restriction and tinfoil, there's some residual carrying over.

It's a different game so it's still strange that you made a very specific comment on what you thought happened, especially this early in the game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really don’t want to talk about past games. I want to talk about this game. There are other posts from Pokémon, but I’m not going to look for them or post them here because it’s a distraction from this game.

Your basis for lynching me though is that I'm different from past games. I don't know what you're asking me to defend from.
 
I generally agree with Jimble/Skilary posts in her interactions with AMSAR. Also generally feel pretty good about Pippy and meats.

What are your thoughts on the other players that you quoted posts from? This is pretty sheepy coming from you.
 
What are your thoughts on the other players that you quoted posts from? This is pretty sheepy coming from you.

I mean you have kinda accused me of sheeping repeatedly in past games for presenting my thoughts and insights. And I don't think agreeing with others is sheeping. I'm still reading but I don't feel good about you or mutty from the posts I quoted.
 
This rubs me the wrong way as I don't feel like Mel would give any info away in a group PM N1. Not sure if I'm bothered by MPM or Mel
I probably should clarify this wasn't in the main group PM, and also I didn't mean to insinuate that I have any actual info on Mel. Mel didn't give any info away really, it's more of a general feels thing. Nothing was actually said about either of our roles in the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
 
What's strange is there was some interaction between AMSAR and Jimble/Skilary last night but knowing that, AMSAR voted Jimble/Skilary simply to start the day? Why Jimble/Skilary?

And the day started after N1 as opposed to beginning right away so it'd be reasonable to think AMSAR had reasons to justify her vote.
No night results but you know this. Sketch since you're not in their group

It's a different game so it's still strange that you made a very specific comment on what you thought happened, especially this early in the game.
Let's not do this, I have enough tinfoil for this game too
 
No night results but you know this. Sketch since you're not in their group


Let's not do this, I have enough tinfoil for this game too

Uh because of these posts:

Lynch Skim

for the moment

Why? I literally haven’t posted and you are already lynching me? Am I just your new favorite lynch candidate? Oh, and you are welcome for last night, but whatever.

I think you're misreading what people are saying quite regularly and making unsupported accusations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad