WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reads so far:

Lean village: Pippy, vmh/meaty (still active and contributive and logical), Coops, barky (from dolphin's results), maybe Allie (generally good posts) and MJ (play looks similar to his village play from before)

Null: M935, ziggy (difficult to read them but M935's PMs seem more genuine), Caits (would need to look into her but not seeing much which is concerning since she's experienced)

Possibly wolf: capri and beagsy just from weird feels from their posts (capri's defense used a similar argument when she's a wolf in Reading to discredit the argument that she wasn't paralleling her vote with AM.... but she did)
What about Matt? He’s been on you every Lynch, including sportys lynch, plus just keeps posting things that basically make it so he’d be right either way. I’m surprised he’s not on your wolfy list or at least Null.
 
What about Matt? He’s been on you every Lynch, including sportys lynch, plus just keeps posting things that basically make it so he’d be right either way. I’m surprised he’s not on your wolfy list or at least Null.

Matt = M935. He's null to me.

What do you mean by the bolded?

Also would love to hear your thoughts on caiter. It's been so long since I've played with her that I don't have a good handle on her play style anymore but I'm not sure that I'm reading anything as wolfy just yet

M935 posted PMs of his discussion with Sporty and they don't look fake to me from what I read.

Caits seems to make some good points but I'm reading more right now and will try to see if anything's off. I can't read her well which is why I have her as null. But that's concerning because she's an experienced and skilled player too.
 
Matt = M935. He's null to me.



M935 posted PMs of his discussion with Sporty and they don't look fake to me from what I read.
Ha, jk. I’ve been referring to him as Matt and didn’t even think about him having another nickname
Caits seems to make some good points but I'm reading more right now and will try to see if anything's off. I can't read her well which is why I have her as null. But that's concerning because she's an experienced and skilled player too.
I’m dying at you calling me skilled, btw :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait this is all we have for today? I've been gone literally all bloody day I can't check right now so if someone wants to do me the favor you'd be a peach. List whoever hasn't spoken more than one or two posts today. Sketch points for all
I mean, some of us went back to school/work today, as discussed last night. I just got out of class. Some people are on the west coast. Etc etc.

It'd maybe be different if someone was leading lynch and the thread was weirdly quiet all of a sudden, but no one has even really voted, so I'm not sure what you're so worked up about.
 
I mean, some of us went back to school/work today, as discussed last night. I just got out of class. Some people are on the west coast. Etc etc.

It'd maybe be different if someone was leading lynch and the thread was weirdly quiet all of a sudden, but no one has even really voted, so I'm not sure what you're so worked up about.
Yeah, was really not a fan of that post. Seemed overly defensive over nothing.
 
Saw some discussion regarding dolphin seering players at night. This description reads that jboozy is unseerable (from "hard to see at night") and untrackable.
I didn't read it like that.

I read it as barbet = black dog = probably hard to see in the dark = flair for being untrackable.

But what's your point here? We know who dolphin seered, and jboo wasn't one of those people
 
Not even defensive, more like overly exasperated with the subtext of ~but look how much I'm contributing~
That’s a much better description lol I meant more it goes back to other posts she’s had about how she couldn’t possibly be a wolf cause X, but then other people do similar and it’s not okay. Like now. With a dead thread and no one posting.
 
I didn't read it like that.

I read it as barbet = black dog = probably hard to see in the dark = flair for being untrackable.

But what's your point here? We know who dolphin seered, and jboo wasn't one of those people

Right but I was trying to see whether jboozy was an unseerable wolf based on the description, because there were some discussion about the possible existence of an unseerable wolf as a caution to overtrusting dolphin's reads. The other suggestion to avoid overrelying on dolphin's reads is possible conversion. So if jboozy was in fact both untrackable and unseerable, the existence of another unseerable wolf seems unlikely.
 
Right but I was trying to see whether jboozy was an unseerable wolf based on the description, because there were some discussion about the possible existence of an unseerable wolf as a caution to overtrusting dolphin's reads. The other suggestion to avoid overrelying on dolphin's reads is possible conversion. So if jboozy was in fact both untrackable and unseerable, the existence of another unseerable wolf seems unlikely.
Yeah idk, I guess personally I'd rather err on the side of caution and not eliminate people based on unknown/unconfirmable roles

Edit: I mean yeah, I get wanting to try to clear people at this stage, and I don't know that I would lynch the seered people first since I assume we're still looking for 2+ wolves, but I'm also not ready to write them off.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On to the sporty iso I was doing

A few statements that were maybe a bit sharper than they should have been. Not necessarily indicative of affiliation, but in my experience wolves tend to be more prickly more quickly.

Overall I'm not sure I would pursue a sport lynch on my own without the stated confidence of @Stagg737 . I suppose we'll see how it turns out (and also turn some discussion on to other candidates)
I don't really have super wolfy vibes for Meats, but I will say that the timing on this here "sporty iso" was awfully convenient, and I do not like the sentence at the end where she goes "I suppose we'll see how it turns out."

If a wolf knew Sporty was maybe going to get lynched based on seer info, then it would be a good time to come out with a bunch of reads about said wolf. The way this is set up means it's just wishy-washy enough for Meats to take this either way depending on how the day shook out.

Single mega sketch point for Meats

I guess I should just never think noobs are wolfy :lame:
This was right after the mpm lynch; pretty wolfy "dang, I lynched another villager" comment

I’m not totally sold. But unless I’m reading it wrong (which is totally possible), he sent the question to stagg, dolphin, and coop. Given that stagg essentially got himself killed to lynch a wolf and we know dolphin is village, I take that a little more seriously.

However, I haven’t seen enough of cray to just jump on it. I’m still keeping my vote on lawps. However if it came down to cray and someone else I didn’t have a wolf lean on, I’d switch.

Wishy washy wishy washy. Also, at this point, you didn't seem to understand the information that was being presented, so it feels premature to say you weren't "totally sold." I didn't like the timing of this exchange.

@Barkley13 so after the discussion today how confident are you and your group in the interpretation of that message?

I still think it’s weird but I’d be willing to change if I find someone better to lynch or if she comes on and says something
Can you clarify what you meant by weird?

The interpretation is 100% no worries there. I just don't know how confident I am about it. That's all
Can you clarify what you meant by the interpretation being 100% but you weren't confident? That seems contradictory to me.
 
Wishy washy wishy washy. Also, at this point, you didn't seem to understand the information that was being presented, so it feels premature to say you weren't "totally sold." I didn't like the timing of this exchange.

Yes I completely misread it and didn’t get what was actually happening (I thought they sent the question to dolphin, coop, and stagg—hence my comment about stagg’s opinion holding some weight for me). You’ll see later on that I realized my mistake lol. But tl;dr, I didn’t think the info was solid because we didn’t know where it was coming from, but I don’t think that makes bark and coop suspect since they’ve apparently been seered already.

I’m glad I didn’t vote cray though, since it ultimately ended up being bad info like I was afraid it might.

I still suspect lawps, but I’ve been pretty wrong on most of my reads so far. In fact, saying stagg and cray felt village (edit: or at least not wolfy in cray’s case) to me were the only times I’ve been right so far (other than sporty the day we lynched her, but everyone figured she was wolf at that point), and they’re both dead so a lot of good that did.
 
Once upon a time Finn was a little girl and she had a bunch of dolls. She liked to craft elaborate stories with her dolls but when the day came to a close she couldn't figure out an ending. So little Finn would throw all of the dolls in the air and happily proclaim "Everybody died! The end!"

If nobody votes at all I might have to channel lil' Finn 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really have super wolfy vibes for Meats, but I will say that the timing on this here "sporty iso" was awfully convenient, and I do not like the sentence at the end where she goes "I suppose we'll see how it turns out."

If a wolf knew Sporty was maybe going to get lynched based on seer info, then it would be a good time to come out with a bunch of reads about said wolf. The way this is set up means it's just wishy-washy enough for Meats to take this either way depending on how the day shook out.

Single mega sketch point for Meats
As soon as sporty flipped I knew this iso was going to come up later because I never came to a real solid conclusion about sporty from it lol.

At the time of that lynch I had sporty in my "Wet Dog Smell" category in my reads lists but hadn't turned up much that was actionable about her either way, and I'm usually not quick to play "lynch whoever the villager who just died was most suspicious of", especially after the big skim/AMSAR thing the day before. I went with Stagg's info due to the confidence he had in it, but I'm pretty sure based on what I knew that day that I probably wouldn't have been lynching sporty without his info.
 
As soon as sporty flipped I knew this iso was going to come up later because I never came to a real solid conclusion about sporty from it lol.

At the time of that lynch I had sporty in my "Wet Dog Smell" category in my reads lists but hadn't turned up much that was actionable about her either way, and I'm usually not quick to play "lynch whoever the villager who just died was most suspicious of", especially after the big skim/AMSAR thing the day before. I went with Stagg's info due to the confidence he had in it, but I'm pretty sure based on what I knew that day that I probably wouldn't have been lynching sporty without his info.
This sounds reasonable.

Despite your protests to the contrary, though, you're a very sharp player and this kind of thing -- where it could be real, or it could be fabricated in a way that gives you multiple exit strategies -- puts me on edge. You're usually a step ahead, and so posts like this, combined with the fact that you have been sitting on a bunch of villager lynches so far, make me wonder if your strategic thinking energy isn't getting exercised in other ways.
 
This sounds reasonable.

Despite your protests to the contrary, though, you're a very sharp player and this kind of thing -- where it could be real, or it could be fabricated in a way that gives you multiple exit strategies -- puts me on edge. You're usually a step ahead, and so posts like this, combined with the fact that you have been sitting on a bunch of villager lynches so far, make me wonder if your strategic thinking energy isn't getting exercised in other ways.

I like the subliminal “not a wolf” message you have as your tag.
 
Yeah I mean my pm with sporty was not exactly flattering to me or really confusing to read. Just kind of me bumbling around because I hadn’t caught up yet.
That's how I thought mine was but apparently other people read it differently.

What are your thoughts on my PMs?
 
This sounds reasonable.

Despite your protests to the contrary, though, you're a very sharp player and this kind of thing -- where it could be real, or it could be fabricated in a way that gives you multiple exit strategies -- puts me on edge. You're usually a step ahead, and so posts like this, combined with the fact that you have been sitting on a bunch of villager lynches so far, make me wonder if your strategic thinking energy isn't getting exercised in other ways.
Well now I feel like I'm being pocketed lol
 
*************
giphy.gif

*************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, maybe I can figure out who to vote for just based on process of elimination:

MJ - Basically nothing to go on. Which sort of sketches me out, but he seemed to also have a good reason
Lawper - Still sketches me out. Has been on a lot of village lynches plus jumped in early on sporty which could be trying to not stand out as wolf when he knew sporty was a goner
Coopah - Unless I missed something, wasn't coop seered as village?
Barkley - Same for bark?
Caiter - Not sure here, but feeling village
Beagle - Kind of gives me the same feels as lawps
Allie - Feels village to me
VMH/Pippy - For some reason I feel like there's no way both of you are village lol
ZigZag - Feels village
Capri - Not sure. Some people thought wolfy, but I'll have to go back and look.

For now I guess I'll be the first to vote. I have not seen anything this whole time to make me feel less wolfy about lawps, so I'm going to go that way:

lynch lawps