WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to bed as well friends and have class tomorrow (cruel, I know) so I won't be back on until ~2 hours before lynch tomorrow.

A conversation I'd like to have is if people have chaos vibes from anyone. I've been thinking maybe pippy because the fishing and such (maybe why I can't decide if she goes on my wolf-y or village-y list...) but my reads have not proven so good so I'd love to see what people think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's this? Admitting to mistakes?! I just apologetically pour one out for my homies. All's fair in love and WW. (Actually, I just haven't figured out how to include a pitchfork in an apology yet)
488355CB-EEA9-4525-A887-38952D26E628.jpeg
 
Throughout the game, a very good dog was helping the group in the best way that she knew how. She was bred for a particular function and each night she happily wagged her tail while trotting out to perform that very function. Unfortunately tonight would be her last, because during the night she too was dragged away.

She wasn't the only one. Another dog who had spent most of her nights sleeping in a kennel also must have fallen victim. Because when the group woke up... that dog's kennel was empty.

Gone is @StayingPositive2017 - an Flat Coated Retriever and a villager who could head out to the field every night and retrieve an item for the game

Also gone is @MSUcvmHOPE - an Tibetan Spaniel and a villager who could communicate with another dog throughout the game

It is now Day 6. Night deadline is 10 pm EST.

12 players remain.


The Agility Arena
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper

The Show Ring
Empty

The Rally Course
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead

The Barn Hunt Course
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
11. dolphin106258 - Basenji
4. Crayola227 - Airedale Terrier
1. StayingPositive2017 - Flat Coated Retriever
21. MSUcvmHOPE - Tibetan Spaniel
 
Day 1 Tally

Pippy (1) - Coopah
SportsPuppies (2) - stagg, AMSAR
Mel
(1)- Crayola
Grebes (3)- Barks, beagle, Capri
MJ (0)-
Matty ice (0)-
AMSAR (4)- Skimble, SportsPuppies, allie, caiter
Skimble (0)-
mutts (6)- Lawper, MJ, shelter, Paws, Mel, MSUHope
Shelter (2)- Pippy, Dolphin
VMH (1)- Mutts
Paws (2)- VMH, Jboo
Barks (2)- Grebes, mypetmoose
Ziggy (1) - Ziggy

25/26 voting: missing Matt#


D2 Lynch Tally

Cray () -
Sporty (3) -Stagg, Paws, Pippy
Paws (0) -
shelter (4) - mpm, MJ, dolphin, cray
grebes (7) - Beagle, Coop, Barkley, Capri, lawper, Matt, AMSAR
AMSAR
(6) - shelter, zigzag, Cait, allie, Sporty, jboo, Grebes
mpm
(1) - vmh
Cait (1) - MSU

23/23


Day 3 Tally

Sporty (15)
- Lawpy, dolphin, Stagg, capri, allie, paws, meats, mpm, barks, MJ, Beagle, Cait, Pippy, Coop, MSU
mpm
() -
coop () -
Pippy () -
Cray (1) - Sporty
Lawpy (1) - Matt

17/20 Missing Cray, shelter, zigzag


Day 4 Lynch Tally
Coop (5) - mpm, MJ, zigzagoon, msu, Paws
mpm (8) - Lawp, matty ice, Coop, barks, allie, Beagle, meats, Cait
MJ () -
Allie (1) - pippy
paws (1) - dolph
Cray
(1) - capri

16/17 voting
Missing: Cray


Day 5 Lynch Tally
Cray (6) - Barkley, Lawpy, Beagle, MJ, Caiter, Capri

Lawpy (1) - Matt
capri (3) - Coop, meats, allie
Paws (1) - zigzag
zigzag () -
MJ (1) - MSU
Coop (1)- Pippy

13/15
Missing: cray, paws


 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's two eon kills now. Who was blocked d2? Not that a wolf would've said it on thread.
I don't think they would have had another wolf doing the kills when jboo was alive, unless they HAD to have that wolf do the killing to get the double kill or something.

But in that case, I'd think it might be more likely for both kills to be blocked.
 
N1
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
D1
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
N2
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
D2
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
N3
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
D3
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
N4

12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
D4
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
N5
11. dolphin106258 - Basenji
D5
4. Crayola227 - Airedale Terrier
N6
1. StayingPositive2017 - Flat Coated Retriever
21. MSUcvmHOPE - Tibetan Spaniel


Unless barks is unseerable they couldn't have an extra kill N2
 
True true. So how did they get two extra kills? Via breed?
No idea. Doesn't seem to be a pattern with the breeds. Sheltie, Papillion, flat coated retriever, Tibetan spaniel... they're all in different AKC groups, aren't they?

Sheltie is a herding dog, Papillion is in the toy group, FCR is sporting group, Tibetan spaniel is non-sporting group
 
No idea. Doesn't seem to be a pattern with the breeds. Sheltie, Papillion, flat coated retriever, Tibetan spaniel... they're all in different AKC groups, aren't they?

Sheltie is a herding dog, Papillion is in the toy group, FCR is sporting group, Tibetan spaniel is non-sporting group
:rage::rage::rage:
yo mods why you gotta make this so difficult?
😡😡😡
 
Maybe they had a role that could do an extra kill twice the whole game and they wanted to save it for when it would be best useful but they are coming under fire so they wanted to make sure it was used?
Ehhhhh.

If I was in that wolf pack, "most useful" = use them as soon as possible. No reason to wait on something like that -- the faster you can take out villagers who might be unknown power roles, the better
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone mentioned a theory that if the message did go to Mel then he was just telling them who he had blocked, but I believe on N1 mpm and lawp(?) were blocked, and N2 it was AM and barks. I think Mel died around N2. So I'm not seeing where cray would have been blocked in that timeframe at least

But - I also think most of this conversation is meaningless given we don't know who this message was going to. I don't think it's enough to be actionable at this time and don't like how quickly people jumped on it with a vague justification of "seems good and also cray is too absent"

Just to clarify, I wasn't blocked.
 
Reads so far:

Lean village: Pippy, vmh/meaty (still active and contributive and logical), Coops, barky (from dolphin's results), maybe Allie (generally good posts) and MJ (play looks similar to his village play from before)

Null: M935, ziggy (difficult to read them but M935's PMs seem more genuine), Caits (would need to look into her but not seeing much which is concerning since she's experienced)

Possibly wolf: capri and beagsy just from weird feels from their posts (capri's defense used a similar argument when she's a wolf in Reading to discredit the argument that she wasn't paralleling her vote with AM.... but she did)
 
capri's defense used a similar argument when she's a wolf in Reading to discredit the argument that she wasn't paralleling her vote with AM.... but she did
I think you misunderstood the point of that post. I wasn't denying the parallel voting. I was denying bussing her and used the parallel voting to support that fact. The parallel voting garnered so much sketch that it probably would have been better for me to call her out as sketch at least once.

My point is, I almost never bus fellow wolves even when it would be beneficial for my game.
 
I think you misunderstood the point of that post. I wasn't denying the parallel voting. I was denying bussing her and used the parallel voting to support that fact. The parallel voting garnered so much sketch that it probably would have been better for me to call her out as sketch at least once.

My point is, I almost never bus fellow wolves even when it would be beneficial for my game.

I was referring to the part where you're a wolf in Reading game who lied about parallel voting to counter my argument of the link between you and AM. This means if you're a wolf now, you could also be lying about bussing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reads so far:

Lean village: Pippy, vmh/meaty (still active and contributive and logical), Coops, barky (from dolphin's results), maybe Allie (generally good posts) and MJ (play looks similar to his village play from before)

Null: M935, ziggy (difficult to read them but M935's PMs seem more genuine), Caits (would need to look into her but not seeing much which is concerning since she's experienced)

Possibly wolf: capri and beagsy just from weird feels from their posts (capri's defense used a similar argument when she's a wolf in Reading to discredit the argument that she wasn't paralleling her vote with AM.... but she did)
What do you mean by the bolded?

Also would love to hear your thoughts on caiter. It's been so long since I've played with her that I don't have a good handle on her play style anymore but I'm not sure that I'm reading anything as wolfy just yet
 
Wait this is all we have for today? I've been gone literally all bloody day I can't check right now so if someone wants to do me the favor you'd be a peach. List whoever hasn't spoken more than one or two posts today. Sketch points for all
 
6
Wait this is all we have for today? I've been gone literally all bloody day I can't check right now so if someone wants to do me the favor you'd be a peach. List whoever hasn't spoken more than one or two posts today. Sketch points for all
so literally everyone but VMH and lawper? Including you? It’s been dead today all around so this is a bit of a ridiculous strategy.